FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

6.1 Demonology Guide

Demo isn't optimal for Brack, but if you must, your job should be the big add and the boss. Leave the sporeshooters to the dps with more burst.

Destro it is mellow.png

What's everyone's opener on a single target with base (200?) fury? I'm also making the switch and have never raided as Demo before. I have Copeland's Clarity.

Also Imp Swarm? And always glyph DS for Demonbolt?

Thanks for the help guys.

If you have never played demo, forget about Imp swarm. I open on single target  with:

pre-pot

Shadowbolt

HoG

Corruption

Shadowbolt

HoG

Meta

Doom

Dark Soul + trinkets

Demon Bolt x2

Soul

and then resume fury building rotation

Edited by Bombsauce

HoG x2, meta + cata, Mannoroth's fury + immo aura, chaos wave on cd, fel/wrathstorm, gg

Should always use Chaos Wave on 2+ targets. 

Soulfire at precasting instead of Shadowbolt, generates more fury.

Correct - Soulfire is your pre-cast selection.

Demo isn't optimal for Brack, but if you must, your job should be the big add and the boss. Leave the sporeshooters to the dps with more burst.

Not optimal, but I do enjoy  Cata Demo on that fight.

Of course it helps me since I'm on flamethrowers because our hunters are a little dense.

Gonna get a 1m DB very soon.

It definitely seems possible to get a ~700k demonbolt in 680 gear (obviously with kargath tigers and favor). Could have had more favor and the demonbolt above was only a 3 stack. Obviously if you really wanted to go for it stack past four, but eh. Might want to have a limit on stacks if we do something like that.

Edited by Phenax

From yesterdays pharses many locks played demonbolt in combination with grimoire of supremacy and without imp glyph. On the other hand many played with grimoire of synergy and with imp glyph. What would be the best advice here ?

To play with what you want I guess! RNG can swing either way. Sup and no IS will be more consistent, though Synergy will likely parse higher akin to a good fire mage parse.

Bit confused now about 3 things....

1) Chaos Wave is better than HoG for more than 1 targets, right? (eg, always use it when twins are close to each other)

2) Is my opening correct?

pre-pot

pre-soulfire

HoG

corruption

imp swarm

demonguard

HoG

Meta

doom

DS + trinket

doombolt x2

touch of chaos till pop out of meta

Normal rotation

Am i doing it wrong? cuz i swear ive read it differently on the posts from bout 1 or 2 pages ago, and the guide says something else.

3) Is shards of nothing on use effect relevant at all for demon bolt? since it increases haste, and since i cant use more than 4 demon bolts it doesn't really matter if i cast them faster, because they already fit in the DS buff window.

Edited by Nyanchan

1) Chaos Wave is better than HoG for more than 1 targets, right? (eg, always use it when twins are close to each other)

2) Is my opening correct?

pre-pot

pre-soulfire

HoG

corruption

imp swarm

demonguard

HoG

Meta

doom

DS + trinket

doombolt x2

touch of chaos till pop out of meta

Normal rotation

Am i doing it wrong? cuz i swear ive read it differently on the posts from bout 1 or 2 pages ago, and the guide says something else.

3) Is shards of nothing on use effect relevant at all for demon bolt? since it increases haste, and since i cant use more than 4 demon bolts it doesn't really matter if i cast them faster, because they already fit in the DS buff window.

1)Yeah. Talked around in this thread.

2)Seems fine to me. (Using pretty much the same. I suck at Demo, though.)

3)DB is not getting bigger, but you'll end cycle and get DB debuff off faster, so it's an overall DPS increase.

Nyanchan, 

As far as I am aware (at least until the last patch) Imp Swarm is still a dps loss over course of a fight. I gather that you're better having regular Imps spawn giving you a somewhat constant fury.

I will let someone way more qualified comment on your rotation but I gather the main goal is to get enough fury the most effective way for nthe opening 2 DBs (or 3 depending on what rotation you are using) and the rest matters not as much. If you take out Imp Swarm and do the Demonguard there do you have enough for the 2 DBs? If not you may need an extra shadowbolt pre-meta.

Like Paracel says more haste decreases the Demonbolt cooldown allowing you to cast it again faster. Not sure what your gear is like yet but now I will often get near capping on fury (then spend it) before the cooldown is gone.

Good luck!  

Edited by spikeysquad

Wasn't it always Djargo? Or to put it another way I always played DB over Cata there but I am often behind the times! Or do you mean that Demo is now better than Affliction on that fight?

Damn these logs showing up ohmy.png Demonbolt way to go even on Twins now

Gonna disagree with that. Too much movement involved imo to make demonbolt worthwile. I'd prefer cata even if demonbolt is a 5k higher parsed. Alive me is better then dead me :P

Cata Demo only for Tectus or Ko'ragh if your raid need u to burn down little adds.

Gonna disagree with that. Too much movement involved imo to make demonbolt worthwile. I'd prefer cata even if demonbolt is a 5k higher parsed. Alive me is better then dead me tongue.png

Better delay your Dragon S + DB and use it than use cata, ImO

Edited by JvChequer

Do these hotfix change best trinket combo? (especially haste hotfix)

1) for non mythic raiders what's the best combo for demonology considering: copeland clarity 665; sandman pouch 670; shards of nothing 670; rune 670?

2) same question for destruction?

3) Is mythic shards 685 better than copeland clarity for the "on use" trinket slot for demonology and/or destruction?

I use Shards proc as a fury generator once my first full fury dump is done.

Simulated Grimoire Choices

Single Target Normal GoSynergy = 30,038

Single Target Normal GoSupremacy = 30,038

Single Target Normal GoService = 29,068

Single Target Mythic GoSynergy = 42,296

Single Target Mythic GoSupremacy = 42,217

Single Target Mythic GoService = 40,876

For 2 Target and 3 Target, Grimoire of Supremacy pulls ahead of Synergy by 1,800 DPS with 2 targets and 3,700 DPS with 3 targets.  Wrathguard seems to be hitting very hard with Mortal Cleave being your 3rd highest source of damage.  Bring on the Armageddon wielding Wrathguards!

You say supremacy is better on 2+ targets but then why Sparkugzz is having grimoire of synergy on the twins in mythiq ? :( 

You say supremacy is better on 2+ targets but then why Sparkugzz is having grimoire of synergy on the twins in mythiq ? sad.png

He is good and he is also big boy. He can take anything that he wants and finds comfortable with.

Simulationcraft assumes Cleave is always hittin 2/3 targets

Wraithguard ain't cleaving Twins with 420% uptime in real fights. They are taken apart, etc, and more mythic stuff.

Nyanchan, 

As far as I am aware (at least until the last patch) Imp Swarm is still a dps loss over course of a fight. I gather that you're better having regular Imps spawn giving you a somewhat constant fury.

I will let someone way more qualified comment on your rotation but I gather the main goal is to get enough fury the most effective way for nthe opening 2 DBs (or 3 depending on what rotation you are using) and the rest matters not as much. If you take out Imp Swarm and do the Demonguard there do you have enough for the 2 DBs? If not you may need an extra shadowbolt pre-meta.

Like Paracel says more haste decreases the Demonbolt cooldown allowing you to cast it again faster. Not sure what your gear is like yet but now I will often get near capping on fury (then spend it) before the cooldown is gone.

Good luck!  

I thought imp swarm was a dps gain if timed before entering meta, also this rotation allows me to use 2 demon bolts and 1 or 2 touch of chaos before popping me out, sometimes it even gives me way more and i can use toc like 4 or 5 times. 

how does the haste work with demon bolt then? if i have high haste before casting a demon bolt, then this demon bolt will trigger a lower cd? what happens if i cast lets say 2 demon bolts with normal haste, and the next 2 with super high haste (trink+hero)?

I thought imp swarm was a dps gain if timed before entering meta, also this rotation allows me to use 2 demon bolts and 1 or 2 touch of chaos before popping me out, sometimes it even gives me way more and i can use toc like 4 or 5 times. 

how does the haste work with demon bolt then? if i have high haste before casting a demon bolt, then this demon bolt will trigger a lower cd? what happens if i cast lets say 2 demon bolts with normal haste, and the next 2 with super high haste (trink+hero)?

Imp Swarm is not a DPS gain. It buffs your opener burst - and it's something you generally don't want to be buffed.

Sustained damage and MC procs and fury generation is better.

Haste and DB is pretty simple.

You have increased haste and cast DB - your debuff duration will be less. 

Second case is pretty the same - your first DB will apply debuff with full duration, second aswell(refresh it). #3 and #4 will apply (and refresh) the debuff according to your current - buffed - haste.

However, it does not affect your pure damage. You still can cast only 2/3/4 DB, regardless of your haste. And they won't punch more because you have Shards/Bloodlust. That's why haste isn't that good on Demo.