Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Damien

Demon Hunter FoK with Legacy of Nightmares

17 posts in this topic

Hi there,

Looking for a break from Multishot build, I tried this one and failed miserably. Right now I do not have the forteress ballista so I used calamity instead. But my main problem is hatred management. Vengeance rune of choice is Dark heart as recommended, and no gear slot is dedicated to resource reduction. So I can strafe for like 10-15s before running dry. What did I miss here?

On 8/5/2016 at 4:42 PM, Guest Ngoc Yen said:

Hi there,

Looking for a break from Multishot build, I tried this one and failed miserably. Right now I do not have the forteress ballista so I used calamity instead. But my main problem is hatred management. Vengeance rune of choice is Dark heart as recommended, and no gear slot is dedicated to resource reduction. So I can strafe for like 10-15s before running dry. What did I miss here?

Heya - do you make a point to shoot Evasive Fire frequently enough? The build punctuates Strafe with Evasive Fire basically every other second, it's the only way to maintain Hatred. Shift (default keybind to stand still) + Left click to Evasive Fire while still holding Strafe is how most high ranking players do it; it takes a little getting used to, but has a rhythm to it that's easy to follow once you get the hang of it.

Thanks for the tips Deadset.

Unfortunately I'm on PS4 so I guess that it will be the old Taeguk story again.

Btw, unrelated to this build, but I think it might help a lot if you could point out which build is not viable for PS4. For example I learned the Corruption bug too late before my stock of legendary material is burnt out while trying to apply Carnevil build on WD.

On 8/12/2016 at 5:43 PM, Guest Ngocyen said:

Thanks for the tips Deadset.

Unfortunately I'm on PS4 so I guess that it will be the old Taeguk story again.

Btw, unrelated to this build, but I think it might help a lot if you could point out which build is not viable for PS4. For example I learned the Corruption bug too late before my stock of legendary material is burnt out while trying to apply Carnevil build on WD.

Heya - noted! I'll make a point to include something like 'not console friendly' early on in the description of future builds.

Using this build feels like fishing for the right rift and then realizing if you didn't keep moving over the whole thing or decided to finish off the last bit of hp on an elite mob you fall short of time.

On 10/8/2016 at 4:22 AM, Guest Kev said:

Using this build feels like fishing for the right rift and then realizing if you didn't keep moving over the whole thing or decided to finish off the last bit of hp on an elite mob you fall short of time.

There's no secret that this build definitely needs to fish. It's a very particular style of play and something that I, personally, don't enjoy.

i have tried this build although i dont have a full set ancient i still have 9 parts inluding ancient rings but the build seems to fail massively on damage i just dont know what i am doing wrong i guess back to the multishot build for me until i work out what is wrong

On 10/20/2016 at 8:16 PM, Guest legacy of nightmares said:

i have tried this build although i dont have a full set ancient i still have 9 parts inluding ancient rings but the build seems to fail massively on damage i just dont know what i am doing wrong i guess back to the multishot build for me until i work out what is wrong

This build is all about stacking mobs until you can FoN. It's your biggest damage dealer by a mile. If you're not pulling off big FoNs, you won't succeed with this build unfortunately.

To add to that, you have to keep in mind that every piece of gear that is NOT ancient is hurting the Leagcy of Nightmares bonus massively. A rule of thumb is to avoid pushing GRs until wearing 10 ancient pieces at the bare minimum, for any LoN spec.

ran the 100% stat priority gear given by how its on the list and you have about 5 crit chance(10 with paragon) while having 560% crit damage (610% with paragon) so unless you can keep yourself bellow 25% health your crits wont really be there http://www.d3planner.com/679215688

First off I just wanted to say thank you for taking the time and effort to post this info. I would like to ask if you could possibly list some alternative gear for some of the slots. I do not have a Fortress Ballista so I am using a K'mar Tenclip in its place. Is that fine or would you recommend something else? Also, I do not have the Irontoe Mudsplitters yet. Using Ice Climbers because thats the only non set boots I have besides Firewalkers. Any suggestions on that slot as well? I am trying to recreate each DH set. I have 4 max level DHs and have 3 of sets complete. This set and the Shadow set I'm still working on. For ease of play the Marauder and the Hallowed sets are my favorite. This set as stated by others is proving troublesome due to getting used to the mechanics. Still can't seem to push past Grift 65 though. Well, thanks again. 

On 12/26/2016 at 4:14 PM, Guest darknoll said:

ran the 100% stat priority gear given by how its on the list and you have about 5 crit chance(10 with paragon) while having 560% crit damage (610% with paragon) so unless you can keep yourself bellow 25% health your crits wont really be there http://www.d3planner.com/679215688

Quoted from guide:

The signature oddity of the build is the use of Shi Mizu's Haori Shi Mizu's Haori, allowing you to always crit as long as you stay below its unique property life range. The build drops any and all forms of life sustain, strives to take an initial burst of damage to get to Shi Mizu's Haori Shi Mizu's Haori's range, and remains there as long as it can (no grabbing of health globes or using health pots).

That is how it is meant to be.

On 1/6/2017 at 9:06 PM, SGTSNAFU said:

This set as stated by others is proving troublesome due to getting used to the mechanics. Still can't seem to push past Grift 65 though. Well, thanks again. 

It's an incredibly difficult playstyle to get used to, for sure. I personally hate it.

As for slot suggestions, simply your best stat-stick piece is ideal to fill until you get the required pieces.

Umm Just out of curiosity, Isn't Fan of Knives and Vengeance on the same tree this season? I don't think you can have both of those talents?

4 minutes ago, Guest Sketchykrow said:

Umm Just out of curiosity, Isn't Fan of Knives and Vengeance on the same tree this season? I don't think you can have both of those talents?

You can, though the option to be able to do so is disabled by default.  In the Options > Gameplay menu is an option called "Elective Mode" which allows you to put any skill on any action slot (1, 2, 3, 4, LMB, RMB) so long as it is not mutually exclusive with other abilities (such as Monk Mantras, which are explicitly 1 only).

Wouldn't it just be straight up better to roll the cube into the Obsidian ring which reduces cooldown by 1 second to a random skill? 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0