FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Lehava

Warlock questions =)

Hey hello everyone

First off I want to start to say thank you to all the contributors to this forums.

I have been strolling through alot of threads and replies/comments to find a result. But I have not had any luck or I must be really blind =(. My deepest apologies if I missed out

The warlock kit has convinced me to put it as my main, coming from tanking heroic modes for quite a while.

I play both destro and demo, but love affli too. But some questions remain

Here is my armory so you have an idea what my character's glyphs/gems/reforges are like.

(http://eu.battle.net...Lehava/advanced)

Destro

At the moment, SimC AND Askmrrobot keep recommending me crit > haste > mastery. I am running a helterskelter fight. Now does this really give an edge single target? And if there are adds present , Tortos, Horridon for example. The value of mastery increases that I might consider crit > mastery > haste? I was really loving the haste=mastery > crit that I am following now.

Affliction

Is it worth bothering playing this spec before PPM trinkets/meta gem? I love how the spec works but find my damage and opener significantly lower. Highest I did was about 190k on the opener in this gear.

Demo

Here Simcraft tells me that mastery is complete crap compared to haste/crit. Mastery being at 1.73 , crit 1.95 and haste 2.01. How should I treat this then? Is my reforging all wrong now? Very unsure. At the moment I can push out 300K on my demo opener and 240k on my destro opener. I dont think I'm doing it that wrong.. I'm just quite confused

At the moment Should I try pushing the 8064 haste cap with my ilevel 515 gear yet?

Gemming

Should I consider getting gems with secondary stats yet? i.e Yellow = 320 haste / mastery?.

Sorry for a wall of text and questions, but it does my head in. Thanks to anyone for pointing out if I missed something somewhere, or anyone who provides an awesome to one or more questions

Edited by Lehava

Destro

At the moment, SimC AND Askmrrobot keep recommending me crit > haste > mastery. I am running a helterskelter fight. Now does this really give an edge single target? And if there are adds present , Tortos, Horridon for example. The value of mastery increases that I might consider crit > mastery > haste? I was really loving the haste=mastery > crit that I am following now.

Destro isn't that dependant on secondary stats , everything's "alright". but when you are dealing with adds and can shadowburn+havoc a lot the stat priority becomes Mastery > Crit . Haste loses a lot of value because all haste does is give you faster Rain of Fire / better ember regen, which is really not needed on fights like Horridon / Primo / Tortos. also Gosac becomes a lot better than goserv / gosup

Affliction

Is it worth bothering playing this spec before PPM trinkets/meta gem? I love how the spec works but find my damage and opener significantly lower. Highest I did was about 190k on the opener in this gear.

I'm afraid Affliction isn't really competitive with demo and destro until meta and 520+ ilvl.

Demo

Here Simcraft tells me that mastery is complete crap compared to haste/crit. Mastery being at 1.73 , crit 1.95 and haste 2.01. How should I treat this then? Is my reforging all wrong now? Very unsure. At the moment I can push out 300K on my demo opener and 240k on my destro opener. I dont think I'm doing it that wrong.. I'm just quite confused

At the moment Should I try pushing the 8064 haste cap with my ilevel 515 gear yet?

Mastery for demo becomes a LOT better when you get UVLS , it buffs your imps immensely . With UVLS the stat priority is Haste = Mastery.

8064 is way too high for your gear level , you would lose a lot of mastery / Crit .

imho just don't bother with demo until you get uvls , in that gear level destro is a lot better.

Gemming

Should I consider getting gems with secondary stats yet? i.e Yellow = 320 haste / mastery?.

Sorry for a wall of text and questions, but it does my head in. Thanks to anyone for pointing out if I missed something somewhere, or anyone who provides an awesome to one or more questions

yes you should always gem 320+ secondary stats.

• Like 1

Thank you for making effort and time to reply Zevrosh.

To clarify for myself, I should forget about putting haste in my gems and focus more on 320 crit or mastery (yellow), 80 int / 160 mastery/crit (red) and 160 crit or mastery / 160 hit? I am aware that a reforge wont make my dps skyrocket. And thats its only a marginal part of my dps as you pointed out. But I'd like to min maxing, prio mastery on fights with lots of ember regen (adds). And crit becoming better on fights like Jin'rokh?

P.S I thought Zagram said "crit is shit for all 3 specs" and that Int focussed gemming is better at lower ilevels.

Edited by Lehava

Hey hello everyone

First off I want to start to say thank you to all the contributors to this forums.

I have been strolling through alot of threads and replies/comments to find a result. But I have not had any luck or I must be really blind =(. My deepest apologies if I missed out

The warlock kit has convinced me to put it as my main, coming from tanking heroic modes for quite a while.

I play both destro and demo, but love affli too. But some questions remain

Here is my armory so you have an idea what my character's glyphs/gems/reforges are like.

(http://eu.battle.net...Lehava/advanced)

Destro

Affliction

Demo

Gemming

Simcraft will model all kinds of neat things, but it really can't generate simulated DPS in any of the fights we see because of buffs, debuffs, adds, AoE, target switching, and periods of no DPS.

There is a very deep understanding with the secondary stats that it is a preference, not a necessity, to reforge and gem a certain way. The difference between the various reforge/gem options is very small, so small that you can just pick the way you want to play. If you enjoy the Haste/Mastery push, play that way.

Affliction does fine. Really, all 3 specs are fine at all item levels except Demonology without UVLS. Just remember to not use Grim of Sac as Affliction anymore. If you need ranged DPS or target switching, use the Fel Imp. Otherwise, use the Observer.

Mastery is by far no where close to crap for Demonology. In fact, I'm a big believer it is its strongest stat, stronger than full Haste. Also, your comment about Mastery being "complete crap" compared to other stats with a difference in stat weights of 0.18 and 0.28 are incredibly misguided. The very essence of stat weights is computing DPS per point of secondary stat at THAT EXACT reforge and model. With a difference of 0.18, if you had 10,000 Crit and 1,000 Mastery, your DPS difference would be around 900 if you were to flip to 1,000 Crit and 10,000 Mastery. Is 900 even remotely conclusive in today's world of RPPM and rng? Nope. Simcraft is too inconclusive with all the RPPM factors going into today's DPS.

You should always gem secondary stats in all sockets. Orange gems for Red sockets, Green gems for Blue sockets, and Yellow gems for Yellow sockets.

• Like 1

A million thanks for clearing me up , Zagam

And my apologies for being such a noob on the stat weights =)

Edited by Lehava