Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Starym

d3 Patch 2.4.3 Overview [Official]

13 posts in this topic

f7vL5fg.jpg

A look at the patch coming this week, complete with a new Anniversary event video, new Legendary abilities added to old items and some pretty great quality of life improvements!

The new patch is coming this week, as the season is set to start on Friday, and the Diablo team have given us a look into what's coming with it. The Anniversary event is showing up as expected, as well as the usual legendary changes and additions and Greater Rift improvements, but the interesting part is something we really all could have used back in the Vanilla Inferno days: mobs can now die in mid-leap!

Blizzard LogoBlizzard (source)

Our next patch is coming soon! Read on to learn more about our Anniversary in-game event, several updated class and set items, updates to Greater Rifts, and the quality of life updates you’ll see in Patch 2.4.3.

XVZ5EJCXP7FB1372898195077.png

The Darkening of Tristram

An ancient evil stirs in the ruins of Old Tristram, and a mysterious portal has appeared that leads to the halls of an all-too familiar cathedral. Deep beneath the catacombs, the Dark Lord awaits any intrepid adventurer who dares to challenge him.

SSIO6J0Y4K7E1482364094393.jpg
Say it with me: FRESH MEAT!

For the month of January, experience an homage to the original events of Diablo, brought to you in glorious RetroVision™ and filled to the brim with nostalgia-inducing features. An evocative audiovisual extravaganza awaits you, as everything from familiar enemies to iconic items have been brought to life in the Diablo III engine. Transmogrification rewards, achievements, and a handful of extra surprises lurk in the depths of this perilous, pixelated dungeon.

Updated Items

As with previous patches, Patch 2.4.3 brings another round of updates to several Legendary and Set Items, including some new Legendary powers! Check out a few of the items we’ve updated, and don’t forget to read our PTR patch notes for the full list of class sets we’re changing.

KG9A9VIYL1QY1482364012998.jpg   16UT1EQYW6WO1482364012835.jpg   FEDZLRCSLT081482364012814.jpg

DWVLRHGOBW901482364012956.jpg   PVWO82XK9CKB1482364013045.jpg   BRPJHVZLRKAL1482364012917.jpg

Greater Rift Revisions

Greater Rifts are the bread and butter of any seasoned Diablo III player’s end-game experience. We’ve got a handful of updates in store to help smooth out your gameplay experience in these ever-changing dungeon delves.

D2AR580TPUGQ1482364007087.gif
One mob, two mob, dead mob, new mob!

Monster distribution has been spread out more evenly, and the size of each floor is now more consistent. On average, a rift should take between two to four floors to clear. The tile types you see will vary more frequently, making it much less likely to see the same floors follow each other back-to-back. Finally, those of you with survivability in mind will find extra reward in staying alive; players who avoid death in a Greater Rift will be rewarded with one additional chance to upgrade their Legendary Gems!

Quality of Life Changes

In addition to a slew of bug fixes, several quality of life changes are coming to Diablo III, affecting everything from monsters to the way you dye your gear!

Leaping enemies like Winged Assassins, Punishers, Lacuni Huntresses, and Burrowing Leapers can now be slain in mid-air, making for some pretty epic killing blows. Sharpen your blades, because enemies with unattackable phases like Sandsharks, Snakemen, and Rockworms will spend less time avoiding you and more time baring their fangs.

TGB2RNUAL08C1482364007057.gif
Dead before they hit the ground.

Several enemy affixes have been tweaked, including updates to Shielding, Reflects Damage, and Electrified. In addition, an entirely new affix, Juggernaut, is entering the fray. These monsters are nigh unstoppable as they are immune to all crowd control effects, but they move more slowly than other enemies and are more susceptible to damage.

Finally, Sanctuary’s finest fashionistas will find that their cache of dyes have moved to a new location! Dyes are now held by Myriam, the Mystic, and she’s happy to help you coordinate your boots and cloak to perfect chromatic harmony. Or dissonance. We won’t judge.

AZ0914KN6DJ71482364007087.gif
Whether you're fighting for the Zakarum or Whimsyshire, Myriam is happy to oblige.

XVZ5EJCXP7FB1372898195077.png

New adventures and loot are right around the corner with the next patch! We can’t wait to see what builds you’ll put together and the stories you’ll unfurl as we move into Season 9. What new changes are you most excited for? Let us know in the comments below, or ask any questions you might have about what’s in store. We’ll see you in Sanctuary!

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I have been wishing for the dye to become part of the transmog interface for awhile now :D although I am a bit disappointed its going to cost gold to use this is a welcome change indeed, thank you!

Edited by BlakeArmentrout

14 minutes ago, BlakeArmentrout said:

I have been wishing for the dye to become part of the transmog interface for awhile now :D although I am a bit disappointed its going to cost gold to use this is a welcome change indeed, thank you!

By the looks of it, it's a pretty small amount of gold.  Probably just the price of the dye normally at the normal vendors, just now all can be "bought" there at the mystic.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

22 hours ago, IVaccount said:

How do we start the new event?

In Act 1, just open up the map and you'll see an icon next to "Old Tristram" waypoint. Go there and look for a portal within the ruined town and you'll find your way from there!

Edited by Arkpit
2 people like this

On 1/3/2017 at 6:06 PM, BlakeArmentrout said:

You know I'm just thinking out loud, most of us that play regularly have in excess of a billion gold, 8.4 billion for me in inventory, not really sweating the cost of a dye job, just saying.  Doesn't hurt for the 25 Million gold rift empowering, or 20 million to upgrade 40 flawless gems or whatever.  If you are not able to acquire substantial gold for some reason just ask and i can provide simple tips to make you a billion gold in an afternoon usually.

1 person likes this

Anyone else think that this event is kinda crap...except the retro style i don't see anything interesting..

2 hours ago, Zagrash90 said:

Anyone else think that this event is kinda crap...except the retro style i don't see anything interesting..

As someone that always spends every season hunting for dyes... I mean, that's pretty nice. :D

1 hour ago, Blainie said:

As someone that always spends every season hunting for dyes... I mean, that's pretty nice. :D

Yeah it's kinda cool but that's part of the patch and it will remain after the event ends but the event it self it's noting special, i think i hyped too much about it.

Just now, Zagrash90 said:

Yeah it's kinda cool but that's part of the patch and it will remain after the event ends but the event it self it's noting special, i think i hyped too much about it.

I think the expectation leading  up to the announcement just hyped the whole event way too much. People expected so much and, while the event is definitely cool, it's not what they wanted.

1 person likes this

Concerning the 20th birthday event: Holy fuck, this is fucking bad.

I am sorry for the language, but this event is horrible. It is pathetic.

There are exactly two things in it which are good: The music (just go to Tristram, listen to the music, then leave. Seriously.)

And that you see a small part of the great D1 video.

An event as a monument (or just to honor) D1 - I would have loved to see this. And this is how they labeled this peace of trash.

What I have found seems like they had two trainees, who had nothing to do for a day or two. Well, Blizzard didn't want to give them the day off, that's why they made this event.

The same maps we have played a hunderd thousand times, just with a little optic filter? That's it? Seriously?

And then promoting it like it is something noteworthy? "We love Diablo" and other bullshit talk?

I would bet my life that the one who made this crap has either never played Diablo, had absolutly no idea how to program or had absolutly no ressources / time to do it.

For a fan-made map it would have been mediocre.

For a little gimic which hasn't been announced (just in the patch notes a little sentence: Oh, by the way, we had a few hours free time and did a little thing) it would have been barely acceptable.

For Blizzard and the marketing talk about it, it is a humiliation, it is a horrific revelation of lacking skill, engagement, enthusiasm.

It is beyond words.

I think a huge part of the disappointment of this event is that we've all been expecting a D1 and&or D2 HD remake for a long time now and then Blizz announced this instead so we kinda put all our expectations from that onto this.

One of the good things that did come out of this event is me playing D1 with a few mods again, which is still pretty damn amazing so...

On 1/3/2017 at 7:21 PM, Orthios said:

By the looks of it, it's a pretty small amount of gold.  Probably just the price of the dye normally at the normal vendors, just now all can be "bought" there at the mystic.

you kind of missed the point, its not the cost im complaining about, i have plenty of gold and its not an issue, it is the fact that cosmetic changes such as moging and dye shouldnt cost gold at all just because its stupid to have us pay for somthing we already technicly own and provide no real value other then to look cool. like i understand why enchanting costs money cus that is somthing that actualy provides a purpose and advantage to not otherwise have, and you obviously pay money to repair and forge new stuff, but asthetics should be free just out of principle imo.