sillyburg

How amazing icy-veins really is, How a donation to me saved my life and allowed me to carry on faith in people :)

3 posts in this topic

Hey , first off i just would like to say i was not sure how to get a hold of icy veins directly , after i was donated a large sum of money last year $1,500 USD. I was in shock, You see i have a very rare form of leukemia. Called AML FLT3+ , now i have 5 mutations in total to add to the FLT3. But at a time were i did not know were and whom to reach out to , i posted on a blizzard form one day about a year ago this Christmas. I was getting donations coming through my go-fund me to help get down to America as fast as i possibly could because of the nature of my cancer and it taking lives so fast i knew it was urgent. Canada told me i was going to die , there was nothing i could do about it and i had to accept it. But me being that stubborn player who never gives up not only in game but in real life i decided to not accept my fate at the age of 24. To this day i am alive , going for a second transplant soon once i reach another remission , i slipped out of my first remission but i made it to it :) , And i have had a wonderful year since i was given a second chance to live. I continue to push on and fight everyday. Like i said , i didn't know whom to thank , or really how to say my thanks .But thank you so much icy veins for the large donation that was felt so deeply through the hearts of mine and my family. I still continue to use your wonderful site for wow news updates on the daily , the guides and info are wonderful. I thank you from the bottom of my heart. If you ever want to get into contact with me through email let me know.  But i just really wanted to thank each and every one of you for the love and support that you showed , you stepped up as a community and showed the world gamer's have huge hearts and compassion in thier heart and soul. :)

Edited by sillyburg

Hello Brandon,

Vlad and I have been following your journey through your wife's regular posts on your gofundme page. We were sad to learn that the transplant didn't cure you completely and that cancerous cells reappeared, but we're hoping these new rounds of treatment you've been getting will do the job.

We do give to a number of charities every month, but we never made such a large donation before (was $1,500). We read about you from Twitter when Michele Morrow (I think it was her) shared something and it appeared on our Twitter feed. Your story checked out (I remember reading articles about you in local newspapers in the Vancouver region) so we decided to contribute. What we felt at the time is that being a regular WoW player, you were probably a frequent reader of our website and we wanted to help. A small donation wouldn't really have made a difference, so we gave as much as we felt we could afford at the time (without it having a chance to look suspicious to the French fiscal authorities in case of a control :p). Then we were pleased to see that there were even bigger donations.

We also posted on your "gofundme "wall" (if I can call it this way) to tell you that we'll see you in BlizzCon. We meant 2016, but I guess 2017 will work just as well. So get well and hopefully you can attend this year :)

It's with great sadness that we learned of Brandon's death this morning. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By NathyrallinAV
      Guild Name: Atrum Veneficus
      Faction: Horde
      Realm: Draenor EU
      Realm Timezone: CET (GMT+1)
      Hello, we are a raiding guild that is looking for skilled, dedicated and mature players in order to empower our raiding team. We aim at progression without losing the element of fun during the raid, since progression alone isn't what we want. The  plan is to be done with normal raids asap, focus on heroic ones and move to mythic when ready.
      Current raid schedule: Monday and Thursday, 20:15 - 23:00
      All raiders should be online at least 15 minutes prior to raid start.
      What we expect from you:
       - Good raiding experience
       - Performance that corresponds with your item level
       - Be prepared for the raid with tactics and consumables (for that rare occassion that they won't be distributed by the guild)
       - Have and be able to use Discord - use of microphone is strongly suggested
       - Mature attitude - drama is not tolerated; be able to handle raid mechanics / combat related suggestions and/or criticism
      Openings:
      High Demand: Resto Druid (an active dps os would be most welcome) Medium Demand:  Moonkin Druid Every player that meets our requirements and would like to join will be considered.
      If you're interested in being a part of Atrum Veneficus, you can visit us on
      https://discord.gg/ww5u5a7 r
      or poke us ingame:
      Nathyrallin (Veevee#2738), Uglyfella, Nelltem
      See you ingame!
    • By Xantten
      <exceL> is a recently-established raiding team based on the Tarren Mill server, Horde [EU].   Supported by one of the UK’s leading esports organisations, exceL Esports, we are building a raiding team in advance of Battle for Azeroth with the sole intention of progressing to and clearing mythic end-game content in the new expansion. For more information on exceL Esports please see our website and check out our social media pages:   Guild: https://www.guilded.gg/exceL/ 
      Esports: https://www.excelesports.com Twitter: https://twitter.com/exceL Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/excelesportsltd Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/excelesports YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/excelesportstv Discord: http://rebrand.ly/xLDscrd   Background   exceL Esports was established in 2014 and is a professional competitive gaming organisation that serves to enable its playing staff to compete at the highest level in global esports. We value honesty, professionalism and integrity and look to combine our expertise with our passion for esports to create a stable, profitable and successful organisation.   exceL’s co-founders, Joel and Kieran, were hardcore Vanilla raiders and have remained fans of the World of Warcraft franchise ever since. exceL’s ambitions to recruit a raiding team are part of a wider strategy to explore opportunities in World of Warcraft esports.   Despite being a newly-established guild, our core members achieved Ahead of the Curve (11/11HC) in Antorus, the Burning Throne and would have progressed to mythic given more time. It remains our sole ambition to ensure this team is progressing through, and ultimately completing, BfA end-game content - up to and including Cutting Edge.   Expectations   What you can expect from us: A fun and friendly raiding team with an overt focus on raid progression combined with an understanding of life’s priorities Fair treatment when making the raid team selection - in the event that we are over-subscribed for raids, rotation decisions will be made to offer all capable individuals the opportunity to contribute to raid progression The opportunity to contribute to discussions regarding the guild’s strategies and decision-making Utilisation of the Personal Loot system   We are looking for players who: Can display relevant raid experience from Legion and/or previous expansions (at least 11/11HC in Antorus, the Burning Throne, is preferred) Can provide evidence (i.e. logs) of strong previous raid performance Take responsibility for their own raid attendance and performance Are open to constructive criticism and are prepared to be given advice on how to improve their performance in raids Will make every effort to educate themselves on developing raid strategies Will make every effort to maximise the performance of their character, including the studying of relevant logs Are prepared to take the initiative and make creative strategic suggestions to aid raid progression Enjoy being part of a team Are patient and understand that progression requires a positive and productive mindset   Recruitment and Requirements   Recruitment is currently open for the following classes/specs: Tanks - Monk (Brewmaster) Healers - Paladin (Holy) Ranged DPS - Mage (All), Shaman (Elemental) Melee DPS - Death Knight (Frost/Unholy), Monk (WW), Paladin (Ret), Shaman (Enhancement)   Raid Schedule   Wednesday: 21:00-00:00
      Sunday: 21:00-00:00   All times indicated are server times. You will be expected to be online at least 15 minutes before the raid start time, at which point the final raiding roster will be announced. At least one 10 minute break will be held during every raid.   We will not be doing mandatory split runs, alt raids or PTR tests. However all scheduled raids will be highly organised and focused.   You will not be asked to raid additional days. However we do expect members to be active outside of raid times to continue progressing their main characters. We are also likely to be regularly running Mythic+ dungeons, especially early on in the expansion.   How to Apply   If you are interested in applying please complete our application form -> http://www.guilded.gg/r/AdwlVrMK8l <- and if you have any questions, please contact our Guild Master Xanten#2717   Successful applicants will be invited to join our Discord server, used as the main VOIP platform whilst we are raiding as well as the guild’s main text-based communication platform.   Thank you and we look forward to hearing from interested parties soon.
    • By Khaeli
      Application information at https://www.eternal-kingdom.com/apply/

Team Ascension is a two day a week Mythic raiding team with Eternal Kingdom. We are looking for exceptional players to join our ranks for Uldir.

Class Needs:

Warlock
      Rogue

Raid Schedule:
      Monday & Thursday 8-11 PM
      Mandatory off night Wednesday 8:30 - 10:30 PM

About our Team
      Most of us are 40 hours per week working adults or full-time college students. We raid light due to our real life schedules, but with folks willing to be diligent and efficient during our six hours per week. Working with Eternal Kingdom's core values, we have tailored our team to create an environment that is enjoyable, relaxed, and hard working. We will never raid past 11:00 PM, as we respect your time and real life commitments.

About our Community
      Eternal Kingdom is a large community consisting of 8 guilds, 12 Mythic raid teams, 5 Heroic raid teams, friends, and family. We pride ourselves in having a positive, all-inclusive guild which houses players with varying degrees of experience and time able to be devoted to this game. For more information, please see https://www.eternal-kingdom.com/about/.
    • By Bubbleskank
      Guild: <Nocturnal>
          Server: Zul'jin(Horde)
          Raid Times: Tue, Wed, Thur 10:30-1:30 PST (1:30-4:30 EST)
          Progression: 9/11M ABT 4/9M ToS 5/10M NH
          Current Needs

**RANGE**
      Boomkin - Closed
      Elemental Shaman - Closed
      Warlock - Closed
      Shadow Priest - Closed
      Hunter - Closed
      Fire Mage - Closed
      **MELEE**
      Fury/Arms War - Low
      Surv. Hunter - HIGH
      Ret Pally - Low
      Frost DK- HIGH
      Havoc DH - Low
      WW Monk - HIGH
      Enh. Shaman - HIGH
      Feral - HIGH
      Rogue - Closed
      **HEALS**
      Resto Shaman - Closed
      Holy Pally - Closed
      Disc. Priest - Closed
      R.Druid - Closed
      MW Monk - Closed
      Any Exceptional DPS
          Expectations
      1. Good Attitude – Our raids are high-pressure situations a lot of the time. Mistakes can and will be made by anyone in the raid. Your attitude must allow for identifying such mistakes, the willingness to admit failure, and the drive to correct such failure. Criticism can and must be met with a level head and the determination to amend your play accordingly. Nobody is above being called out for a mistake. Getting angry at your fellow raiders for pointing out errors during farm or progression will achieve nothing except the re-opening of recruitment.
      2. Awareness – Encounters in this game will consistently find ways to kill you, ranging from simple fire mechanics to meteor strikes to sonic discs. If your awareness is lacking in any department, it will become readily apparent. We do not want people that cannot adapt quickly and efficiently to the challenging Mythic encounters of this tier and beyond.
      3. Performance – Every boss fight is different. How quickly you are able to form a solid, consistent DPS (or HPS) strategy around the challenges of the encounter means everything. Maximizing output is a must. People who can adapt to any encounter, old or new, on the turn of a dime, are the people we want.
      4. Attendance – The same players consistently showing up is one of the greatest keys to fast progression and reliable farm. Our final roster will be under 30 players, and we only raid 3 hours a night, 3 nights a week, so our schedule should be easy to make with 100% attendance, barring real life circumstances that can and will happen to everyone from time to time.
          Trial Period
      Once accepted into the guild, you will be placed into a trial period that lasts 2-4weeks. During this time, you will be evaluated and see how well you perform in our raid environment. Once we see how you play, we will have a brief talk with you and let you know if you passed your trail or not.
          Contact Info
      Bubblesmitey - Bubbleskank#1537
    • By Starym
      We're 4 for 4 in this first week of Battle for Azeroth and as we head into the weekend we see Azerite armor outer ring requirements reduced on the Heart of Azeroth, Affliction Warlock Deathbolt fixes, Conquest removals until PvP Season 1 starts, Brewmaster PvP fixes/nerfs, the removal of two belt enchant from PvP, and a bit fewer fixes for professions and quests than usual.
      August 17 (source)
      Azerite Gear
      Substantially lowered the Heart of Azeroth level required to activate the outer ring of Azerite armor obtained from World Quests and Mythic dungeons. Classes
      Warlock Affliction Deathbolt will now correctly deal increased damage if cast immediately after casting Unstable Affliction. Creatures and NPCs
      Slickspill should be much easier to loot now. Items
      Fixed an issue where 'Bygone Bee' Almanac's cooldown or duration would be affected too much when hitting multiple enemies. Player versus Player
      Sources of Conquest such as the World PvP Call to Arms quests, PvP Island Expeditions, Skirmish, and Battleground queues will award Honor until Battle for Azeroth: Arena Season 1 starts. Players who currently have Conquest will have the currency converted to Honor once they log in. Miniaturized Plasma Shield and Personal Space Amplifier engineering belt enchants can no longer be used in Arenas and Rated Battlegrounds. Fierce Gladiator is once again available to players who have earned the Fierce Gladiator: Legion Season 5 achievement. The War Mode Air Supply Drops in Tiragarde Sound should no longer fall in unreachable locations. Monk Brewmaster Incendiary Brew now adheres to line of sight restrictions. Double Barrel will no longer stun targets multiple times per Keg Smash cast. Professions
      Cooking Fixed a bug that prevented Pandaria Banquets from granting the intended skill levels to Pandaria Cooking and Way of the Grill. Quests
      Fixed a bug that caused the miners to not respawn as intended for “A Shot at the Dark Iron”. Fixed a bug where missions required to unlock hubs on the other continent were expiring quickly. Riding Macaw is no longer unfriendly to Horde for the world quest "Swab This!". Hexlord Raal is now reliably present to offer “Pa'ku, Master of Winds”. “The Lord Admiral's Lament" and "Bloodied Sentinel's Glaive" can now be turned in to Kayla Mills World
      Flight paths unlocked through missions should now reliably appear as valid destinations on the flight map. Previous Patch 8.0.1 Hotfixes
      August 16 August 15 August 14