FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Dub

Best solo class (High DPS / best survivability)

I've been leveling a Pally Tank and love it, almost nothing can kill me but I'm looking for more DPS, (just takes too long to kill stuff, lol), Ive tried a Ret Pally and they are just too squishy for me.....Anyone have any recommendations and please explain why......thanks for your suggestion.

Well there are a few classes, also depends if you want to run just current content or old content.

Warlork: Affliction

-Good Survivability (they have a passive leech)

-Pet (can tank or increase damage)

-For old content you can take the talent that makes corruption tick forever and just seed groups and run to the next.

Druid: Guardian

-Good Survivability (Tank so obviously)

-Strong Talents for Solo (can have thorns & Passive heal for max hp, which is buffed by stam and mastery)

Demon Hunter: Vengeance

-Almost 101 when you leave starting zone

-Strong self Healing

-High Mobility

Death Knight: Blood

-Blood Shield, doesn't really need any other reason really.

It's not that monk is bad, they are probaly the most mobile class, but stagger is counter intuitive for soloing.

Don't have much experience e with warriors soloing.

I think druid and blood dk are the strongest, for current content, demon hunters will be the fastest at old content.

Edited by Blightpaw

I'm playing a Veg DH and it is sooooo easy!

Elite in Suramar? No Problem! 

A lot of Adds? No Problem!

AFK-Healer? Rofl!!

And on the top: High Dmg!

Veg DH is a better version of a blood DK... xD

Edited by Namuria

1 hour ago, Namuria said:

I'm playing a Veg DH and it is sooooo easy!

Elite in Suramar? No Problem! 

A lot of Adds? No Problem!

AFK-Healer? Rofl!!

And on the top: High Dmg!

Veg DH is a better version of a blood DK... xD

Yea they are really solid but Blizzard said they would be really strong at the start, they do lack magic damage mitigation so not sure we will see then do relatively crazy stuff (example during mists, a blood dk solo'd the golem boss in 10 man tot with heroic siege gear).

25 minutes ago, Blightpaw said:

Yea they are really solid but Blizzard said they would be really strong at the start, they do lack magic damage mitigation so not sure we will see then do relatively crazy stuff (example during mists, a blood dk solo'd the golem boss in 10 man tot with heroic siege gear).

There is all-time 10%-Magic-Damage Mitigation from our tattoos.

And every 20 seconds you can use your 30%-magic-mitigation.

If this isn't enouth you can change your lv 110 tier into an absorb shield which give you an ~800-900k all-dmg absorb. :P

4 hours ago, Namuria said:

There is all-time 10%-Magic-Damage Mitigation from our tattoos.

And every 20 seconds you can use your 30%-magic-mitigation.

If this isn't enouth you can change your lv 110 tier into an absorb shield which give you an ~800-900k all-dmg absorb. :P

Ok but who do you think will be able to clear Mythic 5 man's first as an example to my last comment of the post you replied to.

DH magic mitigation is there but that's not really good it's fine for world content but, it's no ams. The advantage to the soul barrier is that it also mitigates all hits but, it's that instead of healing plus it has a 6 second duration on a 30 second cooldown, if it was effected by haste or if you absorb healing orbs to lower the cd it would be alot better. If I were to just compare the 2, and not all the other classes I listed earlier:

Demon Hunters have better mobility and damage, however they are a new class and will be going through changes every other if not every patch. I would not be surprised if vengance mastery gets changed or gets a massive nerf by 7.2 (personally I would like them to have a passive that let's them parry spells for 50% damage and the revamped mastery increases parry and melee damage reduction) during demon spikes, or a flat parry chance that gets increased during demon spikes.

Since the OP is a prot paladin, Death Knights would probaly be a much easier transition with their multiple minor cooldowns and the 20% mount speed is really easy to start missing. They have been rather constant and I don't think their gameplay will change much until the next expansion.

Another factor to consider is if you are doing solo content only or if your looking to replace your main paladin for another class. If your looking for a new main I would also consider the off specs, would you want a healing off spec (druid or monk), imo legion feels like Blizzard want you to play as a class not just a spec.

Edited by Blightpaw

Just in response to all the comments above, I'd agree on Vengeance DH tbh. Crazy damage output, incredible survivability, fantastic mobility. Their AoE stun is a make-or-break in M+, just as Shockwave is. Rather than being like most class, top in 1 thing, ok in the rest, they shine in everything but aren't the best at anything.

Mobility? Close to a monk, but I'd take a monk for kiting any day.

Stuns? Very good, but I'd take a warrior.

Cooldowns? Awesome, but Druid and Paladin have some perfect CDs.

DPS? Pretty damn amazing, but definitely has some rivals.

Anyway, OP, Veng DH is fantastic. Would recommend definitely. It's tanky, it does the tank job VERY well and it puts out huge numbers.