FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

6.1 Demonology Guide

With Bloodlust and Shard's you'll get two ticks easy. 

I got 16 ticks in my last kill on the Motes and that's a fight that ended in 3 minutes 28. Fairly swift.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/yGFkwpXfx8CMqvZV/#fight=14&type=damage-done&source=1&target=139

Annoyingly I died right before I had a chance to cast a second Chaos Wave. Would have been another million damage mostly likely!

Ah, I'm used to hero not lasting for a lot of P3 since we use it at the end of P2. 

I do think Cataclysm for corruption is underestimated, though. There are times when the corruption is going to end up being a lot more useful than doom (guess I'm probably wrong in this case though). I might be wrong, but I think some people just assume that free doom on everything is always godlike, or that corruption is pure filler. Or maybe even that cata does more initial damage in meta.

Edited by Oldtrout

I had the same question about stone of fire, simcraft simulated it about the same dps as the other brf heroic trinkets with my current gear(675).

lTmHXwd.png

Have anybody done the sims, since they did nerf Stone of Fire and changed the stat bonus to versatility? I would really appreciate if you could do that cause Im not able to use PC in couple days and it would be nice to see how that affects to dps

Edit. rest of the text

Edited by Schutzhund

Ah, I'm used to hero not lasting for a lot of P3 since we use it at the end of P2. 

I do think Cataclysm for corruption is underestimated, though. There are times when the corruption is going to end up being a lot more useful than doom (guess I'm probably wrong in this case though). I might be wrong, but I think some people just assume that free doom on everything is always godlike, or that corruption is pure filler. Or maybe even that cata does more initial damage in meta.

I suspect the T17 4p will play a good role here.  For burst, AoE corruptions to chain proc Chaos Waves may be superior.

Hope everyone is enjoying getting their feet wet in BRF! 

I was wondering if someone could guide me a bit please on moderate to heavy movement fights? Namely I am thinking of Hans & Franz at the moment and there are probably others but I have only seen videos yet so do not really have an idea of how bad it is in reality. 

So is it a case of use ToC as needed or say use it sparingly to still save enough fury for say 2 or 3 DBs every minute?

Or perhaps do we even drop DB (shock horror) and do more of a traditional Demo? What about Affliction? Seems like no one is mentioning that now days. Yeah I know its ST and cleaving is behind usually but if you are running like a headless chicken is it better?

The Destro lock in my guild is so going to suffer this raid!

Edited by spikeysquad

For H&F you can really stand stationary for 90% of the encounter on the sections between belts.. Using a few ToC for movement was the difference between 3db and 4db... not to big of a deal.  With proper timed Fox's, a few life taps, and some corruption refreshing....ToC was limited in its need.

Hope everyone is enjoying getting their feet wet in BRF! 

I was wondering if someone could guide me a bit please on moderate to heavy movement fights? Namely I am thinking of Hans & Franz at the moment and there are probably others but I have only seen videos yet so do not really have an idea of how bad it is in reality. 

So is it a case of use ToC as needed or say use it sparingly to still save enough fury for say 2 or 3 DBs every minute?

Or perhaps do we even drop DB (shock horror) and do more of a traditional Demo? What about Affliction? Seems like no one is mentioning that now days. Yeah I know its ST and cleaving is behind usually but if you are running like a headless chicken is it better?

The Destro lock in my guild is so going to suffer this raid!

Hide in between the belts

move at the last second so you don't die

move right back

????

top the meters

Thank you both for the replies. The video I watched made it seem like you couldn't hide totally from the damage (mainly thinking of searing plates here) and had to run all over the place.

hello, am getting hard time from my guild for not playing demo atm, sorry in advance if i ask obvious things but am new to the spec and the more i read the less i seem to know what to do..

i often let myself get more than 850 fury - in such case should i only cast 4demonbolts and doom and then jump out of meta or use remaining fury in meta untill am at ~0?

my other question is about darksoul use (outside extra AD charge), if demonbolt debuff is 40 sec and DS cd 60 sec, do i wait with using darksoul for around 20 seconds each time so i can buff every other dump phase or should i use darksoul on cooldown (which means i will use it outside meta every other time but keep 100% available uptime)

...not sure if i made myself clear but it made sense on my napkin graph:P

@Noire
Burn all the fury if you are happened to have more than ~850

DS outside of Meta makes zero sense. Use it with DBs, not separately.

To wait or not to wait is a matter that we should discuss, however. Everyone has their own personal approach.
I always hold my fury for DS, for example. And there are people who don't.

@Noire

Burn all the fury if you are happened to have more than ~850

I would use that fury as a credit towards my next DB cycle.  As a rule the only time I would spend fury on anything outside of DB and doom is in a Multi Target situation where your fury income exceeds your DB cooldown.  Any reason you would burn it off?

I would use that fury as a credit towards my next DB cycle.  As a rule the only time I would spend fury on anything outside of DB and doom is in a Multi Target situation where your fury income exceeds your DB cooldown.  Any reason you would burn it off?

I burn it off so I keep my DS cooldown more inline with my DB cycle.

If I don't burn it I just go over cap for the next burn phase again, so what I do is any extra fury after 4 DB's I use soulfire with MC procs, and ToC until no more fury.  Also, the way the DB debuff works you run the risk of the debuff not being gone when you reach 850/800 again, and if you aren't paying attention, you just cast a 5 stack DB and lost a lot of damage.

Interesting.  Without 4p I am not sure how you are capping 1000 fury before your DB debuf falls.  I can't even do that with lust and Shards up...

I used the word cap, however I was just referring to that 850-1000 range.  I think what we can gather from all of this is that there is no perfect way of doing things in every situation. Sometimes it might be a good idea to burn extra fury, sometimes it might not be the best idea. Some people do it, some don't. Either way, the flexibility is what is confusing people. A lot of folks are so used to the mindset of 'give me a rotation/priority list and i'm good to go and will do awesome damage now.' It's not the case anymore with us, especially as Demo, where so many factors can affect your decision making. As a general rule of thumb in a single target situation, I am trying to not go far beyond 850 fury, as any fury not spent on DB is in theory a DPS loss.

Edited by Bombsauce

Interesting.  Without 4p I am not sure how you are capping 1000 fury before your DB debuf falls.  I can't even do that with lust and Shards up...

Happened all the time for me on Iron Maidens. Soo much fury on that fight. 

I "cap" fury quite often so I think it cannot be with only Lust and Shards and I do not have any tier pieces yet. How mush haste do you have Soulzar? I have 12.67% raid buffed so perhaps that is what makes it so. 

It might be a stupid question, but thought I'd throw it in here anyways because I'm curious.

Are the trinket sims up to date on all of the guides? I've been trying to figure out at what point is CC outclassed by the BRF trinkets? I play Demo / Destro and right now I have  HWFSoN and 3/3 Sandmans, but the guides still sim CC + GSR etc as the best combination. CC recently dropped in price on my server by a lot and was wondering whether it's still near BiS and worth picking up, or if Heroic BRF trinkets will outperform it pretty heavily (should be able to snag them if they drop in my group).

Thanks for the response, these forums have been great for improving my play in general through lurking :D

I am still a tiny bit uncertain on the opener.  I know it probably does not make a HUGE difference but I would like some feedback on more experienced Demo locks opener's.  I currently do:

pre-pot

pre-cast Soulfire

HoG

Corruption

Doomguard

ShadowBolt

HoG

Meta

Dark Soul

Doom

Demonbolt x 2

Fury Building Mode

Edited by Drafty53

Are you managing to 2 stack the HoG Drafty? This may change too depending on whether BL is right at the start as well. 

Edited by spikeysquad

So yes. That above opener works but it's verrry close to make sure you get the second stack unless bloodlust is used then it's fine. I should also note I am a troll and use berserking when I pop the doomguard.

Edited by Drafty53

How much of a dps lose is it to use Drain Life? should I be taken harvest life + Drain Life glyph for times when I might have to use drain life to stay alive?

Also on fight where Chaos Wave beats out of HoG, do we just do 2x CW back to back or do we do one, then use two spells then use a second one? Just did beastlord and I would use CW back to back right when packs of adds were to show up, but don't know if that correct way I should of done it. Or maybe should just used HoG instead?

Edited by Nytemare

Drafty, ok good you can stack the HoGs. I don't have a lot of experience but I would suggest taking a try/look at the opener in the guide. Doing DS slightly earlier means you get a buffed second HoG rather than just using it for Shadowbolts if you do not have enough Molten Core procs for the full DS once back in caster form (I don't always). Is this the way the best? I do not actually know but it makes sense to me though ultimately one change in say 6 minute fight will be inconsequential. Maybe it will be possible to buff more HoGs though during the fight.

If you need Drain Life to stay alive I kind of think the rest of your raid will be dead already Nytemare. I personally seem to be the least squishy person out there. 

Edited by spikeysquad