Avidity

[Resto] How much more valuable is ilvl than trait for relics?

7 posts in this topic

Before asking here, I have read (and re-read) the Icy Veins guide to Resto Druids. I'm still a little confused, as it's not terribly detailed about ilvl vs. traits for artifact relics.

I did the world quest for heroic Maw of Souls today, and got the Mythic 840 relic out of it. It's a life relic and for Resto, it provides Armor of the Ancients which, I know, is very, very low on our priority system for artifact traits. I also know that ilvl is "more valuable"... but how much more? Is it about the same as other classes, where it's better to take ilvl if it adds 2+ levels but gives an undesirable/much less useful trait?

For reference, it would add 8 item levels, if I remember correctly from comparing the two. I would give up 1 rank of Knowledge of the Ancients for it, and I'm already having mana issues. I would link my armory but it has not updated since lvl 100, so if more info is needed, please ask. Do I just take the ilvl increase for Resto? Use it for another spec (Boomie) where I gain ilvls and don't lose as much priority in traits? Thanks :)

14 hours ago, Avidity said:

For reference, it would add 8 item levels

Firstly, I'm just going to C&P a portion of the guide here:

When choosing which relics to use, always take the one that grants you the highest item level, regardless of the benefit it offers. When having to choose between relics that grant the same item level, chose based on the following trait enhancement considerations.

Your relic adds 8 item levels, that is huge. Definitely take the ilvl increase.

I think 3 weapon ilvls is about the cut off for trait vs ilvl.  Even then it kinda depends on the trait, usually only one good one is persistence or mana regen.

Thanks for clarifying Krazy! I'm guessing you agree then that in this case, definitely take the item level boost?

Yea, Item level is always better, but the only difference you'll see in traits for healing is the duration and even smaller on the mana regen

Thank you both :) I was fairly sure it was better to take it (especially at that many ilvls), but I've also had ones where it's, say, +1 ilvl, worse trait, and I wasn't sure. That clears it up though, especially having said that the only real difference is duration and very small mana regen.

On 15.9.2016 at 4:02 AM, Avidity said:

Thank you both :)

That's what we're here for! If you have any other questions, just ask!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Chumani
      Aka'magosh my raider friends! Chumani here from Corrupted Destiny guild (Horde) on Skywall/Drak'thul realms. We are currently recruiting for our core team for mythic raiding. We are 9/9 H ToS....  Consistant and Dependable members! (Who can handle cutting up and getting yelled at.... by a certain mage in our guild.... who cuts up too.... and won't admit it..... and puts down fake portals.... every week..... and people still take them.... to their death..... really......week..... after week.... to their death...... seriously)
      As always we are recruiting raiders and non raiders.
      *****GIRLS***** We have a large number of female gamers who do not have to worry about harrasment of any kind...we just will not tolerate this... and our group is like family. Come see for yourself!
      Tired of the ridiculous harassment from the opposite sex? You will be safe with us! Mature gamers who do not condone this behaviour!
      Our raid schedule is Tuesday/Thursday/Sunday 6:30pm to 9:00pm server time(pst)
      We use MUMBLE voice server, it is required and no exceptions!
      We currently have an "Alt" raid for alts and non-progression raiders on Mondays at the same time! MEGA amounts of fun there, alot of us use our mains to carry this raid and help gear these raiders up!
      Other guild events include: Herb Drives, Fishing Expo, Mog off! (Best transmog wins), Old Raids for Transmog gear & Mythic Plus runs. We do random guild events with prizes up to and including a FREE MONTH OF WOW! (Mog-Off is going on NOW!!)
      We have quite a bit of fun when we get together, as we always have over the years! Come join us and get corrupted (Disclaimer: Infections have been found to be the leading cause of corruption in many raiders) We've always been here and will continue to be here! Of course you will be required to sacrifice a goat or an alliance player once a week to the Horde gods..... You will also be required to laugh and have fun as well! We do have fun!
      So.......COME.......GET.......CORRUPTED!
      Chu@12466 - Deni#1743 - Cykopathyk#1366 

(We are just huge nerds who see ourselves as badass warriors!... ok!)
      ******We also have one of our members who has published some 'how to' videos for certain in game mounts!!*** Keep eye out for Barcat, one of our casual members and professional mount hoarder and his youtube channel for these vids! Will post one in comment below*******
      http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=248100
    • By kidglock34
      As the title says, I've finally rolled a Tank and opted for a class I've always wanted to play; the Druid. Coming from a Shaman and Paladin that has done a lot of both Resto and DPS I felt it is time to try the other side!
      I have never tanked before...I was going to queue up for my first ever dungeon run but chickened out. I don't want to make a mess of it first time out before talking to some of you that have been here before. I'm still VERY low level...hit 18 last night while questing. Basic gear but have money from other toons if needed for gear.
      My questions are...when did some of you start your first tanking experience? Is gear at that low level of any importance or is everything pretty forgiving your first few times out so you can get an idea of rotation and how things work? Anybody have a few wipes on their first time out? Any advice for my first time out?
      Appreciate the hell out of the help! Thanks in advance and hopefully tonight I can partition off some time to get my first dungeon run in! I'm back after playing through until Cataclysm so it has been fun seeing all the new things added...a 6 year hiatus is quite a long time!
    • By Fodia
      When I started playing again after several years off, I chose the wrong weapon/artifact chain for my Ret Paladin.  I choose Truthguard instead of Ashbringer.  So I am at 105 with Truthguard now and I was told by Bliz several levels ago that I could swap weapons at some point although I was not told how or when. I don't use Truthguard in play now just a normal weapon and seem to do ok. What must I do?
      From Blizzard -  "I understand you are contacting us about your starting artifact weapon! I know it would be frustrating wanting to use Retribution and the Ashbringer and getting the Truth Guard by mistake. I made this same mistake on my Shaman. I was anxious to get the Doom Hammer and didn’t realize I was required to use the Enhancement spec. I do have some information to share with you.
      The bad news is, once an artifact is selected, there’s no changing that. Luckily, you’re not stuck with this forever. You’ll need to go through some of the story line with the Truth Guard, but once you hit level 102, you’ll be presented with the option to pick up the other 2 artifact weapons. From there you will be able to use any one you’d like. ^_^"
    • By Slalt
       Do you guys know nice pawn strings for the druid specs ? 
    • By pizzawarlock
      <In Cats We Trust> is a casual leveling guild that is recruiting new players of all levels to join us for ridiculous shenanigans and good times. Our raid team is also looking for new recruits! We raid Saturdays and Sundays 9:30 EST. Looking for heals and dps. We are friendly, helpful and love having a good time. Our members dabble in a bit of everything and are friendly to all types of players. Join us today!
      Contact mochi#1626