FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Silently

Which stat table is best ?

Hello everybody,

I've a little bit of confused with my stat, can you guys please give me a suggestion which table should I pick to go H and M NH ?

When I view the stat of some top Frost DK, they have many different way to build stat, for example:

Tegu (rank 1): Crit 26%, Has 35%, Mas 37%, Ver 4%

Touch (rank 46): Crit 29%, Has 34%, Mas 27%, Ver 6%

Домек (rank 61):  Crit 23%, Has 36%, Mas 34%, Ver 8%

Кусаригама (rank 87): Crit 25%, Has 38%, Mas 27%, Ver 7%

As you can see, 2 of them have Has > Mas > Crit > Ver, other 2 have Has > Crit > Mas > Ver.

And below is my stat.

Artifact: 54 traits, Ambidexterity (880) + Nothing But the Boots (870) + Dead of Winter (885).

Table 1 (898 ilv): 4 pieces of Tier 19 (not the highest ilv), Seal of Necrofantasia + Aggrama's Stride, Talent: 3123232 (BoS build). 

- Str: 32,934

- Crit: 25%

- Has: 20%

- Mas: 36%

- Ver: 2%

SimCraft result: ~583,121 DPS.

Table 2 (900 ilv): 4 pieces of Tier 19 (not the highest ilv), Seal of Necrofantasia + Aggrama's Stride, Talent: 3123232 (BoS build).

- Str: 33,207

- Crit: 24%

- Has: 22%

- Mas: 31%

- Ver: 5%

SimCraft result: ~590,477 DPS.

Table 3 (900 ilv): 4 pieces of Tier 19 (not the highest ilv), Seal of Necrofantasia + Aggrama's Stride, Talent: 3123232 (BoS build).

- Str: 33,207

- Crit: 29%

- Has: 19%

- Mas: 31%

- Ver: 2%

SimCraft result: ~590,112 DPS.

So, things like this got really ugly in legion when they derped about with stats and even then how blizz is playing with trinkets. Obviously the first thing to say is sim yourself which you did, so your middle one option 2 yielded the overall highest dps. However, if you look between option 2 and 3 the dps difference is negligible. Now looking at it I think option 2 is the most likely to be able to match or surpass your simmed damage due to the increased haste. So, I would start at option 2, go smack a target dummy or go into lfr and see if you can match or get close to your simmed damage but more than that see how the rotation feels to you personally. If you are struggling with it then try out 3.

The only issue with sims is they assume absolutely flawless rotation and no mechanics. So, while Sim 2 may have highest numbers you may play better with 3 or even possibly 1. So, start at 2, play around, and see what happens :)

• Like 1

Hello demeonardvark and Drtain,

Thanks for your reply. I've tried many ways but my DPS seem to be so low. Can you guys please have a look at my armory and log, then give me some advice ? Thanks much, and sorry for my bad English.

My armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/jubeithos/Listless/simple (dont know why Haste is always wrong, it's only 19% without food buff).

My log (H Guldan): https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/bGrmp6FX4VLDv9PT#fight=11&type=damage-done

Edited by Silently

Potion of the old war isn't advised, i would highly suggest Prolonged power. Okay so you're biggest fault right now that you should be worrying about is your Breath of sindragosa. It's damage is very low especially for a 10 minute fight. Looking at your runic power there isn't a many times you drop below 15 runic. Which makes me think you aren't properly using breath of sindragosa. Are you canceling BoS when you don't have HRW up? Under the assumption you aren't, why are you dropping breath of sindragosa with runes up? You had 5 runes when you lost your first breath. There are some other minute problems but your biggest one currently is your BoS uptime. Once you get another log (hopefully with improved BoS) come back and let me take another look. 

Biggest thing I am seeing when I am looking at logs that could help get your breaths to last a bit longer, every time you cast BoS, the absolute next cast is HRW.  You can space it out some with keeping your breath alive a bit with a couple obliterates till you are at 40-50RP, then cast HRW.  Other than that, you are casting HB with out Rime Procs.  The difference in damage between rime and regular HB is 500k on your character on the Guldan Kill along with the RP gain is extremely poor compared to waiting a few more seconds for another obliterate.  Looked like it was getting spammed sometimes with 4 in a row with no obliterates between for a rime proc to happen.  I also saw as Drtain mentioned that your BoS ran out with HRW up a couple times.  Could be just a positioning thing with casting BoS right before a Storm on Guldan possibly,  that can come down to just getting use to the boss timings and that can take time (still getting used to when the best uptime is on guldan and elisande myself)

hello all,

this is my new H Gul'dan log: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/GrJy4PkmXHYf3qNT/#fight=5&view=analytical&type=damage-done&source=7

Follow your advice, I have changed my rotation and I think I have made it better than last week. But still need your comment to improve much more dps.

My basic rotation: 

- Always keep DOT on target. Active Remorless Winter as much as possible.

- Build 4 or more Rune and 70+ runic power before active BoS > Pillar of Frost. Dump some Rune and Runic Power before active Hungering Rune Weapon.

- Dump as much Rune as possible when HRW is active (wont let them cap), use Howling Blast when proc, use some Frost Strike if Runic Power is going to cap. 

- Active the 2nd HRW if the mechanic does not make much movement, or keep it for next BoS.

I think my biggest problem now is learn how and when to active BoS, HRW, Pillar of Frost...in each fight to have the most effective (in fact i didnt do something people called "cheat dps" to improve performance in logs, I just focused in mechanic and how to survive but still keep a fair dps on boss). And I still have some panic in some fight, lol.

Sorry for my bad English.

Edited by Silently

Checking your logs I just saw a few things that seem to be the most glaring to me:

1) HRW seemed like it wasn't used as ideally as possible.  You don't need to cast it as soon as you start your BoS run.  I normally go for 5 or so seconds on average before i cast it,  I'll let my RP get to around 40 before casting if I know my target is not moving.  In your Guldan kill, HRW was up for half its duration before the breath even started.  Try hitting on the dummies with pooling RP like you said in your rotation and play with when it is best to pop HRW for you.  With the ring you can probably go for 60s+ on your first Breath, I kind of view HRW as an ability you hit when have no other way to gain RP, don't rely on it for the whole duration of your Breaths. Use it when you need to build back up your RP pool and Runes.  When HRW ends you should be about capped on RP again and start to sustain it with obliterates when you fall below 75 RP.  I would say until you can hold long breaths (20's average), I wouldn't try and mix in Frost strike until you know your timing well even if you might cap a bit during HRW.

2) On your first Breath you only casted 4 obliterates for a 20s breath, you should be able to get a lot more out of your CD.  Which I am sure was during the Guldans beam, gets me all the time too haha.

3) I would say you should save your second HRW for the first eye add phase in phase 2, use one HRW for the adds in the beginning since they wont stay up long, and blow 2 for the second phase with the eyes and add up.  Should be an easy way to sustain a long breath with time dilation and 2 HRW CD's.  After that, just hope your COF can get you another set of 2 HRW during the fight.

I have another great Frost DK in my Group that has the same legendary items as you along with around the same gear.  He can smoke me in DPS quite a bit.  Only got the Belt and Pants right now.  If you master the rotation you will see your dps skyrocket.  I can easily see you being top dps in your group with some fine tuning on your cast sequences.