CameronHuson

Resto feedback

5 posts in this topic

Hey guys,  first time posting up some healing logs.

I got into Legion a few weeks ago, and just did a normal emerald nightmare run, had some great dps in the group, but was hoping some of the resto druids here could give me a bit of feedback on my healing?

Hopefully this links  to all of the bosses, Xavius was my best one.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/TbkqZFm9rByQNR1H#type=healing 

Thanks guys

Hello,

I would like to point at some issues that I noticed when looking at your logs.

The first and the most important: your secondary stats distribution is  wrong for a resto druid. A raid prio would be Int>Haste>Crit>Mastery, a 5-man (M+) would be Int>Haste>Mastery>Crit but in any situation Haste is the best secondary for a resto druid while according to your logs, you have Haste somewhere in the bottom together with Versatility. I would highly recommend to change this.

I would recommend to change the Cocoon trinket too, it's not good and actually almost any other trinket with Int+secondary (Haste>Crit=Mastery) would be better. If you can get a Heightened Senses, it would be nice, or even some Int+Haste WQ trinket.

Regarding your spell usage - you should not spam Regrowth, just...never. The only use of Regrowth in raid is when Clearcasting procs or there's a person dying and you already applied all the possible HoTs and Ironbark on them.

Constant spam of Regrowth and Wild Growth grants you a habit of wrong healing style and you will go OoM in about 1.30 min with this kind of healing in any progress or long fight.

Your Rejuw usage is pretty low: for Resto Druid Rejuw is always the 1st place healing spell in logs both in healing done and mana efficiency. There are a long periods of 10-25 sec when you didn't cast Rejuw even once.

And just as a side note, you can use Lifebloom on targets other than tank, like people with Rot on Nythendra, Venom on Elerethe, etc. In this way it will do actual healing rather than 50-75% of overheal. It's not enough to just apply LB on CD, you should choose the targets so it would actually do the work :)

Ah, and I would advice for the Guardian Affinity in raids rather than Feral. It adds a passive healing on raid (Ysera's Gift) and a 6% reduced damage taken for you. 

That's it for now, hope it helps 

If you have any questions, feel free to ask :)

Regarding your spell usage - you should not spam Regrowth, just...never. The only use of Regrowth in raid is when Clearcasting procs or there's a person dying and you already applied all the possible HoTs and Ironbark on them.

Just nitpicking: under innervation using Regrowth is also acceptable. I usually cast innervate, then wild growth then go crazy with the regrowth until the innervation expires.

Thanks for the feedback Pandacho :)

I jump between Guardian Feral and Resto, so I haven't put any thought into stat priority, i'll try get more haste gear.

I've managed to dump the cocoon, and I'll try get into a Valor raid to try out the rejuv focus. I get into a bad habit of using regrowth to try snipe heal.

I do go OOM relatively fast :D

1 hour ago, CameronHuson said:

Thanks for the feedback Pandacho :)

I jump between Guardian Feral and Resto, so I haven't put any thought into stat priority, i'll try get more haste gear.

I've managed to dump the cocoon, and I'll try get into a Valor raid to try out the rejuv focus. I get into a bad habit of using regrowth to try snipe heal.

I do go OOM relatively fast :D

You can just jump to any LFR and try a different healing style there :) No pressure and no need to wait for a 'proper' raid ^^

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Ahdra2154
      We're a guild looking for people who want to have a great time, hang out with each other, laugh and have fun while killing stuff in raids! 

Guild Name: RaidCat
      Faction: Alliance
      Realm (EU): Silvermoon
      Realm Type: PVE
      Realm Timezone: CEST
      Progression: 8/11 HC Antorus
      Raid Times: 19:30st - 22:00st
      Raid Schedule: Friday and Monday (additional raids on Wednesday for alts, mythic etc)
      Openings: Range DPS (help us knock those melee off the top of the meters!)

We raid twice a week in the evenings with optional extra runs appearing as requested. 
      Currently we also raid on Wednesdays (normal) to help gear up mains and alts.
      As our raid roster increases and  heroic progress continues Wednesday evening will likely become a mythic progression night. However mythic is not our end goal or focus, but rather something we try to make extra time for. Social members also welcome!

Looking for: Range DPS (warlock, mage, hunter, shadow priest, hunter) Other applications considered.

We do everything from Transmog runs, PVP, Mythic+ and whatever else you can think of, with our main focus on raiding.

We are aiming for a relaxed yet skilled raiding environment where people can fill in for each other, not having to worry about always attending since people can fill in for you, focusing on having fun and improving ourselves with each kill.

We do care about people following tactics and knowing what they're doing (so do your homework or ask for help!) so we may actually get some stuff done as well, that's why we're looking mainly for experienced raiders that want a more flexible environment (if you are new to raiding you are still welcome)

We use Discord and you are welcome to join and hang out before deciding to move over.

Officers: Maxilloss & Ahdra#2154
    • By Pocimas
      Hello everyone,
      I want to ask for any tips on my logs, since I think I'm doing something wrong with my resto druid.
      I have good gear (currently 958 ilvl) but I see other druids with similar or less gear do way higher HPS than me on the logs. I think I should be doing more than 900/1k hps, but rarely go above 700 in many fights.
      Here are a couple of logs of Antorus hc:
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/cHZLXF1t8J7YMwBT
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/zGB27L8KYp4HXJZQ
      I searched the logs and I think one of my main problems for the lack of healing is the rejuvenations. Other druids do far more healing with same or less rejuvs, since my average casts is around 450k (and other druids go up to 750 or even 1000).
      I don't know if it's a problem with timing or overhealing (other healers snipping me), but I want to know other opinions.
      Thanks a lot for your help.
    • By FoxShine
      Hello! This is Fox from Velocity. We're a daytime Mythic raiding guild on Sargeras looking to enhance our roster with skilled and reliable players.
      The goal of Velocity is to take down mythic bosses and have fun doing it. We believe the two are not mutually exclusive! We’re searching for like-minded players who are interested in playing at a high level in a laid-back environment. If you can joke around, then focus up when you need to; this is the guild for you. 
      Our core is composed of veteran raiders. Some of us have been playing together for years, and some of us are new friends. We have a solid core
      for our dream team – we’re just searching for a few more to help round it out! 
        [A] <Velocity> 2/11M, 11/11H – (5/9M 7/10M 7/7M)

Raid Times: 10am-1pm CST | Tues/Wed/Thurs 
        Recruitment Needs
      Ranged DPS! – Shadow Priest, Warlock, Ele Shaman, Mage, Boomkin
      Healers! - The Flexier the better. Priest, Disc/Holy. Pally or Monk
      Tank – Tank with DPS offspec, who may want to tank fulltime. Bear / Monk
      Melee – Enh Shaman, Sub Rogue, Warrior, Monk - other (low priority)
      Note: We are primarily looking for ranged DPS, but we will consider any good player.

Requirements
      Players with some mythic raiding experienced is preferred. Looking for players that are geared and ready to jump into mythic content straight away or very soon. 

Attendance
      We are a guild of dedicated and ambitious players. Commitment to our raid times is mandatory. We’re interested in consistent players who are realistic and honest about their day-to-day schedule. Raiders are required to communicate any tardiness or absences via a Discord channel or through tells with an officer. Schedules change, things come up and real life always comes first. All we ask for is a heads up!

Trial Period
      Three weeks from start date or 9 consecutive days demonstrating attendance and play. Start date begins on the 1st raid day you are present.

What you can Expect from us:
      Dedicated leadership, communication, well defined goals, and a sense of community. Apart from raiding we also run M+ with each other every week. 

What we expect from you:
      90% Attendance. Players who can survive and react to mechanics while excelling at their role of damage or healing. Many players struggle to do one, we are looking for both. Apart from this, just be a friendly player who’s always striving to improve. It might also be a good idea to bring a sense of humor.

If we sound like a good fit, let us know! Leave a reply here or send us a tell on BNET/Discord. Or you can go old school and send in-game mail to Starby-Sargeras or Foxshine-Sargeras! Thanks for checking us out and we hope to see you in gchat soon. =)

BNET
      Fox#1713 (GM)
      Peach#1423 (Officer)
      Ezmaya#1410 (Officer)

Discord
      Fox#7009
      Starby#8682
    • By Kaezy
      Hello!
      I think I am doing something seriously wrong with my resto druid. I have pretty decent gear but I see other druids with similar or less gear do way higher HPS then me on my recount meter. I've run simulations that said i should be getting 900hps but that's rather rare to see. During M+ runs when we're taking high damage i've seen 1-1.2mil hps - but in Antorus I feel like I'm stuck at 400-600hps

Recently I've gone up 20 item levels and gotten 3 T21 pieces but haven't seen my hps improve much. I've switched from spring blossoms to double rejuv in hopes that i could hit higher hps but today in Heroic Antorus i was still the lowest healer (sorry no logs from that)

Here are some logs from a guide I've been doing normal with:
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/fAaV8v4YPbk6W1tD#fight=last&type=summary&source=15
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/fAaV8v4YPbk6W1tD#fight=4&type=summary&source=15

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!
    • By MrPrince3rd
      Non Offensive Innuendo is currently a heroic guild that is wanting to go mythic.
      Server: Ner'zhul, Frostmane, Tortheldrin
      Progression: 9/9N 9/9H 11/11N 11/11H
      What we need: DPS, preferably with off-spec tank or heals
      What we are looking for: Light hearted, good humored, responsible and reliable players, who can consistently make raid days and are interested in doing things together as a guild, such as, PVP, mythic+, mog runs, and or playing other games, hanging out in discord being social.
      Communication:
      We use discord, feel free to join for any questions or interviews. https://discord.gg/UEEnfCp
      Atmosphere:
      We are like a family, we joke and mess with each other all the time, we are laid back and not super strict, but we still want to kill bosses at a resonable pace.
      Expectations:
      You are expected to show up on time, and if you can't let someone know ahead of time. You are also expected to do the highest required mythic+ key to ensure that your gear stays up to date, if you require help doing this let people in the guild know.
      Addons:
      We use EPGP and RCLootCouncil for loot, and Exorsus Raid Tools for notes
      Consumables: Free for all raiders
      Raid Times:
      Wednesday, Friday, and Monday 8:30-11:30PM CST
      Please fill out this application to apply: http://www.guilded.gg/#!AdrRp1Ydly
      Contact Info:
      BilboBaggins#1406