FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Azzy

Frost trinket weights

Hey all wondering if I could get some votes towards which set of trinkets I currently have might be best.

My current stats:

ilvl 856 Frost dk with 30% crit, 21% haste, 31% mastery, and 2% vers. Currently my sims have been showing that a titan forged 880 unstable arcano crystal out of all of my trinkets is best, and its saying an 840 spiked counter measures is my second best. However I also have an 860 ettin toenail, and an 850 horn of valor. Now in shorter fights the horn is performing better, but still is the sim over valuing the counter weight? Especially since that cap is incredibly easy to reach. 

Use trinkets will always perform better on short fights because you can pop them with everything else in the beginning.  On longer fights though, you have to hope things line up perfectly again when it's off cooldown, so I prefer stat sticks or good proc trinkets for longer fights.

Now, I have a memento, faulty countermeasure, nightmare egg shell and a spiked counterweight along with a nice 845 str/crit trinket.  I have messed around with many combos of that, and spiked counterweight is always better in any combo and might just be our BIS trinket right now, ilevels being even.  The proc on it is amazing even if you reach the extra damage cap and have the buff fall off.  It seems to be only the extra damage from the buff that goes towards it and not total damage you do while it's up.  I was using the nightmare egg shell until i got my haste over 20, and found better results switching to the str/cri trinket at that point to get my crit where i wanted it as well.  I wasn't lucky enough to get an unstable arcanocrystal even though i bonus rolled both weeks he was up.

I believe right now for frost, the spiked counterweight and unstable arcanocrystal is our best trinket combo.  I reccommend farming brh and trying to get an upgraded counterweight.  I was lucky the other day and got an 860 titanforged one to replace my 840 one.

PS:  I was already running runic attenuation for single target in raids before patch, so my trinket testing wasn't with using frostscythe for single target.

Edited by Ariakas83

4 hours ago, Ariakas83 said:

Use trinkets will always perform better on short fights because you can pop them with everything else in the beginning.  On longer fights though, you have to hope things line up perfectly again when it's off cooldown, so I prefer stat sticks or good proc trinkets for longer fights.

Now, I have a memento, faulty countermeasure, nightmare egg shell and a spiked counterweight along with a nice 845 str/crit trinket.  I have messed around with many combos of that, and spiked counterweight is always better in any combo and might just be our BIS trinket right now, ilevels being even.  The proc on it is amazing even if you reach the extra damage cap and have the buff fall off.  It seems to be only the extra damage from the buff that goes towards it and not total damage you do while it's up.  I was using the nightmare egg shell until i got my haste over 20, and found better results switching to the str/cri trinket at that point to get my crit where i wanted it as well.  I wasn't lucky enough to get an unstable arcanocrystal even though i bonus rolled both weeks he was up.

I believe right now for frost, the spiked counterweight and unstable arcanocrystal is our best trinket combo.  I reccommend farming brh and trying to get an upgraded counterweight.  I was lucky the other day and got an 860 titanforged one to replace my 840 one.

PS:  I was already running runic attenuation for single target in raids before patch, so my trinket testing wasn't with using frostscythe for single target.

I think with frostscythe a stat stick or something that compliments the aoe would be better than counterweight, but thank you for the input. I have done sims with it, and it seemed to suggest it was probably the best out of my set of trinkets, but I was unsure given the relatively low cap of the amount itself.