FORUMS
Avidity

[Resto] How much more valuable is ilvl than trait for relics?

Before asking here, I have read (and re-read) the Icy Veins guide to Resto Druids. I'm still a little confused, as it's not terribly detailed about ilvl vs. traits for artifact relics.

I did the world quest for heroic Maw of Souls today, and got the Mythic 840 relic out of it. It's a life relic and for Resto, it provides Armor of the Ancients which, I know, is very, very low on our priority system for artifact traits. I also know that ilvl is "more valuable"... but how much more? Is it about the same as other classes, where it's better to take ilvl if it adds 2+ levels but gives an undesirable/much less useful trait?

For reference, it would add 8 item levels, if I remember correctly from comparing the two. I would give up 1 rank of Knowledge of the Ancients for it, and I'm already having mana issues. I would link my armory but it has not updated since lvl 100, so if more info is needed, please ask. Do I just take the ilvl increase for Resto? Use it for another spec (Boomie) where I gain ilvls and don't lose as much priority in traits? Thanks :)

14 hours ago, Avidity said:

For reference, it would add 8 item levels

Firstly, I'm just going to C&P a portion of the guide here:

When choosing which relics to use, always take the one that grants you the highest item level, regardless of the benefit it offers. When having to choose between relics that grant the same item level, chose based on the following trait enhancement considerations.

Your relic adds 8 item levels, that is huge. Definitely take the ilvl increase.

I think 3 weapon ilvls is about the cut off for trait vs ilvl.  Even then it kinda depends on the trait, usually only one good one is persistence or mana regen.

Yea, Item level is always better, but the only difference you'll see in traits for healing is the duration and even smaller on the mana regen

Thank you both :) I was fairly sure it was better to take it (especially at that many ilvls), but I've also had ones where it's, say, +1 ilvl, worse trait, and I wasn't sure. That clears it up though, especially having said that the only real difference is duration and very small mana regen.

On 15.9.2016 at 4:02 AM, Avidity said:

Thank you both :)

That's what we're here for! If you have any other questions, just ask!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.