Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
abysss

Warlock help

8 posts in this topic

The meta gem is CRAP for destro and plays right into affliction spec. Demo is another viable choice, especially with UVoLS. Either way tho its aff or demo with that ilvl and meta gem

Sorry to hijack this thread. I'm a 5 week old warlock and just started collecting my Secrets of the empire which means i haven't got my meta. Is it true that i should stay destruction all the way till i get meta? Will hard gemming / forging to 9778 haste allows affliction to be better than destruction?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/amanthul/Zaphyros/advanced

Edited by t3chy

The simple answer is no. Affliction needs quite high haste levels as well as the meta to perform well.

However you should play the spec you want to play if you're not on the cutting edge of raiding or don't need the extra 1-2% of a bosses health to get a kill.

IMO get the LFR uvols trinket and start playing demo. It's a fun play style and currently the best on almost every fight. Without uvols I would stick to destro. I recently rerolled to lock myself mid to late tot so my experience with it is current and while the meta does make affliction viable demo has a amazing toolkit and very high dps even at 520ish ilvl.

Most of these suggestions are going to last 7 more days.  As for the Meta gem, since that is staying consistent, it affects Demonology and Affliction much more than Destruction.  Destruction is good at lower item levels and Aff and Demo take off later.  Things are changing though...stay tuned for 5.4.

1 person likes this

Ahh.. ok cool ... but since I got no meta.. it's always better for me to stick to destruction then.. right? :D

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Violentravi
      Hello,
      Adelante is currently recruiting DPS & Heals, however, all competent players will be considered.  We are a Horde guild on Arthas and our current progression is 8/10N NH 4/7M EN and 3/3H TOV.  As far as classes go we do not have a Moonkin, Mage, Feral Druid, or any type of Monk. We only raid two nights a week, Tuesday and Wednesday from 7:00 PM until 11:00 PM Eastern.  Thursday is not considered a raid night, but we will often clear Heroic and Normal on this evening for AP and it is not required. We are pushing progression on Il'gynoth, and look forward to finishing off EN then moving on to Nighthold, we will be intermittently working on Mythic TOV.
      From you, we would expect 100% attendance during your trial period; after that, if you cannot make a raid or will be late it is mandatory to keep the raid leader updated.  In order to continue making good progression while raiding only two nights a week, we expect that you know your class inside-out and will research any bosses you are unfamiliar with prior to raids.
       If you are interested, you can either reply to this thread and link your most recent combat logs for review, make a character on our realm and inbox me, or hit me up on real ID (violentravi#1826).  Alternatively, if you are old school, please apply via our website:  http://www.adelante-guild.com
      Thank you for your consideration
      Xoxo
      Violentnacho & the Guild
    • By Lor
      Sindorei Council, a family-friendly and socially active guild has been active since 7/24/2007 (BC drop), currently 7/7 (H)EN, 2/3 (H)ToV, and 5/10 NH.  Seeking DPS (notably ranged) for completion of Heroic and preparation to move on Nighthold.  
      We are not a hardcore progression guild - have never been and don't seek to create that atmosphere.  We are an incredibly welcoming social guild with a core raid component of very skilled players who have enough real-life going on that one night/week (occasionally 2) is what we push for.   We've reached our current raid progression on essentially one night/week. 
      Are you a good fit?  If you enjoy playing your class very well, are reliable to be on at the given time(s), yearn for a fun PG atmosphere in Gchat and Discord with mostly adults, and feel like one (occasionally 2) night per week is ideal for the time you want to put into raiding then we may be a good fit for you.  We help others get better and push people to have fun in guild, raiding or not ( be it through Questing, M+, WQ's, Roics, Pet Battles, etc.). We know our members' backstories and strive to make our guild a family.  Very active FB page and Discord.  
      Schedule:   Current main core raid night is Thursday from 7:30 EST - 10:30 EST (Bloodhoof Server time).  Sunday nights are an alternative night for us.
      Progress:  7/7 (H)EN, 2/3 (H)ToV, 5/10 NH
      Loot:  All Personal - hand down to people who need 
      NEEDS: 
      - Ele Shaman
      - Mage (Fire or Frost)
      - SPriest
      - Boomkin
      - Hunter
      - Arms Warrior w/ Prot offspec (another skilled dps that is comfortable off spec as Tank works well also (Feral/Guardian, WW/BM, etc.)
      Interested?:
      BTAG: Lorienawk#1319 or Mango#1525.  
      Thanks and Happy Hunting!
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Reno Warlock Anti-Aggro Gadgetzan Standard Deck.
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Reno Combo Warlock Anti-Aggro Gadgetzan Standard Deck.
    • By Misterez
      Nomads is a social guild with a semi hardcore mythic raiding team at Quel'Thalas/Azjol-Nerub, our guild is one of the oldest on the server with 8 years under it’s belt.
      Our Progress: 7/7M EN, 2/3H ToV and +12-14 Mythics.

We are a friendly social guild and We like to enjoy the game and see all of the content it has to offer.

We do all of the mythics every week and also lots of m+ runs.

Our raiding atmosphere is super chilled, we don't tolerate toxicity and bm of any kind.
      As a mythic raider you’re expected to be here for raids, doesn’t have to be all of them every week, but we need to know we can count on you when we need you.

Our raid times are (server time): 
      Wednesday/Thursday/Sunday => 20:30 - 23:30 (mythic raids)

We have bonus raids for farm content:
      Friday => 20:45 - 22:00 (EN heroic)
      Saturdays => 20:45 - 22:00 (EN normal)
      Mondays => 20:00 to 23:00-24:00 (ToV HC run)

The team looks really strong and we’re want to fill out some missing spots in our Ranged DPS department,
      We’re mostly looking for Hunters/Mages and could also use a strong Warlock/ShadowPriest.
      For healers : any very good healer would do, pref Druid/Priest.

Contact Us:
      Shamdi (Assistant Mythic team leader) => Mistere#2792
      Tygarmark (Mythic team leader) => mark#23979
      Myrisus (Assistant Mythic team leader) => cyrisus#2500