FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Gwean

Need help with DPS

I don't quite know what's going on, but my DPS for my gear is low. 

Here's logs from our H Odyn attempt, and I'm not even pulling 200K some fights, I don't know why.  https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/f9jVnc4WQhBPkrxA#type=damage-done&source=7

I am pre-poting, but we're not hitting hero phase so there's no in fight poting, I'm saving that for burn.  I did not have agment ruins, didn't have time to grab them, my bad.  but I don't see that causing the low DPS I'm seeing.

The betl and trinket, Spontaneous Appendages,  are both new everything else is the same.  http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/shadow-council/Gwaeniiha/simple

Rotation is the usual spend HP as soon as I can with judgement active, otherwise build up.

According to other people on here(more knowledegable than I am), you only want 20-22% haste.  And honestly, when I sim using simc or askmrrobot, it seems to want me to be around 16%.

Either way, the 30% you have seems like far too much.  Additionally, Appendages is pretty poor as far as ret trinkets go. I'd just run every VoW you can find until you get Faulty Countermeasure.

I've been told 32.5% is the next break point which is what I'm hitting.  So I'm not sure if this is correct or not.  I'm holding onto other gear so I can swap things around if this is the case.

And yeah I know it's a crappy trinket, but it's an upgrade over what I had.  I've not even seen countermeasure drop.

9 hours ago, Maderos said:

I've heard that about the 32% breakpoint, but no official sources seem willing to confirm it.

There are no true break points and your stat weights will change with every piece of gear or talent you change. Because of this you have to sim your char over and over, or go for general stats and worry less about min-maxing in that regard. Perhaps I'm not as official a poster as you'd like but you can look up my paladin (foxes-Arthas, US) if you'd like to see my credibility.

As to your dps being low, it is a lot to do with trinkets. Also though uptime on boss/adds, not overlapping holy power, having patience to not TV if judge fell off are all things that can always be worked on :)

Edited by FoxBoulder
  • Like 1

Well I've been simming some alternate gear I have, and it seems like loosing haste lowers my DPS according to Sims, so I don't know what to think.

Also, got the countermeasure finally, so that's something, but I'm not sure if it's AMR sim that's the issue or what?

On 12/6/2016 at 10:46 PM, Gwean said:

Well I've been simming some alternate gear I have, and it seems like loosing haste lowers my DPS according to Sims, so I don't know what to think.

If this 'breakpoint' at 31% is true, then it would make sense that the closer you get to it the higher your dps gets, and vice versa.

You will probably continually lose dps until you get to '20-22%' "breakpoint" and stack other more useful stats in its place (at those lower levels,) for me it's Versatility.  https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/11349348/10/