6 posts in this topic
Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
i nees some help with the marksmanship rotation. I'm trying to follow the guide of azortharion
In no-proc periods: Arcane Shot until 95 Focus, then Aimed Shot to not Focus cap and repeat. If Windburst becomes available during one of these periods, use it immediately and generate focus with Arcane Shot afterwards. Then, towards the end of the Vulnerable window, cast the 2 Aimed Shots with roughly 4 seconds remaining on Vulnerable. When you get a proc: → Marked Shot → Keep Cast Arcane Shot once (twice with extremely high Haste) so that there is only ~4 seconds remaining on Vulnerable → 2x Aimed Shots.
But i really have some diffcult. Usually i'm doing this:
- If vulnerable is down: cast windurst if is up or marked shot -> 1x arcane shot -> 2x aimed shot
But really, i never have enough focus to do this and a lot of time i can cast only 1 aimed shot.
I dont understand.
I will NOT be using BoS in 7.1.5... why?
Basically with the combination of Gathering Storm (extended RW) and fitting more Rime into that time period I'm hoping that my M+ hybrid spec will remain competitive and the sims thus far seem to support the theory.
If you have the helm too, grats! and look forward to the major increase in it's power with Freezing Fog +30% and Tier 19 based around more Rime and more RP from Rime we should see many viable builds popping up on logs. **Stay with FP for now until you have T19 x 2 - see updated build link ^^
Why not BoS and Hungering? ... well, I'm looking for big Rime crits and don't fancy the long CD to manage. I also want to remain powerful in M+ which should be the case with this build... I'm pretty sure I can become more useful with Winter is Coming + extended RW... stunning mobs for the whole of PoF uptime.
Obliteration will be used to maximise rune spam for Gathering Storm.
Lets hear your thoughts?
So, first off, I've decided to bring my hunter out of retirement and have begun the (not so horrid) grind. I've reached the point in Legion where I have both my BM and MM artifacts and I've messed around the current "best" talent choices and rotations to try and see how they play out.
I'm in the early stages of Legion levelling (currently 103) but I have mained a Death Knight since just after Legion started and wanted a nice old school rDPS alternative for when the raids call for it. I've messed around with both specs *briefly* (and naturally as I level I'll get a better feel for them both) and I can't really decide which route I'd prefer to go down and with the incoming changes to BM (buffs all around it seems) and nerfs to some aspects of MM I'd really like to gather the opinions of other people to help me decide which route is best for me.
Things I've noticed so far:
1. Focus regen is an issue in BM and too a lesser extent in MM, I constantly find myself out of focus for up to 1-2 seconds, so I'm stood AAing - is this normal? A product of low, under-geared, lack of haste?
2. Sidewinders feels HORRIBLE to use. I'm all for using what is best for that DPS race, but this talent just feel so poor to use. It might be a product of the way I play my Frost DK, but I like having filler spells, and the loss and or Arcane and Multi shot spam just hurts my gameplay feel.
3. Did I mention Sidewinders feels horrible? The fact it pulls everything unless I'm hugging my target in melee range really doesn't make sense to me either. Why is this the mechanic?
4. From a round of log reading I've seen that both BM and MM (as of 7.1.0) perform better in various fights and in various ways -- But my guild mates tell me otherwise. This could be a lack of them personally playing either spec, but just something I wanted to query what people think, although I guess with the changes coming it isn't as relevant now.
For anyone that can give me any advice on which way to go it would be very appreciated, I'd love to get back into Hunter, I just really can't decide which spec will suit me best in playstyle and raiding! (Also, I'm torn on a class fantasy level because Windrunner bow vs 2 pets!)
Thanks for taking the time to read (and reply!)
Union is an alliance guild on the PVE server Uldum, we are currently 7/7 Mythic EN and 2/3 Mythic ToV and looking to add one hunter to our ranks prior to Nighthold. Union has been around since Vanilla and has had the same core of raiders for years. We pride ourselves on raiding just 10 hours per week and being able to maintain a high US ranking throughout the last several expansions. We raid:
Tuesday 8-11 EST (5-8 PST)
Thursday 8-11 EST (5-8 PST)
Sunday 7-11 EST (4-8 PST)
We are looking for a player that not only parses high, but has good survival instincts and always comes prepared to each raid.
Hit me up in game: Stormcaster#1629