Odinn

wow Should Mythic Raiding Be Flexible?

17 posts in this topic

11689-should-mythic-raiding-be-flexible.

When Blizzard announced their raid game restructuring for Warlords of Draenor at BlizzCon 2013, they made major adjustments to Raid Finder and the once-Normal, now-Heroic difficulty - introducing flexibility so that in LFR, Normal, and Heroic raiding, any number of players from 10 to 25 (later upped to 30) could get together and raid. The 'hardcore' difficulty, now referred to as Mythic, would be exclusively for a fixed group of 20 players. But should it be?

For some context, here is the original announcement after BlizzCon 2013. All of the old raid formats were being condensed into the new flexible paradigm, with the exception of Mythic:

PN7ZTE8EMVF71383582152086.png

Now with less, "Where's Johnny tonight, $*%?!"

Flexible raiding may be among one of the best additions ever brought to World of Warcraft. In an inherently social environment, being forced to bring people into your circle of friends to meet an arbitrary head count - or, worse, being forced to ask some of your friends to sit on the sidelines - was never enjoyable. It created most of the recruitment and retention headaches the game experienced in prior expansions.

Blizzard opted not to make Mythic flexible, however, saying this:

The only place where Flex scaling doesn’t quite suit our gameplay goals is the most extreme difficulty of raid content, where razor’s-edge tuning would be impossible to achieve while supporting incremental raid sizes for each additional player. Thus, we are introducing Mythic difficulty with a single, fixed 20-player size, which will offer the pinnacle of raiding for the best of the best and the highest-quality rewards and prestige.

Understandably, the caveat above is logical - given the balance that has to be struck between various raid group requirements (number of tanks, how much damage tanks do vs. a DPS class, number of healers, availability of buffs/cooldowns/etc.), it would absolutely be quite difficult to make the tuning flawless for a truly level playing field competitively.

The question that emerges, then, is this: Is the playing field being flawlessly even actually a worthwhile pursuit?

G5zfKxP.jpg

Method won this contest. You or I never had a chance.

Since the beginning of high end raiding in MMO's, guilds have used whatever advantages were available to them to be progressively more competitive - edging out their opposition using multiple raid instances, alt raids, putting in more hours, and finding every conceivable edge case on an encounter over hundreds of pulls. These players are already breaking the tuning balance by gaining advantages that don't exist for all but maybe a few hundred players in the world.

When flexible raiding was introduced, it was designed explicitly to cater to a more casual audience - somewhere between LFR (the 'watch the cutscenes' difficulty) and the then-Normal, now-Heroic difficulty (a 10- or 25-player difficulty that was reasonably challenging). Issues with flex scaling were identified early on, and solved ahead of the move to the WoD paradigm. In general, the mathematical principles of most abilities and the design of encounters has been updated to reflect the scaling requirements of flex.

When a raid group goes to do Mythic, they're already at the point of pulling out all of the stops. They're being forced to use a set number of players. If - for sake of argument - Mythic were flexible, and someone identified a clever breakpoint for a Mythic raid ("It's easiest with 17 people, guys!"), in what meaningful way would that be demonstrably different from the current situation? The 2-3% of players working on content of that difficulty level are not going to be negatively effected by the introduction of flexibility/scaling, and maybe it would open Mythic up to some of the 10-player Heroic raiders of years gone by.

pvp20141112.jpg

The PvP webcomic had a great take on flex raiding.

There are plenty of restrictions on Mythic raiding to keep it exclusive. It will (likely!) always have the additional raw numerical difficulty, the additional mechanics and execution requirements, the cross-realm restrictions, and so on. Making the difficulty flexible would just be a strong way for Blizzard to help keep guilds, groups, and the game healthy long-term, by eliminating one of the few places in which an unfortunate anti-social barrier to gameplay still exists.

So, to the two main points against flexible Mythic raiding:

1. It's too difficult to design difficult raid content that has a variable size. I disagree - Blizzard is managing just fine with LFR/Normal/Heroic, and I think it would translate well to Mythic. The concern that underpins this isn't that the content wouldn't be "difficult enough" on Mythic, but that guilds would be able to isolate a 'best' group size per encounter. That possibility does not, to me, seem any more significant in terms of ways to achieve progression than having alt raids or the ability to raid 30 hours a week.

2. Players will abuse scaling to find easier ways to beat encounters. There are a ton of solutions here - encounter design is already certainly attempting to account for this, and I have not seen or heard any meaningful examples of players attempting to play around head count in the other difficulty levels (which, presumably, would be just as present in Normal guilds trying to 'game' Heroic encounters beyond their ability as it would be with Heroic guilds working on Mythic, or whatever). Also, frankly, as has been said already - guilds at the top end are going to use every advantage they can get. Gating content behind raid size doesn't have any impact on those guilds; it limits accessibility to another audience.

Basically, go look at this Dark Legacy Comics entry from January. Most of what people remember from their decade with this game is the people they played it with, and they come back to play with their friends. If those people are good enough players of the game to mechanically enjoy Mythic content, but there are only 14 of them, what serious reason is there not to let them?

I have a dream - a dream that one day, all raiding will be flexible, and all raids will be judged not by the number of their characters, but by the ability of their players.

4 people like this

This is an excellent post and a conversation Blizzard really needs to invite the community into. Having been one of those "10-player Heroic raiders of years gone by", the transition to 20-player Mythic has been anything but smooth. You bring up a lot of points, and I would like to add a couple of things to it.

Firstly, when Mythic difficulty was first announced at Blizzcon, I specifically remember the devs (I believe it was Jeff Kaplan) talking about class balance and class stacking in raids. I also remember that one of the biggest arguments they made inf avor of Mythic being locked at 20 players was that 20-man was the minimum amount they felt they could design for to ensure that every raid would have one of each class. They then elaborated on this, seeming quite excited when they went on to say they could then have mechanics on Mythic fights that only certain abilities or classes would be able to counter or make use of. I have to admit, I got excited about this, and it was one of the main things I was looking forward to for Mythic difficulty. My mind started even thinking of possibilities: a fight where Summoning Portals can be used in combat and Warlocks have to summon a tank from a 'locked' position before they get squished by a boss mechanic? Perhaps an encounter where fires need to be lit by Shaman's Flame Shocks and then doused by Mage's Frostbolt's at specific times? The ability trees and class structures of WoW are literally rife with possibilities they could have implemented.

However, now, an entire Tier into this shiny, new difficulty and how many class-specific mechanics have we gotten? One. Priests using Dominate Mind on NPCs during the Blast Furnace encounter, to be specific. To make matters worse, this is actually a mechanic you can make use of on any difficulty, so it's validity as a class-specific Mythic mechanic is in dispute to begin with. To me, this seems to be a total slap in the face: we got no class-specific mechanics, we got no more class balance than we were already used to, and the hardest difficulty in the game just became the much more inaccessible - to players who should be able to access it.

Secondly, you made the point of players abusing scaling to make things easier. While this is true, take a look at how things currently work and ask yourself: is this any worse than the class-stacking/class-exclusion that has been rampant in this game since BC? No one wants a warrior or shadow priest right now, regardless of how many that might bring their group to for scaling issues. The downside just doesn't outweigh the upside. What I would like to see, more than Blizzard locking hard difficulties at one number of players is for them to take the initiative to kick these kinds of groups to the curb.

I know there are plenty of issues with what I am about to suggest, but what about class-limiting? If you try to enter a raid with 10 ppl total, and more than 3 of those are of the same class, you get an "Invalid Raid Composition" error when trying to zone in and are dumped back out, similar to the "Instance is Full" error. Bosses could have comp checks built in as well: say a boss is tuned at 10 players for 2 tanks, 2 healers, 2 melee DPS and 4 Ranged DPS, if you tried to pull with 2 tanks, 2 healers, 1 melee and 5 ranged, the boss would despawn and an "Invalid Raid Composition" system message would appear for all players. They already have the dungeon journal where they could list requirements for bosses.

I'm not saying there wouldn't be any flexibility, either. Bosses could be tuned for 2 Tanks, 2-3 healers, 2 melee and 3-4 ranged DPS for example. (Note: I also believe we are well past the time where melee DPS and Ranged DPS should count as the same role, but that's another topic entirely.) This would give certain teams that need more heals the flexibility to bring them, but it would also prevent other raid teams from cheesing the encounter by bringing 3 boomkins, 2 mages and a hunter on fights that may not be as melee-friendly as some people wish it were. It would also take the guess work out of "Do we have enough Y to handle X?" mechanics discussions that precede pulls each and every day. There could also be a "Test Mode" you could set raids to in order to buck these restrictions, but the logs taken during such attempts would be flagged as such and wouldn't be valid for the progression race. I guess it just disappoints me that Blizzard has complained for years about raids using class-stacking, got rid of big raid CDs in WoD to try to alleviate the problem, but still hasn't taken this simple view of it.

Bottom line, I believe there are ways Blizzard could force players be more flexible in their comps and to include classes that aren't as "safe" as others. Especially in the era of the "Bring the player, not the class" mentality. Assuming that mentality still exists on the dev team, I'm really surprised they haven't class-limited raids sooner. Either way, the un-flexibility of Mythic is definitely something that needs to be looked at and revised. In most cases, it was not and is not as easy for 10-man Heroic raiders to simply glue two teams or guilds together and assume schedules, attitudes, classes, roles, and voice chats will just line up.

Edited by ORCSMASH
2 people like this

I'd really like to see a flexible option for mythic raiding. We're currently just farming 10/10 HC in our guild, and can't stat mythic atm since we've had a lot of players who left in early 6.1, and it's hard to PUG 8-10 guys from our realm on raid nights, and we're trying to recruit but it's just hard and i'd pref to just go with the 12-15 people we've been raiding with since HM.

1 person likes this

Ok blizzard created these different difficulties for a reason, to separate players of different skill! And it's neat!

Back in TBC there was Sunwell, most of the players just ignored the raid, or atleast few of the last bosses and had nothing to do in the game for a while. But now there is a difficulty for anyone out there! From that kid that can hardly press the buttons to the genius that leads a big successful guild. If you can't find 19 other people to do Mythic maybe it's just not your thing! If you take the fixed 20 man from the mythic then there is nothing left of discipline or competition to get to the 20 man roster!

I mean we had this guild where people just randomly come online and you know if they were in the mood, they might come to the raid for the flex mode. So there were no competitions out there, No one tried to do better to get that spot in the roster because anytime they come online they got invited...

In my opinion these kind of guilds with no discipline and no commitment and with members that just don't want to dedicate 100% to the raid, just don't deserve it! They really don't deserve to kill Mythic bosses, so they MUST struggle finding a fix 20 man roster! They MUST have problem doing Mythic with PUG, I mean it's PUG for God's sake! If we would be able to do the most difficult bosses in this game with any amount of players with a pug group or even with a guild that members don't care if they come online for the raid or not, then I don't see a hard mode in this game!

Remember when the leader had to sort out the groups with different buffs? you know melee on group 1 to get the attack power buff, casters on group 2 to get the shaman totem and blood lust, omg you haven't invited a paladin!! what are we going to do without pala buff!! I mean it was so hard for the leader!!! where is the challenge right now? It has been taken from us! and yet you're trying to make it even easier to do the bosses? No I don't want that. I don't want the difficulty of the tactics or the spells, I don't want a video from icy veins where it says ok remember that boss in the last patch? well this spell is exactly the same with a new model!! huray!!! No I want to see a video where you say ok this one is tough for the leader or the one that calls the shots! I want to see a challenge as a leader, as a guild master, as an officer. Day after day we see more people with ZERO knowledge of the game creating groups for raid and unfortunately... they succeed... And sometimes they even ninja items. No I don't want this kind of leader, I want a sort of difficulty where you can realize a noob just by entering his group! And In my opinion Mythic is somehow providing this difficulty and changing it to flex is going to destroy the fun and challenge.

Edited by mnime

I 100% agree that mythic should be flex. The "challenge" should come from defeating the incredibly difficult bosses, not trying to find enough geared people to do it. My guild has a quite steady 20 man roster, but guess what? Real life happens. Sometimes people have to work late, or travel, or can't make it for other reasons. The other 18 or 19 of us shouldn't be forced to pug, or miss a night entirely over something like this.

Also if blizzard wants to see more classes played consistently they need to give a helping hand to those classes, not force more people to be needed in a raid group. It's the same thing with Moba's, the balance teams always look at the game as a whole rather than just admitting a hero or class is weak. Maybe there is a reason nobody wants a shadow priest...why would I take a shadow priest when I could have an arcane or fire Mage pull more dps at a lower ilvl? It's just common sense really.

TLDR: Mythic should be flex to accommodate real life situations.

It should be about your skill, not who you know.

If blizzard wants more classes to be viable they need to personally throw them a bone, not force a number restriction.

Amongst all the other stuff that Bliz have got right in WOD, Flex raiding and the scaling of the 4 difficulties of raids they have offered stand out.  Flex raiding as they have implemented it in WOD is IMO one of the best features that Bliz has delivered to us to date in the game.  It was a carrot that had a lot of us return to WOW and has lived up to it's promise of making raiding more flexible and from an organizational point of view more accessible to guilds.  Blizzard have also this expansion done really well providing Raid challenges to all levels of Players and Raiding guilds.  At one end we have the LFR theme park ride that means anyone so inclined can see what the content looks like, Normal is simple enough that raiding is accessible to any guild that wants to take it up, Heroic is challenging enough for satisfy the majority of Raiding Guilds and Mythic is lip smackingly difficult enough that it presents a challenge to the best raiders and raiding guilds.  Two thumbs up so far.

Where Blizzard has fumbled, though not dropped the ball is in marrying up the benefits that Flex raiding and Mythic content deliver.  I am tempted to play the worlds smallest violin for the Devs who say that balancing Mythic for Flex would just be too hard.  Clearly they need more Google meeting bikes to allow them to nut out how to do it.   If it really is a problem which the company is simply unwilling to spend the money on solving then they should spend the smaller amount of money and balance it for 10 man.  The dual options of 10 and 20 man raid sizes in Mythic wouldn't be as amazing as Flex Mythic but it would be soooo much better than only having 20man. 

Mythic needs to be a flex option - look at the number of guilds that have disbanded during mythic blackrock. Skill had nothing to do with it, only maintaining a roster, and its becoming harder and harder these days due to the fact that for some reason, EVERYONE must have their own guild.

I was looking at trade chat today and saw 7 guilds recruiting, trying to gain a mythic roster - each had roughly the same schedule, same loot rules, etc. So I asked in trade "Why not just combine your guilds into one and have your mythic+ roster?" And the reasons baffled me, and were contradictory to their proposed guild environment stated in their recruitment post.

But for the higher end guilds, lets take a look at Blood Legion. I quote the following from their home page:

http://www.bloodlegion.com/

"Now that the dust has settled a bit, I decided to take the time and write a news post to keep everyone in the loop.

Blood Legion has been around since the launch of WoW, and has always been at the top of the PvE scene. Since 2011, we've been pushing the envelope and putting in countless hours of preparation towards competing for World Firsts.

Over the years, many people of the guild have gotten married, some have had children, others have moved on to new jobs/schools, and all of the other things that life throws our way.

We have always had a very small roster when it comes to raiding, and when these life issues come into play, along with others having less of a desire to push the insane hours, number of alts, etc., it became very clear that we needed to cut back on the hours and change the direction of the guild.

Our part in the race to World First has ended. We may enter the fray once again down the road. Blood Legion has been an active guild and part of the Illidan community since day 1. We will continue to do so until the day they close down the server. Thank you to everyone who supported our quest to win. We appreciate every one of you. And to all former, present, and future Blood Legion members. May you always remember what this guild did for you and what you did for this guild.

Thanks Again.

-Riggs"

So times have changed, and even the most skilled of us cannot commit the insane hours anymore to push for the bleeding edge, yet there are so many skilled raiders out there that CAN do mythic, but cannot due to roster issues. THAT is a problem. I was raiding Full Time Mythic (ended 6/10 BRF Mythic) and people quit showing up due to real life issues. So to say that mythic isnt for players like myself due to external issues is insane mnime. Just look at how many US Guilds are full cleared 10/10 Mythic: out of 88 Full Clears, only 15 have full cleared. Overall hardcore progression compared to past expansions has dropped off immensely.

Blizzard could have simply made Normal/Heroic/Mythic all flex, and gated each raid behind full clear of its previous difficulty, just like in Wrath. This way, everyone can experience the raid difficulty they want, even if they have no intention to play mythic. This way, if they ever DID want to check out mythic, they wouldnt have to worry about roster concerns - they would be able to go in and check it out. Whats so wrong with that? This is a game that everyone should be able to enjoy no matter what, with 100% access to any content designed.

Hopefully next expansion (sooner preferred), we see all raid difficulty levels become flex. I will try to hold out hope.

Edited by Cavil
1 person likes this

The size itself is not likely the issue. Plenty of guild maintained rosters for 25m sizes. I would think the burnout would likely be due to the fact that Highmaul and Blackrock have been relatively difficult instances, but mostly due to the fact that any guild that wants to be competitive has to have nearly half a dozen alts that they can play at a high level in order to do split raids to maximize the benefit of the loot lockouts. I can't say what the solution to that is. I really like the flexible size and loot lockouts of normal and heroic, but the strain of leveling, gearing, and maintaining those alts is crazy.

Further, Mythic needs to NOT be flexible. No matter how well Blizzard tests, and tunes, and fixes, there will always be some raid size that makes a fight easier. Add this to class stacking, the variety of strats people can come up with, and all the rest and the difficulty of tuning every possible raid size from 10 to 30 would be a Herculean task. On top of that, it would be a waste of resources. Having a unified Mythic size allows the progression race to be on a slightly more even ground.

This is a game that everyone should be able to enjoy no matter what, with 100% access to any content designed.

This is the purpose of LFR. Even the most casual can see all of the content available. Mythic is for less casual players and yes, maintaining the roster is a challenge, but it is far from insurmountable.

This is the purpose of LFR. Even the most casual can see all of the content available. Mythic is for less casual players and yes, maintaining the roster is a challenge, but it is far from insurmountable.

I'm not sure that the access to the content that was mentioned, was about seeing it in LFR.

WoW is an old game. 10 years - people who started to play being 17-25 years old, now are 27-35. There are people who raided through all the expansions, like in my raid group - we have the same core raiders for almost 7 years.

We were doing all the actual HC raid content and we always had enough people to manage a 10-man. But now we were brutally cut from the Mythic content because we don't have 25 people for a steady 20-man progression. 30+ years old still want to raid and have the needed abilities, but it's extremely hard to have 20 people of this age coming to the raid 3 times a week because RL stuff happens - later hours at work, kid's ill, family duty... Some day we have 17 people in raid, another day - 22. So it's fine for HCs, but no Mythic for us even with all the desire and ability.

Yeah, I know: "Stop to whine, go recruit, go to LFR if you so busy, raiding is for young people" - I heard all of this.

But maybe there is a better solution for the problem that, let's admit, we have here.

I do think allowing Mythic to have a more limitted Flex system would be good without compromising the design philosophy behind it.  Something like17-22.  That way Blizz doesn't need to worry about mechanical, damage or loot breakpoints in Mythic as the raid numbers all fall in a much tighter range. It simply adjusts boss hp so falling short or high does bone a raid.

I'm not sure that the access to the content that was mentioned, was about seeing it in LFR.

Yeah, I know: "Stop to whine, go recruit, go to LFR if you so busy, raiding is for young people" - I heard all of this.

But maybe there is a better solution for the problem that, let's admit, we have here.

The "Recruit more" response has never been terribly compelling to me.  If you're not a top 100 guild you're going to struggle with getting the 20 for Mythic.  God forbid you fall below the top 300 and you might as well take a buck shot approach to recruiting.  It's a sad consequence of guilds that like progression but don't compete at the highest level for kills.  It' exponentially harder to find solid, stable recruits as the best of them often seek a higher ranking guild.  Thus your quality of recruits snowballs.

My guild would consider Mythic as well.  We have the same issue.  ~12 Core raiders that have been around since early BC and ~10 more infrequent raiders.  Hitting the requisite 20 is hard for us.  And that's not counting the mechanics skill issue of having ~5 of the raiders taking several times longer to get down boss mechanics.  Yes, that part's our problem as we don't consider ourselves competitive and min/max oriented enough to bench the slower ones.  But removing the hard 20 would go a long ways to removing at least 1 big hurdle in raiding Mythic for a guild around our level.  

I'm not 100% sure with this one. I'm probably totally the opposite to you synkronized

I've always raided 10 man and the flexible raids have been great for us.  Raid flexibility helps with trials, bringing in those that would have been standbys etc and as a whole it's been positive.  We are 8/10 hc now (had about 10-15 pulls on Blast Furnace hc so far) and although progress hasnt stalled - I can see Blackhand heroic being really difficult for us.  The only "problem" I've had from flexible raiding is for the players who are borderline in terms of availability.  In previous expansions weve always had 10 players confirmed and sometimes had to put these borderline players on standby.  Now the group is flexible I'm forever getting /w "can I come?" etc and as a casual guild its pretty tough to manage the groups now.  Weve taken a lot of players who shouldnt have been in the progress group early on as (because I'm weak and struggle to say no).  Having a strict 20 man setup when we finally have enough players to do it will help me get back to "sorry you cant come youre not in our top 20 players".

I'd quite like to push into some early mythic bosses from Highmaul etc just to keep our guys motivated, but like a large number of guilds out there we are anywhere between 10-15, possibly 18 if everyone turns up.  Would I like to go with what I have without having to recruit? I'm not sure.

Back in TBC I was just starting out and I managed to clear Karazhan.  I never dreamed of going to BT / Sunwell as I wasnt good enough.  I didnt expect any scraps from the table and although I love Warcraft III and Illidan I think if LFR was available then it would have devalued it for me.  Hearing from a friend who had progressed on him and watching some videos on youtube was enough for me.  I understand that LFR has its place and thats a totally different discussion - but I actually LIKE having something be difficult.  Even if the difficulty is creating a worthwhile group.

Yeah it sucks for a lot of guilds like ours who are 15 on a average raid night, but I still love the fact that something still needs to be worked for.  A lot may argue that there shouldnt be a "recruitment boss" but the fact there are still some barriers to the end end content is good.  

So for us - we are pushing recruitment / considering co-ops with guilds on our server and a few other things.  Is it a pain? Yup!  But I think it's great that we have something to work for.  We are pushing the boundaries a bit and for me as GM / raid leader - its a new challenge all in itself.

A lot may argue that there shouldnt be a "recruitment boss" but the fact there are still some barriers to the end end content is good.  

I would argue here. In my opinion, the barriers in raiding should be about your play skill and ability / willing to put an effort to achieve a goal.

It shouldn't be about a server you are playing at (low or high populated), it shouldn't be about the age of raiders ( this team has 23 students who now are on 2-month summer vacation, while that team has 26 work people but 7 of them are at the work meeting in Ohio this week). 

I extremely simplified it, but there is a big difference of not being able to raid due to RL and having some RL issue once or twice a month.

10-man teams were able to manage 13-15 people in roster to cover for unsigns, but for a stable 20-man team during a whole tier you need around 27 people which is insane for the most of non-top guilds (25-27 people who are able to raid on the Mythic difficulty). Having a possibility for a flexible 18-22 Mythic may severely reduce the required number and bring many teams back to the high-end content.

This current 'recruitment' challenge has nothing to do with the game and raiding and brings a 'luck' to the wrong place.

I know that there were many guilds in US that were raiding 25-man, less in EU, but (!) if you had a problem finding 25 people, you could raid the same HC difficulty with 10. Now you can't.

We don't have any official Blizzard competition for high-end raiding, so I don't see any specific reason to stop on 20 people except of "Well, we have to chose some number and tune the encounters for it". But as we can see right now, flexible raids work pretty good, so... Why not to make the next step?

Yup agree with a lot that you've said Pandacho - but play skill and ability is what holds back a lot of raid teams from growing.

We have a lot of people wanting to raid probably 30+ but none are good enough for mythic raiding.

You do have a point with the whole 25 / 10 raiding but that itself wasn't perfect and had a lot of problems.

I'll probably come back in a few months with my tail between my legs QQ'ing that we can't raid mythic due to group size :P

I think Mythic should drop to 15 people and not be flexible. I hated the 10 vs 25 arguments and you cannot dispute that certain flexible bosses end up easier depending on raid size.

Mythic is competitive and it needs to remain on an even playing field.

How about blizz unlocks flexible mythic after world first? Or 8 weeks after raid is released...somthing like that.

Surely that satisfies everyone? (apart from blizz who have to do some extra work....)

TBH, I hate the fact that the highest difficulty of the game is basically exclusive to a small percentage of players. Bring back 10 man heroic/mythic I say.

Completely flexible?  No, there should be one or two set raid sizes.  You have to realize that tuning an encounter for one size is much easier than tuning it for a multitude of sizes (Gruul's Inferno Slice at the beginning of BRF was punishing small groups since they had less people to soak each hit, for example).  

Is 20 the correct size?  Well, maybe.  Yes it's hard for a small guild to go from 12-16 people to the 20 needed for mythic.  Recruitment can be very tight for these smaller guild, and they might have to end up settling for lower geared players than they'd like and having to gear them up, loosing weeks possibly of mythic progression.  And for guilds that were sitting at 25-28 from 25H, then it means that a few more people have to be benched, which can lead to drama over who is sitting and why.  Not everyone will be willing to sit out when necessary.  My guild currently has 27 people (if everyone is on and free of RL complications) that are Mythic ready, so we are constantly rotating through our bench trying to find a roster that works for each Mythic boss.  Dropping the Mythic size to 15 could potentially do terrible things to us, as all of a sudden we'd have 12 people on the bench instead of 7, almost enough to start another Mythic group on their own, and certainly enough for them to be doing a separate Heroic clear for trials and lower geared people to get them up to the point where they are ready for Mythic.

You are all talking a lot about a very simple matter that is not worth it. There are a lot of people who play wow and do not have the time to raid many hours per week. Those people PAY blizzard money and still want to enjoy the game. These same people cannot organize 20man raids because it is SIMPLY impossible to get together 20 people with busy lives in the same day. I can assure you that the 10man raids bring more money to blizzard for it includes all those people like me who cannot play more than once a week or twice. These people are skilled and very good players and can outplay any wow geek that spends more than 30 hours per week playing wow, wiping endless times, getting lost in the game forgotten from their real lives.

So if blizzard RESPECTS people who pay money they should understand that there is no excuse from setting the top gear raids to 20man and blocking access these people just because of organising issues. I play football every week and it is already difficult to find 11 players. 20 for wow? a video game? come on blizzard :) 

So blizzard listen to me carefully. I play wow since 2004. I am a classic gamer from the 80s. I have played almost every single game that came out since 1980. You had raids on 40 man which was ridiculous. Then you made it 25 man and it started to look better but still pointless. Then you made it 10man and we all could compete without being nerds or geeks. So take my advice. Keep it 10man or at most make it 15. But anything bigger than that its just stupid. And for the record that is a reason i stop playing in the last expansion.

The rest is just excuses and don't even bother analysing it. Proving grounds is super difficult and it includes 1 person.

Also for the people who love REAL ROLE PLAYING GAMES just a short notice. The best game ever created by gary gygax "dungeons and dragons" on which warcraft is based 100% it always includes average 4 heroes. 4 legendary heroes are needed always. Not more. But even 10 is ok. Anything more is just a stupid fiesta.

thanks and lets hope legion brings sanity to blizzard.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Stan
      Mythic Nighthold opens along with the first wing of LFR today and the world first race starts! Lunar Festival is celebrated until February 4. Earn extra honor with the Battleground Bonus Event and don't forget to kill The Soultakers for loot!
      Mythic Nighthold & LFR Wing 1 Open
      The first wing of LFR and Mythic difficulty opens this week. Mythic race for world firsts begins today and we'll bring you separate updates on the progress. Tier 19 Mythic sets look better than sets dropping on lower difficulties. We've previewed them here. The weekly Nighthold quest is The Nighthold: Wailing In The Night. More information about Nighthold can be found in our detailed Nighthold Survival Guide. World Boss The Soultakers
      Captain Hring, Soultrapper Mevra & Reaver Jdorn are up this week. Search for the The Soultakers world quest in Stormheim. If you've been killing Legion World Bosses since Legion launch, you should have already unlocked the Artifact appearance via Unleashed Monstrosities. The base appearance can finally be unlocked (Improving on History) now that Nighthold is open.
      World Boss Loot Tables
      Barnacled Mistcaller Orb Cord of Kept Souls Hel-Cursed Belt Helchain Waistguard Sea-Reaver's Girdle Soultrapper's Pendant Thrice-Accursed Compass Battleground Bonus Event (January 24 - 31)
      Sign of Battle increases Honor gains from battleground objectives and wins by 50%. Don't forget to pick the quest A Call to Battle from Archmage Timear or from within the Adventure Journal. Winning four battleground matches rewards Badge of Honor 5 Mark of Honor Glory of the Melee Stranglethorn Fishing Extravaganza
      Is back and available as a world quest every Sunday at 2 p.m. PST. More on what has changed can be read here. Lunar Festival (January 21 - February 4)
      Our detailed guide can be found here. Mythic+ Affixes (US)
      Teeming // Skittish // Fortified
      Mythic+ Affixes (EU)
      Raging // Necrotic // Fortified (TBA on Jan 25)
    • By Stan
      Official Patch Notes for Patch 7.1.5.
      Patch 7.1.5 goes live tomorrow and here are the full patch notes including all class changes and features of the patch.
      Blizzard Entertainment
      Table of Contents (with links):
      New Bonus Event - MoP Timewalking
      Brawler's Guild Returns!
      New Micro-Holidays
      Artifact Knowledge and Class Hall Updates
      Find Premade Groups from the Quest Tracker
      Legion Companion App
      New Legendary Items
      Professions

Class Changes:
      Death Knight
      Demon Hunter
      Druid
      Hunter
      Mage
      Monk
      Paladin
      Priest
      Rogue
      Shaman
      Warlock
      Warrior

Legendary Item Adjustments
      PvP
      PvP Class Adjustments
      Quests
      New Features
       New Bonus Event - Mists of Pandaria Timewalking
      For players at level 91 and higher, a new Bonus Event every few weeks.
      Dungeons:
      Temple of the Jade Serpent Stormstout Brewery Shado-Pan Monastery Mogu’shan Palace Siege of Niuzao Temple Gate of the Setting Sun New Timewalking Vendor on Timeless Isle, offering:
      Reins of the Heavenly Jade Cloud Serpent (Yu'lei, Daughter of Jade mount) 2 new pets—Infinite Hatchling (dragonkin) and Paradox Spirit (aquatic) Reputation Tokens for all major Pandaria factions and friendship items 2 new Toys—Adopted Puppy Crate and Portable Yak Wash Chilled Satchel of Vegetables, to help chefs who've missed out on Pandaren cuisine Updated equipment selections from Pandaria factions  Brawler’s Guild Returns!
      After a quick break to mend some wounds and broken bones, everyone’s favorite fighting series is back. A new set of challenging encounters are coming to town, and it’s up to you to muscle your way past them for glory and prizes.
      New solo boss fights:
      Ogrewatch Master Paku Ash’katzuum a Seagull Ray D. Tear Johnny Awesome Burnstachio Stitches And many more! Rewards:
      The Brawler's Burly Basilisk mount Pugilist's Powerful Punching Ring // Pugilist's Powerful Punching Ring (transports you to Brawl’gar or Bizmo’s) New shirts and Achievements Tylarr Gronnden (new battle pet) Invites to the Brawler’s Guild have been reset. Please look for a Blood-Soaked Invitation when opening emissary bags or completing dungeons. If you just can’t wait to get your invitation, you might want to fight the elite vrykul of Shield’s Rest in Stormheim, who know a thing or two about brawling.
       New Micro-Holidays
      Many special days of the year are coming to Azeroth. Prepare to join everyone as, for one to three days, players celebrate unique occurrences such as the Hatching of the Hippogryphs, Spring Balloon Festival, and the Thousand Boat Bash.
      Updated Features
       Artifact Knowledge and Class Hall Updates
      New Bind-on-Account items are available from the Artifact Researcher in your Class Order Hall. These items can be sent to alternate characters to immediately get them to higher Artifact Knowledge levels.
      For new players just reaching 110, there is a new set of repeatable quests that will allow you to immediately exchange Order Hall Resources for Artifact Knowledge up to Artifact Knowledge level 15.
      The time it takes to complete Class Hall research has been reduced. A shorter time to complete Class Hall research for Tiers 3, 4, 5, and 6 will make it easier to upgrade your Class Halls on alts and new characters.
       Find Premade Groups from the Quest Tracker
      When you’re looking for players that are doing the same World Quest, you can now easily search for groups in the Quest Tracker. For group quests, a small button will appear next to the quest name. For all other quests, right click the quest name and then click “Find Group.” This will automatically launch a search for groups of players who are doing that quest. If none are found, you can start a group with one click – all the details will be filled in for you.
      More Group Finder updates:
      A new option allows you to make groups only visible to friends and guildmates of people in the group. When searching for groups, groups who need your role (based on your active specialization) are sorted to the top of the list. You will receive a more descriptive message when you are declined when attempting to join a group that is full.  Legion Companion App
      The Legion Companion App has been updated to support World of Warcraft Patch 7.1.5, including bug fixes and functionality improvements.
       New Legendary Items
      Many new and wondrous Legendary items are now to be found in the Broken Isles. The hunt is on for new Legendaries for every class!
      You can found more details in our Legendary Item Preview that covers both new Legendary items as well as changes to existing ones.
       Professions
      Many 3-star recipes have had their drop rates increased. Alchemy
      The recipe to create Potion of Prolonged Power now creates 10 potions (was 20). Enchanting
      Four new neck enchants have been added. All four enchants have 3 ranks: Rank 1 recipes can be purchased from a vendor in the Farondis Hub. Rank 2 recipes are found on creatures in specific Broken Isles zones (except Suramar), as long as you know the rank 1 recipe. Rank 3 recipes are found in emissary chests for those zones, at a 20% chance.  The rank 3 recipe requires knowledge of the rank 1 or 2 recipe. Mark of the Ancient Priestess now heals for 400% of spell power. Mark of the Claw now gives 1000 haste and Critical Strike (was 550 at level 110). Mark of the Trained Soldier gives 600 Mastery (was 300). Mark of the Hidden Satyr damage is now 200% spell power or 250% attack power, whichever is higher. Engineering
      A new quest has been added which rewards and unlocks a new shoulder enchant for Engineers: Boon of the Builder. Boon of the Builder can be purchased from Hobart Grapplehammer after this quest is completed. Boon of the Builder rewardsSprocket Containers from kills in the world, about once an hour.  These can contain guns/gun parts, engineering consumables, new goggle recipes, and a special new reagent called Hardened Felglass, used for goggles (see below). Added a new quest at level 110 for that rewards the recipe for a Rechargeable Reaves Battery.  This item can be used once every 30 minutes and does not have charges. Four new goggles have been added, with a base item level of 880. Damage from the click effect for all Legion goggles is now similar to the damage from Gunpowder Charge, with a shared cooldown. The damage for Head Shot has been increased substantially.  Inscription
      All Vantus Runes have had their benefit increased from 1000 Versatility to 1500 Versatility. The material cost of all Vantus Rune recipes has been reduced by half. Jewelcrafting
      There are six new world quests in Dalaran titled “Gemcutter Needed”. That means you, probably. Changes
       Classes
       Death Knight
      Blood Blood Tap recharge time reduction perBone Shield charge consumed increased to 2 seconds (was 1 second). Bloodworms’ healing per bloodworm increased to 15% of max HP (was 5%). Blooddrinker total health leech increased by 130%. Bonestorm heal increased to 2% (was 1%). Gorefiend's Grasp cooldown now 2 minutes (was 3 minutes). Heartbreaker bonus Runic Power per target hit reduced to 2 (was 3). March of the Damned duration bonus increased to 100% (was 50%). Mark of Blood heal increased to 3% (was 2%). Purgatory cooldown now 4 minutes (was 3 minutes). This cooldown resets on death. Purgatory now always lasts 3 seconds after it activates, even if you briefly go into positive health. Rapid Decomposition now causes Death and Decay to deal damage 15% more often (was 50%), and Runic Power generation changed to 1 per second (was 15% more). Rune Tap damage reduction increased to 40% (was 25%). Tightening Grasp cooldown reduction to Gorefiend's Grasp is now 30 seconds (was 60 seconds). Tombstone consumes a maximum of 5 stacks of Bone Shield, and now provides 6 Runic Power and absorb damage equal to 6% of your maximum health (was 3 Runic Power and 3% of health). Vampiric Blood now increases incoming absorbs as well as heals. Will of the Necropolis damage reduction increased to 35% (was 20%). Frost Abomination's Might chance increased to 20% (was 10%). Breath of Sindragosa damage increased by 64%. Freezing Fog damage bonus increased to 30% (was 25%). Gathering Storm damage increased per stack increased to 15% (was 10%). Horn of Winter runic power gain increased to 20 (was 10). Hungering Rune Weapon duration increased to 15 seconds (was 12 seconds). Murderous Efficiency chance increased to 65% (was 50%). Volatile Shielding damage school changed from Arcane to Shadow. White Walker damage reduction increased to 30% (was 20%), and slow efffect increased to 70% (was 50%). Unholy The damage done by many Unholy spells has been increased by 6%. All Will Serve damage increased by 15%. Army of the Dead and Apocalypse ghouls damage has been increased. Blighted Rune Weapon number of auto attacks affected increased to 5 (was 4). Clawing Shadows damage increased by 20%. Dark Arbiter cooldown reduced to 2 minutes (was 3 minutes). Defile damage increased by 20%, and Mastery per stack increased to 300 (was 200). Ebon Fever now also causes Virulent Plague to deal 20% more damage over time. Necrosis damage bonus increased to 40% (was 35%). Pestilent Pustules triggers every 8 runes (was 6). Portal to the Underworld damage increased by 33%. Runic Corruption now has a 1% chance to proc per Runic Power spent (was a 1.25% chance). Unholy Frenzy duration increased to 2.5 seconds (was 2 seconds), and the cap on extending it increased to 25 seconds (was 10 seconds). Buff now cancels on encounter start.  Demon Hunter
      Havoc The damage done by most Havoc spells has been increased by 10%. Annihilation and Chaos Strike damage have been slightly increased. Blind Fury now restores 35 Fury per second while channeling Eye Beam, in addition to increasing the duration. Chaos Cleave now hits all nearby enemies, including the original target, for 10% of the damage it inflicts. Demon Blades proc chance reduced to 60% (was 75%). Demonic Appetite now has a 25% chance to create a Lesser Soul Fragment with no cooldown (was a 50% chance, 15 second cooldown). Consuming a Soul Fragment generates 35 Fury (was 30). Lesser Soul Fragments now spawn to the left or right of the Demon Hunter. Demonic now lasts 8 seconds (was 5 seconds). Desperate Instincts no longer replaces Blur, and now increases the damage reduction effect by an additional 15%. Fel Barrage damage increased by 20%. Fel Eruption damage increased by 30%, cooldown reduced to 30 seconds (was 35 seconds), and the Fury cost has been reduced to 10 (was 20). Felblade's cooldown resets 50% more often from Demon's Bite. First Blood bonus damage increased to 300% (was 200%). Mastery: Demonic Presence adds 1.4% damage/point (was 1%). Nemesis damage bonus increased to 25%. Netherwalk no longer replaces Blur. Cooldown increased to 2 minutes (was 1.5 minutes). Soul Rending leech reduced to 70% (was 100%). Vengeance The damage done by most Vengeance spells has been increased by 9%. Abyssal Strike now reduces the cooldown of Infernal Strike by 8 seconds (was 5 seconds). Agonizing Flames increases the damage of Immolation Aura by 20% (was 30%). Blade Turning increases the Pain generation of Shear and Severby 70% (was 50%). Burning Alive’s Fiery Brand will now continue spreading from any target that has it, even if the initial primary target dies. Demon Spikes now reduces physical damage by 10% (was 20%). Demonic Wards now increases Stamina by 55% (was 45%). Demonic Wards now reduces all damage taken by 10% (was only magic damage). Fel Devastation has moved to the level 110 talent row. Fracture now costs 20 Pain (was 40 Pain). Last Resort cooldown now 8 minutes (was 3 minutes). This cooldown resets on death. Metamorphosis now also increases armor by 100%. Metamorphosis overrides Shear with Sever, which deals 20% more damage than Shear and always creates a Lesser Soul Fragment. Nether Bond has been removed. New talent at level 108: Demonic Infusion Draw from the power of the Twisting Nether to instantly activate and then refill your charges of Demon Spikes. Generates 60 Pain. Instant cast, with a 2 minute cooldown. Razor Spikes increases your Physical damage by 30% while Demon Spikes is active (was 20%). Sigil of Chains cooldown now 90 seconds (was 60 seconds). Soul Barrier now: Costs 10 Pain (was 30 Pain). 30 second cooldown (was 20 seconds). Base absorb (before fragments) and minimum absorb both increased by 50%. Spirit Bomb now deals Fire damage (was Shadow). Spirit Bomb’s Frailty now lasts 20 seconds (was 15 seconds), and heals the Demon Hunter for 20% of damage they deal to the target (was 15%).  Druid
      Displacer Beast speed increase duration now 2 seconds (was 4 seconds). Mass Entanglement duration now 30 seconds (was 20 seconds). Renewal cooldown reduced to 90 seconds (was 120 seconds). Balance The damage done by most Balance spells has been increased by 4%. Echoing Stars (Artifact Trait) damage increased by 20%. Rapid Innervation now gives 10% haste (was 20%). Stellar Drift  increases Starfall damage by 60% (was 20%). Feral The damage done by most Feral abilities has been increased by 8%. Infected Wounds now reduces movement speed by 30% (was 50%). Maim damage increased by 75%. Moment of Clarity now increases damage of affected spells by 15%. Moment of Clarity now only affects Shred, Thrash, and Swipe. Razor Fangs now increase the damage dealt by Rip by 4% per point (was 7%). Guardian The damage done by several Guardian spells has been increased by 4%. Bear Form auto-attacks now generate 7 Rage (was 7.875 Rage). Ironfur now provides an 80% increase in armor (was 100%). Galactic Guardian now generates 8 Rage (was 10). Gory Fur now reduces Rage cost by 25% (was 50%). Mangle now generates 5 Rage (was 6). Pulverize now deals 850% physical damage (was 567%). Pulverize now reduces damage taken by 9% (was 8%). New talent for Guardian at level 30, replacing Displacer Beast: Intimidating Roar. Replaces Incapacitating Roar with a version that now fears rather than incapacitates. Restoration Moment of Clarity no longer increases maximum Energy. Moment of Clarity now increases healing of affected spells by 15%. Power of the Archdruid radius increased to 20 yards (was 15 yards).  Hunter
      Barrage no longer requires a target, and no longer deals extra damage to one target. Beast Mastery The damage of several Beast Mastery spells has been increased by 9%. Aspect of the Beast ferocity damage increased by 100% and tenacity damage reduction increased from 15% to 30%. Barrage damage increased by 80% for Beast Mastery only. Big Game Hunter critical strike chance bonus increased to 60% (was 50%). Blink Strikes damage bonus increased to 100% (was 50%). Chimaera Shot damage increased by 60%. Dire Frenzy cooldown reduced to 12 seconds (was 15 seconds). Farstrider chance increased to 15% (was 10%). Hati base movement speed increased by 14% in all forms. One with the Pack chance bonus increased to 30% (was 15%). Stampede damage increased by 15%. Volley damage increased by 50% for Beast Mastery only. Way of the Cobra damage bonus increased to 10% (was 8%). Marksmanship Aimed Shot now damages for 275% of weapon damage (was 204%). Aimed Shot now deals 100% increased damage against targets you have not yet attacked. Arcane Shot now damages for 200% of weapon damage (was 130%). Bursting Shot damage increased by 50%. Explosive Shot now costs 20 Focus (was 0). Marked Shot damage increased to 550% (was 250%) Multi-Shot damage increased to 100% (was 66%). Patient Sniper now causes the bonus provided by your Vulnerable to increase by 10% every 1 second. Piercing Shot damage decreased to 500% (was 675%). Piercing Shot is now affected by Vulnerable. Sentinel now has a 60 second cooldown, spawns a Sentinel that marks all targets immediately and every 6 seconds for 18 seconds. Sidewinders now generates 35 Focus (was 50). Vulnerable no longer affects Marked Shot. Vulnerable now has a 7 second duration, provides a 100% bonus to damage, and does not stack. Survival The damage done by many Survival spells has been increased by 12%. New passive ability at level 44: Waylay. After 2 seconds, your Traps become fully armed, making them especially devastating. Freezing Trap will not break due to damage for the first 4 seconds. Tar Trap reduces enemies' movement speed by 70% for the first 4 seconds. Explosive Trap staggers the target, causing them to miss their next melee attack. Steel Trap deals 500% increased damage if triggered by an enemy that is not in combat. Improved Traps replaced with Guerrilla Tactics, increasing Explosive Trap damage by 50% and additionally improving Waylay's bonuses to: Freezing Trap will not break due to damage for the first 6 seconds. Tar Trap reduces enemies' movement speed by 90% for the first 4 seconds. Explosive Trap causes the target to miss their next two melee attacks. Butchery damage increased to 620% (was 518%) and recharge is now 12 seconds (was 15 seconds). Caltrops damage increased to 50% (was 25%). Farstrider talent replaced with Disengage. Lacerate no longer has a cooldown. Serpent Sting damage increased to 115% (was 87%). Snake Hunter cooldown is now 120 seconds (was 90 seconds) Spitting Cobra damage increased to 100% (was 20%). Sticky Bomb cooldown is now 25 seconds (was 30 seconds) and delay 2 seconds (was 3 seconds)  Mage
      Rune of Power damage bonus is now 40% (was 50%). Arcane The damage done by many Arcane spells has been increased by 12%. Mage Armor removed. Mana Shield trait renamed Force Barrier: Increases Prismatic Barrier size by 20/40/60%. Overpowered now increases Arcane Power's damage bonus and mana reduction to 70%. Presence of Mind is now available at level 30, and is no longer a talent. Unstable Magic activate chance is now 20% (was 15%). New talent at level 15: Amplification Arcane Charges increase the damage of Arcane Missiles by an additional 15%. New spell at level 26, replacing Ice Barrier: Prismatic Barrier Shields you for 1 minute, absorbing damage, reducing magical damage taken, and reducing the duration of all harmful Magic effects against you. New talent at level 30: Mana Shield. Prismatic Barrier has no cooldown, but drains your mana for 50% of the damage it absorbs. New talent at level 30: Slipstream. Arcane Missiles and Evocation can be channeled while moving. New talent at level 75: Chrono Shift Arcane Barrage slows enemies by 50%, increases your speed by 50%, and has a duration of 5 seconds. New talent at level 100, replacing Quickening: Temporal Flux Arcane Blast’s cast time is reduced by 5% for each Arcane Charge. Fire The damage done by most Fire spells has been increased by 27%. Aftershocks damage increased to 39% (was 34.5%). Cauterize cooldown is now 5 minutes (was 2 minutes). This cooldown resets on death. Cauterize is now available at level 52. Controlled Burn chance is now 20% (was 10%). Critical Mass now learned at level 10 and gives a +15% chance to critically strike with spells. At level 65, also increases Critical Strike rating from gear by 10%. Firestarter now causes both Fireball and Pyroblast to deal a critical strike when the target is above 90% health (was 85%). Flame On is now passive, reduces Fire Blast recharge by 2 seconds, and increases its maximum charges by 1. Flame On reduces Fire Blast recharge by 2 seconds (was 3 seconds). Molten Armor removed. New spell for Fire Mage at level 26: Blazing Barrier Absorbs the next 700% of spell power damage you take. Melee attacks against you deal 50% of spell power damage to the attacker. 30 second cooldown. Molten Skin trait now causes Blazing Barrier to reduce physical damage taken by 5/10/15%. New talent available at level 30: Blazing Soul Dealing Fire damage to targets within 8 yards of you refills your Blazing Barrier for 40% of the damage dealt. Pyretic Incantation increases damage by 2%/stack (was 5%). Frost The damage done by many Frost spells has been increased by 12%. New talent available at level 30: Glacial Insulation. Ice Barrier increases your armor by 100% while active, and Ice Block applies Ice Barrier to you when it fades. Cold Snap is now learned at level 52, and has been redesigned: Finishes the cooldown of your Frost Nova, Cone of Cold, Ice Barrier, and Ice Block, with a 5-minute cooldown. New talent available at level 75: Frigid Winds. Your chilling effects snare enemies by an additional 15%. At level 63, Blizzard (Rank 2) now causes the cooldown of Frozen Orb to be reduced by 0.5 seconds each time Blizzard does damage. Blizzard no longer activates Fingers of Frost. Chain Reaction now increases the damage of Ice Lance by 10%/stack (was 20%). Frost Armor has been removed. Frozen Touch is now passive, and increases Fingers of Frost proc chance by 40%. Ice Barrier causes melee attacks against you to snare the attacker by 50%. Ice Barrier is now learned by Frost Mage only at level 50. Ice Block’s cooldown is now 4 minutes (was 5 minutes). Ice Floes is now available at level 30. Shield of Alodi trait increases Ice Barrier size by 20/40/60% (was 33/66/100%).  Monk
      Dampen Harm now reduces all damage you take by 20% to 50% for 10 seconds, based on the size of the attack, with a 2 minute cooldown. Ring of Peace now forms a Ring of Peace at the target location for 8 seconds. Enemies that enter will be ejected from the ring. Brewmaster The damage done by most Brewmaster abilities has been increased by 9%. Breath of Fire range and width have been increased. Gift of the Mists’ maximum bonus is now 75% (was 60%). New talent: Mystic Vitality Stagger is now 40% more effective against magical attacks. Elusive Dance now grants up to 20% dodge and damage (was 15%). Crackling Jade Lightning damage increased by 100%. Mistweaver Mistweaver Mastery: Gust of Mists increased to 13 of spell power per point of Mastery (was 10%). Gust of Mists healing increased by 30%. Rising Sun Kick mana cost is now 2% of base mana (was 2.25%). Song of Chi-Ji cooldown reduced to 15 seconds (was 30 seconds). Diffuse Magic cooldown is now 90 seconds (was 120 seconds). Zen Pulse damage and healing increased to 220% of spell power (was 200%). Mistwalk healing increased to 420% of spell power (was 350%). Windwalker The damage done by several Windwalker abilities has been increased by 8%. Rushing Jade Wind now applies Mark of the Crane to up to 5 targets. At level 60, Dizzying Kicks has been replaced with Summon Black Ox Statue. Crackling Jade Lightning damage increased by 100%. Fixed several bugs affecting Storm, Earth, and Fire. Clones now channel faster, move faster, and target more reliably. Clones now inherit and benefit from your stacks of Transfer the Power and Hit Combo when summoned, and are more survivable.  Paladin 
      Holy Beacon of Faith no longer has a cooldown. Beacon of Light no longer has a cooldown. Beacon of Virtue now costs 10% of base mana (was 15%). Holy Shock now damages for 280% of spell power (was 350%). Retribution The damage done by most Retribution abilities has been increased by 12%. Greater Blessing of Might removed. Greater Blessing of Wisdom/Greater Blessing of Kings can be cast in combat. Greater Blessing of Wisdom restores 0.2% health/mana every 2 seconds (was 3 seconds). Greater Blessing of Kings absorbs 270% of spellpower (was 180%). Fist of Justice now reduces the remaining cooldown of Hammer of Justice by 2.5 seconds per Holy Power spent. Divine Intervention now reduces the cooldown of Divine Shield by 20% (was 50%). Seal of Light replaced with Judgment of Light.  Priest
      Shining Force cooldown is now 45 seconds (was 60 seconds). Discipline Shadow Covenant has been updated: Now increases healing by 450% (was 550%). Is now instant (was a 1.5 second cast) No longer replaces Power Word: Radiance. Burst of Light trait no longer affects Shadow Covenant. Holy New talent at Holy Priest level 30: Perseverance: When you cast Renew on yourself, it additionally reduces all damage taken by 10%. Holy Priest now learns Desperate Prayer at level 52. Benediction’s chance to activate has been reduced to 40% (was 50%). Piety now additionally reduces the cooldown of Prayer of Mending by 2 seconds. Prayer of Healing healing increased to 250% (was 200%). Prayer of Healing now heals the target and the 4 nearest allies (was 5 random injured targets). Symbol of Hope duration is now 12 seconds (was 10 seconds). Shadow Lingering Insanity is now a talent, replacing Void Lord. Lingering Insanity now causes Voidform’s haste increase to fade by 2% every second when Voidform ends. The damage done by most Shadow spells has been increased by 25%. Auspicious Spirits now generates 3 Insanity (was 4). Mania now increases movement speed by 1% per 3 Insanity (was 1% per 5 Insanity). Masochism now additionally reduces damage taken by 10% for the duration of the Heal-over-Time. Legacy of the Void requires 65 Insanity (was 70), and also increases Voidform’s Shadow damage bonus by 5%. Mind Blast now generates 15 Insanity (was 12). Mind Flay now generates 3 Insanity per tick (was 2). Mind Flay now deals damage to nearby targets and generates additional Insanity, if the target has Shadow Word: Pain. Mind Sear has been removed. Mind Spike removed. New talent at level 90: Misery Vampiric Touch also applies Shadow Word: Pain to the target. Shadow Crash moved to level 100. Shadow Word: Death generates 15 Insanity untalented (was 10). Shadow Word: Pain now generates 4 Insanity (was 3). Shadow Word: Pain (Shadow) duration now 18 seconds (was 14 seconds) Shadow Word: Void now recharges in 20 seconds (was 30 seconds). Surrender to Madness now increases Insanity gain by 100% (was 150%). Vampiric Touch generates 6 Insanity when cast (was 4). Vampiric Touch duration is now 24 seconds (was 18 seconds). Void Bolt now extends the durations of all of your active Damage over Time spells (within 8 yards) by 3 seconds. Void Eruption puts Void Bolt on cooldown for 1.5 seconds (was 3 seconds). Void Lord has been removed. Voidform now increases Shadow damage by 20% (was 30%).  Rogue
      Cheat Death cannot trigger more often than once per 6 minutes (was 2 minutes). This cooldown resets on death. Shroud of Concealment is now available to all Rogues at level 68. Feint now costs 35 energy (was 20). Pick Pocket range increased to 10 yards (was 5 yards). Assassination The damage done by most Assassination spells has been increased by 7%. Agonizing Poison proc chance increased to 30% (was 20%). Alacrity haste per stack increased to 2% (was 1%). Maximum stacks reduced to 10 (was 20). Anticipation maximum combo points increased to 10 (was 8). Blind is now learned at level 24. Crippling Poison is now learned at level 38 (was 24). Death from Above increased AOE damage is now 440% of attack power (was 366% of attack power). Deeper Stratagem damage bonus to finishing moves reduced to 5% (was 10%). Elaborate Planning damage bonus granted from finishing moves reduced to 12% (was 15%). Internal Bleeding total bleed damage increased to 144% attack power per combo point (was 124% attack power). Marked for Death now grants 6 combo points with Deeper Stratagem. Prey on the Weak damage bonus increased to 15% (was 10%). Rupture has been updated: The damage of the spell no longer scales up based on combo points spent. Now, combo points spent scale up its duration. Shadow Focus energy cost reduction for abilities while Stealthis active increased to 75% (was 50%). Subterfuge damage bonus to Garrote increased to 125% (was 100%). Outlaw The damage done by most Outlaw spells has been increased by 16%. Alacrity haste per stack increased to 2% (was 1%), and maximum stacks reduced to 10 (was 20). Anticipation maximum combo points increased to 10 (was 8). Between the Eyes no longer gains its 4x critical strike multiplier until Rank 2 (Between the Eyes), learned at level 42. Blade Flurry damage to secondary targets reduced to 30% (was 35%). Deeper Stratagem damage bonus to finishing moves reduced to 5% (was 10%). Fatebringer now reduces energy cost by 2/4/6 (was 3/6/9). Fate's Thirst now provides a bonus of 4/8/12% (was 6/12/18%). Marked for Death now grants 6 combo points with Deeper Stratagem. Pistol Shot now reduces movement speed by 30% (was 50%). Slice and Dice now also grants 15% increased energy regeneration. True Bearing no longer reduces the cooldown of Blind, Cloak of Shadows, or Riposte. Subtlety The damage done by most Subtlety spells has been increased by 9%. Akaari's Soul (artifact trait) delay reduced to 2 seconds (was 4 seconds). Alacrity haste per stack increased to 2% (was 1%), and maximum stacks reduced to 10 (was 20). Anticipation maximum combo points increased to 10 (was 8). Marked for Death now grants 6 combo points with Deeper Stratagem.. Master of Shadows energy gain for entering Stealth/Shadow Dance reduced to 25 (was 30). Master of Subtlety duration reduced to 5 seconds (was 6 seconds). Night Terrors now reduces movement speed by 30% (was 50%). Shadow Focus energy cost reduction for abilities while Stealth is active increased to 25% (was 20%). Shadow Nova (artifact trait) now always activates when using Shadowstrike or Cheap Shot or Shuriken Storm while Shadow Dance is active, with a 5 second internal cooldown.  Shaman
      Lava Burst damage increased to 275% (was 220%). Ancestral Swiftness haste is now 6% (was 10%). Elemental Earth Elemental has been updated: Now has 400% of the caster's armor (was 200%). Now has 25% the caster's spell power as attack power (was 5%), and 45% for Primal version. Creates a great deal of threat to nearby enemies. Now has a duration of 1 minute (was 15 seconds) and a cooldown of 5 minutes (was 2 minutes). Aftershock now refunds 30% of Maelstrom (was 25%). Earthen Rage damage is now 55% of spell power (was 50%). Earthgrab Totem now roots for 8 seconds (was 5 seconds). Earthquake duration is now 6 seconds (was 10 seconds) and damage per tick is now 50% (was 30%). Elemental Blast damage is now 680% (was 525%). Elemental Blast now provides a bonus of 2400 to a stat (was 1200). Icefury damage is now 900% (was 180%). Liquid Magma Totem damage is now 110% (was 80%). Path of Flame bonus to Lava Burst is now 10% (was 5%). Storm Elemental cooldown is now 2.5 minutes (was 5 minutes) and duration is now 30 seconds (was 60 seconds). Storm Elemental Wind Gust damage is now 48% (was 42%) and Call Lightning damage is now 96% (was 84%). Enhancement The damage done by most Enhancement spells has been increased by 16%. Boulderfist no longer increases your critical strike chance by 5%. Earthen Spike no longer costs Maelstrom. Earthen Spike damage is now 1100% of attack power (was 800%). Empowered Stormlash bonus is now 50% (was 35%). Fury of Air damage is now 40% of attack power (was 30%), and costs 3 Maelstrom/second (was 5). Hailstorm damage is now 21% of weapon damage (was 35%). Lava Lash damage is now 625% of weapon damage (was 505%). Lightning Bolt damage increased by 50%. Lightning Shield damage is now 150% attack power (was 100%). Overcharge costs 40 Maelstrom (was 45), and has a 12 second cooldown (was 9). Overcharge’s cooldown is now 12 seconds (was 9 seconds). Rainfall healing increased to 100% (was 50%). Rockbiter now generates 20 Maelstrom. Windsong cooldown is now 40 seconds (was 45 seconds). Restoration Chain Heal healing is now 380% (was 400%). Healing Stream Totem healing increased to 82% (was 70%). Queen's Decree healing increased to 24% (was 20%). Unleash Life healing increased to 350% (was 325%). Wellspring healing increased to 450% (was 375%).  Warlock
      Demonic Circle duration increased to 15 minutes (was 6 minutes). Imp, Succubus, Voidwalker, Felhunter, and Felguard damage increased by 20%. Mortal Coil healing is now 20% of maximum health (was 11%). Mortal Coil now always heals you, regardless of whether the target is affected by the Horror. Soul Harvest base duration is now 15 seconds and maximum duration is 35 seconds (was 10 seconds and 30 seconds). Affliction Drain Soul is now learned at level 13. New Affliction talent at level 15: Malefic Grasp. While channeling Drain Soul, your damage-over-time spells deal 80% increased damage to the target. Contagion bonus is now 18% (was 12%). New talent at level 30: Empowered Life Tap Life Tap increases your damage dealt by 10% for 20 seconds. Grimoire of Synergy bonus is now 25% (was 35%). Haunt cooldown is now 30 seconds (was 15 seconds) and Haunt now also increases damage by 30%. Seed of Corruption damage is now 215% (was 138%). Seed of Corruption now costs 1 Soul Shard (was 4.5% mana). Sow the Seeds adds 2 targets (was 4) and no longer adds a Soul Shard cost. Demonology Demonbolt damage bonus is now 18% (was 20%). Grimoire of Synergy bonus damage is now 35% (was 40%). Impending Doom now additionally reduces Doom's duration by 3 seconds. Thal'kiel's Discord (Artifact Trait) is now triggered by Demonwrath. Power Trip now has a 65% chance to activate (was 50%). Destruction The damage done by many Destruction spells has been increased by 4% . Backdraft now reduces the cast time of your next two Incinerates or Chaos Bolts by 30%. This stacks up to 4 charges. Channel Demonfire damage is now 64% (was 46%). Channel Demonfire now splashes 50% of its damage to nearby targets, and is no longer affected by Havoc. Doom Guard’s Doom Bolt damage is now 275% of spell power (was 210%). Grimoire of Sacrifice damage is now 75% of spell power (was 100%). Grimoire of Supremacy now reduces Doom Guard’s Doom Bolt damage by 20%. New talent at level 30: Empowered Life Tap Life Tap increases your damage dealt by 10% for 20 seconds. Shadowburn now replaces Conflagrate, and now generates a Shard, plus an additional Shard on kill. The Cataclysm and Eradication talents have swapped places in the talent tree. Conflagration of Chaos trait now also affects Shadowburn.  Warrior
      Shockwave now stuns for 3 seconds (was 4 seconds). Arms The damage done by most Arms abilities has been increased by 5%. Charge now reduces the movement speed of the target by 50% for 6 seconds. Charge now roots the target for 1 second (was 1.5 seconds). Fervor of Battle increases Whirlwind’s damage to the primary target by 45% (was 30%). Hamstring now deals 105% weapon damage (was 5%). In For The Kill refunds 30 Rage (was 20). Ravager damage increased by 25%. Rend costs 10 Rage (was 15), now deals 10% more periodic damage, and now deals upfront Bleed damage. Sweeping Strikes makes Mortal Strike and Execute hit 2 additional nearby targets (was 1). Titanic Might no longer reduces the effectiveness of Colossus Smash. Trauma causes Slam and Whirlwind to deal 25% damage as a DoT (was 20%). Fury The damage done by most Fury abilities has been increased by 5%. Dragon Roar increases your damage done by 16% (was 20%). Fresh Meat increases Bloodthirst’s critical strike chance by 60% (was 40%). Frothing Berserker increases damage done by 15% (was 10%). Outburst now also reduces the cooldown of Berserker Rage by 15 seconds (previously did not reduce the cooldown). Reckless Abandon now also increases the duration of Battle Cry by 2 seconds (previously did not increase the duration). War Machine lasts 15 seconds (was 10 seconds). Wrecking Ball increases the damage of your next Whirlwind by 250% (was 200%). Protection Anger Management also reduces the cooldown of Demoralizing Shout. Best Served Cold has been moved to Level 45: Revenge deals 5% more damage per target hit, up to five. Booming Voice generates 60 Rage (was 50 Rage), and increases damage you deal to affected enemies by 25% (was 20%). Crackling Thunder increases Thunder Clap’s radius by 50% (was 100%). New Talent: Devastator Passive. Replaces Devastate. Your auto-attacks deal additional damage, generate 5 Rage, and have a 30% chance to reset the cooldown of Shield Slam. Focused Rage has been removed. Heavy Repercussions extends Shield Block by 1.0 seconds (was 1.5 seconds) Intercept now gives 15 Rage (was 10). Never Surrender ignores up to 100% more damage (was 75%). Ravager increases your Parry chance by 35% (was 30%). Revenge damage increased by 29%. Revenge now has a 3 second cooldown, and costs 30 Rage. Dodge/Parry makes your next Revenge free. Safeguard now transfers 30% of damage (was 20%). Shield Block now costs 15 Rage. Thunder Clap now generates 5 Rage, and its damage has been increased. Ultimatum has been removed. Vengeance now affects Revenge  (was Focused Rage). Warbringer now stuns for 2.5 seconds (was 1.5 seconds). Warlord's Challenge also reduces the cooldown of Berserker Rage by 15 seconds. Class Halls
      The Sunblossom Pollen from the Druid Class Hall evergreen plant plots now provides +10% damage reduction for 1 hour (was +travel form speed). Items
       Legendary item adjustments:
      Aggramar's Stride: Now grants movement speed based on Haste or Crit, whichever is higher. Additionally, the movement speed bonus now stacks with other movement speed bonuses. Cinidaria, the Symbiote: Your attacks cause an additional 30% damage as Physical to enemies above 90% health and heal you for 100% of the damage done. Norgannon's Foresight: Standing still for 8 seconds grants you Foresight, allowing you to cast while moving for 5 seconds. This duration begins when you start moving. Prydaz, Xavaric's Magnum Opus: Every 30 seconds, gain an absorb shield for 15% (25% for non-tanks) of your maximum health for 30 seconds. Now has Critical Strike, Haste, and Mastery as secondary stats. Roots of Shaladrassil: Standing still causes you to send deep roots into the ground healing you for 3% of your maximum health every 1 second (was 4% every 3 seconds). Sephuz's Secret: Successfully applying a loss of control effect to an enemy, interrupting an enemy, or dispelling any target grants you 70% increased movement speed and 25% Haste (was 15%) for 10 seconds. This effect may occur once every 30 seconds. Demon Hunter (Vengeance) Runemaster's Pauldrons: Metamorphosis resets the remaining cooldown on all your Sigils and Empower Wards, and grants 1 charge of Demon Spikes. Now procs when Last Resort (talent) procs. (Havoc) Anger of the Half-Giants: Demon's Bite generates an additional 1 to 14 Fury (was 1 to 20). Demon Blades generates an additional 1 to 8 Fury (was 1 to 12). (Havoc) Loramus Thalipedes' Sacrifice: Damage increase per subsequent target increased to 10% (was 5%). Death Knight (Blood) Service of Gorefiend: Now activates an additional time (two additional times with Mouth of Hell artifact trait) while Dancing Rune Weapon is active. (Frost) Seal of Necrofantasia: Cooldown reduction for Empower Rune weapon increased to 10% (was 5%). (Unholy) The Instructor's Fourth Lesson: Scourge Strike now has a chance to burst an additional 1-3 Festering Wounds (was 1-5). (Frost) Perseverance of the Ebon Martyr: Now also applies to enemies recently damaged by Remorseless Winter. Druid Ekowraith, Creator of Worlds: Increases the effect of Astral Influence, Feline Swiftness, Thick Hide, and Ysera's Gift by 75% (was 50%). (Balance) Impeccable Fel Essence: Cooldown reduction is now 1 second per 12 Astral Power spent (was 8). (Balance) Promise of Elune, the Moon Goddess: Stacks gained now also reduce the global cooldown of Regrowth. (Balance) The Emerald Dreamcatcher: Astral Power cost reduction of Starsurges reduced to 7 per stack (was 10 per stack). (Feral) The Wildshaper's Clutch: Critical damage from your Bleeds have a 30% (was 40%) chance to trigger Primal Fury. Hunter (Beast Mastery) Roar of the Seven Lions: Bestial Wrath reduces the Focus cost of all your abilities by 15% (was 20%). (Beast Mastery) The Apex Predator's Claw: Your pet gains the passive abilities of all pet specializations and deals 5% (was 10%) increased damage. (Beast Mastery/Survival) Call of the Wild: Reduces the cooldown of all Aspects by 35% (was 50%). (Marksmanship) Ullr's Feather Snowshoes: The remaining cooldown on Trueshot is reduced by 0.8 seconds (was 1.0 second) each time you cast a damaging Shot. (Survival) Frizzo's Fingertrap: Now spreads Lacerate at full duration. (Survival) Nesingwary's Trapping Treads: Focus gained increased to 25 per trap (was 15). Mage (Arcane) Mystic Kilt of the Rune Master: Arcane Barrage grants you 3% (was 4%) of your maximum mana per Arcane Charge spent. (Arcane) Rhonin's Assaulting Armwraps: Arcane Missiles has a 18% (was 25%) chance to make your next Arcane Blast cast within 6 seconds cost no mana. (Fire) Marquee Bindings of the Sun King: After consuming Hot Streak, there is a 15% (was 20%) chance that your next non-instant Pyroblast cast within 15 seconds deals 300% additional damage. (Fire) Koralon's Burning Touch: Scorch deals 350% increased damage and is now a guaranteed Critical Strike against enemies below 30% health. Monk (Brewmaster) Fundamental Observation: Zen Meditation is no longer cancelled when you move or when you are hit by a melee attack, and reduces the cooldown of Zen Meditation by 50%. (Brewmaster) Firestone Walkers: Now reduces Fortifying Brew’s cooldown by 2 seconds (was 1 second) per enemy hit, up to a maximum of 6 seconds (was 4 seconds). (Mistweaver) Ei'thas, Lunar Glides of Eramas: Rising Sun Kick causes your target's next melee attack to extend your heal over time effects by 5 seconds (was 2 seconds). (Windwalker) Hidden Master's Forbidden Touch: Duration during which you can recast Touch of Death increased to 5 seconds (was 3 seconds). (Windwalker) Cenedril, Reflector of Hatred: Now causes Touch of Karma to deal 150% increased damage, and no longer increases absorb. Paladin Chain of Thrayn: Avenging Wrath increases healing done by an additional 25% for Holy and 50% for Protection/Retribution and increases damage done by an additional 20%. Uther's Guard: Your Blessing of Freedom, Blessing of Sacrifice, and Blessing of Protection have 50% increased duration and heal the target for 15% of maximum health. (Retribution) Justice Gaze: Hammer of Justice deals 600% (was 350%) weapon damage and has 75% reduced cooldown when used against an enemy above 75% health. (Retribution) Liadrin's Fury Unleashed: While Avenging Wrath is active, you gain 1 Holy Power every 4 seconds (was 2.5 seconds). (Retribution) Whisper of the Nathrezim: Templar’s Verdict and Divine Storm increase the damage of your next Templar’s Verdict or Divine Storm within 4 seconds by 15% (was 25%). Priest Phyrix's Embrace: Now increases Guardian Spirit's duration and healing bonus by 50% and Guardian Spirit no longer terminates its healing bonus effect when sacrificing itself. (Shadow) Anund's Seared Shackles: Each time Shadow Word: Pain and Vampiric Touch deal damage, your next Void Bolt gains 4% (was 2%) increased damage, stacking up to 50 times. (Shadow) Mother Shahraz's Seduction: You gain 5 stacks of Voidform when you enter Voidform. (Shadow) Mangaza's Madness: Increases the maximum number of charges of Mind Blast by 1 (was 2). (Shadow) The Twins' Painful Touch: Your first Mind Flay (was Mind Sear) cast after entering Voidform spreads Shadow Word: Pain and Vampiric Touch to 3 enemies within 10 yards of your target. Rogue Insignia of Ravenholdt: Additional damage decreased, and no longer damages enemies under the effects of breakable crowd-control. (Assassination) Zoldyck Family Training Shackles: Your Poisons and Bleeds deal 30% (was 40%) increased damage to targets below 30% health. (Outlaw) Greenskin's Waterlogged Wristcuffs: Between the Eyes has a 20% chance per Combo Point to increase the damage of your next Pistol Shot by 300% (was 400%). (Subtlety) Shadow Satyr's Walk: Shadowstrike restores 3 (was 10) Energy plus an additional 1 Energy for every 3 yards (was 2) between you and your target. Shaman (Elemental/Enhancement) Eye of the Twisting Nether: Damaging enemies with your Fire, Frost, or Nature abilities increases all damage you deal by 1.5% (was 2%) for 8 seconds. Each element adds a separate application. (Elemental) The Deceiver's Blood Pact: Earth Shock has a 20% (was 30%) chance to refund all of the Maelstrom spent. (Enhancement) Spiritual Journey: Feral Spirits now cools down 500% faster (was 300%) while in Spirit Wolf form. (Restoration) Focuser of Jonat, the Elder: Healing Wave and Healing Surge increase the healing of your next Chain Heal by 10% (was 15%), stacking up to 5 times. Warrior Ayala's Stone Heart: Procs per minute reduced. (Arms) Archavon's Heavy Hand: Mortal Strike refunds 8 Rage (was 15). (Fury) Ceann-Ar Charger: Gain 8 Rage (was 10 Rage) whenever you Enrage. (Fury) Kazzalax, Fujieda's Fury: Bloodthirst increases all damage you deal and all healing you take by 1% for 10 seconds, stacking up to 4 times (was 5 times). (Protection) Kakushan's Stormscale Gauntlets: Affected spells changed (was Shield Slam and Revenge) to Shield Slam and Thunderclap. (Protection) Destiny Driver: Absorb amount increased to 50% (was 15%). Warlock (Affliction) Hood of Eternal Disdain: Agony deals its full damage 10% (was 20%) faster. (Destruction) Alythess's Pyrogenics: Enemies affected by your Rain of Fire take 10% (was 7%) increased damage from your Fire spells. (Destruction) Feretory of Souls: Casting a damaging Fire spell has a 10% (was 15%) chance to generate a Soul Shard. (Destruction) Magistrike Restraints: Chaos Bolt has a 20% chance (was 30%) to strike an additional enemy within 30 yards. (Demonology) Sin'dorei Spite: For 25 seconds after casting Summon Doomguard or Summon Infernal, you and your minions deal 15% (was 30%) increased damage.  Player versus Player
      Dampening now begins immediately in 2v2 Skirmish and 2v2 Arenas. Blade’s Edge Arena has received a visual update. Prestige level 9 has been added. Artifact traits at 35 points and above are now enabled in PvP. Damage caused by Soul Rip, Shadow Nova, On the Trail, and Shadowy Apparition should no longer break control effects such as Polymorph or Freezing Trap. Honor talents that replace taunt effects for each Tank specialization will now cause their original taunt effect to be applied to non-player targets.  Class Adjustments
      Death Knight Blood Blood Death Knights now deal 10% reduced damage in PvP (was 15%). Blooddrinker now deals 40% reduced damage in PvP (was 100%). Demon Hunter Havoc Unending Hatred now grants 10 Fury (was 5). Eye of Leotheras now deals 6% of the target’s total health in damage (was 4%). Rushing Vault and Pinning Glare have been removed. New talent: Demonic Origins The cooldown of Metamorphosis is reduced by 2 minutes, and now lasts 15 seconds. While not in Metamorphosis, your damage is increased by 10%. New talent: Mana Rift You manifest a 6-yard-wide mana rift under the feet of your target. After 2 seconds, the rift erupts, dealing 8% of enemies’ total health in Chaos damage, and destroying 8% of enemies’ total mana (if present). Mana Break now deals 15% of the target’s total health in Chaos damage. Total health in damage is increased by 1% per 2% of the target’s total missing mana, up to 30%. Vengeance Vengeance Demon Hunters now deal 10% reduced damage in PvP (was 15%). Illidan's Grasp cooldown reduced to 60 seconds (was 90). Druid Balance Celestial Downpour now increases the duration of Starfall by 100%, but you can only have one active at a time. Celestial Guardian magical damage reduction reduced to 20% (was 30%). Guardian Maul now deals 400% damage in PvP (was 100%). Guardian Druids now take 10% increased damage from players (was 25%). Guardian Druids now deal normal damage in PvP. Shapemender has been removed. Hibernating Growth has been removed. Enraged Mangle has been removed. Sharpened Claws now increases Swipe and Thrash damage by 100%. Overrun no longer shares a cooldown with Feral Charge. Den Mother now increases you and your allies’ maxiumum health by 15% within 15 yards. Demoralizing Roar cooldown is now 30 seconds (was 60 seconds). Toughnessis now a level 34 talent (was level 37), replacing Softened Blows. New Talent: Roaring Speed Reduces the cooldown of your Stampeding Roar by 90 seconds. New Talent: Master Shapeshifter Your Feral, Balance, or Restoration Affinity is amplified, granting an additional effect: (Balance) After you enter Moonkin Form, you gain 30% spell haste for 10 seconds. (Feral) While in Cat Form, your damage is increased by 30%. (Restoration) After you Swiftmend, the cast time and healing of your Healing Touch is increased by 30% for 8 seconds. New Talent: Malorne's Swiftness Your Travel Form movement speed while within a Battleground or Arena is increased by 20% and you always move at 100% movement speed while in Travel Form. New Talent: Raging Frenzy Your Frenzied Regeneration also generates 60 Rage over 3 seconds. Restoration Focused Growth now also reduces the mana cost of Lifebloom by 50%. Hunter Viper Sting now has a 30 second cooldown, down from 45. Scorpid Sting now has a 24 second cooldown, down from 30. Scorpid Sting now has an 8 second duration, up from 6. Spider Sting now has a 45 second cooldown, down from 60. Spider Sting's initial debuff duration is 4 seconds, down from 5.  Silence duration unchanged. Marksmanship Sniper Shot no longer has a cooldown (was 6 seconds). Survival Steel Trap's out of combat Waylay bonus deals 150% additional damage in PvP situations (was 500%). Mage Frost Burst of Cold increases Cond of Cold damage by 250% (was 600%). Monk Brewmaster Microbrew reduces the cooldown of Fortifying Brew by 50%, and no longer reduces its duration. Incendiary Breath is now renamed Incendiary Breath, is now passive, and increases the cooldown of Breath of Fire by 100%. Hot Trub now deals 50% of purified Stagger damage to nearby targets (was 25%). Guard no longer provides an absorb, instead it allows the Monk to Stagger 30% of damage received by allies within 15 yards. Eerie Fermentation now provides 5% magic damage reduction and 10% movement speed for each level of Stagger active. Mistweaver Counteract Magic increases Renewing Mists heal for 135% (was 125%). Healing Sphere now has a 15 second charge recovery cooldown (was 45 seconds). Surge of Mist  now causes Enveloping Mist to have a seven second cooldown (was 8 seconds). Way of the Crane now also makes you immune to stun effects. Refreshing Breeze now increases the healing of Vivify by 20% (was 25%). Windwalker Spinning Fire Blossom now always triggers Mastery: Combo Strikes. Disabling Reach now increases Disable’s range to 10 yards (was 12 yards). Zen Moment now costs 3 Chi (was 5 Chi). Control the Mists now occurs every 10 seconds (was 20 seconds). Paladin Cleansing Light is a new honor talent replacing Pure of Heart for Protection and Retribution. Cleansing Light removes all Disease and Poison effects within 15 yards of the Paladin. Luminescence now only activates on heals cast by targets other than the Paladin. Holy Holy Paladin's template secondary stat distribution has changed: 50% Mastery 125% Haste 75% Versatility 150% Critical Strike Avenging Crusader now has a (35% of base mana) cost (was no mana cost). Ultimate Sacrifice no longer cancels based on the Paladin’s health. Ultimate Sacrifice’s damage transfer periodic is now 4 seconds (was 12 seconds). Protection Protection Paladin's template secondary stat distribution has changed: 25% Mastery 200% Haste 50% Versatility 125% Critical Strike Guarded by the Light now stacks up to 2 times (was 3). Guarded by the Light no longer reduces the mana cost of Flash of Light. Hallowed Ground now suppresses movement speed reductions while allies are standing in your Consecration. Steed of Glory increases the duration of Divine Steed by 2 seconds (was 4). Retribution Retribution Paladin's template Strength is now 80%, down from 85%. Retribution Paladin's template secondary stat distribution has changed: 25% Mastery 160% Haste 50% Versatility 165% Critical Strike Priest Discipline Solemn Prayers removed. Renewed Hope removed. Strength of Soul now also heals targets to which you apply Power Word: Shield. New talent: Trinity The duration of your Atonement is increased to 30 seconds and the healing transferred through Atonement is increased by 20%. Atonement can now only affect a maximum of 3 targets and can only be applied through Plea. Dome of Light now increases Power Word: Barrier’s damage reduction effect by 45% (was 25%). Power Word: Fortitude now increases maximum health by 20% (was 10%). New Talent: Ultimate Radiance Your Power Word: Radiance is now instant cast and the healing is increased by 250%, with a 6 second cooldown. Holy Heal now heals for 200% in PvP. Prayer of Mending now heals for 150% in PvP. Delivered from Evil re-designed: Now reduces the cooldown of Leap of Faith by 45 seconds, but no longer creates an absorption shield on the target. Holy Ward’s cooldown reduced to 30 seconds (was 45 seconds). New Talent: Miracle Worker: Holy Word: Serenity now has 2 charges. Rapid Mending now also increases the radius of Prayer of Mending by 20 yards. Divine Attendant re-designed: Now reduces the cooldown of Guardian Spirit by 2 minutes. Ray of Hope’s cooldown reduced from to 45 seconds (was 60 seconds). Greater Heal re-designed: Heal increases the targets total health by 10% for 15 seconds. Stacks up to 2. Rogue All Rogues template Stamina is now 100% (was 90%). Assassination Flying Daggers now also increases the radius of Fan of Knives by 100%. Shaman Enhancement Thundercharge now increases the cooldown of all recovery abilities by 70% (was 30%). Restoration Calming Waters moved to level 34, replacing Inner Renewal. Earth Shield now has a 5 second cooldown. Earth Shield now provides 15% damage reduction (was 20%). Earth Shield now triggers at 8% health loss (was 6%). Earth Shield's mana cost has been increased to 15% base mana (was 12.6%). Earth Shield is no longer dispellable. Electrocute damage increased 20% Spirit Link mana cost reduced, and no longer has a cooldown. Targets linked now receive 100% increased healing from your Chain Heal and Riptide. Healing Wave now heals for 200% more in PvP (was 135%). Rippling Waters healing increased by 20%. Rippling Waters now also grants Riptide 1 additional charge. New Talent: Tidebringer Every 8 seconds, the cast time of your next Chain Heal is reduced by 50% within 15 seconds. Maximum of 2 charges. Warrior New Talent: Disarm Disarm the enemy’s weapons and shield for 8 seconds. Disarmed creatures deal significantly reduced damage. Arms Arms Warrior's template Strength reduced to 105% (was 110%). Blood Hunt removed. Ready for Battle removed. Sharpen Blade now has a 25 second cooldown (was 45 seconds). New Talent: Storm of Destruction Reduces the cooldown of Bladestorm by 33%, and Bladestorm now also applies Mortal Wound to all targets you hit. Pain Train is now a level 8 honor talent (was 43). Shadow of the Colossus has moved from being a level 25 to level 28 honor talent. Shadow of the Colossus now also increases the Rage you gain when you charge by 25. Wrecking Crew removed. New Talent: Duel You challenge the target to a duel. While challenged, all damage you and the target deal to all targets other than each other is reduced by 50%. Lasts 8 seconds. New Talent: War Banner You throw down a banner at your feet, rallying your allies and increasing movement speed by 30%, and reducing the duration of all incoming crowd control effects by 50% within 30 yards. Lasts 15 seconds. Fury Fury Warrior's template secondary stats have been adjusted: 75% Mastery 150% Haste 100% Versatility 75% Critical Strike Enrage reduces damage taken in PvP situations by 10% (was 20%). Warpaint further reduces this to 5% (was 15%). Blood Hunt removed. Death Wish now has a 15 second cooldown, and stacks up to 15 times (was 5). Protection Protection Warrior's template secondary stats have been adjusted: 25% Mastery 175% Haste 50% Versatility 150% Critical Strike Protection Warriors now deal 10% reduced damage in PvP (was 15%). Protection Warriors now take 15% increased damage from players (was 25%). Tenderizer removed.  Quests
      Fixed bugs preventing Kirin Tor emissary World Quests from always providing a minimum of four available quests. All World Quests will be re-generated with this patch. You will retain your existing slate of Emissaries, but any current World Quests may disappear or have a different reward after the patch. (Source)

• By Starym
      The announced class changes are here, Nighthold fixes, more AP for ranked PvP and more PvP class changes. Garrosh now drops loot again in LFR too!

The already announced and detailed class changes are covered in this edition, but we also have some Nighthold fixes, greater AP rewards for rated PvP and yet more PvP class tuning and long-standing issues addressed aka Garrosh not dropping loot in LFR.
      It seems the recently detailed trinket changes didn't show up in these hotfix notes, but they are slated to be released this reset, so it's a little unclear on what their status is.
      January 23 (source)
      Classes
      [All class changes below will take effect with weekly realm restarts in each region.]
      Druid
      Feral Increased the damage of most Feral spells and abilities by 8%. (Ashamane's Frenzy, Brutal Slash, Ferocious Bite, Maim, Moonfire, Rake, Shred, Swipe, Thrash, Rip) Designer Notes: Feral's playstyle feels good, but isn't putting up the numbers that it should be, so we're giving them an across-the-board damage buff.
      Hunter
      Combat Experience (Pet Passive) now increases the damage of primary pets by 60% (up from 50%). Designer Notes: This is primarily a damage buff to Beast Mastery, but will have a tiny benefit to Survival and occasionally Marksmanship as well. Marksmanship Arcane Shot now generates 8 Focus (up from 5). Multi-Shot now generates 3 Focus per target hit (up from 2). Sidewinders damage increased by 33%. Designer Notes: Marksmanship has given a lot of feedback that the rotation often winds up casting too many consecutive Focus generators. We are making two changes: first, helping avoid that problem by increasing the Focus generation of Arcane Shot and Multi-Shot. Second, making it more attractive to use Sidewinders in more situations, for players who prefer the pacing of the rotation with that talent.   Mage
      Arcane Increased the damage of most Arcane spells and abilities by 8%. (Arcane Barrage, Arcane Blast, Arcane Explosion, Arcane Missiles, Arcane Orb, Nether Tempest, Supernova) Overpowered now increases the damage and mana cost bonuses of Arcane Power to 60% (down from 70%). Amplification now increases Arcane Missiles damage by 12% (down from 15%). Designer Notes: Arcane has been doing well in 7.1.5, but its numbers are lacking a bit. We're giving them an across-the-board damage buff, but tempering that with small reductions to a couple new talents that are proving to be too strong. Fire Increased the damage of most Fire spells and abilities by 3%. (Blast Wave, Cinderstorm, Dragon's Breath, Fire Blast, Fireball, Flame Patch, Flamestrike, Living Bomb, Meteor, Phoenix Flames, Pyroblast, Scorch) Pyroblast mana cost reduced by 20%. Flamestrikemana cost reduced by 17%. Designer Notes: Under certain circumstances, it was possible for Fire to run out of mana. It's only intended that mana is a constraint on Fire's utility, not its damage. Frost Increased the damage of most Frost spells and abilities by 4%. (Ebonbolt, Blizzard, Cone of Cold, Flurry, Frost Bomb, Frostbolt, Frozen Orb, Ice Lance, Ice Nova, Waterbolt, Ray of Frost, Water Jet) Comet Storm damage increased by 30%. Flurry now fires its missiles faster. Designer Notes: Comet Storm is failing to live up to expectations, so we're buffing its damage. The Flurry change will help Flurry feel more responsive, while simultaneously solving a potential issue where Winter's Chill could apply to two Ice Lances (instead of just one, as intended) at extremely high Haste levels.
      Monk
      Brewmaster Keg Smash damage increased by 10%, and it no longer deals reduced damage to 6+ targets. Breath of Fire damage increased 11%. Designer Notes: Brewmasters could use a bit of help on damage, especially in AoE.
      Paladin
      Retribution Crusade now increases damage and Haste by 3% per stack (down from 3.5%). Blade of Justice damage increased by 20%, unchanged in PvP. Designer Notes: Retribution's total damage is looking quite strong in 7.1.5, which is fine on its own. However, how that damage is delivered matters quite a bit as well. We've been seeing more and more than Paladins find that the optimal way to maximize their performance is to focus everything they can on boosting their damage during Crusade. This creates a number of problems, including: Crusade feels mandatory, your damage feels very unrewarding outside of Crusade, trinkets and artifact traits are viewed as either amazing or terrible based on whether they synergize with Crusade, and others.

As such, we're going to tone down Crusade, and compensate with a buff to Blade of Justice. For those that had maximized Crusade to an extreme degree, this may result in a small overall nerf – this is intended. This change also helps prevent Divine Hammer from being too dominant in single-target situations.
      Warlock
      Destruction Chaos Bolt damage increased by 9%. Rain of Fire damage increased by 30%. Cataclysm damage increased by 29%. Designer Notes: Destruction's damage isn't as high as it should be. In particular, some of its spells that should feel the most rewarding aren't hitting hard enough, especially in AoE situations. We're buffing the damage of those spells.   Dungeons and Raids
      Fixed a bug where some Warlords dungeon bosses were not always dropping loot. The Windwalker Monk Vestments of Enveloped Dissonance (Tunic of Enveloped Dissonance) 2-piece bonus and the Restoration Druid Garb of the Astral Warden (Robe of the Astral Warden) 4-piece bonus should now scale down correctly in Timewalking dungeons. Siege of Orgrimmar Fixed a bug where Garrosh Hellscream would not drop loot on Raid Finder difficulty. The Nighthold High Botanist Tel’arn High Botanist Tel’arn now takes more time between using abilities on Normal difficulty. Gul’dan Resolved an issue where Resonant Barrier would fail to apply its effects if the player was under the effects of immunities. Resolved an issue where the Essence of Aman'thul abilities would disappear from players when using an immunity effect. Items
      Windwalker Monks who unequip the Vestments of Enveloped Dissonance (Tunic of Enveloped Dissonance) should no longer gain the 4-piece bonus. Feretory of Souls should no longer be activated by a spell that did not complete casting. Player versus Player
      [After realm maintenance in each region.] All Artifact Power rewards from Rated PvP have been substantially increased. Note: The PvP UI will not properly reflect the amount of Artifact Power that will be rewarded until a future patch. [After realm maintenance in each region.] Season 19 Achievements that should not have been granted have been correctly removed. You can no longer target a flag carrier with Guardian of the Forgotten Queen. Demon Hunter Eye of Leotheras will no longer scale with increased damage, and instead will always deal a maximum of 6% of the target’s health in damage each time it activates. Mage Ray of Frost cannot be channeled if the Mage is interrupted and locked out of the Frost School, as intended. Warlock Cremation now correctly only applies the damage-over-time effect of Immolate Cremation no longer allows Havoc to spread Immolate to a target who is out of line of sight of the Warlock when Incinerate or Immolate are cast. Professions
      Archaeology The Nor'danil Wellspring digsite is no longer displayed in the middle of the ocean. Quests
      Players on the quest "Fate of the Nightborne" will no longer be sent into a separate phase of the Nighthold until they have spoken to Oculeth to begin the quest. Felsworn Defilers now spawn in more locations during “The Felsworn Must Fall”. Previous hotfixes.
    • By Starym
      Update 2: Blizzard have posted actual numbers for the Convergence of Fates changes. They have been incorporated into the first blue post here.
      Update 1: There have been some new blue posts going even deeper into detail on the matter, check at the bottom of the article for them or click here.
      We get specific details and numbers for the upcoming trinket changes, as well as an explanation and specifics on the Crusade nerf, both coming tomorrow with the reset. Still no exact stats for Convergence of Fates, but we get an idea of how it will end up in relation to specific specs and talents. You can check out the previous announcement of the changes here.
      Lore (source)
      In general, we’ve found that our tuning on trinkets which relied on a direct damage or healing effect (as opposed to their raw stats) have come up a bit short this expansion. To help address that, we’re making the following changes:
      Claw of the Crystalline Scorpid: Damage increased by 30%. Arcanogolem Digit: Damage increased by 30%. Entwined Elemental Foci: The amount of Critical Strike, Mastery, and Haste granted by this item’s proc has been increased by 5%. Might of Krosus: Base damage reduced by 25%, but is now always a critical strike. The tooltip for Might of Krosus will display the amount of damage that will result from the critical hit, not the base damage. Also fixed a bug where the cooldown was incorrectly being reduced if Might of Krosus damaged at least 3 targets. Draught of Souls: The Use effect of this trinket now respects the global cooldown. The damage of this trinket is now reduced by 30% for Unholy Death Knights (was reduced by 40%). Designer Notes: Since Draught of Souls deals Shadow Damage, it’s increased by Unholy’s Mastery, which means we needed to reduce its base damage to keep its overall value similar to other classes. It’s currently a little too low, however, so we’re increasing the damage it deals for Unholy. Icon of Rot: Damage increased by 40%. Pharamere's Forbidden Grimoire: Damage increased by 85%. Fury of the Burning Sky: Damage increased by 40%. Star Gate: Damage increased by 30%. Aluriel's Mirror: Healing-over-time amount increased by 140%. Detonation effect reduced by 35%. Designer Notes: Aluriel’s Mirror’s detonation effect is strong when it activates, but hard to rely on. We’re increasing the heal-over-time effect significantly to improve the up-front value of this trinket, and reducing the detonation effect slightly to compensate. Perfectly Preserved Cake: Absorb amount increased by 140%. Etraeus' Celestial Map: The amount of Critical Strike, Mastery, and Haste granted by this item’s proc has been increased by 5%.
      As for Convergence of Fates, we’re spending a little extra time to make sure our changes here are as comprehensive as possible, so we don’t have final numbers yet. However, we can share our overall plan for the changes we intend to make. We intend to reduce its base effectiveness (before talents) for Windwalkers, and increase its base effectiveness for Retribution Paladins and Frost and Unholy Death Knights. Separately, we plan to adjust its effectiveness individually for the following talents:
      Serenity (Windwalker) Crusade (Retribution Paladin) Incarnation: King of the Jungle (Feral Druid) Hungering Rune Weapon (Frost Death Knight) Dark Arbiter (Unholy Death Knight)
       UPDATE:
      Here's the changes we're looking to make for As for Convergence of Fates interaction with some of the throughput cooldowns it affects. These numbers are compared to the trinket's current performance on live, and are not additive with each other.
      Frost Death Knight with Empower Rune Weapon: +10% proc rate with Hungering Rune Weapon: -23% proc rate
        Unholy Death Knight with Summon Gargoyle: +68% proc rate with Dark Arbiterr: no change
        Feral Druid with Berserk: no change with Incarnation: King of the Jungle: -45% Note: Incarnation was not properly working with Convergence, which has now been fixed. The number given here is relative to Convergence's proc rate with Berserk.
        Windwalker Monk with Storm, Earth, and Fire: -62% proc rate with Serenity: -75% proc rate
        Retribution Paladin with Avenging Wrath: +250% proc rate with Crusade: +25% proc rate Note: This change should bring Convergence back to roughly its original effectiveness for Ret Paladins who are not using Crusade.
      Additionally, on the topic of tank trinkets, we'll be increasing Animated Exoskeleton's maximum shield amount by 33%. We're continuing to investigate tank trinkets, but that change will make it in for this week's hotfix.

We’re planning to make these changes with the next weekly restarts, alongside the release of Mythic Nighthold. Overall, this should make the trinkets in Nighthold more competitive with other trinkets available elsewhere in the expansion.

And the Crusade nerf explanation:
      Sigma (source)
      We are definitely keenly aware that people feel better when we fix a problem by buffing something, rather than fixing it by nerfing something. If you look across classes and talent rows in 7.1.5, you'll see the great majority of balance issues were addressed by buffing underperforming talents. There are a few factors that go into this decision though, and it generally has to be handled on a case-by-case basis.
      One issue when balancing a lopsided talent row is whether we want the overall power of the spec to go slightly up or slightly down in the process. In the case of Retribution during our tuning adjustments for the opening of Nighthold, we intended to slightly nerf the topend performance of the spec (essentially, the performance of players stacking trinkets/relics/legendaries that all build around Crusade). I know there's no easy way to deliver that message, but hopefully it's at least worth clarifying that it's not some accident of how we chose to balance the L100 row. Players say "why couldn't we buff Divine Purpose instead of nerfing Crusade", for the very understandable reason that the former wouldn't have resulted in a slight DPS nerf. But we were conscious of the slight DPS nerf when we decided to do it this way.
      Another factor is that there are sometimes limits on how powerful we want an individual talent to be, regardless of balance within the row. Divine Purpose and Crusade are both very strong talents, that have a significant impact on the rotation and playstyle of the spec (and as mentioned, on gear/talent/relic/etc. decisions), even at their current strength. Balancing Retribution L100 at an even higher point would start causing more issues--Divine Purpose would allow strings of multiple free finishers very often, Crusade would continue to represent a majority of the spec's damage within a cooldown, and Holy Wrath would have to get even more bursty to try to compete with the other two. Sometimes we have to be careful about addressing all balance problems by buffing two talents up to match the highest one, because it can lead to a lot of power creep on the importance of a single talent to an entire DPS rotation.

Draught of Souls and Nightblooming Frond details:
      Lore
      We'll look into Draught of Souls and its effect for Warriors a bit more. Worth noting that the change to have it on the GCD does mean the trinket will be a bit weaker after these hotfixes for most classes (Unholy DK being the exception, due to the damage increase).
      Regarding the Unholy damage reduction for Draught, again, that's only there to counteract the fact that Unholy's Mastery increases Draught's damage. Either way, its damage is going up by ~17% with this hotfix, which is pretty substantial.
      We'll also take another look at Nightblooming Frond.

Tank trinkets are on our to-do list, but not for this round of trinket tuning. We agree that they need some help.
    • By Starym
      Update: Added more Mage changes for all 3 specs, all get increased damage to most skills and Comet Storm's damage buff goes up to 30%.
      More class tuning coming next reset and Nighthold trinkets get re-assesed, featuring dev notes.

More changes are afoot, as there's class tuning coming up next reset for Mythic week, featuring Druid, Hunter, Mage, Monk, Paladin and Warlock tinkering. Paladins also get another ray of hope that their beloved Convergence of Fates will get un-nerfedintotheground as Blizzard re-assess some Nighthold trinkets in the second blue post below.
      Lore (source)
      As we prepare for the opening of Mythic Nighthold, we're planning another round of balance tuning for a few specs. These will be applied with the next weekly maintenance.
      Druid
      Feral Increased the damage of most Feral spells and abilities by 8%. (Ashamane's Frenzy, Brutal Slash, Ferocious Bite, Maim, Moonfire, Rake, Shred, Swipe, Thrash, Rip) Designer Notes: Feral's playstyle feels good, but isn't putting up the numbers that it should be, so we're giving them an across-the-board damage buff.
      Hunter
      Combat Experience (Pet Passive) now increases the damage of primary pets by 60% (up from 50%). Designer Notes: This is primarily a damage buff to Beast Mastery, but will have a tiny benefit to Survival and occasionally Marksmanship as well. Marksmanship Arcane Shot now generates 8 Focus (up from 5). Multi-Shot now generates 3 Focus per target hit (up from 2). Sidewinders damage increased by 33%. Designer Notes: Marksmanship has given a lot of feedback that the rotation often winds up casting too many consecutive Focus generators. We are making two changes: first, helping avoid that problem by increasing the Focus generation of Arcane Shot and Multi-Shot. Second, making it more attractive to use Sidewinders in more situations, for players who prefer the pacing of the rotation with that talent.   Mage
      Arcane Increased the damage of most Arcane spells and abilities by 8%. (Arcane Barrage, Arcane Blast, Arcane Explosion, Arcane Missiles, Arcane Orb, Nether Tempest, Supernova) Overpowered now increases the damage and mana cost bonuses of Arcane Power to 60% (down from 70%). Amplification now increases Arcane Missiles damage by 12% (down from 15%). Designer Notes: Arcane has been doing well in 7.1.5, but its numbers are lacking a bit. We're giving them an across-the-board damage buff, but tempering that with small reductions to a couple new talents that are proving to be too strong. Fire Increased the damage of most Fire spells and abilities by 3%. (Blast Wave, Cinderstorm, Dragon's Breath, Fire Blast, Fireball, Flame Patch, Flamestrike, Living Bomb, Meteor, Phoenix Flames, Pyroblast, Scorch) Pyroblast mana cost reduced by 20%. Flamestrikemana cost reduced by 17%. Designer Notes: Under certain circumstances, it was possible for Fire to run out of mana. It's only intended that mana is a constraint on Fire's utility, not its damage. Frost Increased the damage of most Frost spells and abilities by 4%. (Ebonbolt, Blizzard, Cone of Cold, Flurry, Frost Bomb, Frostbolt, Frozen Orb, Ice Lance, Ice Nova, Waterbolt, Ray of Frost, Water Jet) Comet Storm damage increased by 30%. Flurry now fires its missiles faster. Designer Notes: Comet Storm is failing to live up to expectations, so we're buffing its damage. The Flurry change will help Flurry feel more responsive, while simultaneously solving a potential issue where Winter's Chill could apply to two Ice Lances (instead of just one, as intended) at extremely high Haste levels.
      Monk
      Brewmaster Keg Smash damage increased by 10%, and it no longer deals reduced damage to 6+ targets. Breath of Fire damage increased 11%. Designer Notes: Brewmasters could use a bit of help on damage, especially in AoE.
      Paladin
      Retribution Crusade now increases damage and Haste by 3% per stack (down from 3.5%). Blade of Justice damage increased by 20%, unchanged in PvP. Designer Notes: Retribution's total damage is looking quite strong in 7.1.5, which is fine on its own. However, how that damage is delivered matters quite a bit as well. We've been seeing more and more than Paladins find that the optimal way to maximize their performance is to focus everything they can on boosting their damage during Crusade. This creates a number of problems, including: Crusade feels mandatory, your damage feels very unrewarding outside of Crusade, trinkets and artifact traits are viewed as either amazing or terrible based on whether they synergize with Crusade, and others.

As such, we're going to tone down Crusade, and compensate with a buff to Blade of Justice. For those that had maximized Crusade to an extreme degree, this may result in a small overall nerf – this is intended. This change also helps prevent Divine Hammer from being too dominant in single-target situations.
      Warlock
      Destruction Chaos Bolt damage increased by 9%. Rain of Fire damage increased by 30%. Cataclysm damage increased by 29%. Designer Notes: Destruction's damage isn't as high as it should be. In particular, some of its spells that should feel the most rewarding aren't hitting hard enough, especially in AoE situations. We're buffing the damage of those spells.
      As always, there may be additional PvP-only tuning applied along with these changes. We'll share details on any such changes once they've been determined.

Lore (source)
      We've been following the discussion on the recent changes to the Convergence of Fates trinkets for Retribution Paladins, as well as the surrounding discussions about trinket balance in general, and wanted to give a quick update on what we're planning:
      The original value of Convergence for Ret was wildly out of line with other trinkets, largely due to its interaction with Crusade. After investigation, however, we believe that the change we made may have overshot the mark. We’ll be making some additional adjustments to Convergence of Fate, to make sure that it’s still a good trinket for Ret.
      We’re also investigating Convergence’s value to other classes, particularly those with talents that replace the cooldowns that Convergence effects (such as Dark Arbiter for Unholy Death Knights). Like Crusade, those talents are made significantly more powerful when combined with Convergence of Fate, so we’ll likely need to make some adjustments when those kinds of talents are selected as well.
      We are also planning to improve Nighthold trinkets which have effects that aren’t a stat buff, such as the slam on Might of Krosus. We will post more information about this as soon as we have settled on the appropriate values, and are planning to make the changes with raid resets next week.