FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Kishimo

Monk Haste

I'd like to first apologize if there is already a thread about this. I raid in a guild other than my own. My guild that my toon is in has a pretty decent raid team. They're 9/12 HM I believe. My heals on my monk are great, but I also like looking at what others are doing to try to improve myself.

Earlier today I saw my guild's Mistweaver monk in Shrine of Two Moons and I decided to inspect them to see what they're gemming/reforging at such a high item level (mine is 522, theirs is 538). I saw they were gemming mainly 320 haste in red and yellow slots and 160 haste + 160 Spirit in blue. I searched everywhere online to see if there would be a reason for this and I cannot find one.

I suppose my question would be am I supposed to be gemming that way too at some point? Is there another haste cap I'm not seeing?

Here's my armory link http://us.battle.net.../Kishimo/simple

Thanks in advance.

Well, if you see my armory you will notice that i have a ton of haste gems as well, but that is because I am going for the 12k haste breakpoint.

Looking over your armory, I would suggest a couple things.

• Too much spirit, I would recommend going down some.. If you raid 10 man, I usually see people go about 9-8k. 25 man, You should be getting rid of it as much as you can. Even more so when you get the legendary meta gem.
  • You are well over the first haste breakpoint. You can probably reach the 2nd one with no problem (6141)
What stats do you think you will value more? Int? or Crit? Theres some different ideas floating around and some people prefer to gem more crit than more int.

After deciding those things I can help you more with your stats.

also out of cuiosity, is this the monk you saw in your guild? http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/lightnings-blade/Pandagirlqt/advanced

I was contemplating getting rid of my pure spirit gems since I'm currently okay with mana. I generally prefer crit.

And yes that is the monk in my guild haha.

I am new to mistweaver my hpally was my main til a few weeks ago and now that our 10m group is doing heroics i feel like i should be able to keep up more with our disc priest. My hps is down i just recently reforged to more crit becuase i had too much spirit from what i've read on ur post and I'm too competitive to feel like i'm not doing well what is a good avg for hps on heroic horridon becuase if I was having mana issues before but that was when i had alot of spirit so I'm hoping come monday I will do better for our progression anything u can suggest here is world of log and i use reforgelite not mr robot but here are the links:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/llane/Soysaucey/simple

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/usa/llane/soysaucey

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/vogf6w59qle4dwu4/sum/healingDone/

Edited by Isis

I am new to mistweaver my hpally was my main til a few weeks ago and now that our 10m group is doing heroics i feel like i should be able to keep up more with our disc priest. My hps is down i just recently reforged to more crit becuase i had too much spirit from what i've read on ur post and I'm too competitive to feel like i'm not doing well what is a good avg for hps on heroic horridon becuase if I was having mana issues before but that was when i had alot of spirit so I'm hoping come monday I will do better for our progression anything u can suggest here is world of log and i use reforgelite not mr robot but here are the links:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/llane/Soysaucey/simple

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/usa/llane/soysaucey

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/vogf6w59qle4dwu4/sum/healingDone/

First off, you have WAY too much mastery gear.  Replace your neck with the Valor neck (spirit/crit) and replace one of your rings with the crit/haste (prefered) or haste/spirit ring.

The rest of of your gear, just get rid of any and all mastery that you can.  Even if its an Ilvl upgrade, DON'T TAKE MASTERY GEAR.  Unless you're upgrading from LFR -> Heroic, its just not worth it.  Also get rid of that tier helm.  The Helm off of Megaera is much better because the 4pc is not really that worth it + more crit.

next you are about 800 haste below the next haste breakpoint so you can do some slight gem modifications.  

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/a59e1cce-7e10-4a7b-a126-024fa576dfec

if you want more spirit let me know.

Ty so much I will try anything and all u say I appreciate all your help. I will let u know on mon when we raid again. Many thnx!

Ty sooo much yesterday I kept up with our disc priest who is a beast, the whole night XD so excited putting good numbers finally. Ty for your help.

~Isis

Yea, don't gem haste.  Hast is not as important because of the RPPM change.  Just go for the lowest breakpoint your gear allows

if you are about 100 points or more above the haste cap (and cannot reforge) then you might as well just go for the next one

• Like 1

I think i have all my stuff fix finally and can out heal our disc priest. Its all due to ur help, so I very much appreciate it. biggrin.png

Edited by Isis

I always advocate stacking crit. And haste is not that important right now. Just get what ever breakpoint your gear allows.

These questions have bothering be for a long while. =/

I thought Crit is mainly for improving DPS when fist weave, but i guess not now....so what could crit give, just crit healing? and why is it better than intell?