Numestor

Advice for my Gear / AoE DPS Rotation

5 posts in this topic

Hi there,

I started playing again with legion and would need some advice regarding my gear.

I just wanted to know if there is a maximum value for crit that you stack up to?

Here is a link to the armory:

Armory

At the moment, I have the following stats ingame (not buffed):

28387 Int

58% Crit

7% Haste

16% Mastery

Should I just further stack and maximize my crit value? Or is there a cap where the stat priority changes?

I think my single target DPS is fine so far. But when I see my AoE DPS then I am not sure if I am doing something wrong.

Regarding the DPS of a DH or a Monk it seems that I'm dealing not that much AoE Damage. Not sure if other saw the same.

My rotation for 3+ Mobs:

Living Bomb on CD

Phoenix Flames if available

Cast Fireball, use Fireblast to gain procs

When procc avaiilable, use flamestrike

I repeat this rotation until there are less then 3 mobs. At this point I just start to cast Fireball and use my proccs / fireblast if ready

Anyone got some tips? Am I doing something wrong here?

Thanks a lot in advance for all answers. As I am not a native speaker, there might be some mistakes in the text

Cheers

numestor

Edited by Numestor

The guide for fire mages is quite confusing here in it it states Meteor is good for AoE, but also that Cinderstorm is good for multiple targets.

My personal findings find that Cinderstorm is actually OP even in single target fights, if aimed right.  I'd recommend on fights with adds that are at least semi stacked, taking Cinderstorm.  Id open with living bomb, blinking up next to them, D Roaring, FB X2, Flamestrike, Cinderstorm.

Currently, crit maintains it's value due to Pyretic IncantationPyretic Incantation. Keep stacking Crit as much as you can.

If you want further help with the rotation, I'd suggest posting a log of some sort in an AoE situation.

3 hours ago, QuasiYolo said:

The guide for fire mages is quite confusing here in it it states Meteor is good for AoE, but also that Cinderstorm is good for multiple targets.

Not quite sure where the confusion stems from, but:

Kindling Icon Kindling is the go-to talent for raiding. A large percentage of Fire damage derives from your Combustion Icon Combustion, making this talent an imperative for maximizing ouput. Cinderstorm Icon Cinderstorm is strong on fights where you can regularly hit many targets, or where you would not net an extra Combustion from Kindling Icon Kindling. Meteor Icon Meteor is a good choice in situations where burst priority damage or AoE is most important.

• Kindling is your main talent for raiding and general encounters in EN. It is the strongest ST talent assuming you get an extra combustion.
  • If you cannot get an extra combustion in the fight due to duration, use Cinderstorm for Single Target.
  • Cinderstorm can be used for periods of damage where you can constantly hit targets with the spell (works on 2 targets, even).
  • Meteor is good for high burst, such as when an add or group of mobs NEEDS to die quickly, or when you are required to deal AoE damage. This is generally considered to be 3+ targets.

Thanks a lot for your feedback. I will be trying Cinderstorm within the next runs, will post a short feedback what I prefered (at the moment I was using meteor)

Thanks for your input regarding the crit value Blainie, I will be stacking more crit in that case.

Just another thought, I prefered crit / mastery at the moment as it is written in the guide.

However, is it ok that the haste value is 10% lower than the mastery? I'm thinking about to try to get some Crit / Haste items so that mastery / haste are little bit more balanced.

However, I'm not sure if this would be a good idea splitting between those "secondary" stats or if I should clearly go further for crit / mastery and just "ignore" the haste value.

Thanks all for your inputs.

Cheers

Numestor

Edited by Numestor

Sorry for the late reply! I think you can comfortably keep stacking Crit/Mastery, honestly.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Euphey
      Hi everyone! I am slightly suck on what gear i should be trying to go for right now, and itemization for what i have, and should be wearing, my armory is here :http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormrage/Bãttousai/simple. My issue is that i have the legendary cloak and legendary pants so far and according to the guide those are both of the slots for the best tier pieces, is it worth wearing the tier pants over Valeeras Will? i dont have any logs at the moment, but i usually parse around 60% on fights with not much movement, but drops down to 30% on fights with movement and i feel like that is because my gear is not optimized compared to others of my item level, i have been playing rogue for a long time and i fully understand the rotation and am confident that i am doing everything correctly. How much of an item level drop should i allow to get better optimized stats? Thanks! Edit - The gems and weapon ilvl on the armory link is bogus, my weapons are 896 not 925, other than that everything is correct.
    • By Glaiver
      Dear icy-veins members,

Maybe this sound realy stupid, maybe it does not, but I am very confused on the opening sequence, TBH, I realy do not KNOW what will be the opening sequence for the 2.3 - Heavy AoE and Dungeon Build as descripted in the guide under the 2.0 - Talent Cheat Sheet?!

Hopefully someone can help me answering the correct rotation. My issue is that I do NOT have enough fury build.

Fury builders are IMO:
      1. 25% chance on summoning a gem with chaos blade and there for getting 35? fury. (but have to use chaos blades first?)
      2. just using the most bad spell demon's bite first? to get the 50 fury and then use eye beam (generating 35 fury every sec and go berserk/burst damage after?).

3. using fel mastery (lvl99) talent instead of blind fury (lvl99) talent?! But then you miss the effect I descriped on nr.2.

I GUESS option 1 should do the trick, since it only cost 15 rage and then hopefully you get the 25% chance on making gems and then build up to 50 fury and then use the Eye Beam?? 
      Is this correct??

The hole main question here is: "How do you build up the correct amount of Fury in this build". It seems (with all the passive talents 100%) you can not seem to do fast "Berserk/BURST damage". I know reading the basics of DH in general (the first sentences of the guide), that the negative down points (- point) are BURST damage. 

Or am I weird and I just have to button spam something?

Plz, tell me your opening sequence/order for this AOE build.

Thanks guys

• By ALdoman
      Hi, I am a main deeeeeeps in a semi-hardcore guild that is currently 2/10M, I have 3 core legendaries: ring, belt and cloak, I am currently wearing the ring but I am uncertain of what the cloak can add to my dps. I have a 880 stat stick trinket, heroic 890 EEF, 895 draught of souls, i also have a 895 haste verst chest from Spellblade. with socket. also have the mythic skorpy neck and a 900 crit haste one with 1.8k crit.
      My question is, what is my optimal setup for single target and what is my optimal set up for cleave/M+? I do around 650K dps for single target fights and want to push my limit as I have max traits. and furthermore what trinkets/items i should be hunting for?  
      my armory:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostmourne/Evànescen/simple
      I also have 4 piece set with 875 shoulders and 880 hands, didnt use them due to the massive ilvl difference and I dont think 4 set is that good anyway.
      Any comment is greatly appreciated! Please share some experiences playing around with these stats. with the stat stick and the high crit neck I can hit around 33% crit unbuffed and 20% haste.

• By Epicburn
      here is a link to my logs and armory
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/21022326/latest/
      http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormreaver/Èpic/simple
      i am currently in a heroic raiding guild. 7/7 h EN, and 2/3 h ToV. i am also currently 873 item level with a BIS legendary ring.I have been told, and have felt that on multiple occasions i am severely under performing compared to my other guild m8s.I thought it was just my artifact level. i got my 36th trait, and my dps has skyrocketed! alas it is still not enough. i'm looking for anyone who can help me figure out what i'm doing wrong.Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    • By p1xel8ted
      Hi Guys,
      Just after a gear health check. Cleared H EN, and currently 2/3 H TOV.
      http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/khazgoroth/Stiix/advanced
      Crit - 19%
      Haste - 29% (42% max stacks)
      Mastery - 33%
      Parry - 22%
      Vers - 6% (14% with Icor)
      I've mainly being going for Crit/Haste gear. 33 ranks in wep.
      1 Legendary, Shackles.
      Any input/advice would be appreciated!