Stan

Withered J'im Up Again!

Sign in to follow this  

10 posts in this topic

Pzj1wHp.jpg

If you've been wondering why Withered J'im was up for a second week in a row, it wasn't intended.

  • Blizzard told that this was done by mistake and they plan to make sure they aren't doubling up on a particular boss week-by-week next time around.
  • J'im will remain untouched this week as changing anything would just mean bad experience for players who already killed him and even a worse for players who haven't touched him yet.

Blizzard LogoOrnyx

Hey all,

Something went a bit awry with our World Boss rotation this week, and we're aware that J'im is active again. Our intent here is for these bosses to be on a more spread and even rotation so we don't have encore situations like this one with our good friend J'im.

We don't have any plans to change anything this time around, but going forward we will work to make sure we aren't doubling up (or more) on a particular boss week-by-week.

So in other words, you guys have no actual interest in doing anything about such an obvious problem when you can just go "oops our bad deal with it."  
Thanks for showing the community how much you (don't) care about the quality of your product.

In my mind fixing it now that it's live would be a bad experience for people who have already killed him, or an even worse experience for those that didn't kill J'im while he was up (if they got to kill two bosses in a week).

(Source)

Loot Table

Below are the items you can get this week. Remember you can use your Seal of Broken Fate for an additional chance to receive loot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i mean i thought it was a bit odd but jim was good to me, got an arcanocrystal and a nice cape, so i didn't mind too much :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Freeze18 said:

Is it possible to trade loot received from world bosses like in dungeons and raids or different rules apply to them?

No it' not.

6 hours ago, Hr0thgar said:

Just killed him again and got  Unstable Arcanocrystal .....again D:

Wow stuff like this shouldn't happen. So much for smart loot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I killed him twice. Two times bonusrolled... yet nothing... gg wp blizzard. U can only love RNG =)

 

>10d playtime -> Legendary?? noway... not gonna happen

Edited by Amateurpeeweeeeh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Amateurpeeweeeeh said:

I killed him twice. Two times bonusrolled... yet nothing... gg wp blizzard. U can only love RNG =)

 

>10d playtime -> Legendary?? noway... not gonna happen

You are not alone... My chance for a legendary is really ramping up I suppose, but even when I would have a 99% chance, blizz would still stick it to the 1%...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Call me unappreciative, but yesterday Jim actually dropped me a legendary. Which is the worst for my class -_________-

Honestly, I'd rather have gotten the ArcanoCrystal or some decent epic from my raid/mythic+ dungeon than the Scorch legendary. The dps boost was negligible. I had placed a bet with a fellow guildie that I would get a legendary first and honestly I'm not even happy that I won.

I know that a lot of people will probably feel resent towards me right now, but what I'm trying to say is be careful what you wish for xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tectonn said:

You are not alone... My chance for a legendary is really ramping up I suppose, but even when I would have a 99% chance, blizz would still stick it to the 1%...

Blizzards RNG in a nutshell right here :P

 

 

52 minutes ago, Zadina said:

Call me unappreciative, but yesterday Jim actually dropped me a legendary. Which is the worst for my class -_________-

Honestly, I'd rather have gotten the ArcanoCrystal or some decent epic from my raid/mythic+ dungeon than the Scorch legendary. The dps boost was negligible. I had placed a bet with a fellow guildie that I would get a legendary first and honestly I'm not even happy that I won.

I know that a lot of people will probably feel resent towards me right now, but what I'm trying to say is be careful what you wish for xD

 

 

All that shit is the only thing ive never liked about WoW. Why make it all RNG. But not give bosses the chance to drop tokens, so everyone has the same possibility of improving... nahh sounds too fair.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Amateurpeeweeeeh said:

All that shit is the only thing ive never liked about WoW. Why make it all RNG. But not give bosses the chance to drop tokens, so everyone has the same possibility of improving... nahh sounds too fair.

RNG needs to exist or the game will be over too quickly. If RNG didn't exist in the game, you'd be in a position where people could become BiS geared in a day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Stan

      A roundup of everything we know so far about Dark Iron Dwarves.
      A detailed preview of Dark Iron Dwarves coming in Battle for Azeroth.
      Dark Iron Dwarves
      Welcome to our preview of Dark Iron Dwarves! The Allied Race is gated behind Battle for Azeroth content and won't be available before launch. Here you will learn more about racial abilities, playable classes, Heritage armor and customization options of the Allied Race!
      Racial Abilities
      Dungeon Delver (Racial Passive) - While indoors, move 4% faster. Fireblood (Instant, 2 min cooldown) - Removes all poison, disease, curse, magic, and bleed effects and increases your primary stat by 100 for each effect removed. Lasts 8 sec. Forged in Flames (Racial Passive) - Reduces damage taken from Physical attacks by 1%. Mass Production (Racial Passive) - Items crafted by Blacksmithing are created twice as quickly. Mole Machine (Instant, 30 min cooldown) - While outdoors, summon a Mole Machine that tunnels through the earth. Playable Classes
      Paladin More classes are unknown at this time.
      Heritage Armor
      Level up an Allied Race character to 110 to receive special Heritage armor. The following screenshots are from the BlizzCon 2017 panel.

      Racial Mount
      We currently have no information about the racial mount.
      Sound Files
      Our friends at MMO-Champion uploaded sound files, including flirts, jokes & VO of Dark Iron Dwarves! We've listed the videos below.
      Customization Options
      Below is an overview of customization options available to Dark Iron Dwarves in the latest Alpha Build 26032. Dark Iron Dwarf males have fiery beards, while females have the same effect on their hair.
      Skin Tones

      Hair

      Faces

      Hair Color

      Facial Hair

      Piercings

      More About Battle for Azeroth
      Battle for Azeroth Alpha Build 26032 New Creature Models Battle for Azeroth Alpha Build 26032 Talent Changes Battle for Azeroth Alpha Build 25976 Highlights Battle for Azeroth Alpha Build 25976 Talent Changes Battle for Azeroth Alpha: Azerite, Heart of Azeroth, Item/Stat Squish, UI Changes Battle for Azeroth Dev Notes: February 6 Blizzard on Hunter Pet Changes in Battle for Azeroth Class Changes in Battle for Azeroth Dungeons, World Bosses & Raids Dark Iron Dwarves Racial Abilities First Aid Removal in Battle for Azeroth Hunter Pet Changes in Battle for Azeroth New Mythic Keystone Affixes in Battle for Azeroth New Hunter Spell Animations in Battle for Azeroth New Warlock Spell Animations in Battle for Azeroth New Creature Models in Battle for Azeroth (Alpha Build 25976) Profession Changes in Battle for Azeroth Siege of Orgrimmar Timewalking Coming in Battle for Azeroth Vicious War Basilisk Mount in Battle for Azeroth Warfront Weapons in Battle for Azeroth Zandalari Druid Flight & Travel Forms
    • By Stan

      Blizzard announced changes to the World of Warcraft MVP Program for North America last week. The plan is to move the program to an application-based recruitment system. The first recruitment period in 2018 has started and you can now submit your application, if North America is your gameplay region.
      Note: Existing MVPs should reapply for the process!
      Blizzard (Source)
      Hey all!

      As we announced last week, we are making some changes to the World of Warcraft MVP Program for North America. With this, one of the biggest changes is going to be in how we recruit our MVPs. 

      Going forward, we will be using an application-based recruitment system, which will allow us to ask targeted questions to candidates, as well as close and open recruitment as needed within a given period.

      Today we will be opening our first recruitment period in 2018. You can find a link to the application here.

      Please answer any discussion prompts thoroughly, and, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask us here. We look forward to reviewing applications over the next few weeks and we wish all of you applying the best of luck!

      NOTE: The World of Warcraft North American MVP Program is only open to applicants from the North American service region including the United States and Canada. Applicants from Oceania and South America, including Mexico, will need to refer to their specific MVP Programs where applicable. Any applicants from outside the designated regions will be discarded.
    • By joat
      Who We Are
      Tequila Sundown is a growing raid team formed within the <Karma Horde> guild on US-Stormreaver. Lead by a husband/wife team with high-level raiding experience dating back to WotLK, we're a "positively determined" progression team that maintains a light-hearted atmosphere while tackling mythic difficulty content. We're mature adults with jobs and family seeking like-minded players who have a passion for the game but want to avoid the needless angst or drama that often gets associated with progression raiding. We log on to have fun - so come have some fun with us!

      A Team Within a Community
      Our raid team is one of four within the larger guild of <Karma Horde>, which was formed back during WotLK. As such, the guild and Discord are very active and social. There are always people around online and in-game. The community atmosphere is welcoming and friendly to players of all levels. The guild enforces a Code of Conduct that has zero tolerance for hate/offensive speech.

      We care more about the people we play with than their item levels or progression rankings. We want players who are going to log in on non-raid nights and be down for all the other things we're into: pushing mythic+, doing world quests, PVP shenanigans, achievement hunting, hyper-competitive fishing.. there's so much to do and so many ways to enjoy the game. This is our favorite hobby and we'd like to play with you if it is yours, too.

      Progression Goals
      We are 3/11 Mythic, Heroic AOTC Antorus progression.
      We strive for a fun environment that takes the challenges of mythic seriously and giving the content the respect it deserves. Our aim is, as all mythic teams, full clear of content but with always keeping the friendly spirit of camaraderie alive. Performance matters, but so does staying positive and finding the fun in the difficulty of a raid.
      We do not require mythic raid experience to join our team but we do expect mythic-level dedication and accountability from all of our raiders.

      Raid Days/Times
      Our mandatory raids are:
      Tuesdays 8:45pm PT - 11:45pm PT
      Thursdays 8:45pm PT - 11:45pm PT
      Optional:
      Sundays 8:45pm PT - 11:45pm PT
      Sundays are for raiding the previous raid difficulty.

      Recruitment Needs
      No current needs.

      The Nitty Gritty
      If you're intrigued, please check out our wiki on the <Karma Horde> subreddit. This will give you a deeper dive into the raid team.
      https://www.reddit.com/r/FTH/wiki/tequilasundown

      Contact Us
      You can reach us on bnet: joat#1832 & lambkill#1856
      or Discord: joat#1832 & saever#4432
    • By Stan

      Spirit of Eche'ro can be obtained from Archaeology, you gain 50% more Honor in Battlegrounds this week, and there's also a new PvP Brawl. Insterested to learn more about this week in WoW? We've got you covered!
      Archaeology
      You can get Spirit of Eche'ro from Archaeology this week. The mount is earned from completing the Laying to Rest quest. If you don't complete the quest this week, you'll need to wait a long time, before it's up again.
      Mythic Keystone Affixes
      Mythic+ players will deal with the following affixes:
      Bursting Quaking Fortified Weekly Quests
      Below is a list of all relevant weekly quests that should be completed this week:
      Fuel of a Doomed World and Invasion Onslaught (Argus weekly quests) reward 1,000 reputation with both Army of the Light and Argussian Reach. Unlocking Lightforged Draenei and Void Elves is gated behind Exalted reputation standing with both Argus factions. You can find more information here. Win 4 Battlegrounds for A Call to Battle from Archmage Timear to get 5 Marks of Honor, a Badge of Honor (1000 Honor), and a Glory of the Melee Artifact power token. Complete the weekly quest "Something Different" to get Brawler's Footlocker, 3 Marks of Honor and Soldier's Legacy (Artifact Power token). World Bosses (Upcoming World Boss Schedule (Until February 2018)
      Shar'thos
      Warriors can obtain Skull of Shar'thos from this week's world boss.
      Decaying Dragonfang Despoiled Dreamthread Cloak Hauberk of the Snarled Vale Chestplate of Blackened Emeralds Choker of Dreamthorns Raiments of Waking Nightmares Robe of Fever Dreams Mistress Alluradel
      Argus world bosses drop ilvl 930 loot. Don't forget to bring a Seal of Broken Fate for bonus rolls.
      Accursed Defiler's Mantle Breastplate of Terminal End Cinch of Detestable Guile Fel Mistress' Brand Fel-Spike Shoulderpads Leggings of Heinous Acts Mesmerizing Soul Hood Nefarious Light-Step Slippers Poison-Barbed Bracers Scourge of Perverse Desire Soul Crushing Stompers Spaulders of Vile Determination Waistguard of Devilish Deeds World Events
      Battlegrounds Bonus Event (February 20 - 27)
      Blizzard (Source)
      Steel yourself for Battleground combat!
      SEVEN DAYS ON THE BATTLEGROUNDS
      All this week, heading to the Battlegrounds will net you some extra Honor along with bonus loot for completing this week’s quest. To enter the fray, open Group Finder (hotkey: "I") and then select the Player vs. Player tab. Next choose Casual, select Random Battlegrounds, and hit the Join Battle button—you’ll be matched up with other players and sent to one of these 11 battlegrounds:
      Alterac Valley Arathi Basin Battle for Gilneas Deepwind Gorge Eye of the Storm Isle of Conquest Silvershard Mines Strand of the Ancients Temple of Kotmogu Twin Peaks Warsong Gulch WEEKLY QUEST
      Before you get started, Archmage Timear near Violet Hold in Dalaran has a quest for you. You can also pick up the quest from within the Adventure Guide. Win four random Battlegrounds, and you’ll be rewarded with 5 Marks of Honor, a Badge of Honor (1000 Honor), and a Glory of the Melee Artifact Power token (base 500 AP).
      BATTLEGROUND BUFF
      This week you gain 50% more Honor in Battlegrounds (Sign of Battle).
      A NEW EVENT EVERY WEEK
      The Bonus Events system consists of a rotating schedule of different activities, currently scheduled to run each week beginning on Tuesdays. Each Bonus Event grants a passive bonus to a particular game activity and offers a once-per-event quest with a noteworthy reward for accomplishing a related goal. The in-game calendar can serve as your one-stop reference for the event schedule. The Adventure Guide also offers a direct link to active Bonus Events, allowing you to easily accept any associated quests.
      PvP Brawl: Packed House (February 20 - 27)
      We’ve put more PvP in your PvP! In Packed House, there’s nowhere to hide as you face not 2, not 3, not 5, but 15 adversaries in this 15 vs. 15 Arena battle. (Source)
      Hatching of the Hippogryphs (February 23)
      Today is the day that the Frayfeather hippogryphs hatch. Head to the Frayfeather Highlands in Feralas to witness the spectacle firsthand!
      The micro-holiday lasts just one day and while there are no permament rewards, you can obtain a temporary hippogryph and Spectral Feather that extends its duration by 5 days.

    • By Starym

       
      Another impressive effort by a new competitior in the solo field.
      Well well, it seems there's a new competitor on the "insane solo" scene, as MrNinjaBurger aka Lockoclock (who, shockingly, is a Warlock) has delivered a brand new, extremely impressive solo performance. The kill was pretty tight on the timer, with the insanity mechanic putting a pretty strict limit on the DPS required.
       
      Huge congrats and good luck on your next endeavour Lockoclock!
      Source: r/wow.
      Header image by Irvast.