FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Cannotbecontained

Cant figure out my low DPS

I've been playing WoW since BC and took a long break for Cataclysm, Panda and WoD. I recently just picked it back up and have been pushing my Ret Pally in EN (H), ToV (H) and both Reg and (H) NH.

I'm currently using Smexy's Weakaura profile for my rotation assistance which has been working thus far (to my limited knowledge).

Currently I'm an iLevel of 880 and am putting out far less DPS than I should. On the boss level training dummy I can maintain around 350k and burst up to 525k w/ avenging wrath. Which I also know with my iLevel is probably still considered on the lower end of good. However, once I step into a boss fight my DPS barely surpasses our tanks.

A few nights ago was my guilds first Guldan kill. I was asked to step out (along with one other low DPS) because of lack of output. The guild downed and I was super stoked for the milestone, but was really bummed because I wasn't there to enjoy it. I'm determined to fix this problem!

Please help with whatever advice you can offer!

Here is my Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/the-forgotten-coast/Aderous/simple

And my logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/20826700/latest

Let me know what you think!

20 hours ago, Cannotbecontained said:

I've been playing WoW since BC and took a long break for Cataclysm, Panda and WoD. I recently just picked it back up and have been pushing my Ret Pally in EN (H), ToV (H) and both Reg and (H) NH.

I'm currently using Smexy's Weakaura profile for my rotation assistance which has been working thus far (to my limited knowledge).

Currently I'm an iLevel of 880 and am putting out far less DPS than I should. On the boss level training dummy I can maintain around 350k and burst up to 525k w/ avenging wrath. Which I also know with my iLevel is probably still considered on the lower end of good. However, once I step into a boss fight my DPS barely surpasses our tanks.

A few nights ago was my guilds first Guldan kill. I was asked to step out (along with one other low DPS) because of lack of output. The guild downed and I was super stoked for the milestone, but was really bummed because I wasn't there to enjoy it. I'm determined to fix this problem!

Please help with whatever advice you can offer!

Here is my Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/the-forgotten-coast/Aderous/simple

And my logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/20826700/latest

Let me know what you think!

Please let me know what you find out; I've gotten kicked from multiple PUGS because of my low output.  According to the charts I should be pushing at least 400K and I'm only consistently pushing 225K-250K.  I've installed addons to help my rotation; I've buffed and I'm at a loss at this point.

Hey, i dont have alot of time to go into detail right now but your choice of talents in the 2 parses i looked at are really poor.

You should run atleast Divine Hammer on Skorpyron and Chronomatic anomaly, and pref consecrate on Skorp too.You'll be amazed how much damage they do. Divine Hammer is btw the talent of choice for the majority of the bosses in NH.

well for 1 youre using a tanking trinket for ret phantasmal echo is not a DPS trinket go farm VOTW till you get faulty counter measure then macro that with wings also what are you doing rotation wise

Get rid of the weak aura rotation. Its good to have at times but i think with you, i bet you get stuck staring at it and not at whats going on. Rotation for youy without Liadrins ring should be:

WoA - Judgement/Wings - TV - BoJ - ToV - CS - CS - ToV. Then continue to prioritise BoJ over CS, and using TV on 3-5 HP. 

You can definitely get better trinks, as mentioned before one is a tanking trink that has zero dps output for you other than the haste increase. Farm FCM from VotW or try and get a raid trink from NH or EN. Check the trink list on the ret guide on this site. 

Your stats are spot on with your current gear and legendaries. You could even drop some haste for vers/crit as you dont have the legendary cloak. Something to think about and try.

Checking your logs and your aoe damage in lower than your single target on Skorp. This fight is massive aoe and that aoe should be about 50% of your damage. Check the other players logs for example. 

I think you need to focus on your situational awareness and when to use abilities better, which will allow you to put out a lot more damage. This can only be improved with practice and learning fights. 

Also, ensure you have 3 x Wrath of the Ashbringer relics if you can, that will really help your burst.