Damien

Akkhan Bombardment Crusader

9 posts in this topic

This thread is for comments about our Akkhan Bombardment Crusader Build Guide

Deadset, thank you as always for the great guides on Icy Veins. It is greatly appreciated. I always tell my clan mates to come here first for ideas.

I am doing this Crusader build this season (#10) and am really enjoying it. I have done a Invoker thorns build many times and wanted something different. What do you think about having 2 pieces of Invoker with this build? Right now I have the shoulders and bracers and I'd like to think that the 15 yard aoe of the 2 piece Invoker set helps a bit clear the trash. But, I am not sure and wanted your opinion. I can see having another passive via a Hellfire amulet might be the way to go to drop Invoker.

Unfortunately the build is not up to date as the set bonus of the sage set has been changed after go live.

But other than this I really appreciate the guides and work with them every season as I don't have enough time to figure all the stuff out by myself.

Sage is fine, just look at some other items. Still drops 1 extra death's breath.

I am using Bluddshed's variation of this with 3 pieces from the Invoker set. Gloves, Bracers, Helm, but still find it hard to play T13 group. simply not enough damage, although I have level 73 Boyarky's chip and 233K sheet thorns damage with 13.9k strength. :-( Group T13 is only good with goldwrap relying on others killing the bulk of it...

Any other ideas about speed farming T13 bounties? I am stuck with Roland's. Which similarly has no damage, but at least survives.

Much like the LoN variant of the build, it is possible to work in Heart of Iron as well by switching the Hellfire (Indestructible) to Talisman of Akkhan, and wearing Leoric's Crown and either Aquila or HoI, and cubing the other. This setup would arguably be better than the current one presented by the guide because unlike its LoN variant, the Akkhan set bonuses allow for permanent up-time of Akarat's Champion: Prophet, and the second cheat death provided by Indestructible is not really necessary; trading it for HoI provides much more damage.

On 6/18/2017 at 0:56 AM, Guest Opti said:

Much like the LoN variant of the build, it is possible to work in Heart of Iron as well by switching the Hellfire (Indestructible) to Talisman of Akkhan, and wearing Leoric's Crown and either Aquila or HoI, and cubing the other. This setup would arguably be better than the current one presented by the guide because unlike its LoN variant, the Akkhan set bonuses allow for permanent up-time of Akarat's Champion: Prophet, and the second cheat death provided by Indestructible is not really necessary; trading it for HoI provides much more damage.

Actually, having Hexing Pants of Mr. Yan instead of Heart of Iron might be more damage

On 4/17/2017 at 9:02 PM, Guest Gupi said:

Unfortunately the build is not up to date as the set bonus of the sage set has been changed after go live.

But other than this I really appreciate the guides and work with them every season as I don't have enough time to figure all the stuff out by myself.

For anyone wondering about this - there are two Sage sets. You need the level 70 one, otherwise it won't have the DB set bonus.

5 Akkan + 3 invoker (3 Invoker for more toughtness) with RoRG with 6+ stacks of Invoker set bonus deal more damage than in LoN build

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.