FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Webphut

Legion Order Hall Armor Set

Is not the 8 piece order hall armor set good enough for LFR and premade mythics? I ask, only because if I had not stumbled upon the complaints, I would have assumed you just complete the order hall quests and go raid and run mythics. All the loot is just added gravy at this point in my eyes. I am one piece shy of my 8th armor piece, and I am pretty happy with my toon. I would like to get trinkets and rings to match my armor i level, but as of right now (Im still learning the mechanics of the dungeons too keep in mind) my order hall set seems to work fine. Please fill me in. Why so many complaints.

I also been reading alot about squeezing out as much dps as possible from your toon. When i am reading my character spell book, Where you pull you spells from to place on action bar, I do not see some of the colateral procs and buffs that are mentioned in the forums and especially the sites that people run simulations of the toons on. Where do I read about these buffs and procs in the game?  like my spellbook? If the average casual player just wants to run a few mythics and some lfr on the weekends, is this what I need to do to not get kicked from a raid in the future? I play a lock and hunter. Still need to level lock to 110, but happy with hunter. No one has sent me any nasty whispers.

Think of the orderhall set as an outdoors questing set.  Some classes get a benefit from it by having their good stats on the pieces and maybe a good set bonus for 5 pieces.  Most of the time, gear from Mythics and LFR will always be better.

It works until you get other gear, just don't rely on it and keep using it after you get said gear.

15 hours ago, Webphut said:

I also been reading alot about squeezing out as much dps as possible from your toon. When i am reading my character spell book, Where you pull you spells from to place on action bar, I do not see some of the colateral procs and buffs that are mentioned in the forums and especially the sites that people run simulations of the toons on. Where do I read about these buffs and procs in the game?  like my spellbook? If the average casual player just wants to run a few mythics and some lfr on the weekends, is this what I need to do to not get kicked from a raid in the future? I play a lock and hunter. Still need to level lock to 110, but happy with hunter. No one has sent me any nasty whispers.

I’d recommend to just read the IV class guides. There you should find all rotations and priorities for your skills. BUT if you just want to play in LFR and normal mythics you don’t have to squeeze out every bit of DPS from your class. On the other hand if you plan on running higher mythic+ dungeons I’d try to find out how to optimize my dps.

To the Armorset:  it’s fine as long as you don’t have better stuff. The first two set boni apply only outside so you don’t benefit in dungeons from them. The last two are not bad but also not worth keeping 8 peacies of armor if you’ve already better pieces available.

While the bonus is nice.  The gears is 810 - 850 depending on the piece.  After you start running Heroic Dungeon's and doing world quests the gear doesn't stack up.  I have never had an abundance of Order Resources so I haven't upgraded the items to be honest.  Nice to have the collection but I can't see me wearing it.  (Unless I transmog it for fun).

As mentioned above, the set is very good when completing content in the outdoor world. If you're not pushing top-end content, you'll just use the set until you get better items. You can upgrade the set via resources if you really want to and pray for TF to drop from the content you're doing, assuming its base iLvL is below your set.