FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

6.1 Demonology Guide

Gotta love dem perks, right?  This perk is the reason that I suggest such an emphasis on 3 DB cycle so that you can keep Doom up all the time.  Someone getting to 20% Crit on their sheet DPS is going to have 40% with Doom.  If you only have 4 ticks, you're almost guaranteed for each one to pay for itself.  Probability of not getting one crit with a 40% chance on 4 ticks is 12.96%.  If you have 5 ticks, the odds go down to 7.77%.  Assuming some raid Haste, 5 ticks is going to pay for itself 92.3% of the time.

Wait, now we're at 3 DB cycle? Lol. How many times have we rewritten this book since i read it about two weeks ago? lol. Not that I'm against it, but I didn't see the math for it. Have we changed the meta?

The math is one thing - direct application is another.  In most situations, you can get off 4, but ease of playstyle considering moving with ToC facilitates 3 DB cycle.  You'll know if it if you play it.  Keeping Doom applied to multiple targets requires 50 DF per cast, so 850 isn't enough for 4 DB cycle.  Plus, your debuff from DB should be wearing off before you get to 850 - this is another reason to go with 3 DB.  It's not math that requires it - it's the feel and flow to a fight. 

The math is one thing - direct application is another.  In most situations, you can get off 4, but ease of playstyle considering moving with ToC facilitates 3 DB cycle.  You'll know if it if you play it.  Keeping Doom applied to multiple targets requires 50 DF per cast, so 850 isn't enough for 4 DB cycle.  Plus, your debuff from DB should be wearing off before you get to 850 - this is another reason to go with 3 DB.  It's not math that requires it - it's the feel and flow to a fight. 

Right. Well, I had a short spiel on it somewhere in here, where I essentially made the point that if you could get the debuff to fall off every 32 seconds, it was basically a net zero gain. I haven't yet (without getting really lucky) been finding myself sat on 850 fury with my debuff lingering, but I can feel the point approaching.I have felt a bit fury starved on things like say brackspore, but they're rare, and seem to be dimishing, so I dismissed it as me being new to the spec.

Does anyone here using Bartender have problems saving Demonbolt to their bars when they hit 100?

I change into Meta, save the spell yo mt bar, but it sticks when i get out of emta, overriding the spell i normally have there 

No one ever got back to me on this :(

Anyone using Bartender have problems saving demonbolt to their bars, using bartender

Bartender isn't that bad but I definitely would recommend getting elvui. Probs replace bartender and a bunch of other shit and you won have a problem. Wish i could help more than that.

So are people still thinking Demo is viable in PvE instead of playing destro or afflic? My dps is just so low compared to other destro locks. I've been trying hard to improve but my dps is still subpar...16-17k single target....~19k on a fight like twin ogron..639 ilvl..

Demo 100% viable in PVE, spec choice is largely based on the encounter.

I am currently running Demo and Affliction. I use Demo on Tectus (Because of AoE Burst and help with the movement), Butcher and Kargath (because of good single target DPS). Affli is good at fights with very high movement like Brackenspore or Butcher when you are assigned to help the melee groups or take the flame thrower. You can have a quite nice DPS on the boss while moving.

Twin Ogrons I would give the advantage to Destro but I am too lazy to specc after every fight and I good very good gear for both affli and Demo.

Its more viable then while SoO...

I can't see how Twin Ogron lends itself to Destruction, it's probably the worst.

So much movement, Demo with Cataclysm and Affliction with SB:H did very well for me.

I can't see how Twin Ogron lends itself to Destruction, it's probably the worst.

So much movement, Demo with Cataclysm and Affliction with SB:H did very well for me.

What fights are fights to be taking Cata>Demonbolt? I had just assumed that you go demonbolt every fight.

Twin Ogron is good with Cataclysm. Almost every time you can hit both bosses with it. This also free up your Fury to be spent on ToC.

I killed it as Affliction last week and did about the same DPS with like 3 ilvl lower, however Demonology was a hell of a lot more fun, and our re-kill was pretty messy whereas the kill was quite clean, so take from that what you will.

Tectus is just Cataclysm heaven. On Mythic you kill 8 motes plus 2 shards at the same time, so you just throw all your eggs in one basket for the final 30s burst. Cataclysm + GoServ + Imp Swarm + Infernal + Chaos Wave = tons of burst damage.

Tectus is just Cataclysm heaven. On Mythic you kill 8 motes plus 2 shards at the same time, so you just throw all your eggs in one basket for the final 30s burst. Cataclysm + GoServ + Imp Swarm + Infernal + Chaos Wave = tons of burst damage.

I'll probably drop my Destro spec for Demo when we reach Mythic Tectus, that sounds like a wet dream. Do you also run MF for this or do you prefer back to back DS for the burst phase?

If you consider using Cata, please make sure your tanks know this is something you can stand in and don´t move the bosses every 2 seconds. It´s super annyoing if your cata ends up useless, because tanks pull the mobs out of the cast zone in the last millisecond -.-

So are people still thinking Demo is viable in PvE instead of playing destro or afflic? My dps is just so low compared to other destro locks. I've been trying hard to improve but my dps is still subpar...16-17k single target....~19k on a fight like twin ogron..639 ilvl..

"Viable" is a term not to be used with Warlocks.  We're always "viable" in all specs - damage is in the hands of the user.

• Like 1

"Viable" is a term not to be used with Warlocks.  We're always "viable" in all specs - damage is in the hands of the user.

Playing demo vs what I would call a good destro warlock (not Zag or Locky mind you, but he's highly acclaimed within our guild), who beats me by 2-3 ilvls and I'm coming out ahead on most fights.... I realize that some of this is luck, and some is him not being exactly 1000% on top of his game, but the dps differential between the two is completely marginal at best. He beat me overall on Ko'Ragh (because I was ignoring adds, and being a bit too jew-y with my demonbolt intervals), but I had more actual boss HP damage. Brackenspore I played aff and did the flamethrowers, so my DPS was absolute shit. But other than that, we were so incredibly close that it didn't matter, with me generally edging him out ever so slightly.

I went berserk yesterday after an affli lock said i had to respec to affli because he did beat me on the first fight. Afterwards i topped him on every single other fight except twins. Granted I have about 9 ilvls on him..

I went berserk yesterday after an affli lock said i had to respec to affli because he did beat me on the first fight. Afterwards i topped him on every single other fight except twins. Granted I have about 9 ilvls on him..

Big-dicking one another is absolutely what we warlocks do best.

Haha! I agree. Lately i find joy in trying to climb as high on the dps meter as possible to be able to laugh at most of the people below me .

• Like 1

Haha! I agree. Lately i find joy in trying to climb as high on the dps meter as possible to be able to laugh at most of the people below me .

HAHA! I'm a shit DPS class, and I'm still kicking your sorry ass! 

- Every warlock main ever.

Agreed. We even made a channel just for our warlocks to talk shit in.

What fights are fights to be taking Cata>Demonbolt? I had just assumed that you go demonbolt every fight.

Bladefist if you do the upper arena, Twins, Tectus.. and I have a few pulls now using its on Mythic Brackenspore (flame thrower).  

Still testing that fight to see what works best.  Was having trouble building fury fast enough for a proper DB cycle with having to go do Moss....and getting a Cataclysm off on Boss+big add+1-3 Spore Shooters, when it crits for close to 300k (Just with DS, didnt get far enough into fight for trinkt to be back up) is amazing dmg.  That said, i've seen Demonbolts hit for almost 500k with the buff too.  Have to see if I can get my fury income up to try demon bolt, but may just stay with Cata since it looks to work well and lets me use ToC on adds like mind fungus to negate the slowed cast time.

Went demo on mythic twins last night, Our ret was like... where the hell is your damage coming from (as he hasnt seen our locks near the top all xpac apart from my decent ranking on Koragh)

Made me lol