Damien

Chronomatic Anomaly

11 posts in this topic

This thread is for comments about our strategy guide for Chronomatic Anomaly.

Hm. I tried him today and my group as a bit confused about "Full Power" animation. We are missing something I think. What might be?
I mean, he cast it when he reaches ~10% health and just wipe the entire raid.

halp~~
hehe

22 minutes ago, Tayako said:

Hm. I tried him today and my group as a bit confused about "Full Power" animation. We are missing something I think. What might be?
I mean, he cast it when he reaches ~10% health and just wipe the entire raid.

halp~~
hehe

I believe this is the berserk timer.

9 hours ago, Furty said:

I believe this is the berserk timer.

Oh, Yeah. I was wondering that might be something like that
Thanks dude! hehehe

how much damage do Waning Time Particles do? Can Dave (monk statue) tank this solo or does a tank need to tank it? 

A quick change you could add to the guide: Power Overwhelming can be healed through for a significant time period, especially with a stacked group and ground effects + raid cooldowns rotating. This gives you a lot of bonus dps time on the boss as long as your tank keeps an eye on the bars and interrupts it before it goes too long.

On 1/18/2017 at 0:45 PM, Guest Ent said:

how much damage do Waning Time Particles do? Can Dave (monk statue) tank this solo or does a tank need to tank it? 

I'd be very surprised if your statue could maintain it - I'd suggest just trying to and being on-hand to grab it if necessary. It's damage isn't massive, but admittedly I've only ever seen it on a tank, never even a DPS.

On 1/24/2017 at 8:38 PM, Migol said:

A quick change you could add to the guide: Power Overwhelming can be healed through for a significant time period, especially with a stacked group and ground effects + raid cooldowns rotating. This gives you a lot of bonus dps time on the boss as long as your tank keeps an eye on the bars and interrupts it before it goes too long.

Not a bad tip, but it's definitely important for you to keep an eye on things. Letting it tick over onto another hit of the AoE could be the difference between some bonus DPS and a wipe!

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/BmXGQTpJn3CYjhfA#fight=3&view=replay

Just to give you an idea of how strong the strategy is, it's not "some bonus dps", if you watch the replay we got a full 1:15 dps time on the boss uninterrupted using this. Starts at 1:00 almost on the dot, and goes till ~2:17.

It was a bit messy, had some new guys trying out, and we did cut it a bit close at the end...and our bloodlust timing was a bit off (mutters at forgetful shaman), but even if you only did it for one minute that is a huge amount of time to straight up damage the boss and get to skip the later phase nonsense. I want to say we took off ~30-40% of his HP just doing this, which is a huge bonus.

Last night we killed the boss on mythic dif. But checking the logs after I noticed I took 21 hits from the boss debuff (particles) even though 100% of the boss aggro were on tanks. Anyone knows what might have happened? 

aggro chart:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Wxt91HGaPAjFXyYD#boss=1865&difficulty=5&type=threat&start=1283311&end=8266893

my damage tanken:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Wxt91HGaPAjFXyYD#boss=1865&difficulty=5&type=damage-taken&start=1283311&end=8266893&source=32

On 3/9/2017 at 2:07 PM, Guest Ragten said:

Last night we killed the boss on mythic dif. But checking the logs after I noticed I took 21 hits from the boss debuff (particles) even though 100% of the boss aggro were on tanks. Anyone knows what might have happened? 

Just checking some other logs, especially of top guilds and it does seem some of their DPS are getting the debuff too - could it be a positioning issue perhaps? 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Stan

Trial of Style is a new micro-holiday scenario added in Patch 7.2.5 and we previewed it a while ago in more detail. Blizzard recently added set rewards to all transmogrifiers that you can purchase after collecting 25 Mog Week Tokens.
      Mog Week Token is the main currency of the transmog micro-holiday, earned from Mog Week Prizes, like Mog Week Reward: First Place. All sets are from Burning Crusade dungeons, only the Mail set contains world drop items, like Der'izu Chestpiece, Der'izu Legguards and so on. Below, we previewed all sets that you can get by turning in 25 Mog Week Tokens.
      Cloth Wearers
      Ensemble: Mana-Etched Regalia
      Leather Wearers
      Ensemble: Obsidian Prowler's Garb
      Mail Wearers
      Ensemble: Marshcreeper Armor
      Plate Wearers
      Ensemble: Righteous Battleplate
      The vendor also sells Fashionable Undershirt for 1 Gold but it requires the Stylish! buff earned by winning 1st place in Trial of Style. The buff lasts for 5 days and stacks.

• By Starym

People jumping into a well from a very long way away. Because.
      Back in my day™ all we did was idle on the old Orgrimmar bank roof all day and it was totally exciting. This newfangled Legion expansion is taking everything to the extreme, including idling in the city - and this proves it! The latest reddit activity seems to be jumping from quite a long way a way straight into the sewer portal well for... reasons, and there have been quite a few damn impressive holes in one. Super holes in one you might say. Usually with these you slowly build up to the amazing one, but the amazing one is just too amazing to wait, so let's just begin at the top with the clear winner, with an outside the green shot that will haunt you (source):
      Then we have some Monk action (source):
      Unfortunately can't embed this one so you'll have to go through the agony of having to actually click it! (Source)
      The Warrior one has a plot twist at the end: he DIDN'T end up in Azsuna! (Source)
      The druid version seems a little boring, but impressive nonetheless (source):
      Then we have a ground level shot (source):

And finally, I know I said the best one was at the beginning, but I lied. Here's the clearly most impressive super hole in one (source):
    • By Stan

Yesterday, I wrote about updates to the Shoe Shine Kit toy and how its tracking quest got stealth fixed in the latest 7.2.5 PTR build.
      The toy was unavailable until now, because Blizzard simply forgot to fix it and the chest could not be opened. 
      Sheddle Glossgleam leaves the toy store (2nd floor of Photonic Playground - 44, 47) at 12 AM (PST) / 3 AM (EST) realm time and goes drinking in Legendermain Lounge. During his absence, a chest spawns that contains the toy - Shoe Shine Kit. Only one person may loot it, because it will disappear afterwards. The toy makes shoes sparkle. There are still items in the game that haven't been discovered yet, such as the Fishing Artifact appearance The Broken Hook and more.
    • By Stan

In addition to pets coming with the Deadmines Pet Battle Dungeon, the latest 7.2.5 PTR build added two pets that drop from the Time-Lost Wallet inside the Deaths of Chromie Scenario and our friends over at WarcraftPets seem to have discovered a new fairie dragon pet possibly from Argus.
      Ageless Bronze Drake (Ageless Bronze Drake)
      The pet is a miniature version of the Reins of the Bronze Drake mount and has a unique Rewind Time ability "This particular drake has oddly retained its age throughout its travels, but its size has certainly changed."
      Bronze Proto-Whelp (Bronze Proto-Whelp)
      The pet's a miniature version of the Reins of the Time-Lost Proto-Drake (Storm Peaks) mount and comes with the an ability to bend time "The Bronze Proto-Whelps have been discovered only in the most peculiar of timelines."
      Sun Darter Hatchling - Faerie Dragon Pet
      Quintessence from WarcraftPets suggests this pet may be from Argus as noted by its description. If you try to paste the item in-game (Patch 7.2), it seems to coincide with a mount tagged named as "REUSE", however 7.2.5 Mount Journal lists the pet and so does the in-game tooltip.

Sun Darter Hatchling drops from Oddly-Colored Egg (Source N/A) "This unique species of faerie dragon is not usually found on Azeroth."
    • By Stan

Nether Disruptor is again up in both regions and with Seal Your Fate, you can get a free Seal of Broken Fate each day the Nether Disruptor is active.
      The good news is that these bonus seals go beyong the normal 3 limit. All you need to do is accept the quest Fate Sealed from Maggie "Slither" Masterson (coords: 41.19 // 64.46).
      World Boss Apocron

The permanent Nether Disruptor perk (Epic Hunter) always unlocks a Broken Shore World Boss that drops item level 900 loot and this time, it's Apocron. Below is the loot he drops.
      Apocron's Energy Core Ashen Worldscorcher Gloves Band of Dark Millennia Charged Felfire Casing Doom-Herald's Footpads Harness of Devouring Flame Reaver's Rattling Girdle Spaulders of Forgotten Worlds