Abilash

Comparing the best enh shaman

8 posts in this topic

Hi

I came to learn that icy veins guides are now certified as the best from the best ( kudos ). And the first thing I did was look up the best enh shaman noted in the article as purge. When I looked up his gemming I am totally confused. I thought agi was the main gemming requirement for enh shaman but Purge has only haste and very little agi.

Can any one explain how it helps and if it is a high level trick I would like to understand how I/anyone can learn off from it.

How does it improve DPS... haste???? !!!!

Edited by Abilash

1) Purge has a 531 ilvl, which means he has almost full heroic T15 gear. Even without gemming for agility, he has almost 19,000 unbuffed. The stat priorities on Icy-Veins are usually tuned around high-end raid gear and might not always be the best solution for your situation.

2) You get more of the secondary stats from gems than you do primary stats, by a 2:1 ratio. 320 Haste on a yellow gem takes the place of 160 Agi from a red gem, or 80 Agi and 160 Haste from an orange gem (IIRC). If 2 Haste is better for DPS than 1 Agi, then it's better to gem straight haste. Also, Enhancement mail has a ton of yellow sockets in it.

3) Playing properly and using trinket procs, potions, etc. properly gives you a much bigger DPS increase than simply using the right gems, anyway. The very best players could probably do whatever they wanted and still stomp the meters.

Edited by Tarazet

Hi

I came to learn that icy veins guides are now certified as the best from the best ( kudos ). And the first thing I did was look up the best enh shaman noted in the article as purge. When I looked up his gemming I am totally confused. I thought agi was the main gemming requirement for enh shaman but Purge has only haste and very little agi.

Can any one explain how it helps and if it is a high level trick I would like to understand how I/anyone can learn off from it.

How does it improve DPS... haste???? !!!!

I wanted to add something to what Tarazet already said. In our Enhancement Shaman guides, you will notice that we give two statistic priorities and two gemming strategies, depending on whether you have RPPM trinkets or not. In the case of Purge, he does have RPPM trinkets and his gemming strategy is exactly what we are advising for players with RPPM trinkets.

RPPM stands for "Real Procs per Minute" and refers to trinkets which have a random proc chance to give you a significant buff.

I found this explaining how haste helps in proc..http://us.battle.net...ic/6893549789#1

on a side note. I didnt execpt this but this post got 240+ views.. Quite an achivement for me :)

So basically if you have really high enough gear haste helps with procs that helps in dps. So the question now is how do we know how much AGI is enough for a enh shaman? Is there a number that you can say is the maximum agi you need. after that move the rest to other stats

Edited by Abilash

So the question now is how do we know how much AGI is enough for a enh shaman? Is there a number that you can say is the maximum agi you need.

This question is rarely easy to pin an answer to for most classes. At a very high ilvl, you have to do very personal math to find out when enough is enough. Many great damage dealers have to do a lot of personal math to squeeze a little more damage out of their gear.

I do not have a geared enhancement shaman but I presume that once you start entering the tier of heroic gear, you can experiment and find out what agility level works best for you, but it regretfully might not be accurate for another shaman due to different item choices and opportunities.

How much Stamina is enough for a tank? Generally, enough to survive the biggest unavoidable hit. How much main stat is enough for a DPS? That's harder to say. It's just one coefficient of several, and while you can use a priority list to say "this stat will improve your performance by X% and this one by X%", every build is compromised in some way. There will always be better builds for some situations against others.

Just to give one example: let's say you are a Retribution Paladin, and your 10-man raid composition somehow managed to not have any class that can apply ability_warrior_sunder.jpgWeakened Armor. Normally, you will stack Haste in T15 gear. But if you don't get the extra 12% armor penetration from that debuff, it's going to impact the damage from your white hits and you might stack Strength or Mastery instead to compensate by boosting your Holy Power attacks.