abysss

Warlock help

Sign in to follow this  

8 posts in this topic

Hello, i need some help right now  my ilvl is 527 and i recently got my meta gem so im going afflict but the thing is my simcraft tells me destro is higher than afflict

should i stay afflict or go back to destro

link to my armory ~ http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/area-52/Abysamal/simple

The meta gem is CRAP for destro and plays right into affliction spec. Demo is another viable choice, especially with UVoLS. Either way tho its aff or demo with that ilvl and meta gem

Sorry to hijack this thread. I'm a 5 week old warlock and just started collecting my Secrets of the empire which means i haven't got my meta. Is it true that i should stay destruction all the way till i get meta? Will hard gemming / forging to 9778 haste allows affliction to be better than destruction?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/amanthul/Zaphyros/advanced

Edited by t3chy

The simple answer is no. Affliction needs quite high haste levels as well as the meta to perform well.

However you should play the spec you want to play if you're not on the cutting edge of raiding or don't need the extra 1-2% of a bosses health to get a kill.

IMO get the LFR uvols trinket and start playing demo. It's a fun play style and currently the best on almost every fight. Without uvols I would stick to destro. I recently rerolled to lock myself mid to late tot so my experience with it is current and while the meta does make affliction viable demo has a amazing toolkit and very high dps even at 520ish ilvl.

Most of these suggestions are going to last 7 more days.  As for the Meta gem, since that is staying consistent, it affects Demonology and Affliction much more than Destruction.  Destruction is good at lower item levels and Aff and Demo take off later.  Things are changing though...stay tuned for 5.4.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Damien
      This thread is for comments for our Cubelock (Warlock Cube) deck guide.
    • By Ands737
      Hello, I'd like to recieve feedback on my lock's deck.
      I was away from hearthstone since the expansion before kobolds and catacombs so it has been a while. I don't have much cards from the kobolds and monsters; but still here's my deck which is fun to play.

Any suggestions on how to improve this one?

The strategy is simple; using the deathrattle minions to kill them with the other warlock's minions, and using demons so DK Gul'dan can revive them.

2x Blood Imp 2x Fire Fly 1x Glacial Shard 1x Leper Gnome 2x Sanguine Reveler 1x Voidwalker 1x Defile 2x Demonfire 2x Volatile Elemental 1x Deathspeaker 2x Devilsaur Egg 1x Tar Creeper 1x Unwilling Sacrifice 1x Void Terror 1x Dark Iron Dwarf 1x Hellfire 1x Pit Lord 2x Ravenous Pterrordax 2x Despicable Dreadlord 1x Doomguard 1x Twisting Nether 1x Bloodreaver Gul'dan Thanks in advance.

• By sobe46
      Hello there all,
      I have been made aware by my guild leader that he has a concerned about my lack of high Damage on my Demonology Warlock.
      Would someone please look him over for gear & potential enchantment,gems Etc.
      He even refused to allow me in a guild raid lately since my dmg wasn't enough, so I went with someone else's guild instead, :)
      I subsequently much higher iLvL  2 relics, one trinket & a end Antoran Raid Aggramar / Argus ring legendary ring  too...
      Anyways I've had this same Warlock since about 2007 I got into wow just a bit before the Burning Crusades expansion came out, so yea I'm very attached to this Warlock of mine.
      I have recently re-did his crit enchants everywhere , gems & talents too, but he still doesn't seem to have gone up in dmg much though, oddly.
      Here is My warlock's wow armory page,OK?
      https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/fizzcrank/buudy
      If anyone would like me to run a raid,etc logging addon.
      I'd be happy to,  all I ask is to let me know what it is, where to get it, etc,please?
      Thank you:)
      Your fellow wow dungeon & raiding player,
                                                                                    Sobe46
    • By positiv2
      This thread is for comments about our Budget Zoo Warlock Deck.
    • By Decembersnow
      I D E N T I T Y
      [H] <The Resilient> is a 8/11 M raiding guild on Area-52. We are looking for strong ranged raiders to fill in a couple spots for people who have had life interrupt their gaming fun. We are a laid back group of mature adult nerds who are focused on clearing Antorus.
      WowProgress: https://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/area-52/The+Resilient
      R E C R U I T I N G
      Ranged DPS and exceptional melee DPS.
      Especially warlocks and a rogue.
      S C H E D U L E
      Mandatory: Wednesday, Thursday, Sunday
      Optional: Tuesday (farm)
      6-8pm PST
      E X P E C T A T I O N S
      Be punctual. Be prepared. Be positive.
      We provide flasks, potions, and food.
      Discord is our VoiP of choice. We expect you to at least listen. Talking is highly preferred.
      Absences with notice can be worked around, but ghosting is highly unappreciated.
      C O N T A C T S
      BNET: Laolis#1620, Krungey#1340, December#1358, Jairou#1839, AlluraRaiyne#1298
      In-game message: Torvonn/Torvdaddy, Ráiyne, Krungey, Kwlpp, Decembersnow, or Jairou
      A P P L Y
      Use the website to complete a short form https://goo.gl/forms/kE86ZzWAweAJiqPV2
      OR 
      Reach out to one of the contacts above. Please have logs ready, and plan to raid with us at least one night in the week as a trial.