FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Xzylion

Tell Me When/Weak Auras - Feral Spirit buff

Hi

So, lately I have been looking around the web for someone to explain how I can insert an icon/bar that displays the "buff" Feral Spirit. I am mainly using the Tell Me When addon, but I had to go  through Weak Auras this time to get it right. I also want to mention that I would not have been able to get it right had I not imported the Weak Auras string from Wordup (author of the enhancement shaman guide). The reason for this being so complicated is because contrary to what you might think, Feral Spirit does not work as a buff. Therefore you will have to manually work around this problem to get it to work. I have added some pictures that will hopefully make the process easier.

PS. I am in no way an expert on either Tell Me When or Weak Auras, so be gentle...

1) Tell Me When:

1.thumb.png.88e07f9a3c68e7e7e5b4cd47d3b5078f.png

This is the general layout. If you dont want an icon, but a bar. You can go into the "group" tab (bottom right of tell me when) and select bar (on the very top)

2.thumb.png.089789f4d9cba21d9a095914e424aa73.png

This is how the layout inside Tell Me When should look after completion. Feral Spirit is no longer a "buff", so you will have to make a Combat Event where you manually enter the amount of seconds the combat event (Feral Spirit) should be active, in this case 15 seconds

3.thumb.png.79cfd2758674e68a6680dbcc34d91116.png

This is important: Events to check --> Casts --> Spell Cast Success

After all that you should be ready to go!

2) Weak Auras:

11.thumb.png.23264947bec06bc35a66ba6591102598.png

222.thumb.png.9d83774f86e4b3b8ec81fd349b46dc18.png

Feral Spirit is no longer a "buff", so you will have to make a Combat Log where you manually enter the amount of seconds the combat event (Feral Spirit) should be active, in this case 15 seconds

22.thumb.png.de898952115bd03f9c505550fd4e8f8c.png

Just scrolling down

44.thumb.png.e6d79ab61b84af21a1b6f2828987b142.png

All the way at the bottom you have to enter the Spell Name and the amount of seconds that the Combat Event (Feral Spirit) should be active.

Now you should be all ready to go!

Edited by Xzylion
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Xzylion said:

PS. I am in no way an expert on either Tell Me When or Weak Auras, so be gentle...

Expert or not, you've done a great job. Thanks for putting this up! I'm sure it'll be of great use to Shamans galore.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this