Topic Details

[Archived] Destruction Warlock 5.4

119 replies to this topic Started by Damien, Aug 24 2012 10:54 PM comments warlock destruction
- - - - -
  • Please log in to reply

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:54 PM

Damien
  • Damien
  • Administrator
  • LocationParis, France

This thread is for comments about our Destruction Warlock guide.

Join us on IRC! | server: irc.quakenet.org | port: 6667 | channel: #icy-veins

Posted 03 September 2012 - 12:54 PM

Guest_Bernatella_*
  • Guest_Bernatella_*
  • NO DEFAULT AVATAR
"Currently, the talents are tuned in such a way that Posted Image Grimoire of Service is the best Tier 5 talent and will be the default choice for Destruction Warlocks"

According to the simulationcraft's demon analysis, it seems, that sacrifice talent ha a best result.

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:32 PM

Damien
  • Damien
  • Administrator
  • LocationParis, France

"Currently, the talents are tuned in such a way that Posted Image Grimoire of Service is the best Tier 5 talent and will be the default choice for Destruction Warlocks"

According to the simulationcraft's demon analysis, it seems, that sacrifice talent ha a best result.

Indeed, I've just obtained the same results myself. Things are changing fast and the guide has been updated to reflect that :)

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:38 AM

Guest_Brizzy_*
  • Guest_Brizzy_*
  • NO DEFAULT AVATAR
Just wanted to point out, it's not theory crafted or anything but your aoe section notes only to keep RoF and fire and brimstone an immolate. When working on multi mobs (7+) during encounters example, yor'sahj adds, and most trash that you can fit 2-3 fire and brimstone incinerates in with the rest of your rotation. So long as there is a decent ammount of mobs it will instantly replenish, or even fill one and some of the next burning ember allowing you to pretty much spam it. I just wanted to point it out, it may or may not be optimal and it might be something totally wrong but just wanted to throw it out there. Great guides though, used em for all my alts for talent choices and glyphs. Very well laid out!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:41 PM

Damien
  • Damien
  • Administrator
  • LocationParis, France

Just wanted to point out, it's not theory crafted or anything but your aoe section notes only to keep RoF and fire and brimstone an immolate. When working on multi mobs (7+) during encounters example, yor'sahj adds, and most trash that you can fit 2-3 fire and brimstone incinerates in with the rest of your rotation. So long as there is a decent ammount of mobs it will instantly replenish, or even fill one and some of the next burning ember allowing you to pretty much spam it.

I just wanted to point it out, it may or may not be optimal and it might be something totally wrong but just wanted to throw it out there. Great guides though, used em for all my alts for talent choices and glyphs. Very well laid out!

That's a great suggestion, thank you! I added it to the guide :)

Posted 08 September 2012 - 11:25 PM

helheim
  • helheim
  • Vagrant

Currently, we feel that there is no need for additional macros to play a Destruction Warlock to its full potential.

but you have no mouse over macros, only focus/target ones. so i disagree with this statement.

Indeed, I've just obtained the same results myself. Things are changing fast and the guide has been updated to reflect that Posted Image

http://elitistjerks....on/#post2136669

the numbers aren't for level 90, they are for level 85, thus why you'll see dps numbers like 55k as opposed to the 110k in the top chart.

http://www.simulatio...struction.html note the heroic t13 profile.

Edited by helheim, 08 September 2012 - 11:31 PM.

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:02 PM

Damien
  • Damien
  • Administrator
  • LocationParis, France

but you have no mouse over macros, only focus/target ones. so i disagree with this statement.

http://elitistjerks....on/#post2136669

the numbers aren't for level 90, they are for level 85, thus why you'll see dps numbers like 55k as opposed to the 110k in the top chart.

http://www.simulatio...struction.html note the heroic t13 profile.

What do you use mouseover macros for? Applying DoTs?

I'm aware that the simulation results we're talking about are for level 85. For now, everything we're giving in those guides, with the exception of Tier 6 talents, is meant for level 85. It's a kind of weird situation where we have to maintain our guides for level 85 while also preparing for level 90.

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:57 AM

Guest_Norrinir_*
  • Guest_Norrinir_*
  • NO DEFAULT AVATAR

Note that if you applied a very powerful Posted Image Immolate (due to a temporary buff, trinket proc/use, etc.), it may be worth it to keep extending its duration with Posted Image Fel Flame, rather than simply refreshing (and thus overwriting the DoT with a less powerful version).

Actually, when Fel Flame extends the duration of your DoTs, their damage (alongside with crit chance and tick time) is recalculated. You might want to refresh a DoT when the temporary effect is about to fall off, giving you few extra seconds of the powerful version.

I just double checked to be sure and it seems to be the case on both live and beta.

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:19 AM

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guest_Guest_*
  • NO DEFAULT AVATAR
im playing live now on my warlock and im wondering why you believe crit>haste

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:00 PM

Guest_Morticia_*
  • Guest_Morticia_*
  • NO DEFAULT AVATAR

im playing live now on my warlock and im wondering why you believe crit>haste

Crit over haste? That's crazy talk Posted Image

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:18 PM

Damien
  • Damien
  • Administrator
  • LocationParis, France
We get our stat priorities from Simulation Craft. According to this tool, Critical Strike Rating is always slightly more value than Haste Rating, regardless of your gear level. When I say slightly, it means between 5 and 10% (depending on your gear).

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:25 PM

Guest_Morticia_*
  • Guest_Morticia_*
  • NO DEFAULT AVATAR
Dark Soul: Instability is your main DPS cooldown. It increases your critical strike chance by 30% for. Use it on cooldown and try to max out your Burning Embers before using it, so that you can cast Posted Image Chaos Bolt as many times while your critical strike chance is increased.

Since Chaos Bolt always critically strikes, this tip for Dark Soul: Instability is incorrect. I personally have DS:I on a macro to cast with one of my rotation spells as soon as it's available. One less thing to worry about. Great guide, thanks very much!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:33 PM

Zagam
  • Zagam
  • Sha of Fel Magic
  • LocationMorgantown, WV

Dark Soul: Instability is your main DPS cooldown. It increases your critical strike chance by 30% for. Use it on cooldown and try to max out your Burning Embers before using it, so that you can cast Posted Image Chaos Bolt as many times while your critical strike chance is increased.

Since Chaos Bolt always critically strikes, this tip for Dark Soul: Instability is incorrect. I personally have DS:I on a macro to cast with one of my rotation spells as soon as it's available. One less thing to worry about. Great guide, thanks very much!

That tip is NOT incorrect. Critical Strike rating increases the damage of Chaos Bolt as it always crits, so maxing out your embers prior to DS coming off cooldown is a good way to do incredible burst damage. Chaos Bolt is best used when under the effects of crit-increasing enhancements such as trinkets and Dark Soul:Instability.

Raid Leader of <Semi Respectable> - US-Mal'Ganis, 14/14M

Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/icyveinszagam

Gear, Parses, and Achievements - WoW-Heroes Profile & Rankings

Log Analysis Sign-ups here!  Bring your whole guild's logs - I'll fix all of you!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:34 PM

Zagam
  • Zagam
  • Sha of Fel Magic
  • LocationMorgantown, WV

Crit over haste? That's crazy talk Posted Image

For Destruction, Crit is valued slightly above Haste. Hardly crazy talk when backed up by math =)

Raid Leader of <Semi Respectable> - US-Mal'Ganis, 14/14M

Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/icyveinszagam

Gear, Parses, and Achievements - WoW-Heroes Profile & Rankings

Log Analysis Sign-ups here!  Bring your whole guild's logs - I'll fix all of you!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:08 PM

Guest_duddits_*
  • Guest_duddits_*
  • NO DEFAULT AVATAR
Just curious because you mention to use mr. robot yet for destro it still says haste > crit

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:10 AM

Guest_Snoopypants_*
  • Guest_Snoopypants_*
  • NO DEFAULT AVATAR
why dont you mention curse of elements once in any rotation?

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:35 AM

Damien
  • Damien
  • Administrator
  • LocationParis, France

Just curious because you mention to use mr. robot yet for destro it still says haste > crit

We are in the process of harmonizing our stat priorities with Ask Mr. Robot :)

why dont you mention curse of elements once in any rotation?

Curse of the Elements is optional and even if you don't have a Hunter or a Rogue in your group to provide the debuff, it only needs to be applied once every 5 minutes.

In any case, I added a mention of it in both the Demonology and the Destruction guides ;)

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:41 PM

Guest_Philll_*
  • Guest_Philll_*
  • NO DEFAULT AVATAR
Note that shadowburn refunds not just one ember but two. Also, conflagrate can be casted twice now, weird but thats how it is.

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:24 AM

Damien
  • Damien
  • Administrator
  • LocationParis, France

Note that shadowburn refunds not just one ember but two.
Also, conflagrate can be casted twice now, weird but thats how it is.

I think that Shadowburn refunds two embers only when it is the killing blow. I may need to do more testing on that. Or if someone can confirm it, that'd be great.

Regarding Conflagrate, did you mean Incinerate? I mean, I don't see anything that would prevent someone from casting Conflagrate twice.

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:06 PM

Guest_Cletje_*
  • Guest_Cletje_*
  • NO DEFAULT AVATAR
Hai Guys, Can any of you explain to my why I need to use expertise. Can't find it on the site. And I'm really wondering because I'm hit capped and still every site says that I need to reforg in to Exp. I just really don't get it. Can spells be parried or something like that. Because I'm still a caster and I'm not gonna stand next to a boss and hit him with my staff/dagger. So if somebody could explain it to me then pls.

Active Users

1 user(s) are browsing this forum 0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users