Drueger

Entry lvl Mythic Rogue Qs

Sign in to follow this  

8 posts in this topic

So as my raid starts to progress into mythic (Strength in All @ Stormrage) and I don't have any other rogues on the team to talk to, I want to compare and contrast rotations/openers.  I've been pulling top 5 dps so I know I'm doing something right (69-80k DPS (W/ 726 Ilvl) depending on fight mechanics)(Also keeping near 100% uptimes on rupture and S&D) 

http://us.battle.net...öngers/advanced

Opener: Prep @ -10 sec, Pot + Slice&Dice ~1.5 sec, Shadow Reflect > Ring & Vanish > Rupture > Ambush until Subterfuge is done ( usually burn some CPs for an extra ambush)

Rotation after opener: dump CPs, pool energy until Find Weakness (FW) is nearly down, Shadow dance, Ambushes, wait for FW to go down, Vanish / Shadowmeld + Prep + Ambush (If vanish is 10+ seconds on CD)

Rinse and repeat.

So my main question here is it better to pair Shadow Reflection with ring or with Shadowmeld(EDIT: ShadowDance), I've experimented with both and they pull similar numbers.

Edited by Drueger

I'm no pro raider, but I believe it's better if you pair up everything, including Shadow Dance. It's your main burst, why would you not use it together with your other two main CDs?

http://www.wowhead.com/itemset=1256/felblade-armorbecause of the reset on Vanish, Shadow Dance gens a lot of Combo Points for the cd reduction, and you dont stack vanish and shadow dance b/c they serve the same purpose of amping dmg by applying Find Weakness (which allows you to bypass 100% of the boss's armor)

Stacking leads to a direct loss of uptime on the debuff which in turn is a dps loss

Edited by Drueger

Vanish works for an additional purpose of amplificating damage by itself due to T18 2PC. If you're pairing with your heaviest hitting skill (Ambush, due to trinket), you'll have a better DPS than just pushing Find Weakness duration. Even more, you'll have Vanish on a very short cooldown due to the amount of finishers you'll be dumping.

From what I've seen (and I'm doing accordingly, even if I don't have 4PC yet) goes like this:

Prem 12s > Snd + Pre Pot > Vanish + SR > Rupture > SD + Ring > Ambush up to ~7CP + Evisc > Rupture if down > SnD if down > Prep > Vanish > rinse and repeat, with some minor variations due to RNG and lag.

Perhaps Carrn can give you a better insight, since you two are in similar levels.

Edit for typos.

Edited by lipsinch

Using Vanish before the pull allows you to get off your entire Shadow Dance with the bonus damage. Stacking all of your cooldowns into Soul Capacitor will show you much better results.

Pull -12s: Premed
Pull -2s: SnD

Pull -1s: Prepot + Vanish

SR > Rupture + Ring > SD > Ambush/Evis rotation

Rupture is applied with the 5 combo points from Vanish, and your SR clone will copy it. 

Ring should be popped after your clone is out so it benefits from the damage as well. At some point around 3s left in your Shadow Dance you'll run out of energy for another Ambush - spend that gcd on Preparation to reset the cd on Vanish, then finish your Dance with Ambush. Assuming you use your second Vanish (after the Prep reset) properly, your second Vanish will let you have even more damage available to you going into your Ring detonation.

Make sure to watch and check that Soul Capacitor isn't up when your Ring is about to go off, or it will absorb all the damage and do nothing. For this reason you should have a /cancelaura Spirit Shift macro

The benefit of stacking is to do a metric asston of damage at once, because everything is multiplied together. You don't do a lot of damage outside of your cooldowns, so there's little to no benefit in keeping up Find Weakness any longer than your cooldowns are up for. That said, you should delay Vanish by up to 6s if SD will come off cooldown in that time, and up to 12s if SD and SR will both be available.

Alright, ill try the SD, Vanish stack, but dont you want to pop SR before Vanish? so it also gets the dmg buffs, not sure if there is an issue where the shadow does not get the tier dmg boost.

The clone doesn't get the tier damage boost because it doesn't have any tier pieces lol. It gains the bonus damage from the Ring because the Ring applies an aura to every ally in the area, and it's an ally unit

Thought I'd check, there are quite a few weird interactions in wow, btw raided last night and stacking the SD and Vanish leads to about the same dps except in larger chunks, which is much more preferable for some mechanics. Thanks for the help :D

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By BaBaWolters
      #Start NEXT EXPANSION
      #Successfull PVE Progress
      #Semi Hardcore (3 Days a Week)

Guild Concept

Fixed Progress-Raiding Timetable

Guildinvite by ROLE (Tank, Heal, Melee, Range DPS)

Server, Faction and Guild Name is still open

Active RAIDGUILD 50-60 Players

TWO TEAMS ONE PROGRESS
      Atleast Two 20 Player strong Teams will raid&progress on different Times over the Week .
      (Maybe one Nightraid & one Morningraid?)

RECRUITMENT:
      I m looking for People who are experienced with WoW and Raid-Guilds
      I m looking for People who want to Lead a Raid
      I m looking for People who want to be Officers and Architects
      I m looking for everyone who has fun to participate in this Idea
      I only want to play with People who are social and patient
      I only want to play with People who are focused and able to deal with critics

Become a part of the System
      --------------------------------

Wolters
    • By Stan

With 7.3 on the horizon, Blizzard did an official preview of new caster animations with videos and developer comments.
      Blizzard (Source)
      With patch 7.3 on the horizon, we thought it was time to share some updates to combat animations for several casting classes. Similar to what we did with the melee classes at the launch of Legion, these updates are all about priests, mages, Restoration and Elemental shaman, and some additional refinements to Restoration druid casting animations! We’re also continuing to work on even more enhancements for additional classes at a later point in development.
      A little over two years ago, we set our sights on revamping combat animations. The team has wanted to renovate it somehow, but what exactly does that mean? To determine the answer, our development leadership put together a small group of people to come up with a prototype of what we thought could use some cleaning up. You are currently experiencing the fruits of this work with the new melee animations. Our final goal was to create new melee moves that would make the game feel better, but not change how the game was played. During this prototype phase, we also came up with a plan for casters, but didn’t have time to put it into production until now. Let’s dig into some of the things we did.
      We hope you enjoyed this behind-the-scenes look at the new caster visual updates. We had lots of fun creating all these animations and effects and look forward to hearing your thoughts on them.
    • By Stan

In Patch 7.3, Blizzard will be increasing the difficulty and rewards from dungeons across the board. The changes help keep dungeons relevant even at the end of the expansion.
      The following changes will be effective when Patch 7.3 goes live:
      Normal Difficulty
      Item level 845 (up from 825). Heroic Difficulty
      Item level 865 (up from 845). Mythic Difficulty
      Item level 885 (up from 865). Mythic Keystone
      Loot item level will be increased only after Antorus the Burning Throne raid opens. World Bosses
      Loot from old world bosses remains at 860. Loot from Broken Shore world bosses remains at 900. Loot from Argus world bosses in Greater Invasion Points is at 930.
    • By Stan

Our returing player guide is stuffed with relevant information for players that haven't played WoW for a  while and they'd like to give it a go in 7.3.
      If you haven't played WoW for a while, we have a guide for you with all relevant information.
      The main goal of the guide is to keep it short and simple.
      General Tips
      In Patch 7.3, the 3rd relic slot will be unlocked immediately once you reach 110 and there's no need to complete individual campaigns all over again. (Source) You can forget about the Broken Shore content. Artifact Knowledge is now shared. All player start at AK Level 41 and will automatically gain 1 AK Level per week. Only one new Legendary item is added in 7.3. Any player that defeats Argus the Unmaker can get Insignia of the Grand Army. It's rewarded from the quest called The Death of a Titan. More details about the Netherlight Crucible can be found here. Two new factions are added in Patch 7.3: Argussian Reach & Army of the Light, both having new emissary quests. A new Heirloom with an interesting affix was added to the game.  Man'ari Training Amulet. Sacrifice 10% HP to gain 40% increased movement speed for 10 seconds. There are no plans to enable Draenor flying for those that haven't unlocked Draenor Pathfinder. Patch 7.3 Content Rollout
      Not all 7.3 content will be available on day 1.From the latest developer Q/A, the content rollout should look like this:
      Week 1
      Krokuun and the first two chapters of the Argus story will unlock.   Players will be able to unlock Krokuun World Quests. Week 2
      The second Argus zone Mac'Aree will become available and with it the third and fourth chapter of the Argus story. Once you progress through those chapters, you will gain access to Mac'aree World Quests, Kil'jaeden's Terrace World Quests and Western Mac'Aree World Quests. Invasion Points will also open. Week 3
      The last week marks the opening of Argus's last zone, Antoran Wastes. Players will gain access to Antoran Wastes World Quests, the Netherlight Crucible and the new dungeon - Seat of the Triumvirate. All you need to know at this point is that Argus has three zones and once you finish the story in each zone, you will gain access to world quests.
      Reputation Catch-up
      We datamined two Bind-to-Account items related to reputation catch-up with Broken Isles & Argus factions. Sources remain unknown for now. Nathrezim Tome of Manipulation increases rep gains with Broken Isles factions by 200% for 2 hours. The item's intended for alts and doesn't work past level 109. Demon's Soulstone can only be used on Argus and the item increases your reputation standing by 1,000 with all factions. It's good for catching up reputation with the Nightfallen. Gear Catch-up
      New Relinquished items are being added in 7.3 with a base item level of 910. (Source) All items can be purchased for 650 Veiled Argunite (a new currency from Argus World Quests). Crafted gear is now ilvl 885 and can be upgraded with Primal Sargerite via Primal Obliterum up to item level 935. Old crafted gear can't be upgraded.You can disenchant it into Chaos Crystal. There's a new shoulder enchant on Argus that will help you farm Primal Sargerite. More information can be found here. Dungeons have had their ilvl increased by 20 item levels on every difficulty. Normal: ilvl 845 (was 825) Heroic: ilvl 865 (was 845) Mythic: ilvl 885 (was 865) World Quest rewards scale up to item level 895. (Source) With the introduction of the Netherlight Crucible, you can now target specific relic types. Antorus the Burning Throne
      The raid won't open immediately with 7.3, but at a later point (probably in Patch 7.3.5). Once Antorus opens, Legendary items will have a base item level of 1,000. (Source) For more information about Patch 7.3, check out our Argus hub.
    • By FoxShine
      Hello! This is Fox from Velocity. We're a not-so-hardcore MORNING Mythic raiding guild on Sargeras. Currently 1/9M, 9/9H ToS. Last tier we reached 7/10M NH in the two months leading up to ToS. Now we'll be focusing on Mythic ToS progression. A fun fact about us, since were a morning guild we actually got 2 realm 1st's on Heroic. Worldwide our H Goroth kill was 15th, and Demonic Inquisition was 8th (according to wowprogress). Were looking for good and reliable players for our roster, mainly DPS, who can learn the fights quickly and attend our early raid times. 
      [A] <Velocity> 1/9M 9/9H (7/10M) - MORNING raid LFM
      Raid Times: 10am-1pm CST | Tues/Wed/Thurs / Mon(Opt/Alt)[/quote]

Looking for:
      Currently Need
      Ranged - Mage, Ele Sham, Hunter, Warlock, Boomkin
      Melee - Rogue, Ret Pally, Warrior, Demon Hunter
      Would consider
      Healer - Resto Sham, Holy Pal, Disc Priest.
      Tank - Flex Bear
        Requirements: 
      Item Lvl:  915+/-
      Exp:  9/9H (Pref), 8/9H ok

*Specific classes are listed above as preference. However, any class is welcomed! We will consider anyone who is willing to join and can commit to our raid times, we may also make exceptions if you are under the requirements.

Expectations:
      We’re not super hardcore, we like having fun, but we do have high standards; so we expect our raiders to play their class well, come prepared, FOLLOW MECHANICS, have a sense of humor (or not) and adapt quickly. Prior Mythic raiding experience is a plus, though not necessary if you're a fast learner. 
      Due to our morning raid times, we encourage everybody to communicate about attendance via Calendar invites, Discord channels, or through tells with an officer. It’s important to know who will be available week-by-week so we can make arrangements for raid days. This is necessary to avoid setbacks and keep up with progression! We are very understanding when someone needs to post-out. Schedules change, things come up and real life always comes first. All we ask is for a heads up!
        Perks: Feasts, Codex, Spirit Cauldrons, near-unlimited guild repairs, and the occasional gem or enchants. We run alt raids and Mythic+ 15s with each other each week. We're a tight-knit guild, who's always joking around and helping each other out. We also play other games together outside of WoW, like Overwatch, SC2, Heroes, Diablo, Dota2, LoL and whatever else.

Additional Info: The morning slot is kind of niche, so it’s important we find players who are dedicated and realistic with their schedules.
      Our Officers are veteran players who have experience raiding at high levels, as well as a majority of our core players. We want to uphold a certain level of standard, the point being that we can joke and have fun while getting stuff done.
      If we sound like a good fit, let us know! Leave a reply here, send us a tell on BNET or in game. Or be old school and send an in-game mail! Thanks for reading, and we hope to hear from you soon! =D

Fox#1713
      Peach#1423 
      Ezmaya#1410