Avidity

[Resto] How much more valuable is ilvl than trait for relics?

7 posts in this topic

Before asking here, I have read (and re-read) the Icy Veins guide to Resto Druids. I'm still a little confused, as it's not terribly detailed about ilvl vs. traits for artifact relics.

I did the world quest for heroic Maw of Souls today, and got the Mythic 840 relic out of it. It's a life relic and for Resto, it provides Armor of the Ancients which, I know, is very, very low on our priority system for artifact traits. I also know that ilvl is "more valuable"... but how much more? Is it about the same as other classes, where it's better to take ilvl if it adds 2+ levels but gives an undesirable/much less useful trait?

For reference, it would add 8 item levels, if I remember correctly from comparing the two. I would give up 1 rank of Knowledge of the Ancients for it, and I'm already having mana issues. I would link my armory but it has not updated since lvl 100, so if more info is needed, please ask. Do I just take the ilvl increase for Resto? Use it for another spec (Boomie) where I gain ilvls and don't lose as much priority in traits? Thanks :)

14 hours ago, Avidity said:

For reference, it would add 8 item levels

Firstly, I'm just going to C&P a portion of the guide here:

When choosing which relics to use, always take the one that grants you the highest item level, regardless of the benefit it offers. When having to choose between relics that grant the same item level, chose based on the following trait enhancement considerations.

Your relic adds 8 item levels, that is huge. Definitely take the ilvl increase.

I think 3 weapon ilvls is about the cut off for trait vs ilvl.  Even then it kinda depends on the trait, usually only one good one is persistence or mana regen.

Thanks for clarifying Krazy! I'm guessing you agree then that in this case, definitely take the item level boost?

Yea, Item level is always better, but the only difference you'll see in traits for healing is the duration and even smaller on the mana regen

Thank you both :) I was fairly sure it was better to take it (especially at that many ilvls), but I've also had ones where it's, say, +1 ilvl, worse trait, and I wasn't sure. That clears it up though, especially having said that the only real difference is duration and very small mana regen.

On 15.9.2016 at 4:02 AM, Avidity said:

Thank you both :)

That's what we're here for! If you have any other questions, just ask!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By eternalsoulz666
      <Judgment Day>
      Recruiting:
      2 Healers - Preferably Paladin/Monk (However will still look at other options. DPS off-spec would be nice too!) 2 Melee - Any class will be considered. 2 Ranged - Any class will be considered.
        Progression:
      Emerald Nightmare
      7/7N / 7/7H
      Nighthold
      10/10N

Requirements:
      On US-Proudmoore or willing to server transfer. Knowledge and understanding of your class. DBM/WeakAuras/RCLootCouncil Being on time and being able to attend raid days preferably 10-15 minutes before start time. (90% attendance is acceptable, however until we have more people on our team 100% is strongly encouraged as we don't have the numbers to have people not show up)
        Schedule:*
      **ALL TIMES ARE IN EASTERN STANDARD TIME**
      Friday 8:00-10:00PM (EST) Saturday 8:00-11:00PM (EST) Sunday 5:00-8:00PM (EST)
        *Raiders/Trials will be provided with full guild repairs during raid hours.
      About Us:
      Judgment Day was formed recently by a group of friends that needed more progression than their previous guild were providing for us. We strive to excel at what we do and want to progress through the current content offered to us as it is released & complete it before the release of the next raid tier.
      Our progress through the raids were preformed by the same raid team however in a different guild. We also enjoy running Mythic+ and the occasional battleground.
      We are willing to accept casuals that aren't interested in raiding and just want a chill environment to hang out in.
      http://www.judgmentday.shivtr.com Please apply using our website. Once your application has been reviewed a officer will contact you in-game (b.net) or via the comments section in your application.
    • By Ririxia
      ABOUT US
      We Tried is a mythic progression raiding guild formed by an ambitious raid leader seeking like minded, progression oriented players who would work together towards clearing the latest content while it is still considered relevant. After suffering some roster issues, We Tried merged with Procrastination in late December 2016 and together we have fully cleared Emerald Nightmare Mythic within just two weeks.
      OUR PAST ACCOMPLISHMENTS & FUTURE GOALS
      Although we have since slowed down, we are proud ourselves of holding the realm 27th Nythendra Mythic and 24th Elerathe Renferal Mythic kills.
      Today we are actively working towards forming a raid team that would be able to attain our previous glory and compete on a realm wide level.
      CURRENTLY RECRUITING
      Frost DK
      BM/MM Hunter
      Mage
      WW Monk
      Retri Paladin
      Holy/Shadow Priest
      Elemental/Resto Shaman
      Arms/Fury Warrior
      *Applications from exceptional players will always be considered regardless of recruitment status*
      RAID TIMES
      Wednesday 20.30 - 23.00
      Thursday 20.00 - 23.00
      Sunday 20.00 - 23.00
      IDEAL RECRUIT
      Our ideal recruits are players who are passionate about the game and about progress. Each raider is expected to do whatever they can to improve their skills outside of the raiding environment and pull their own weight within the raid.
      We are looking for mythic ready players who, without fail, know the tactics for every boss prior to entering the instance; have solid knowledge of their class and continuously strive to improve themselves; have a near 100% attendance rating; are prepared to wipe often on progression nights and can not only take the constructive criticism that comes their way but are also able to give constructive criticism back, as well as share new ideas and approaches relevant to the content we are clearing at the time.
      CONTACT & INFO
      If you have any questions or concerns you're welcome to contact me in game (Ririxia#2172) or on Discord (Ririxia#1469). You can find more info about our guild, guidelines, raiding policies, trials and the loot system, as well as apply on our website - http://we-tried.enjin.com
    • By salamancer
      <Minions Inc> is a heroic raid focused guild looking to round out our roster with some ranged DPS. Many of us are former mythic raiders that grew tired of the drama that always seemed to follow mythic raiding and now just enjoy clearing heroic at a reasonable pace and having fun. We're an adult guild that likes to talk about serious adult things during raids, like how big of a sex toy Cornellia can take or the size of Crunxi's hemorrhoids, very mature things. If you're easily offended you won't enjoy it here. That being said we do expect our raiders to focus on progression, continually strive to improve, come to raids prepared with flask/pots/food etc. and maintain a 75% attendance rate.
      Raid Progress: 7/7H 3/3H 6/10H
      Raid Times: Tuesday 7-10PM PST (Progression) Thursday 7-10PM 
      PST (Progression) Friday 7-10PM PST (Alt Raid, not required)
      We also run mythic+ dungeons on the weekends so if you have a mythic keystone, don't be afraid to ask if anyone wants to run with you!
      Role Needs: Any Ranged DPS, Retribution Paladin, Windwalker Monk, Enhancement Shaman and Restoration Druid.
      Loot Distribtion: EP/GP
      Voice Program: Discord
      Contact Us For More Info:
      Mal (GM) - (Discord) Malevicent#2694 - (Bnet) Malevicent#1456
      Crunx (Officer) - (Discord) Crunx#2635 - (Bnet) Wedgezilla#1953
      Phelon (Officer) - (Discord) Phelon#7329 - (Bnet) Greed#1443
      Shuzo (Officer) - (Discord) Snapplez#7561 - (Bnet) Snapplez#1989
    • By Kelp
      Type: Semi-hardcore
      Progression: 7/7 Mythic EN + 2/3 Mythic ToV + 2/10 Mythic NH
      Faction: Horde
      Server: <Lustful> - [Zul’jin]
      Raid Times: Monday, Wednesday, Friday 9pm-12am EST (Server Time)
      Apply here: lustful-guild.com or message me.

<Lustful> is currently recruiting experienced, and perspective raiders in need of an active and progression oriented mythic guild!

We are currently looking for most classes and roles:
      Healer: Low demand.
      Range Damage: HIGH DEMAND!
      Melee damage: Medium demand.

Expectations:
      Be on time
      Have Discord for voice communication
      Have installed the required add-ons
      Prepare for raids outside of raid times (repairs, food, flasks, potions etc.)
      Know your class and raid mechanics outside of raid times
      Loot Rules:
      Loot Council
      Add-on List:
      Deadly Boss Mods
      RCLootCouncil
      Casual players are more than welcome to join for assistance in leveling, dungeons, and other content. Something is always going on within <Lustful>! Social oriented players will never be without something to do. Our Discord is available to all guild members.
      Message me for more information:
      Kelp-Zul'jin or Ragnar#11614