FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
simpetar

Mark of Sindragosa: how does it work?

The defensive part of Breath of Sindragosa reads as follows: "Mark of Sindragosa causes you to be healed for 10% of spell damage dealt by afflicted enemies."

Do these 10% apply to spell damage to you, or to everybody else as well? In raid environment, where you almost always have at least 10 people, this could make you virtually immune to many potentionally devastating boss abilities (such as Infesting Spores from Brackenspore or Firestorm from Flamebender). No matter how hard the ability hits, 10 * 10% = 100%, so it will heal its damage back up.

Or does it take only damage against you into account?

Does anybody have some insight into this? I am just wondering what defensive value Breath of Sindragosa has to offer (tank perspective). Its offensive value is still entirely different topic.

The healing is present, only it appears as if the source of the healing is the enemy.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/HRFt8GQXcDraYpw6#fight=12&type=healing&target=171&ability=155168

Ahh, then it appears to be based on damage dealt, ie. you get healed for 10% of the damage dealt by BoS.

It's certainly interesting how it plays out. Even though its becoming cheaper to use, I question its value for anyone. So for blood you basically want

Defile: For another def CD

Necrotic: For more rune power and ability to build bigger blood shield (personally like this one best myself :D)

I actually tried BoS yesterday on Flamebender fight (forgot to swtich talents back after clearing trash tongue.png ). It nicely synchronized with her Firestorm, they have around the same CD. Barely noticed the usually violent 0.5s ticks. Also it was not very hard to maintain BoS, because the rapid RP consumption also triggers regeneration talent and AMS provides some RP on its own. Definitely will hold BoS in higher regard now.

I actually tried BoS yesterday on Flamebender fight (forgot to swtich talents back after clearing trash tongue.png ). It nicely synchronized with her Firestorm, they have around the same CD. Barely noticed the usually violent 0.5s ticks. Also it was not very hard to maintain BoS, because the rapid RP consumption also triggers regeneration talent and AMS provides some RP on its own. Definitely will hold BoS in higher regard now.

Really glad you posted this. I was wondering if BoS had synergy with runic corruption. Will certainly look at this. I wonder though what happens with the lack of shadow of death. 

Shadow of Death was not gone completely, some of it stays - the buff lasts 20 seconds. When Firestorm came in, both dogs were already dead and Flamebender does not swing at you, so there was only 1 spell to counter.

I found the "hardest" thing to plan ahead and not to get surprised, i.e. pool RP before using BoS and preferably have few runes (close to) ready to be spent. I wanted to start with RP capped, to maintain BoS as long as possible - but that made me vulnerable few moments before that. If BoS ticks just 2 or 3 times, the CD is wasted.