FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stan

Patch 7.1: Suramar Campaign Quests

K7SEw65.jpg

The Suramar campaign continues in Patch 7.1 with new quests, and a variety of rewards including items, a mount and Artifact Power.

If you thought you'd be finished with Suramar after hitting Exalted, you merely had a break! In Patch 7.1, the campaign continues with a nine-week quest series culminating in the InsurrectionInsurrection achievement. Arcanist's ManasaberArcanist's Manasaber reward will likely require the Nighthold to open first. Finishing parts of the quest line award items with an item level range of 830 - 850 and Artifact Power as usual. If you've got Alchemy, don't forget to grab the new elixir recipe Recipe: Potion of Prolonged PowerRecipe: Potion of Prolonged Power.

Patch 7.1 Suramar Campaign Quests

To start the quests, you need to have Exalted reputation.

The following quest series have been added:

If you hate spoilers, stop reading right now or proceed at your own risk. You have been warned.

Spoiler

Suramar is heavy under siege and both the Alliance & Horde send their forces to help. The innkeeper that provided port to Shal'Aran has been killed and you need to save a lot of inhabitants of Suramar and set up a new portal. You'll see

• More powerful demons were added to Suramar. They now instantly root you and remove MasqueradeMasquerade.
  • Vanthir is made a public example of in the center of Suramar, placed in a magical prison to wither away.

The quest mainly involves the elven races and the tensions are high! All the elven races set up a camp outside of Suramar.

Kal'dorei (Night Elves)

Represented by Tyrande Whisperwind

• She's nostalgic about Suramar (her city of birth). Ten thousand years she returns to wrest it from the grasp of those she once believed were her people.
  • She has Kal'dorei Scouts & Sentinels.

Shal'dorei (Nightborne)

Represented by Thalyssra.

Sin'dorei (Blood Elves)

Represented by Lady Liadrin

• Thinks that only her blood knights are capable of solving the conflict (she's very vocal about her battlefield capabilities).
  • Veressa is too obsessed with revenge against the Horde.
  • Tyrande knows little of a war of this type of battlefield.

Quel'dorei (High Elves)

Represented by Vereesa Windrunner

• She can't imagine to share the same camp with the Kal'dorei, distrusts the Horde and doubts blood elven capabilities.

Elisande (the penultimate boss of the Nighthold) makes an appearance during Gates of the Nighthold where she discredits all of the elven races. Her quotes are along these lines:

• Kaldorei? You disgrace a glorious past, hiding in trees and cloaking yourselves in false piety. You have grown as savage as the trolls that skulk about your forests.
  • Quel'dorei? You are peasants playing at nobility, all too willing to mingle with lesser races that dilute your bloodline. You are unworthy of the name high elves.
  • Sin'dorei? Of all the elves, I thought you might understand the choice I made to save my people. Instead, you ally with misfits and monsters.

"Each of you has debased your proud lineage. Each of you has forgotten the ancient power that is our birthright. But Suramar remembers! We are the Nightborne, last of the true elves. The rest of you are hollow echoes of our greatness."

Elisande traps everyone in a time barrier. You as a player literally save Khadgar from getting caught and later on, depending on your faction you alongside Khadgar save:

• Tyrande as an Alliance player.
  • Liadrin as a Horde player.

It's a pity Blizzard discredits fate of a major lore character to player's faction choice. You don't learn what happens with the opposing faction's Hero.

The fate of Vereesa and the elven forces remains unknown.

The quest line ends with Khadgar and Thalyssra waiting outside the Nighthold entrance. Khadgar orders you to gather a group of elite champions and return when Nighthold opens, knowingly announcing that "The Withered won't last long in there."

Gameplay Footage

If you want to watch the whole quest line, here are videos associated to it.

Spoiler

Is it an actual choice though? It reads like it's one of those things where "adventurers" save both and you just see which side your faction represents, no?

Spoiler above!

Edited by Breadgehog
Spoiler clarification

1 hour ago, Breadgehog said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler above!

Spoiler

You don't decide. You just basically don't know what happens with the opposing's faction. I've edited the part for clarity.

11 hours ago, Stan said:

If you thought you'd be finished with Suramar after hitting Exalted, you merely had a break!

*sobs quietly* I'm not even exalted... that will probably take me weel in to next week... to immediatly start at it again... Oh God!

5 hours ago, Tectonn said:

*sobs quietly* I'm not even exalted... that will probably take me weel in to next week... to immediatly start at it again... Oh God!

Same here, though I don't mind too much. At first I hated Suramar quite a bit but I'm slowly but surely growing more attached to it. If anything it makes the 3-daily mana grind for the zombie training more bearable.

19 hours ago, Stan said:
  Reveal hidden contents

You don't decide. You just basically don't know what happens with the opposing's faction. I've edited the part for clarity.

Alright, thanks! I wasn't sure, Blizzard's been getting a little looser with canon between the Alliance/Horde commander in WoD and now all the artifact wielders/order hall leaders, so it could well have been a choice haha.

10 hours ago, Tectonn said:

EXALTED WAS ONLY A SETBACK

They need to increase the amount of reputation you get. Grinding rep to exalted is a pain, especially if you play more than one character. Getting exalted with the Nightfallen, who provide the least amount of rep for their quests compared to other factions, is ridiculous. Yeah let's gate quests behind something that takes forever and a day to complete. Makes no sense.

1 hour ago, ChaosDecides said:

They need to increase the amount of reputation you get. Grinding rep to exalted is a pain, especially if you play more than one character. Getting exalted with the Nightfallen, who provide the least amount of rep for their quests compared to other factions, is ridiculous. Yeah let's gate quests behind something that takes forever and a day to complete. Makes no sense.

As long as you consistently push for the Nightfallen reward from the Kirin Tor quest too, I've found it OK, at least for my alts. I've got 2 at exalted, 3 at revered 14k+. I'm just kind of chugging along, but even with 1 at exalted, I'll be happy to just play through the questline.

3 hours ago, Blainie said:

As long as you consistently push for the Nightfallen reward from the Kirin Tor quest too, I've found it OK, at least for my alts. I've got 2 at exalted, 3 at revered 14k+. I'm just kind of chugging along, but even with 1 at exalted, I'll be happy to just play through the questline.

But isn't the Kirin Tor a matter of RNG as far as getting that emissary?

I hope they implement something like medals of commendation or whatever those were in MOP. I have 6 110's right now, and of course I'm the exception because I play so many toons, but I also want to level multiple professions as well and the three star recipes are gated by exalted which only adds insult to injury.

If they would extend rep rewards to other parts of the game like dungeons or raids it would at least create some alternatives to questing.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Darkjester79 said:

Sad Panda.  I'm not even exalted but oh well.  I have been enjoying the city a chunk.

The zone is beautiful and I've enjoyed every part of it except some really annoying quests like the one where you need to align the lasers. That quest was literally driving me crazy. At the end of the day, I don't want to think, I just want to bash keys and kill stuff. First time doing the quest, I was randomly clicking the stuff like a monkey, hoping to finish it :D oh and there's MasqueradeMasquerade. Am I the only one who totally hates Suramar, because of that?

On 10/21/2016 at 2:22 PM, ChaosDecides said:

But isn't the Kirin Tor a matter of RNG as far as getting that emissary?

It is, yeah, but it's a nice chunk of 750 reputation every so often!