FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
TeamC

Logs Help (Frost DPS)

First night in Night Hold, so things might be different in future trips, but I was wondering someone could look through one fight in particular and tell me where I went wrong that I got my doors blown off so soundly by the rest of the melee dps? I had been keeping up much better the entire night and just laid an egg on Krosus. Even with being a bit overly cautious on his bridge smash I wasn't at all happy with the output. Thanks in advance.

Logs - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/wCAYTQzB2Wypf8MP

Armory - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/windrunner/Cyanni/advanced

Well the obvious thing is the disparity in number of attacks, your closest match in spec 'Daedri' clearly got a good number more hits in than you... whether this was caused by fight mechanics I can't tell but he hit with Frost Strike x 85 and Obliterate x 81 compared to your FS x 78 and Ob x 62... that is a very large number of Obliterates to be behind... on top of that he was working in RW on every cooldown and you didn't use it once so there is significant difference in globals used overall.

Uptime on IT was pretty close, so obviously you haven't been idle and your haste levels are slightly higher.

I can only assume a bit of movement was involved but those are the stand out things.

Yes, he has the +25% haste proc from the ring and free runes from the belt but I'm not convinced that his legendaries account for the difference in it's entirety I'd say max of 30 - 40k dps in real terms.

Also, he procced Rime far more, which suggests to me that he used Rime when it was up enabling it to proc again sooner whereas your stats seem to suggest (based on hit and crit values) that you not only sat on Rime procs for a portion of time but also cold casted HB a fair bit too ( I think you need to be using that rune(s) for RW if you are doing it consciously ).

His HB usage: x 21, you used it x 40 yet you both got 8.8 mil damage from those casts. ... very big difference.

Edited by Browed

I appreciate the feedback, Browed.

One thing I will say I did more than I noticed other melee doing it was moving to intercept the green zones to minimize imps, and moved maybe 2-3 seconds early to ensure I avoided getting killed by the bridge breaking Slams. I know his Legendaries are more DPS-centric than mine, so I'm expecting him to be higher, but I was a bit shaken by the disparity there.

I'll try to mix in the RW a bit more. Sometimes I feel like sitting still for an extra 2-3 seconds and awaiting an Obliterate is a better use of a Rune than RW. That could be a completely stupid approach, though.

I appreciate the feedback, Browed.

One thing I will say I did more than I noticed other melee doing it was moving to intercept the green zones to minimize imps, and moved maybe 2-3 seconds early to ensure I avoided getting killed by the bridge breaking Slams. I know his Legendaries are more DPS-centric than mine, so I'm expecting him to be higher, but I was a bit shaken by the disparity there.

I'll try to mix in the RW a bit more. Sometimes I feel like sitting still for an extra 2-3 seconds and awaiting an Obliterate is a better use of a Rune than RW. That could be a completely stupid approach, though.

Checking out your logs for krosus. You're rime proc usage isn't as good as it could/should be Rime procs are great and you didn't use all of them great, i think some expired or over lapped. You had decent amount of time over 2 runes, which means no Frozen pulse. Another thing though I gotta say is that BoS is just flat out better than your current build and I would suggest going BoS if possible.

Piggybacking the thread hoping you can take a look at my logs too. Been using oblit spec for awhile but dont mind trying other builds if that would improve my deeps. 

I also have a few other choices for trinkets, best i have other than equipped is 860 eye and 885 urn. 

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/dragonblight/Metabolic/simple

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/JyLBpgt6qAnWPNh7#type=damage-done&start=2501543&end=2794534

5 minutes ago, godsilla94 said:

@Metabolic Since you got the belt and decent trinkets, I'd recommend you try out the Breath spec, as it is currently very strong.

Unfortunately it's not the 'right' belt ;) but yes, it's worth a try regardless.

First m+ i run after i asked in this thread and i get necrofantasia :-) improved my dps overall during the raid and i gotta say breath is fun as hell. Thanks for the help :-)

1 hour ago, Metabolic said:

First m+ i run after i asked in this thread and i get necrofantasia :-) improved my dps overall during the raid and i gotta say breath is fun as hell. Thanks for the help :-)

Very welcome.

Thanks for following up with positive results, it's always good to hear.

Have you got some new logs?

It depends on the fight, if you can 100% keep the breathe going you shoudl use both in the first breathe, but lets say there is a phase change relatively soon in the fight, such as guldan, or elisande something like that where you won't be able to constantly gain runic power then don't use both during your first breathe. Also don't use them back to back, use them as needed. With this said your first breathe should normally be your stronggest because of potion, sometimes lust etc. Don't use hungering runic weapon as your only source for keeping breathe up.