Valhalen

Random thoughts: Hero ability Keys

7 posts in this topic

This is just a random thought I had when I got sleepy after a match yesterday. What do you guys think is the criteria Blizzard uses to assign abilities to Q, W and E?

For example, if you analyze the Support class, you will notice that all Heroes except for Kharazim and Auriel have their healing skill in the W key, as opposed to the rest having it assigned to Q, by default. Analyzing it I assume this was done because Kharazim and Auriel healing skills are in area as opposed to the single target of the other characters.

What do you guys think?

• Like 1

Related: Would it make sense to make the skills/abilities re-assignable to keys per hero?

1 hour ago, Kreoon said:

Related: Would it make sense to make the skills/abilities re-assignable to keys per hero?

Do you mean like every hero could have their own keybinds, rather than all heroes having the same? If so, I think it would be good, seeing how popular it was on DotA among pro-players. Would you use it if such option was in the game?

Just now, positiv2 said:

Do you mean like every hero could have their own keybinds, rather than all heroes having the same? If so, I think it would be good, seeing how popular it was on DotA among pro-players. Would you use it if such option was in the game?

Well, individual keybinds per hero, or rearrange the skills in the bar, same difference.
I think I would. I Play a lot of different roles/heroes, some consistency would be great.

On 2017-5-28 at 4:56 PM, Kreoon said:

Well, individual keybinds per hero, or rearrange the skills in the bar, same difference.
I think I would. I Play a lot of different roles/heroes, some consistency would be great.

What I want is Blizz allowing keybinds with the mouse roll. In D3 I keybind some skills with mouse roll + modifiers (shift, alt).

On 28/06/2017 at 7:48 AM, Valhalen said:

What I want is Blizz allowing keybinds with the mouse roll. In D3 I keybind some skills with mouse roll + modifiers (shift, alt).

Force move on mouse roll = best.

• Like 1