FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Vestion

Advice on demo dps with Lei shen trinket (logs)

On saturday I had my first raid with the Lei shen trinket (finally got it after countless LFR's and bonus rolls). I learnt the new opener and all, and overall I defeintly have seen a dps increase, though I feel I should be doing more with my ilev and through proper use of the trinket. These logs are of a whole 4 hour raid, with 11 tries on Horridon HC (the wipe on norm was beause we dps'ed horridon too quickly and got the wargod on third door. I told them corruption dosnt hurt that much, that it was only for DF generation, they didnt believe me xD Then again empowered dooms throughout probably didnt help) So I dont expect comments on every single try on every single boss, just ones where people can point out things im doing wrong ect.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-56kutxrnjzyd2sqe/details/8/?enc=bosses

Jin'rokh: 1 potion use. Doom uptime = 82%. Both of these should be corrected.

Horridon: if you're progressing on heroic, Demonology is not the way to go. If you insist on it, quit using Sacrifice. It is an AoE centered fight with high DPS bursts required at intervals of time. This is why Destruction excels at this fight when you are progressing. Play Demonology after it is on farm. For your Heroic attempts (not looking at all of them), Corruption is going to be difficult to maintain on Horridon with your attention diverted elsewhere. Kill adds in Metamorphosis to get 100 Demonic Fury.

Council: Corruption uptime is pretty horrid. Make sure this is at least always on your current target.

Tortos: why is your group doing this on normal? You have the DPS and raid comp to do heroic. Killing a boss in 2:42 shows you're ready to bump up the difficulty. Tortos is much easier than Horridon from a progression standpoint. This is also not a good fight for Sacrifice. It's clear you were AoEing the bats. A Felguard or Wrathguard would have been better suited for this.

It looks like you're just plugging in Sacrifice as Demo and rolling with it. Since you're destroying normals (when IMO, your group should be doing heroics), it's largely irrelevant. Twins, Tortos, Jikun, and Iron Qon are all much easier heroics than Horridon.

I don't feel that Demo is bad for Horridon HC, on first kill i did about 260k dps and the later ones about 300-310k dps.

Destro or affliction is really way better on this fight?

Edited by JvChequer

Jin'rokh: 1 potion use. Doom uptime = 82%. Both of these should be corrected.

I normally dont pre-pot on this boss because then the potition is still on CD by first pool, however I admit its stupid I didnt use another pot on second CDs. As for Doom, I dont really know whats going on there, but I will try and make sure its up all the time. I suspect I let if fall off in lighting storm when I was more worried about dancing.

Horridon: if you're progressing on heroic, Demonology is not the way to go. If you insist on it, quit using Sacrifice. It is an AoE centered fight with high DPS bursts required at intervals of time. This is why Destruction excels at this fight when you are progressing. Play Demonology after it is on farm. For your Heroic attempts (not looking at all of them), Corruption is going to be difficult to maintain on Horridon with your attention diverted elsewhere. Kill adds in Metamorphosis to get 100 Demonic Fury.

I dont really like destru as a spec, and I feel if I were to switch to it my dps would fall due to inexperiance with it. I will stop using sacrifise, however my theory behind it was it would be easier to nuke down horridon at the end with the 200% extra damage taken. Then agian, we arent even getting to that phase, so I will switch to service until we do.

Council: Corruption uptime is pretty horrid. Make sure this is at least always on your current target.

Yea I agree, to be honest I was so caught up with doom uptime that I just kind of forgot about corruption as I felt it didnt matter too much.

Tortos: why is your group doing this on normal? You have the DPS and raid comp to do heroic. Killing a boss in 2:42 shows you're ready to bump up the difficulty. Tortos is much easier than Horridon from a progression standpoint. This is also not a good fight for Sacrifice. It's clear you were AoEing the bats. A Felguard or Wrathguard would have been better suited for this.

We intend to do this boss on HC once we get Horridon, we dont want to be doing two HC bosses at a time when we can put the rest of the raid on farm to gear people up. Not to mention its just fun to faceroll sometimes. I used sac on this boss because I just focused the boss the whole time, turtle nuke wasnt needed by all. When we do this on HC I will take it seriously. Also, if you have a look at the logs you will see I didnt touch bats. Not even once.

Thanks for the reply to all of this anyway, I will take it into consideration.

Any tips zagam on Horridon HC for improve my dps?

http://www.worldoflo...s=11717&e=12408

My bad, the logs are in "HUE HUE BR BR", my DK don't know anything in english.

Numbers are the universal language! Your damage is fine. Your Mage...well...yeah. Getting beat by both tanks? Shameful. I gotta dig up a Demo log myself...I haven't done Horridon since May 15. I did 270k then...probably could do a good bit more now, so I'd say you're on pace. My fight lasted 8:15, yours 11:30. You're getting a higher uptime with Horridon at 200% increased damage, so you'll end up looking better. (Can't link my log because it's so old it's expired).

I did a very large majority of our progression attempts as Demonology and had our kill using it. I found GoServ to be amazing and it timed well with the big adds from each door. Dark Soul + 2 Felstorms + DOOM'ING ALL THE THINGS + Crit Dooms ticking away on the pink dino and Horridon is just too much to pass up. I also found the pet invaluable to knock the pink dino some extra distance away while focusing Horridon in the final phase. Just don't tunnel vision and remember to set the pet back on Horridon.

Overall, I don't feel it should be discounted as a progression spec for this fight. It has incredible burst potential where it counts and ridiculous sustain if you're lucky with procs on pink dino/Horridon Doom casts. I seriously Doom almost everything.

Destruction just kinda took the luck part out of it. Demo would be a better choice if you got the first pink dino, things lived long enough to have Doom applied to them, and had adds grouped up for Felstorm. Each group is different, so I guess I shouldn't have knocked Demo from a progression side. I incorrectly gauge things based on how my group does things.

Word. It's probably a 10/25 man thing. We have some carries, so certain mobs can last longer than they should. I'm sure all 10 of your members each raid are top notch, so in relation your mobs probably have much shorter life spans.

Numbers are the universal language! Your damage is fine. Your Mage...well...yeah. Getting beat by both tanks? Shameful. I gotta dig up a Demo log myself...I haven't done Horridon since May 15. I did 270k then...probably could do a good bit more now, so I'd say you're on pace. My fight lasted 8:15, yours 11:30. You're getting a higher uptime with Horridon at 200% increased damage, so you'll end up looking better. (Can't link my log because it's so old it's expired).

We replace him, poor dps, poor jokes, poor "dont stand in the fuckin' sand trap" thing.

Ok guys, thanks for the advice and all but i need to ask, what would you say to the numbers im currently getting? I know they can be better, but i also want an idea of where i am now.