FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Hornreaper

Seeking fellow hunter guidance

Hello hunters!

I was wondering if I could get some advice on my dps here. A little background - I've been playing Hunter since Vanilla Beta and I've never posted here. I'm not sure why....oh well. I understand that I am doing well at the moment, but I would like to get some feedback from fellow hunters to see what I can change to improve.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/veknilash/Hornreaper/simple

There is my armory link. My talents are constantly changing based on the fight, but for the most part I have a single talent spec and multi-talent spec. Both of which are talked about on Icy-Veins.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/G4VXvfHZyANQT61B#fight=2

There are some logs. Feel free to look through. I use Hedd as a cooldown manager, but I am not sure how to bring my numbers up. Is my Kill Command usage low? Or do I need to re-work my secondaries? I know the shoulders give a stupid boost in DPS, but I'm working with what I have and I wanted to see if anybody could give a few pointers.

Thanks for any feedback!

You only have 47 traits and you have an AoE relic so that will impact on your ST dps.

Your kills are slow so they make your dps look a lot lower. 2min fight vs 4min fight the dps looks completely different.

Stat-wise you're good.

I'd suggest skipping dire frenzy, even blizzard has come out and said it's buggy, your best bet is to still go with stomp. That way you still benefit from the extra 10-20% (depending on procs) of damage to cobra shot.

If you want to see whether the number of Kill Commands you used can be improved, run your logs through checkmywow.com, it'll give you some pointers on where to improve. I do it after every raid because there are always aspects I can improve on, one thing you'll probably always notice is even when you think you're getting in a lot of Kill Commands, you might be focusing on your cooldowns and end up missing a few here and there, but just focus on finding your weak spots.

13 hours ago, Luthixx said:

You only have 47 traits and you have an AoE relic so that will impact on your ST dps.

Your kills are slow so they make your dps look a lot lower. 2min fight vs 4min fight the dps looks completely different.

Stat-wise you're good.

I'd suggest skipping dire frenzy, even blizzard has come out and said it's buggy, your best bet is to still go with stomp. That way you still benefit from the extra 10-20% (depending on procs) of damage to cobra shot.

If you want to see whether the number of Kill Commands you used can be improved, run your logs through checkmywow.com, it'll give you some pointers on where to improve. I do it after every raid because there are always aspects I can improve on, one thing you'll probably always notice is even when you think you're getting in a lot of Kill Commands, you might be focusing on your cooldowns and end up missing a few here and there, but just focus on finding your weak spots.

This is awesome, but one thing:

I thought blizzard said they fixed Dire Frenzy....seriously? Still bugged?

Thanks for the other info tho!

They fixed it, but admitted it isn't perfect. I sim way higher with Way of The Cobra and Dire Frenzy, but Frenzy under performs in game for me.

5 hours ago, Sharknad0 said:

They fixed it, but admitted it isn't perfect. I sim way higher with Way of The Cobra and Dire Frenzy, but Frenzy under performs in game for me.

I'm in the same boat, I get 30k higher on sims using Dire Frenzy, but in reality I do far more dps with Stomp. 

• Like 1

i only have one tip for you

way of the cobra + dire frenzy =/= high deeps

if you are using dire frenzy way of the cobra is basicly useless

other than that it's looking good :)

Ok, new question for people.

I got the Mantle of Command, magical yes.

If you have two dire beasts up, I would assume that means that WotC gets an additional 20% dps boost. Great. However, does that double your focus intake?

It generates focus over the duration of the beast (per the wording of the spell) so if you had two dire beasts up, would that be two individual sources of focus income?

Just wanted to make sure I understood that correctly. Sorry if scrub question.

Firstly, grats! I'm still on the hunt for them at nearly 910 ilvl!

Secondly, yes. One dire beast generates 12 focus, two generates 24, so on and so forth.

23 hours ago, Luthixx said:

Firstly, grats! I'm still on the hunt for them at nearly 910 ilvl!

Secondly, yes. One dire beast generates 12 focus, two generates 24, so on and so forth.

Ok thank you for that.

Yeah the shoulders are fun....but any sense of rotation goes out the window with them. KC > DB > Everything else basically. I'm using my cooldowns whenever I can, and with the stupid synergy from MoC, OWtP, and the 4piece, I am almost constantly using Bestial Wrath.

Blizzard really made this legendary broken.....

Yep... it's a ridiculously op legendary, I'm hoping I'm lucky enough to get it soon, i want to go back to parsing orange ?