FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Tarazet

Eye of Command

This is one of the trinkets from the Karazhan 5-man. I got one that warforged to 865, and Ask Mr. Robot rates this trinket higher than Bloodthirsty Instinct at the same item level. That surprised me since the community considers this to be one of the best trinkets for Enhancement. Simple math bears this out at least in a patchwerk fight: the 860 version gives you 1353 Agility and 1400 Critical Strike at all times, for as long as you stay on the same target. That equates to about a 4% increase in Critical Strike chance, which is nothing to sniff at.

However, there is a caveat. Because the buff has to stack with your autoattacks, the trinket has some ramp-up time and it loses a ton of its value if you have to target-swap a lot. That's not only in dungeons, where you are rarely on the same target longer than 10 seconds, but also on fights like Il'gynoth where you have high-priority adds that only live a few seconds. That unfortunately clashes with one of Enhancement's best strengths. Since we carry all of our buffs on ourselves and don't apply it to the mob, that means we have full DPS instantly when we swap targets and can delete them at will. Eye of Command undermines that. Just a little bit, but it is notable if you have to do it constantly throughout the encounter. And on Mythic difficulty, that's pretty much every fight.

Edited by Tarazet

Note that your you have 2 hammers which is 2 different auto attacks at once and with windfury procs you will be getting many auto attacks out at a time which may be the reason that this is such a good trinket for enhance.

Personally I hate this trinket and will never use it simply because of the need to swap targets which automatically kills the buff and the crit being virtually useless despite sims saying it's okay. And if I have to do some mechanic in the fight I guess I'll have to stack it up again. Not worth the hassle.

On 11/19/2016 at 8:46 PM, Kargar said:

Personally I hate this trinket and will never use it simply because of the need to swap targets which automatically kills the buff and the crit being virtually useless despite sims saying it's okay. And if I have to do some mechanic in the fight I guess I'll have to stack it up again. Not worth the hassle.

Crit isn't a great stat for us and doesn't have any synergy, but there is enough of it to make it a good trinket if you can keep decent uptime on it. The trinket performs brilliantly in Heroics where there are legitimate single target fights like Nythendra and Ursoc, but it falters on Cenarius and Xavius where you are swapping nonstop. On those fights I was using an Agi/Mastery stat stick and it was doing better overall. And in the Mythic level you have a lot more adds to take care of.