FORUMS
Damien

Windwalker Monk 7.3

Guest Mefistho

Sorry, but the single target rotation dont make any sense, how can i use Whirling Dragon Punch before Rising Sun Kick if i must spent Rising Sun Kick, and Fist Of Fury to use Whirling Dragon Punch?

Guest Darkruffiu

Any reason to use flasks of strenght instead of agility?

Guest Gram
2 hours ago, Guest Mefistho said:

Sorry, but the single target rotation dont make any sense, how can i use Whirling Dragon Punch before Rising Sun Kick if i must spent Rising Sun Kick, and Fist Of Fury to use Whirling Dragon Punch?

They are showing you ability weights not a rotation.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Guest Mefistho said:

6 hours ago, Guest Gram said:

They are showing you ability weights not a rotation.

As said here by Gram, our rotations are based on priorities. If you can't use point 1, you go to point 2. If you can't use point 2, you go to point 3 and so on.

Guest Unfair

How is versa more important than Mastery is what i wanna know ? Cause afaik it takes alot of versa pts to get a real boost in dmg/hps hmm

12 hours ago, Guest Mefistho said:

Its a priority, not a rotation. You use the highest available ability. Since you can't use WDP without using FoF/RSK first, it doesn't much matter where it is, just as long as its higher than anything else.

11 hours ago, Guest Darkruffiu said:

Any reason to use flasks of strenght instead of agility?

Just a goof, should be fixed soon.

2 hours ago, Guest Unfair said:

How is versa more important than Mastery is what i wanna know ? Cause afaik it takes alot of versa pts to get a real boost in dmg/hps hmm

With how many stats are available at the end of an expansion, Versatility is better. After you get Vers to about 10% then the other stats are all pretty balanced.

• Like 1

Basically exactly what Babylonius said. The consumables part is being fixed right now, and we're also going to clarify that you only want Versatility to about 10%. Thank you everyone for your comments.

Guest Theraven

Didn't get any time in beta (thanks blizz). I'm a bit concerned about how touch of death has changed. I tended to always bring it into play on add fights especially. Does the talent reset if the target dies before the damage goes off?

Guest darkruffiu
1 hour ago, Guest Theraven said:

Didn't get any time in beta (thanks blizz). I'm a bit concerned about how touch of death has changed. I tended to always bring it into play on add fights especially. Does the talent reset if the target dies before the damage goes off?

In Legion with in the artifact weapon you have a trait named Death Art, "Reduces the remaining cooldown on Touch of Death by 10% if the target dies while under the effects of Touch of Death or from Touch of Death." that can go up to 30%, its not perfect, but considering this i would use touch of death preferably on boss's or mobs that you know that will take longer then 8seconds to die! ;P

Guest mhatta

Thanks Babs and Icy-veins for all the efforts you put in the guides!  Much appreciated!!

Guest OrinMaxden

Is it now better to dual weild or use 2h?

39 minutes ago, Guest OrinMaxden said:

Is it now better to dual weild or use 2h?

Wait, really? Fists of Fury requires a 1H weapon, so thats not even an option anymore.

Guest Gazorp

Can you explain why whirling dragon punch is not included in the multi-target rotation?  It requires less chi and does more damage than only relying only on SCK. Am I missing something?

3 hours ago, Guest Gazorp said:

Can you explain why whirling dragon punch is not included in the multi-target rotation?  It requires less chi and does more damage than only relying only on SCK. Am I missing something?

It should be, it was in the rotation I sent to the writer and I brought it to his attention that it was left out yesterday morning. So its an oversight.

All this information is also on my site: http://www.walkingthewind.com

Edited by Babylonius
  • Like 1

Guest Gazorp

I'll just follow you there then. Thanks for your contribution, Babylonius.

Guest Gleboss

Raiding heroic, have all the trinkets from HFC. What are the best now and why ? 

4 hours ago, Guest Gleboss said:

Raiding heroic, have all the trinkets from HFC. What are the best now and why ? 

The best are still the class trinket, and on demon fights, the heirloom. On non-demon fights, Chipped Soul Prism and Stone of the Elements are strong.

There is a full guide to the prepatch that includes links to the trinket sims here: http://www.walkingthewind.com/2016/07/18/wtw-guide-to-pre-patch/

Thanks for the comments, I'm adding Whirling Dragon Punch now :)

Guest priority list

Hey i´m really like your site icy-veins-team and is my number one page for guides. But the priority list against 2 targets or more are not complete. It would be nice if you can make clear that RSK is a must for the use of WDP. 

Guest Eveonor

Is it possible to use Storm, Earth, and Fire cooldown in single target rotation? You are mentioning it only in the multiple target rotation... is it dps loss in single? Or any other reason why use / not to use it?

On July 24, 2016 at 6:53 PM, Guest priority list said:

Hey i´m really like your site icy-veins-team and is my number one page for guides. But the priority list against 2 targets or more are not complete. It would be nice if you can make clear that RSK is a must for the use of WDP. 

3 hours ago, Guest Eveonor said:

Is it possible to use Storm, Earth, and Fire cooldown in single target rotation? You are mentioning it only in the multiple target rotation... is it dps loss in single? Or any other reason why use / not to use it?

Thanks for the posts, guys. I'm going to make these updates shortly :)

Guest dsparil

Hi,

Question on the rotation. 

How do i generate enough chi for all abilities? I mean the only way to do this (without talents) is Tiger palm. So will a person be spamming 3 TP to generate 3 chi for FOF? even though this is against the mastery?
Thanks.

13 hours ago, Guest dsparil said:

Hi,

Question on the rotation. 

How do i generate enough chi for all abilities? I mean the only way to do this (without talents) is Tiger palm. So will a person be spamming 3 TP to generate 3 chi for FOF? even though this is against the mastery?
Thanks.

Tiger Palm generates 2 Chi per use.

Guest Zeldars

Versat being first prio doesn't make any sence to me right now, how your math work on that one?