FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valkas

Unholy AOE deviations with legendaries.

Hello all! I figured i'd make this thread to get some up to date information on the AOE rotation for unholy.  Currently i'm 935 ilvl, and I run Incstructor's fourth lesson and Soul. (For lack of a better option.) However it is my understanding that these two legendaries make for the strongest aoe rotation. Is this true?

That is my first question. My second is what is the priority for aoe when running these two. Is it to wait for defile to drop, then festering wound a target a couple times, then Scourge Strike? Or is the priority to just put Wounds on then pop them asap, dropping the defile whenever it's available. Typically I wait for defile before I start building Wounds, but given the soul and the extra talent, i suspect it's better to just aoe without Defile if it's unavailable or perhaps just better to rarely spend runes on defile? Curious as to your thoughts!

Edited by Valkas

Instructor's Fourth Lesson and Soul of the Deathlord are certainly a solid combination for AoE. Depending on situation you may sometimes swap the bracers for helm (based on how often you need to burn down packs).

The best time to use Defile / DnD is as soon as you encounter the pack, while you also have Blighted Rune Weapon active and Dark Transformation up (with Infected Claws), assuming you have taken these talents. BRW charges and pet will be generating enough festering wounds and all you need to do is burst them, not wasting (too many) runes on FS. These CDs will line up every minute, or every other Defile / DnD cast. Outside that window, put a couple festering wounds on your primary target first before dropping Defile - you don't want to waste GCDs and runes on FS on single target, while Scourge Strike / Clawing Shadows could strike everything around.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Tomseno
      Raid/Class Spots Are Open To Any Applicant If The Player Is The Right Fit
      A guild formed with an ambition for progression and a love for M+ we decided to make the move from Silvermoon Alliance and form a guild to take our focus to the next level, Cutting Edge in 10.1 being the next step.
      We believe in building a guild by recruit players of a similar goal and mentality whether it be for raiding or for push score in Mythic plus. We value loyalty, honesty and a positive attitude towards setbacks. Communication skills are an absolute must.
      Raid Schedule
      Wednesday 20:30-23:00 Sunday 20:30-23:00
      Current Progression
      9/9HC 5/9M
      What are we looking for recruitment wise?
      We're currently open to recruiting DPS classes listed above, as we aim to solidify a stable 25-player roster. We're looking to provide competition to existing members and choose the best 25 players to proceed with for next tier.
      Contact Information:
      Discord; tomsen and lora1506
      Think you'd be a good fit?
      If you believe that you are a player that is looking to achieve the same goals as us then why not contact us and see if we can achieve our goals together!
    • By Velovictus
      Heyas all! Here's a short music video paying homage to all the Blood Death Knights out there, much love!

• By Memerion
      Where are the vendors that sell bladed steelboots? I've been looking for them everywhere to complete this set but am unable to locate them and just end up running around in circles. 

sos someone help me please. 
    • By Ehiztari
      Enter Eclipse Apply or maintain your Moonfire, Sunfire, and Stellar Flare (if talented) Keep Celestial Alignment / Incarnation: Chosen of Elune (if talented) on cooldown Cast Convoke the Spirits when you have less than 50 Astral Power. Try to pair with your other cooldowns but do not lose a use. Spend your Astral Power on Starsurge or Starfall on multi-target. Do not lose uses of Warrior of Elune, Force of Nature, or Fury of Elune (if talented). Cast the Eclipse-appropriate filler. Item 3 says to cast Celestial Alignment as a higher priority than (presumably that means before you cast) Convoke the Spirits.
      The subsection on Convoke the Spirits Optimization says "Generally, you will play around your Convoke and not your Celestial Alignment, as you almost never want to cast Celestial Alignment without Convoke up as well."
      I'm not quite understanding how I'm supposed to prioritize Celestial Alignment in my rotation but not generally cast Celestial Alignment without Convoke up.
      Unless Convoke is a special sort of channel, if you actually managed to cast Celestial Alignment during Convoke, wouldn't it interrupt the channeling of Convoke?
      If I am supposed to cast Convoke and then cast Celestial Alignment as it's channeling, shouldn't the rotation guide have those reversed?
      I'm sorry to be a noodge about accuracy here, but either I'm badly misunderstanding what looks like fairly simple instructions or the two elements of the instructions are inconsistent with one another.
    • By Dina96
      The way to enhance Frost Death Knight leveling and then update it in the very start and up into the greatest levels in brief phrases? Opt for the very best gift on every level you obtain so as to find out and use best. Look at these Frost Death Knight abilities and highlight the ones that you have to have on your desk whilst trimming the enthusiast.
      Level 56 - Cold Heart. Level 57 - Horn of Winter, Runic Attenuation. Level 58 - pick one of 3 because they have exactly the identical part in leveling: Passing's Reach, Asphyxiate, Blinding Sleet. Level 60 - Frozen Pulse, Froscythe. Level 75 - Wraith Walk. Level 90 - Frostwyrm's Fury, Gathering Storm. Level 100 - Breath of Sindragosa. You are welcome to add some corrections!