Drueger

Entry lvl Mythic Rogue Qs

Sign in to follow this  

8 posts in this topic

So as my raid starts to progress into mythic (Strength in All @ Stormrage) and I don't have any other rogues on the team to talk to, I want to compare and contrast rotations/openers.  I've been pulling top 5 dps so I know I'm doing something right (69-80k DPS (W/ 726 Ilvl) depending on fight mechanics)(Also keeping near 100% uptimes on rupture and S&D) 

http://us.battle.net...öngers/advanced

Opener: Prep @ -10 sec, Pot + Slice&Dice ~1.5 sec, Shadow Reflect > Ring & Vanish > Rupture > Ambush until Subterfuge is done ( usually burn some CPs for an extra ambush)

Rotation after opener: dump CPs, pool energy until Find Weakness (FW) is nearly down, Shadow dance, Ambushes, wait for FW to go down, Vanish / Shadowmeld + Prep + Ambush (If vanish is 10+ seconds on CD)

Rinse and repeat.

So my main question here is it better to pair Shadow Reflection with ring or with Shadowmeld(EDIT: ShadowDance), I've experimented with both and they pull similar numbers.

Edited by Drueger

I'm no pro raider, but I believe it's better if you pair up everything, including Shadow Dance. It's your main burst, why would you not use it together with your other two main CDs?

http://www.wowhead.com/itemset=1256/felblade-armorbecause of the reset on Vanish, Shadow Dance gens a lot of Combo Points for the cd reduction, and you dont stack vanish and shadow dance b/c they serve the same purpose of amping dmg by applying Find Weakness (which allows you to bypass 100% of the boss's armor)

Stacking leads to a direct loss of uptime on the debuff which in turn is a dps loss

Edited by Drueger

Vanish works for an additional purpose of amplificating damage by itself due to T18 2PC. If you're pairing with your heaviest hitting skill (Ambush, due to trinket), you'll have a better DPS than just pushing Find Weakness duration. Even more, you'll have Vanish on a very short cooldown due to the amount of finishers you'll be dumping.

From what I've seen (and I'm doing accordingly, even if I don't have 4PC yet) goes like this:

Prem 12s > Snd + Pre Pot > Vanish + SR > Rupture > SD + Ring > Ambush up to ~7CP + Evisc > Rupture if down > SnD if down > Prep > Vanish > rinse and repeat, with some minor variations due to RNG and lag.

Perhaps Carrn can give you a better insight, since you two are in similar levels.

Edit for typos.

Edited by lipsinch

Using Vanish before the pull allows you to get off your entire Shadow Dance with the bonus damage. Stacking all of your cooldowns into Soul Capacitor will show you much better results.

Pull -12s: Premed
Pull -2s: SnD

Pull -1s: Prepot + Vanish

SR > Rupture + Ring > SD > Ambush/Evis rotation

Rupture is applied with the 5 combo points from Vanish, and your SR clone will copy it. 

Ring should be popped after your clone is out so it benefits from the damage as well. At some point around 3s left in your Shadow Dance you'll run out of energy for another Ambush - spend that gcd on Preparation to reset the cd on Vanish, then finish your Dance with Ambush. Assuming you use your second Vanish (after the Prep reset) properly, your second Vanish will let you have even more damage available to you going into your Ring detonation.

Make sure to watch and check that Soul Capacitor isn't up when your Ring is about to go off, or it will absorb all the damage and do nothing. For this reason you should have a /cancelaura Spirit Shift macro

The benefit of stacking is to do a metric asston of damage at once, because everything is multiplied together. You don't do a lot of damage outside of your cooldowns, so there's little to no benefit in keeping up Find Weakness any longer than your cooldowns are up for. That said, you should delay Vanish by up to 6s if SD will come off cooldown in that time, and up to 12s if SD and SR will both be available.

Alright, ill try the SD, Vanish stack, but dont you want to pop SR before Vanish? so it also gets the dmg buffs, not sure if there is an issue where the shadow does not get the tier dmg boost.

The clone doesn't get the tier damage boost because it doesn't have any tier pieces lol. It gains the bonus damage from the Ring because the Ring applies an aura to every ally in the area, and it's an ally unit

Thought I'd check, there are quite a few weird interactions in wow, btw raided last night and stacking the SD and Vanish leads to about the same dps except in larger chunks, which is much more preferable for some mechanics. Thanks for the help :D