Blainie

Legacy Server Meeting with Blizzard!

Sign in to follow this  

13 posts in this topic

VCZss8f.jpg

Mark Kern recently had his meeting with Blizzard regarding legacy servers. Check out what he had to say afterwards!

While this isn't the official meeting between Blizzard and the team of Nostalrius, Mark Kern has been a huge presence in the push for legacy servers. As a former employee, he worked on WoW as the team lead and helped to complete many other titles for Blizzard. 

Some of you might remember his open letter to Blizzard, in which he openly asked for a meeting with Mike Morhaime. This has finally come true and, while Mark is bound to an NDA, he gave a huge recount of some of the points on Twitter. You can check out his tweets directly on his Twitter, or read a transcript of everything he wrote below:

First, Blizzard and Mike can make NO PROMISES about legacy servers. But, the amount they have been paying attention is incredible.

But first, how about some pictures of the @NostalBegins petition that YOU GUYS SIGNED, being delivered to Blizzard?

Cja5FaRUYAM8PYa.jpg

I promised you that if the petition hit 200k sigs that I would go to the CEO of Blizzard and deliver the petition. I'm proud to say its done

I was very happy to be able to fulfill my part...the meeting was an extra bonus, and I can say I'm happy. No promises, but we talked about everything you guys brought up. We talked about how there are two fandoms in WoW, classic and new, and both vital.

We talked about how you guys wanted vanilla servers, as they were, with few or little changes, esp no LFR stuff etc. We talked about the surveys and how you guys would absolutely support a vanilla CE with physical and digital goods. We talked about how I felt bringing a core "first-gen" audience of WoW players would help even the current-gen WoW.

We talked about each and every point you guys brought up. And heres the kicker... They KNEW EVERYTHING ALREADY. Mike and the WoW team has been paying HUGE attention to this issue.
Mike has read all the posts. He's watched all the videos (even mine, lol). He wanted to tell you HE AND WOW TEAM ARE LISTENING SERIOUSLY.

It was a bigger meeting than expected, I was met by SaraLyn Smith, the Gobal Director cf Community Development who joined us, she took copious notes during the meeting as Mike and I talked about you guys, the passion for vanilla, etc.

The WoW Team and Mike are paying extremely close attention to this and wanted to let you guys know they are paying a lot of attention.

Also, they were very enthusiastic about meeting the @NostalBegins team. Mike was super impressed with what they and MaNGOS have accomplished

Mke and the WoW team are eager to meet with @NostalBegins and to learn about how they overcame technical issues and got things running.

I can confirm: They have NOT LOST THE SOURCE CODE. But the technical issues are more complicated than that.

Mike and I talked about the technical challenges and I agree that for Blizzard, the challenge is greater than just throwing up a server.

Mike and WoW are committed to a very high level of qualty and polish. That makes everything more complicated when considering legacy.

Mike and the WoW team want to LISTEN to @NostalBegins perspective on vanilla and the technical issues they faced.

Mike says there are no easy solutions to this, but that they are listening very intently and following everything you guys say.

Mike and WoW team are also eager to meet with @NostalBegins and recognized they are GOOD GUYS with PASSION and they love that.

So to sum up, while they can make no promises, they are going to continue to think and regroup and be in LISTEN mode to you guys.

Finally, I'd like to share a pic that shows Mike and I still have a sense of humor after all these years...

Cja_S4gUoAAqdcJ.jpg

Look, Blizzard made no promises, but my personal belief is that the level of attention they gave this is incredible and I'm more hopeful. Blizzard is going to have an extensive meeting with @NostalBegins to go over technical details and their perpsective

Now that you know they are listening so closely. Don't stop asking for it, don't stop making suggestions. @NostalBegins

You need to show Blizzard that this isn't just nostagia a one time thing. Get organized, have a Blizzcon group with T-shirts. @NostalBegins

Before, I put our changes at 50/50. My personal belief, is that our chances are higher now. Again, PERSONAL belief. @NostalBegins

So, while he can't give us specific details, it seems he is coming out of this meeting feeling extremely positive. Much more will be discussed with the Nostalrius team, but this is still a huge step forward. For those of you supporting the legacy movement, I'm sure you'll be feeling much happier after this!

It's all very exciting, I'd personally love to see them. Although I'd end up so addicted to WoW my real life would probably suffer. RiP IRL.

12 minutes ago, Zabian said:

It's all very exciting, I'd personally love to see them. Although I'd end up so addicted to WoW my real life would probably suffer. RiP IRL.

I remember being a young kid and being so happy that I managed to level from 34-36 in one school night. I feel like RL would probably suffer if I could do it again :p

2 hours ago, gurupak said:

Why can't we move forward and play the Legion.... Please!

We can, and we are. Legion and vanilla servers are not mutually exclusive. We will still have Legion, and a lot of people (including myself) will play them. But at the same time, we would have vanilla servers for the people that DON'T like the current game, and I'm sure there are a lot of people like myself that will play both.

2 hours ago, Plaguestorm said:

mabye putting #youthinkyoudobutyoudont to laugh at them is not a good idea <_< come on

Mike actually commented that he didn't mind the hashtag, so maybe it wasn't that bad :p

1 hour ago, Cerune said:

We can, and we are. Legion and vanilla servers are not mutually exclusive. We will still have Legion, and a lot of people (including myself) will play them. But at the same time, we would have vanilla servers for the people that DON'T like the current game, and I'm sure there are a lot of people like myself that will play both.

I do wonder what the actual costs to Legion would be for Legacy. It would be interesting to see if introducing legacy, for example, would push back content patches by a few months to allow proper work on both projects. We'll see in time!

I like that Blizzard seems to be taking the idea of legacy servers seriously.  Personally, I like the game where it is now but I do remember the excitement of vanilla.  I can see how people would want to play that way and it would be awesome if blizzard would allow to have servers set to vanilla and then some for each expac. 

2 hours ago, Blainie said:

I do wonder what the actual costs to Legion would be for Legacy. It would be interesting to see if introducing legacy, for example, would push back content patches by a few months to allow proper work on both projects. We'll see in time!

I don't think the implementation of legacy servers will affect the development of Legion in any way, as once the servers are up and running and the game is stable, that's it. You don't need to pour manpower into development for legacy servers because it's content that has already been developed.

2 minutes ago, Cerune said:

I don't think the implementation of legacy servers will affect the development of Legion in any way, as once the servers are up and running and the game is stable, that's it. You don't need to pour manpower into development for legacy servers because it's content that has already been developed.

True, but how long will it to take to actually implement them? How much work will it require? Obviously only they know, I just think it would be interesting to see how much of the Legion team they would sacrifice. It would most likely be more on the side of the framework development and bug fixing teams, rather than the designers.

On 5/27/2016 at 8:46 PM, Darkjester79 said:

I like that Blizzard seems to be taking the idea of legacy servers seriously.  Personally, I like the game where it is now but I do remember the excitement of vanilla.  I can see how people would want to play that way and it would be awesome if blizzard would allow to have servers set to vanilla and then some for each expac. 

That is the main problem, where does it stop? if they give the players this vanilla server, it won't take long before everyone cries out that they want a burning crusade server, and what possible reason could they have to deny this? it would be the same argument as for the vanilla servers right now. And why stop there? Again there will be people who desperately want a wotlk server, but 50% of those only want a wotlk server with patch 3.1 (or whatever patch ulduar was)

What i would like is, if they were doing cycles.

Lets say a server goes online, patch 1.0, 3 months after that they deploy patch 1.1 and so on. Maybe adjust the patch duration if there is more ore less raid content, so that at the latest, the final patch goes "live" 1 year after the opening of the server. Shortly after that a new server opens with patch 1.0 and the cycle continues.

But the biggest problem i see with all of this is: "why is this mechanic buggy? they fixed it years ago, i demand a fully BUG FREE vanilla experience!" - and if they start doing that, we won't get new content anymore :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Venkx said:

That is the main problem, where does it stop? if they give the players this vanilla server, it won't take long before everyone cries out that they want a burning crusade server, and what possible reason could they have to deny this? it would be the same argument as for the vanilla servers right now. And why stop there? Again there will be people who desperately want a wotlk server, but 50% of those only want a wotlk server with patch 3.1 (or whatever patch ulduar was)

Lets say a server goes online, patch 1.0, 3 months after that they deploy patch 1.1 and so on. Maybe adjust the patch duration if there is more ore less raid content, so that at the latest, the final patch goes "live" 1 year after the opening of the server. Shortly after that a new server opens with patch 1.0 and the cycle continues.

But the biggest problem i see with all of this is: "why is this mechanic buggy? they fixed it years ago, i demand a fully BUG FREE vanilla experience!" - and if they start doing that, we won't get new content anymore :D

This was one of the options that Mark said he was going to propose to Mike, so who knows? Maybe this will be the model we will see :p

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 3:03 PM, Venkx said:

I don't see how this will impact production in any way.  Most players are not the "I want a specific patch" player.  You are overthinking it.  There are a lot of players who enjoyed Vanillia as clearly shown by the petition and response Blizzard has received.  I don't see where this would be very hard for them to implement various x pac servers.  Most of them have the data and ability to and it would require only a small team to do it.   

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Stan
      A bug after this week's reset caused world boss quests to appear on the map. Many players were confused and Blizzard clarified in a blue post that this was not intended as world bosses will begin to spawn starting the week of September 4.
      Players that logged in after maintenance saw the epic world quest A Chilling Encounter pop up on live realms.

Unfortunately, no world bosses are supposed to spawn until Uldir opens, which left many players perplexed.

Here's a post by Community Manager Ythisens about the bug.
      Blizzard (Source)
      Are they supposed to be up or not? After reset is shows a world boss but it's not spawning.
      Hey guys! Just confirming that yes this is a bug and we're working on fixing it so it should no longer incorrectly be displaying just yet. Sorry for all of the confusion this morning!
    • By Stan
      The latest blue posts roundup covers in-game Auction House issues, Island Expeditions, new Class Trials, possible Retribution Paladin nerfs & more. Check it out for more details!
      Slow Auction House
      Many players are currently experiencing various problems with the in-game Auction House. Blizzard's currently investigating these issues.
      Blizzard (Source)
      I think Blizzard needs to limit the amount of single item auctions that 1 character can post. When someone is posting 998 Auctions of 1 piece of linen...I can't think of any reason why someone needs to post more than 10 single items. Right now on my server there are 78 pages of Tidespray linen. Is it just my server or is anyone else having these same issues?
      Hey guys! We are aware that some realms are seeing issues with slowness when using the Auction House and are currently investigating making some changes to help alleviate these issues. We’ll post an update as soon as we have more information to share.
      Island Expeditions
      Islands rotate on a weekly basis, three new Islands will pop up after maintenance each week.
      Blizzard (Source)
      I keep getting Un'gol Ruins and Skittering Hollow over and over and over. One time I got Dread Chain but otherwise it's those two continuously. I can't get the 5 different expeditions needed to continue the research with Alleria. Is this actually working? Are there actually 5 different ones available right now? This is ridiculous.
      From my understanding, the three islands rotate weekly. So if you've done all three available at the moment (Dread Chain, Skittering Hollow, Un'gol Ruins) that's all you need for now.
      Mythic Item Level?
      If you've been wondering what ilvl is recommended to clear Mythic dungeons, it's somewhere at 305 to 315ish. They're even doable under 300 when you follow the strats.
      Blizzard (Source)
      What Ilvl should u be to do mythics?
      I've seen most groups ask for people at 305 to 315ish that's just my experience though and I can see people asking for higher. Honestly they're very doable under 300 as long as you can follow mechanics and figure out some strats with your group.
      If I was doing a World Tour with all pugs, I would aim to have the group be all 320.
      I would ask for something similar if we were doing a World Tour. Some of the dungeons are a bit harder than the others and can be pretty challenging at lower ilvls but for the most part they're pretty doable and similar to the heroic counterparts in difficulty.
      New Class Trials
      You won't receive a Garrison Heartshtone in Class Trials, because Warlords of Draenor is old content. You can still unlock them through the quest offered by Khadgar.
      Blizzard (Source)
      Hi, I noticed that Class Trials no longer start at 100, and I am just curious, but how come you guys removed our Garrison Hearthstone?
      I can't speak for Development, Thunderstorm, but odds are the level 100 boost is reflecting how the 110 works. Basically, because Warlords of Draenor is no longer current content the boost doesn't provide a jump into that older content. 
      And also are you able to do a quest or anything to Unlock a Garrison? It's been so long I have forgotten.
      Absolutely. If you haven't done any of the quests you should be able to speak to Archmage Khadgar and pick up "The Dark Portal". If you aren't sure, try walking (be sure you are not on a mount) through the portal in the Blasted Lands. Make sure you have trivial quests tracked as most of these are level 90 quests and might not be visible to you on the minimap.
      Retribution Paladin Nerfs?
      Retribution Paladins seem to be strong right now and they may be nerfed soon. Take it with a grain of salt though, we're likely going to see a lot of Class tuning before Uldir opens.
      Blizzard (Source)
      I have a feeling we will get nerfed. We have excellent dps dmg now and im topping dps in most groups, well from details add on point of view anyways. How many if you think this will happen.
      Currently I think we might be a little too strong. At 333 ilvl I'm able to hold 15k+ on some fights and I'm leaving everyone in the dust. However it could be the difference in my groups weapons that's causing it to be a little exaggerated, I've got a 340 ilvl 2 hander and once I picked that up I haven't been touched. Again its nothing new, its the beginning of the expansion and only the first week. We're likely to see some tweaks here and there before we get to Uldir.
      I vote we get buffed
      I mean I'm not gonna object... >.> It could be we're fine and its just a gearing thing though. Its still the first few days so never know.
      Uldir Gear Concerns
      Uldir Azerite Armor traits are too generic and we may see some tweaks before Uldir's open. Blizzard also hotfixed Darkmoon trinkets yesterday.
      Blizzard (Source)
      Uldir currently has only three rings and TWO trinkets for healers. What in the world? On top of that, the azerite traits on the gear in Uldir is the exact same as found elsewhere, apart from the unique global trait. Blizzard stated that the raid gear would offer more in-depth, rotation-altering traits since they felt raiders would be more comfortable with that. Unless something changes, that was a flat out lie.
      There's also the world bosses which offer another ring and like 4 trinkets that healers can use, plus what you'd find in Mythic+. I'll mention the Azerite stuff though, thanks! I'm noticing some variety in traits but nothing major apart from what already exists.
      The % chance of actually get something that you need / bis / any decent from a boss every 8 weeks + % of drop chance is abysmal.
      Of course, I'm not counting it as a guarantee but its something that you could potentially get. You could have bad luck and equally not get a dps trinket off a regular raid boss so its not so different. I do get that there is a difference though in the aspect of a guaranteed attempt verses not. 
      Darkmoon Deck option is a tremendous joke as well, as they are simming lower than most 310 trinkets, except the Agi DPS version.
      I've heard from the casters in my guild that its not great. I know its simming low and it has a weird interaction at least. I've passed it on to the team though but I don't know if there is an actual problem with it. The melee one is pretty great at the moment however and its BiS for most melee I believe until Mythic Uldir. So its a pretty good grab.
      Blizzard Feedback (General QQ Thread)
      Blizzard can't convince you that BfA story is good, everyone is entitled to have their own opinion. Players that have completed everything since Tuesday should be hitting Revered with Honorbound/7th Legion today. They want to make it more clear that collecting 40,000 Azerite for the weekly quest grants 1,500 reputation with Honorbound/7th Legion.
      Blizzard (Source)
      Horrible story and lore- SILENCE
      What do you expect us to say to something that is just simply your opinion. We can't convince you the story is good, if you think its bad then you think its bad, but people will disagree with you, as its an opinion. There are some aspects that I haven't liked, but that doesn't make it "horrible". Seems a little hyperbolic.
      Horde Bias- SILENCE
      Horde questing was really good but I think Alliance had the better side for me, that's just my opinion though. Those Jaina cutscenes... 10/10.
      WQ gear- SILENCE
      Yes world quests have gear sometimes. I don't know what you're mad about here. Some more substance to this point would be great. Things like what an actual issue is. Not enough gear, too much, not enough of a certain type, too much of a certain type, etc. 
      PVP scaling- SILENCE
      Pretty great from my experience but I've been rolling into war mode hard and sending everyone I've seen to the graveyard, sometimes that includes myself, so I've had nothing but fun there. I can see though there are some fringe things that need to be looked at, I don't have examples I can use off the top of my head as I don't know when/if they're planning any additional tweaks on that at the moment. It's a new system so we're still open to feedback on it and we're obviously fixing issues that do pop up.
      Rep Time Gating- SILENCE
      Literally almost every rep ever put into the game. I'm almost Revered with all of them already except Tortollan(Honored) and Champions(Honored), I get that some people might not like this style of grind but to say it takes too long or is gated is pretty silly in my opinion. I think people are forgetting the rep grinds of back in the day that took months, instead of the newer ones with world quests that can be done in around 2 weeks give or take a few days. (At least in these new reps that are introduced). If you could complete everything that is offered in an MMO in a week then its not really an MMO, part of the magic of the genre is that there are things to work on and progress with your character.
      Lack of content other than rep grinding- SILENCE
      Warmode, Islands, Dungeons, collectibles, professions, gold making frenzy. There's plenty of things to do. I'm sorry you feel that way but there is a lot of things to do right now. We know everyone has different interests but we are letting people take their time with these things at least before Mythic+ and Uldir opens up.
      Ythisens can you please clarify how are you almost revered with the Honorbound if their wqs and their regular quests are bugged? Regular quests - no reputation gains at all.  World Quests - all of them give the same 75 rep, regardless of being regular or blue world quests (which were made to reward double rep and are doing so for every other faction BUT the Honorbound). Please enlighten us.
      I've done every world quest since Tuesday at 5ish our time. That includes two emissaries that were Honorbound/7th Legion. So if you've done absolutely everything since Tuesday you should be hitting Revered today/tonight. Make sure you do your mission table rep rewards as well as your war campaign which nets you quite a bit as well. There is also a weekly quest with island expeditions where if you collect 40k azerite in Island Expeditions you get another 1500 rep with Honorbound/7th Legion. You can track it from the UI on the table. We're working on making this more visible as its easy to miss and some players haven't noticed it.
      A lot of that comes from the tone you read the text in. It's easy to assume a sarcastic tone rather than an ironic or humorous one. But let's just assume for a second that he is being snarky, his would be an extremely tame version of snarky. GD shouldn't dish it out if they can't take it.
      If I'm coming across as snarky I apologize as that's not the case this time. Sometimes I mean to but its pretty rare honestly. If I was I do agree GD should be able to take it... I've seen what you guys write sometimes ಠ_ಠ
    • By Starym
      We're back from the weekend and that means hotfixes! Today we have more solutions for Warlocks on mountainsides, dungeon issues, including faction-wide attunement to Siege of Boralus and King's Rest, a lot of Darkmoon cards got major buffs (and one got nerfed), the NPC for mercenaries who wish to fight for the opposite faction has moved to the new zones, Legion assaults have returned and a lot more.
      August 20 (source)
      Azerite Powers
      Fixed an issue where Dagger in the Back failed to stack properly when applied by multiple users. Character Services
      Players who faction transfer should now get a more informative message on how to continue the War Campaign on their new faction. Classes
      Warlock Demonology The Summon Vilefiend and Nether Portal talents will no longer sometimes fail to work when cast on steep terrain. Creatures and NPCs
      Fixed a bug that caused some enemies in the Drustvar Crimson Forest to be untargetable by players. Rikati at The Four Stingers will now sell his wares, including his famous Snake on a Stick, to members of the Alliance.  
      Dungeons
      Unlocking Siege of Boralus as a Horde player now unlocks the dungeon for all Horde characters on that account. Unlocking Kings' Rest as an Alliance player now unlocks the dungeon for all Alliance characters on that account. Freehold Irontide Enforcer's Shattering Toss will no longer wipe threat from the tank. Shrine of the Storm Vol’zith the Whisperer Fixed a bug that caused players to sometimes become stuck with Grasp of the Sunken City. Items
      Fixed an issue where Darkmoon Deck: Blockades was providing far less Stamina and Health than intended. Fixed an issue where Darkmoon Deck: Squalls was dealing less damage than intended. Its effective damage has been increased by approximately 300%. Fixed an issue where Darkmoon Deck: Fathoms  would not trigger for Marksmanship or Beast Mastery hunters. Reduced the damage of Darkmoon Deck: Fathoms by 9%. Player versus Player
      Sergeant Wilson has travelled to The Mugambala and will offer Mercenary Contracts to members of the Horde that wish to fight for the Alliance. Nassar has travelled to Hook Point and will offer Mercenary Contracts to members of the Alliance that wish to fight for the Horde. Quests
      Fixed multiple bugs that made it very difficult to bomb targets successfully on “Swab This!”. Fixed a bug causing Third Telemancer Syranel to evade player attacks on “Grand Theft Telemancy”. Players should now reliably get credit for taking the ferry for "The Ashvane Trading Company”. Horde players should now properly be able to see the Stolen Supplies for "Plunder and Provisions". World
      Legion Assaults have returned to the Broken Isles. Previous Patch 8.0.1 Hotfixes
      August 17 August 16 August 15
    • By Starym
      We have the very first developer Q&A session with Ion Hazzikostas coming this Thursday, August 23rd! You can ask your questions over Twitter with the usual #WarcraftQA hashtag, and you can bet there will be plenty of Azerite and Heart of Azeroth questions to be had. With the slightly shaky launch of BfA (at least compared to Legion's) there will probably be a lot of interest in what happened there as well as the usual look at what's ahead and presumably a big PvP focus as well. We'll hopefully also get a discussion on the story aspect of the expansion, with the huge hubbub we had over the Sylvanas short and Saurfang cinematic, as it would be great to hear some in-depth opinions from the Game Director himself.
      Q&A (source)
      Join us live on Twitch.tv/Warcraft Thursday, August 23, at 11:00 a.m. PDT, as we sit down with Game Director Ion Hazzikostas for our next live developer Q&A, where he’ll be answering your World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth questions.
      You can submit your questions here in this thread or on Twitter by using the hashtag #WarcraftQA.
      As a reminder, please keep your questions short (40 words or less) so that we can get to as many questions as possible. We look forward to you joining us live on Tuesday!
    • By Starym
      We're 4 for 4 in this first week of Battle for Azeroth and as we head into the weekend we see Azerite armor outer ring requirements reduced on the Heart of Azeroth, Affliction Warlock Deathbolt fixes, Conquest removals until PvP Season 1 starts, Brewmaster PvP fixes/nerfs, the removal of two belt enchant from PvP, and a bit fewer fixes for professions and quests than usual.
      August 17 (source)
      Azerite Gear
      Substantially lowered the Heart of Azeroth level required to activate the outer ring of Azerite armor obtained from World Quests and Mythic dungeons. Classes
      Warlock Affliction Deathbolt will now correctly deal increased damage if cast immediately after casting Unstable Affliction. Creatures and NPCs
      Slickspill should be much easier to loot now. Items
      Fixed an issue where 'Bygone Bee' Almanac's cooldown or duration would be affected too much when hitting multiple enemies. Player versus Player
      Sources of Conquest such as the World PvP Call to Arms quests, PvP Island Expeditions, Skirmish, and Battleground queues will award Honor until Battle for Azeroth: Arena Season 1 starts. Players who currently have Conquest will have the currency converted to Honor once they log in. Miniaturized Plasma Shield and Personal Space Amplifier engineering belt enchants can no longer be used in Arenas and Rated Battlegrounds. Fierce Gladiator is once again available to players who have earned the Fierce Gladiator: Legion Season 5 achievement. The War Mode Air Supply Drops in Tiragarde Sound should no longer fall in unreachable locations. Monk Brewmaster Incendiary Brew now adheres to line of sight restrictions. Double Barrel will no longer stun targets multiple times per Keg Smash cast. Professions
      Cooking Fixed a bug that prevented Pandaria Banquets from granting the intended skill levels to Pandaria Cooking and Way of the Grill. Quests
      Fixed a bug that caused the miners to not respawn as intended for “A Shot at the Dark Iron”. Fixed a bug where missions required to unlock hubs on the other continent were expiring quickly. Riding Macaw is no longer unfriendly to Horde for the world quest "Swab This!". Hexlord Raal is now reliably present to offer “Pa'ku, Master of Winds”. “The Lord Admiral's Lament" and "Bloodied Sentinel's Glaive" can now be turned in to Kayla Mills World
      Flight paths unlocked through missions should now reliably appear as valid destinations on the flight map. Previous Patch 8.0.1 Hotfixes
      August 16 August 15 August 14