Enhancement Gear Optimization & General Questions

2 posts in this topic

Hello all. With the addition of Legion, I find myself lost when it comes to figuring out optimal gear combinations for what I have available to me in my bags. Currently I have pieces of gear that could be swapped around ranging in ilvl,  and I get overwhelmed figuring out which combination that would be the best available to me. I understand that Agility is our top priority as a stat, but at what point does this get trumped with optimal secondary stat combinations.

This is my armory link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/proudmoore/Haibik/advanced

I have links for the pieces of gear that I'm currently holding onto, in the case that what Im wearing could potentially be paired up with (for "better" secondary stat combinations):

http://www.wowhead.com/item=139083/bramblemail-pauldrons&bonus=1492:1826   (has prismatic socket)

I realize that with raiding and mythic (+) dungeons I could face replacements for the gear im wearing now, but I still come to the same question of what I should and shouldn't pair with.

Also in regards to optimal gearing, I have a question pertaining to relic choice. Currently for my artifact weapon I am using the following:

And I have access to http://www.wowhead.com/item=137316/torch-of-shaladrassil&bonus=1726&spec=263

Would it be worth it to replace my +42 ilvl Fire relic for an optimal relic trait of the +36 ilvl Fire relic? Would losing the 6 ilvl from the Original relic make up for the 10% increase to attack speed for a total of +50% attack speed on stormbringer proc? I'd imagine no, seeing as how the guide notes that ilvl trumps artifact traits. In this case I'm wondering if the increase to attack speed from stormbringer procs (possibly resulting in more stormbringer procs) could justify the ilvl drop. 

This may be poor intuition but I don't trust Mr. Robot, only because It doesn't seem to take the 1: .7 mastery haste ratio into account. Speaking about mastery and haste, is the 17% haste before Ancestral Swiftness still recommended? Or was it strictly a Pre-patch strategy.

Edited by higgins1289

My suggestion would be to run some sims using various combinations of gear to see if you can get a significant dps increase. Some general rules 

• Go for the highest ilevel gear with mastery on it. Avoid pieces with versatility. From what I can see, your gearing  favouring haste/mastery is pretty good already. 
  • No combination of secondary stats is going make a 825 gear better than a 850 gear. If more than 10 ilvl upgrade, equip the higher ilvl piece regardless of secondary stats
  • For the relic, the ilevel of a 840 is going to beat out a 825 relic with a favourable trait. 
Edited by Karanir

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Athosius
      i was wondering about a few trinkets as i'm trying to max my dmg since my guild will be trying myth soon (can't complain atm, dmg is quite good)
      Last night i got 
      from Heroic Cenarius. I switched my 825 Devilsaur Shockbaton for it. Other trinket atm is 855 Faulty Countermeasure.
      What i'm wondering is, another Enha is running 
      and the proc'd stats difference is quite significant, as CoW procs at 865 with 2,760 Crit/Mastery/Haste whereas Memento on 855 with sth around 4,5k same stats. Duration is different, 10s uptime CoW, 6s Memento. Still i feel like a Memento on 865 could outperform CoW, since it also hast alot Mainstat. Simcraft won't give me contructive feedback, no matter how ofter i run in (more than 10k actions). has anyone some info on these two trinkets?
      Is CoW good, or do i need to farm Maw of Souls again like a mad man (with this weeks teeming/necrotic not that easy)?
      Bonus Question: Couldn't dig up any information about FCM being nerfed for Enha, can someone enlighten me why it's not good anymore?
      Thx in advance!
    • By Feelpain
      I am in need of help. My Doomhammer is currently on 887 itemlevel. From this weeks world boss I got 860 ilvl "Calamir's Jaw" which gives "Each target hit by crash lightning increases damage dealt by my next stormstrike by 2%. (which is semi ok).
      BUT my current one is a 850 ilvl "Torch of shaladrassil" with 10% increased attack speed when stormstrike proccs.
      So the question is, do I switch to the 860 ilvl one? It boosts doomhammer from 887 to 890. BUT i loose 10% attack speed. goes from 40% to 30%. Is it worth it? I feel stormstrike proccs alot and the attackspeed is very useful.

• By MrLama
      I believe I should introduce myself as it's my first post on this board, so to make it short, I've been an on and off WoW player since the end of WotLK and my main has always been a shaman (with small exception of MoP where i Mained priest, for a month...)
      Now to get to the point. Currently I have 4 trinkets with me, one is a 865 Bloodthirsty Instinct, one a 845 Chrono Shard, 840 Chaos Talisman and 855 Eye of Skovald.
      Up till 10 minutes ago I was rocking a combination of Bloodthirsty Instinct with Chaos Talisman, but now I'm curious. Which trinket combo should yield me the biggest DPS buff?
      Here's my armory:
      This topic can be removed, the dillema solved itself with a better trinket dropping
    • By Jokersloan
      i'm looking for a nice Enhancement Pawn String or just the Stat Priority for Pawn.
      This is the stat weight from Noxxic,  Agility [9.04] > Haste [7.54] > Mastery [6.04] > Crit [4.54] > Versatility [3.04], but i dont like this so much, maybe you know a better one.
    • By Bigboyee
      So my guild finally squeaked out our heroic Il'gynoth kill this week, but my dps was far lower than what i typically get and what I've seen other enh. Shaman getting on it. I was wondering if any of the more experienced enhancement shaman could take a look at my logs for the kill and see what mistakes I'm making. Any help is much appreciated :)
      My Logs:https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/KPc13j6aF4g8xkYH#type=damage-done&source=3
      My armory:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/malganis/Bigboyee/simple