Stan

wow Gold Making: TSM Sniper

11 posts in this topic

kMHc9Zr.jpg

You may have heard the term sniper when it comes down to gold making. Let's look at this powerful TSM feature in more detail.

Sniper?

Sniper is TradeSkillMaster's powerful function which allows real-time AH scanning. While performing the scan, it constantly fetches the last page of the Auction House for auctions that have been posted way below what they should sell for. Items that have been posted cheap by accident also show up on your scan list for a quick buyout. All you need is a proper setup.

How Much Gold Can I Make on Average?

It's hard to tell as you would need to have Auction House opened all the time and the more you scan the more gold you can earn. What I'd suggest is to have a separate WoW account just for Sniping. This way, you can constantly scan and also enjoy the game on your main account at the same time.

Here are some of my latest snipes listed by their average resale profit. See ObliterumObliterum in that list? That was an accident.

Snímka obrazovky 2016-10-28 o 1.09.38.png

Where Do I Get TSM?

• Download it via the official website of TradeSkillMaster. It's good to install complement addons, such as TSM Destroy, Vendoring or the entire suite.
  • The TSM desktop app available for both Windows/Mac is also a must, so you don't have to constantly rescan the Auction House.

Setup

• Run the TSM app before launching the game.
  • Addons obviously need to be placed in the */Addons folder as usual and enabled in-game.

The Formula

First we need to define Custom Prices and minprice. Type /TSM and on the firs tab, navigate to Custom Price Sources and insert the following code, hit okay.

max(min(DBHistorical, DBGlobalMarketAvg, DBGlobalHistorical, DBRegionMarketAvg, DBRegionHistorical), VendorSell)

Snímka obrazovky 2016-10-28 o 1.12.03.png

Now we need to define our sniper formula. It is used to filter out all the items to tell us which is the best to buy and resell. You can configure it under Options/Core Features and from the "Module Options" dropdown, go to Shopping > Sniper Options. We'll be inserting our custom formula in the field just under the "Test Selected Sound" button.

Snímka obrazovky 2016-10-28 o 1.10.57.png 

I have been using the fomula of BilisOnyxia for some time now and this is the code you need to insert there.

check(minprice - 100000g, 90% minprice, check(minprice - 50000g, 80% minprice, check(minprice - 10000g, 60% minprice, check(minprice - 5000g, 50% minprice, check(minprice - 1000g, 30% minprice, check(minprice - 500g, 20% minprice, check(minprice - 50g, 10% minprice)))))))

What Does It Mean?

The check() function works like an if/else conditional statement. The function can take 2-3 parameters. Each parameter is seperated by a comma. What the check() function does is, it checks if the first parameter is greater than zero. If it is, it will use the second parameter. If it is not greater than zero (equal to or smaller than zero) it will use the third parameter (If there is no third parameter the whole function will result in an invalid price).

So, check(DBMarket - 100g, 50% DBMarket, 30% DBMarket) would first check whether the result of "DBMarket - 100g" is greater than zero. If it is, it will use 50% DBMarket, if it is not it will use 30% DBMarket. What this means is, if an item has a DBMarket value of more than 100g, 50% DBMarket will be used, if it has a DBMarket value of 100g or less, 30% DBMarket will be used.

Knowing how the check() function works, you might already see where the formula is going.
Here is a little easier to read breakdown of the formula:

• If an item's value is greater than 100k gold, use 90%.
  • If an item's value is greater than 50k gold, use 80%.
  • If an item's value is greater than 10k gold, use 60%.
  • If an item's value is greater than 5k gold, use 50%.
  • If an item's value is greater than 1k gold, use 30%.
  • If an item's value is greater than 500g gold, use 20%.
  • If an item's value is greater than 50g, use 10%.
  • If an item's value is 50g or less, exclude it no matter how cheap it gets listed.

We're all set now, navigate to the last tab of the Auction House UI > Custom Filter / Other Sources and click "Start Sniper". This will start the scan, you can set up the sound you want to hear when an item appears in the list for quick buyout.

Snímka obrazovky 2016-10-28 o 1.12.22.png

Sniper Results Awareness

Sniping is supposed to be semi-automated. It still requires common sense as some results may be false positives, like duped Saber's gems, which are often underpriced.

1 person likes this

Getting invalid word minprice error after copying and pasting the function above

Ok found what I did wrong there. Now if it would only return some data. Just says scanning last page

The first code isnt working. Says it only allows for letters. Can someone explain how they managed to copy and use that code, please?

6 hours ago, Papabard said:

Getting invalid word minprice error after copying and pasting the function above

This happens when you input the second formula without defining minprice first.

6 hours ago, Papabard said:

Ok found what I did wrong there. Now if it would only return some data. Just says scanning last page

It's supposed to scan the last page only.

3 hours ago, Kurtlol said:

I've been using it, nothing showed up for 1 hour, i gave up ^^

Patience is a virtue :) I've just got Leystone Orex200 for 24gold :D

57 minutes ago, Malbabo said:

The first code isnt working. Says it only allows for letters. Can someone explain how they managed to copy and use that code, please?

type minprice and press ok then you get another box that lets you paste the code 

I cant find "Sniper" anywhere. Can someone give me a link where i can download it pls?

1 hour ago, Kirom said:

I cant find "Sniper" anywhere. Can someone give me a link where i can download it pls?

Its in Tradeskillmaster its not a standalone addon

Thanks for a great guide. I have done everything to the letter, and items are popping up.. BUT, alot of them are below 50g. How do i make it, so these items dont appear? I copied the code aswell. I have disabled the "below vendor price" option. Again, thanks! :)

Edited by Moeior1988

My retard self finally figured out where I went wrong. Thanks for the post :)

Edited by Ozsavsta

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Sappora
      Methodical is in search of dedicated players that are looking to push content in a semi-hardcore environment. All of our raiders try to be on a first-name basis with each other. Our raids are very fun when it comes to farm and carries, however, we do clean up when it's time for progression. When it comes to raiding we do provide benefits, paid for by selling carries. 
      All-in-all we are looking for players willing to: consistently improve their performance, take responsibility, and synergize with a group of players. If this interests you, all of our info is below.
      Information:
      Guild: Methodical
      Creation: 2013
      Server: Bleeding Hollow
      Faction: Horde
      VoIP: Discord
      Raids:
      Raid Progression: See Progression Above.
      Raid Dates: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday.
      Raid Times: 9:30P-12:30A EST (Be online by 9:15P)
      Benefits:
      Spirit Cauldrons
      Potion Program
      Extensive Raid Repairs
      Recruitment:
      Those that are low we are not in need of but will trial, those medium and high are in need!

deathknight (dd) low demon (hunter) low druid (balance) high druid (feral-dd) low hunter medium mage medium monk (healer) medium monk (dd) low paladin (retribution) low priest (dd) high rogue medium shaman (restoration) high warlock high  
      If interested please contact one of the players listed below we can give information about: Bleeding Hollow, Methodical, and our raids. 
      Contact Info:
      Merkshow#1993 (GM)
      Sappora#1724 (Recruitment)
      Headbandit64#1668 (Raid Leader)
      Franny#1457 (Officer)
      Borlax#1380 (Officer)
    • By Stan
      World Quests have had their rewards updated, demons are invading various parts of the Broken Shore and reputations with Legion factions beyond Exalted yield additional rewards.
      World Quests
      Had their rewards bumped up to item level 860+.

Demon Assaults
      On PTRs, zones are periodically under attack and they switch every 3 hours, but it may be only to speed up testing. Once you zone in, you'll auto-accept the following quests if the zone you enter is under attack, for example Assault on Val'sharah. You have to complete 6 invasions in that area. Assaults are basically the same as World Quests. When a zone is invaded, no World Quests are available.
      An invasion is indicated by a big logo on the world map.

Invasion quests also have different icons than regular World Quests.

Demons are all over the place. You will be closing portals, killing various enemies including commanders.

Flight Master Mount Change
      The flying mount used for transport across the Broken Shore has changed.

Reputation Paragon
      If you've reached Exalted with Legion factions, every 20,000 additional reputation you'll get will award additional caches. We don't know if the caches have an increased chance to give you a Legendary or notable item upgrades, but let's hope the rewards are better, because you don't collect 20,000 reputation in the blink of an eye and getting an item level 835 that ends as a Chaos Crystal is all but rewarding. It's also worth noting that saving all reputation items for 7.2 isn't a bad idea as they will come in handy. Obtaining 10 caches rewards the Paragon of the Broken Isles achievement.
      Dreamweaver Cache Farondis Chest Highmountain Supplies Nightfallen Cache Valarjar Strongbox Warden's Supply Kit
      Image is a courtesy of redditor cardiganz.
    • By Stan
      The first micro-holiday, Call of the Scarab, brings with it a gold-making opportunity. Selling meat can be profitable.
      Warlord Gorchuk and Master Sergeant Fizzlebolt are Meat vendors and you can find them near the Scarab Gong in Silithus for the duration of the event. They allow the turn-in of 20 pieces of various meat for 20 Alliance Qiraji Commendations // 20 Horde Qiraji Commendations per turn-in for your faction.
      The following meat can be farmed and resold on the Auction House.
      Chilled Meat Crocolisk Tail Crunchy Spider Leg Lean Shank Raw Clefthoof Meat Raw Tiger Steak Sandworm Meat
    • By Stan
      Pet Battle Dungeons are here. So far, only Wailing Caverns are available for testing. It's a scenario with 7 stages and increasing difficulty, where you fight your way up to get an Ultimate Battle-Training Stone and eventually, Damp Pet Supplies.
      Pet Battle Dungeons
      If you have at least one level 25 pet, go to Dalaran and talk to Serr'ah. She will offer a quest called A Call from the Caverns.  Teleport to Orgrimmar and go to Crossroads. There you'll have to find Muyani. She offers another quest Wailing Critters, which rewards Ultimate Battle-Training Stone. Talk to her again and you will enter a scenario (Scenario: Wailing Critters) with 7 stages. Wailing Caverns is the only pet battle dungeon that's currently available and it functions like a scenario. You will be fighting pets and the difficulty increases as you progress through stages. You are able to Revive Battle Pets inside dungeons. When you complete the quest and turn it in, you will be offered another weekly quest, but this time, you won't be able to revive or heal your pets - Pet Battle Challenge: Wailing Caverns. When complete, you'll get Damp Pet Supplies. The bag contains some of the recently added pets. New Pets
      A list of new pets that have been added in 7.2 can be found here. Pet Battle Dungeons Screenshots

• By Stan
      Patch 7.2 adds a new dungeon called Cathedral of Eternal Night. Drops from existing dungeons had an item level bump, Karazhan has been split into two and Vantus Runes are coming for Mythic+ dungeons.
      Dungeon Changes
      Health of enemies inside dungeons has been increased. To compensate, the item level of items that drop inside dungeons has been increased. Normal difficulty - item level 825+ Heroic difficulty - item level 845+ Mythic difficulty - item level 865+ The changes are really good as dungeons will stay relevant throughout the expansion. In previous expansions, dungeons were only used for initial gearing and for the daily dungeon bonus. Karazhan has been split into Lower / Upper Karazhan and can be now accessed via Dungeon Finder. Mythic+ Dungeons
      Are receiving Vantus Runes in 7.2. You can use one per dungeon / week.
      Vantus Rune: Black Rook Hold Vantus Rune: Cathedral of Eternal Night Vantus Rune: Court of Stars Vantus Rune: Darkheart Thicket Vantus Rune: Eye of Azshara Vantus Rune: Halls of Valor Vantus Rune: Maw of Souls Vantus Rune: Neltharion's Lair Vantus Rune: Return to Karazhan (Lower) Vantus Rune: Return to Karazhan (Upper) Vantus Rune: Vault of the Wardens Vantus Rune: Violet Hold Vantus Rune: The Arcway Tomb of Sargeras Vantus Runes
      Vantus Rune: Demonic Inquisition Vantus Rune: Fallen Avatar Vantus Rune: Fel Titan Vantus Rune: Goroth Vantus Rune: Harjatan the Bludger Vantus Rune: Kil'jaeden Vantus Rune: Mistress Sassz'ine Vantus Rune: Sisters of the Moon Vantus Rune: The Desolate Host Vantus Rune: Tomb of Sargeras What do you think about Vantus Runes being added to Mythic+ dungeons?