Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Damien

LoN FoK Demon Hunter

24 posts in this topic

This thread is for comments about our LoN FoK Demon Hunter Build Guide.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi there,

Looking for a break from Multishot build, I tried this one and failed miserably. Right now I do not have the forteress ballista so I used calamity instead. But my main problem is hatred management. Vengeance rune of choice is Dark heart as recommended, and no gear slot is dedicated to resource reduction. So I can strafe for like 10-15s before running dry. What did I miss here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/5/2016 at 4:42 PM, Guest Ngoc Yen said:

Hi there,

Looking for a break from Multishot build, I tried this one and failed miserably. Right now I do not have the forteress ballista so I used calamity instead. But my main problem is hatred management. Vengeance rune of choice is Dark heart as recommended, and no gear slot is dedicated to resource reduction. So I can strafe for like 10-15s before running dry. What did I miss here?

Heya - do you make a point to shoot Evasive Fire frequently enough? The build punctuates Strafe with Evasive Fire basically every other second, it's the only way to maintain Hatred. Shift (default keybind to stand still) + Left click to Evasive Fire while still holding Strafe is how most high ranking players do it; it takes a little getting used to, but has a rhythm to it that's easy to follow once you get the hang of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the tips Deadset.

Unfortunately I'm on PS4 so I guess that it will be the old Taeguk story again.

Btw, unrelated to this build, but I think it might help a lot if you could point out which build is not viable for PS4. For example I learned the Corruption bug too late before my stock of legendary material is burnt out while trying to apply Carnevil build on WD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/12/2016 at 5:43 PM, Guest Ngocyen said:

Thanks for the tips Deadset.

Unfortunately I'm on PS4 so I guess that it will be the old Taeguk story again.

Btw, unrelated to this build, but I think it might help a lot if you could point out which build is not viable for PS4. For example I learned the Corruption bug too late before my stock of legendary material is burnt out while trying to apply Carnevil build on WD.

Heya - noted! I'll make a point to include something like 'not console friendly' early on in the description of future builds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Using this build feels like fishing for the right rift and then realizing if you didn't keep moving over the whole thing or decided to finish off the last bit of hp on an elite mob you fall short of time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/8/2016 at 4:22 AM, Guest Kev said:

Using this build feels like fishing for the right rift and then realizing if you didn't keep moving over the whole thing or decided to finish off the last bit of hp on an elite mob you fall short of time.

There's no secret that this build definitely needs to fish. It's a very particular style of play and something that I, personally, don't enjoy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i have tried this build although i dont have a full set ancient i still have 9 parts inluding ancient rings but the build seems to fail massively on damage i just dont know what i am doing wrong i guess back to the multishot build for me until i work out what is wrong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/20/2016 at 8:16 PM, Guest legacy of nightmares said:

i have tried this build although i dont have a full set ancient i still have 9 parts inluding ancient rings but the build seems to fail massively on damage i just dont know what i am doing wrong i guess back to the multishot build for me until i work out what is wrong

This build is all about stacking mobs until you can FoN. It's your biggest damage dealer by a mile. If you're not pulling off big FoNs, you won't succeed with this build unfortunately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To add to that, you have to keep in mind that every piece of gear that is NOT ancient is hurting the Leagcy of Nightmares bonus massively. A rule of thumb is to avoid pushing GRs until wearing 10 ancient pieces at the bare minimum, for any LoN spec.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ran the 100% stat priority gear given by how its on the list and you have about 5 crit chance(10 with paragon) while having 560% crit damage (610% with paragon) so unless you can keep yourself bellow 25% health your crits wont really be there http://www.d3planner.com/679215688

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First off I just wanted to say thank you for taking the time and effort to post this info. I would like to ask if you could possibly list some alternative gear for some of the slots. I do not have a Fortress Ballista so I am using a K'mar Tenclip in its place. Is that fine or would you recommend something else? Also, I do not have the Irontoe Mudsplitters yet. Using Ice Climbers because thats the only non set boots I have besides Firewalkers. Any suggestions on that slot as well? I am trying to recreate each DH set. I have 4 max level DHs and have 3 of sets complete. This set and the Shadow set I'm still working on. For ease of play the Marauder and the Hallowed sets are my favorite. This set as stated by others is proving troublesome due to getting used to the mechanics. Still can't seem to push past Grift 65 though. Well, thanks again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/26/2016 at 4:14 PM, Guest darknoll said:

ran the 100% stat priority gear given by how its on the list and you have about 5 crit chance(10 with paragon) while having 560% crit damage (610% with paragon) so unless you can keep yourself bellow 25% health your crits wont really be there http://www.d3planner.com/679215688

Quoted from guide:

Quote

The signature oddity of the build is the use of Shi Mizu's Haori Shi Mizu's Haori, allowing you to always crit as long as you stay below its unique property life range. The build drops any and all forms of life sustain, strives to take an initial burst of damage to get to Shi Mizu's Haori Shi Mizu's Haori's range, and remains there as long as it can (no grabbing of health globes or using health pots).

That is how it is meant to be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/6/2017 at 9:06 PM, SGTSNAFU said:

This set as stated by others is proving troublesome due to getting used to the mechanics. Still can't seem to push past Grift 65 though. Well, thanks again. 

It's an incredibly difficult playstyle to get used to, for sure. I personally hate it.

As for slot suggestions, simply your best stat-stick piece is ideal to fill until you get the required pieces.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Umm Just out of curiosity, Isn't Fan of Knives and Vengeance on the same tree this season? I don't think you can have both of those talents?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Guest Sketchykrow said:

Umm Just out of curiosity, Isn't Fan of Knives and Vengeance on the same tree this season? I don't think you can have both of those talents?

You can, though the option to be able to do so is disabled by default.  In the Options > Gameplay menu is an option called "Elective Mode" which allows you to put any skill on any action slot (1, 2, 3, 4, LMB, RMB) so long as it is not mutually exclusive with other abilities (such as Monk Mantras, which are explicitly 1 only).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wouldn't it just be straight up better to roll the cube into the Obsidian ring which reduces cooldown by 1 second to a random skill? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a really interesting build @Deadset...thanks. I'm fairly new to D3RoS, and have only run one character (DH) using a Cluster Arrow build which is basically all about staying far away and full of health! This FoK build is quite the opposite, and that's why I love it.

Very hard to avoid collecting health globes, especially when they're next to a purple rift globe. Also, only good for solo unless everyone is avoiding health globes too. ;)

When you get in the zone though, the FoK with the 1200% stacked proc kicks butt. I've done a T8/35 straight off the bat, and gradually building as I learn the routine and get in the rhythm.

Since the gear I have is all I can find, and naturally I'm rolling them the best I can to avoid life / globes / armour etc., I've sometimes had to settle for thorns damage as the lesser of many evils.

I wonder if you think this is worthwhile for thorns? It is a sort of damage, but not ideal for DH I suppose. Better that that +8000 life per kill though, haha!

Also, how (apart from avoiding health) can I stay near death (under 23% in my case because of the roll for shi muzi) without dying?

Thanks very muchly!

 

Edited by Fiddybux
typos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/22/2017 at 11:46 PM, Guest Joofy said:

Wouldn't it just be straight up better to roll the cube into the Obsidian ring which reduces cooldown by 1 second to a random skill? 

 

Why do you feel that would be better?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/7/2017 at 10:41 PM, Fiddybux said:

I wonder if you think this is worthwhile for thorns? It is a sort of damage, but not ideal for DH I suppose. Better that that +8000 life per kill though, haha!

It's definitely not worth aiming for specifically - it doesn't really have that same Invoker's amazing synergy that the Crusader Thorns build does. If it's all you can get, go for it, but it's definitely not the best!

On 2/7/2017 at 10:41 PM, Fiddybux said:

Also, how (apart from avoiding health) can I stay near death (under 23% in my case because of the roll for shi muzi) without dying?

Picking mobs to stand near or cloak near can be useful. Choosing smaller mobs, standing in certain things on purpose (smaller hitting effects like taking 1 hit of poison etc.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/10/2017 at 3:32 PM, Guest Fjord said:

Legacy of Nightmares isnt working currently....

What do you mean?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why not use The Witching Hour for the belt slot? Does it do less damage than Thundergod's Vigour?

I'm aware that the attack speed roll drains your hatred faster, but that can be rolled away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So despite having 0 healing stat and taking all healing abilities off of my follower my health seems to be continually increasing without picking up health globes. Thus I can't maintain the 23% hp to proc my Shi Meizu. Any ideas why?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

  Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Vlad
      This thread is for comments about our Destruction Warlock PvP guide for Legion.
    • By Stan

      The first Season of the Necromancer begins today and it's time to start anew!
      Blizzard's celebrating Season 11 launch with a giveaway on Wishpond.
      When does Season 11 start?
      Season 11 begins Thursday, July 20, at 5:00 p.m. PDT in North America, 5:00 p.m. CEST in Europe, and 5:00 p.m. KST in Asia. For help with time zones, check out this site.
      Diablo 3 Guides
      Our guide section has been updated for the latest Season.
      Leveling Guides
      Our leveling and fresh 70 guides will help you through the leveling process.
      Barbarian Leveling Guide (Season 11) Crusader Leveling Guide (Season 11) Demon Hunter Leveling Guide (Season 11) Monk Leveling Leveling Guide (Season 11) Necromancer Leveling Guide (Season 11) Witch Doctor Leveling Guide (Season 11) Wizard Leveling Guide (Season 11) End Game Guides
      Every class also has diferent end game builds and solo/group variations.
      Barbarian Builds (Season 11) Crusader Builds (Season 11) Demon Hunter Builds (Season 11) Monk Builds (Season 11) Necromancer Builds (Season 11) Witch Doctor Builds (Season 11) Wizard Builds (Season 11) Haedrig's Gift Sets
      Barbarian – Wrath of the Wastes Crusader – Roland’s Legacy Demon Hunter – Unhallowed Essence Monk – Raiment of a Thousand Storms Necromancer – Bones of Rathma Witch Doctor – Helltooth Harness Wizard – Tal Rasha’s Elements More information about Cosmetic items and Conquests can be found here and Patch 2.6.0 patch notes were published in this thread. We wish you luck Nephalem!
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Inarius Skeletons Necromancer build guide.
    • By Starym

       
      The double XP weekend just ended today and now we get a new patch! This small patch fixes a number of issues, like anniversary transmogs not working properly, Rift progress orbs spawning closer to enemies, new Necromancer portraits and a few more minor fixes.
      Patch 2.6.0a - v2.6.0.46494 (source)
      Important: Please note that you will not be prompted to download Patch 2.6.0a until the patch is live in your home region. If you are logging in from a European or Asian client, you will need to wait for this patch to release in that region before it can be installed. Additionally, if your home region is in the Americas, you will be unable to log into Europe or Asia using Global Play after Patch 2.6.0a is live until those regions have also patched.

      Diablo III Patch 2.6.0a - v2.6.0.46494

      Visit our Bug Report forum for a list of known issues.

      If you are experiencing technical issues with the patching process, connecting to Blizzard Services after installing the patch, or errors while playing a newly-patched game, please visit our support site or post in the Technical Support forum for assistance.

      General Fixed a number of string corrections in German and Chinese localization clients Fixed an issue where the special items from the Diablo Anniversary dungeon had lost their unique appearance, icons, and associated transmogs Players who previously had these transmogs should have them once again after the patch deploys
      Adventure Mode When defeating enemies in Rifts, progress orbs that spawn will now be closer to the defeated enemy
      Items Moribund Gauntlets The audio for Moribund Gauntlets has been adjusted to be quieter
      Necromancer Necromancer portraits have been updated The existing portraits in game were intended to be placeholders, but weren't properly updated with the final patch. This is now resolved. Previous hotfixes (July 7).