Damien

Monk: Shenlong Fire

100 posts in this topic

This thread is for comments about our Monk Shenlong Fire Build.

Why area damage over attack speed on weapons?

Simply put, you have plenty: dual-wielding, Seize the Initiative passive, Alacrity passive, the Dashing Strike - Radiance effect. Some investment in AoE does this single-target heavy build wonders.

Hello, I got a question regardin the jewelery.

As is see the value in cubing unity, would Band of the Rue Chambers be a good damage alternative?

It should push your spirit generation by a great deal.

Would this ring be the best choice for a group setup?

Hello there just a guest here I followed some of your guide however I can now solo up to 50 by changing some things around which is simply having 2 pieces of uliana's set, ridiculous aoe clear and fantastic addition. The Flying dragon cube effect is also bugged it seems, I can't see any buff ever being applied from it

Im working on a hybrid of this build. I wanted to fet your opinion on my set up so far... I have the shen long set and im working to get the second ring for the rings in your build. I have the two mystic ally leg ability with the fire rune and partial innas set to enhance the mystic and my mantras. Would using air ally as a spirit generator be more beneficial than the light of heaven heal/spirit gen increase? Im basically crossing inna's set, the same shoulders and boots you use and the shenlong set so my spirit generator is incredibly powerful but i also have all mantras on at one time and two mystic allys that do 100% more of their passive ability. I have a string of ears once i cube the inna's belt im wearing into a chest piece . On battle net im Cromsies#1333

Thanks

I would also suggest to replace the Head, wich is not so important and the torso, wich is choosen only for the 10% firedamage and not for the costreduction, with the 2 piece bonus of the Ulianas Set. The result is every trash mob dies in seconds the more the better, everything arround you is just exploding.

At first i added the gungdo wrist to adding expoding hands but with the Ulianas 2 Set bonus the effect is spreading so fast that in result you dont need the Gungdo wrist. Now i added the krells wrist for immunity to knockback and stun as i see this as biggest problem when fighting.

And i added the exploding hand skill with the rune "the meat is weak" not to use it but to add the effect of the rune to the automatic effect of the setbonus for 20% overall damage for the group.

This build rocks its the best that i have played so far, looks and feels amazing.

Since my last post i have gotten a lot more of the required gear for this build. If used properly you won't need any exploding hand gear because this setup destroys all mobs. The CDR from leorics is invaluable because it allows epiphany to almost always be available. The only pieces of the puzzle im missing is the cindercoat and strongarm bracers for the cube and i can handle torment x and grifts 40+. My hellfire ammy rolled with the skill that prevents death once every 60 seconds, pretty useful until i get another unity ring. It would be nice to find a chest piece that outclasses cindercoat for this build.

Heya, (hopefully) quick question. How are you supposed to get to 75% cooldown reduction (needed for epiphany permanence) with this build? I feel like I must be missing something (I'm reasonably new to Diablo). BoY 20%, helm 25%, gogok 15%, hands 8%,  shoulders 8%, paragon 10% = 62% cdr which isn't *too* far off, but it's still 8 seconds or so of very reduced tank and mobility. Am I missing something, or are you supposed to just play around that? Otherwise the build is very fun. =)

Heya, (hopefully) quick question. How are you supposed to get to 75% cooldown reduction (needed for epiphany permanence) with this build? I feel like I must be missing something (I'm reasonably new to Diablo). BoY 20%, helm 25%, gogok 15%, hands 8%,  shoulders 8%, paragon 10% = 62% cdr which isn't *too* far off, but it's still 8 seconds or so of very reduced tank and mobility. Am I missing something, or are you supposed to just play around that? Otherwise the build is very fun. =)

It's a downtime you have to work around, sadly. smile.png Glad you're having fun with the build!

One suggestion I have is to fill out the followers section, this build favors the templar due to his 10% spirit generation bonus.

Could also roll CDR on rings and weapons. Each fist can have up to 10% cdr and each ring can get 8%. That's a lot more cdr to fill that gap to 75%!

How about using two pieces of Uliana along with this build in a way or another? As it applies the exploding palm and maybe could be somehow benefic to it? It hit me today while grinding with for items for this build with half of Uliana equipped.

With the upcoming changes to the two-piece set bonus of Raiment of a Thousand Storms (spirit generators do 100% increased damage down from 300% increased damage) is this build dead or am I missing something?

I will answer my own question: I was missing the inclusion of the Inna's Set.  With it this playstyle still rocks.  

Continuing to answer my own question: With the Inna's set this build is much stronger than the old version.  It seems amazing strong.

Edited by Pjmcnally

I must say, that I am very happy to have saved every ancient items in the past, and I was hereby able to equip more or less a complete build following this guide - and so far it is awesome and I have lots of fun with it. GR lvl45 takes approx 5 minutes to complete, only run speed limits it to complete faster - so farming legendary gems to augment items this way is excellent smile.png

The guide mentions that Single resistance is a favorable roll on the Inna's belt. However, this is impossible due to the fact that the Inna's belt (Inna's Favor) will always roll with an All resistance primary.

The guide mentions that Single resistance is a favorable roll on the Inna's belt. However, this is impossible due to the fact that the Inna's belt (Inna's Favor) will always roll with an All resistance primary.

Thank you for the correction, this is indeed the case.

Why are crudest boots recommended in the cube, when mystic ally isn't in th build? Seems dumb.

Why are crudest boots recommended in the cube, when mystic ally isn't in th build? Seems dumb.

Seems like you either don't read or you're legitimately the dumb one lol. Inna's 6 set bonus gives you damage based on however many mystics you have out, which is automatically all of them from the 4 piece bonus and then that number doubles from the boots..

with inna 6 piece you dont need mystic ally out to get the mystic allies. 

The six set automatically makes 5 allies appear even when the skill isn't on the bar. And the boots doubles the number from 5 to 10.

I was thinking about this. Why not use focus and restraint instead, then you can get a hellfire amulet with the exalted soul passive, 50 more spirit is alot more dmg i would assume? the spirit regen would be nice to. I do see the whole unity thing falling apart but... is it worth it...?

I was thinking about this. Why not use focus and restraint instead, then you can get a hellfire amulet with the exalted soul passive, 50 more spirit is alot more dmg i would assume? the spirit regen would be nice to. I do see the whole unity thing falling apart but... is it worth it...?

It'll bring more damage to the build for sure. Losing Unity will hurt like hell though, I'm not sure you'll survive GRs past 70-75. :/ Let me know if it works for you though!

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor