FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Dronkul

Frost DPS/Sim Questions

So, I'm kind of asking for help but more/less pointers and also a question about sims... Currently my best parse from N Krosus has me at 543K Dps which I'm totally happy with any pointers for damage increase would be greatly appreciated though. The main point for making the post though, currently if I sim my character on SimC (Light movement, Elite, 50k Iterarions) and AMR (Krosus H, 300s etc.) I should be pushing about 440-460k dps. Now I'm not mad I'm outrunning my simulations but is there something I'm missing here or am I just breaking the laws of warcraft and have somehow maybe found a bug in the class/abilities/whatever.... I know I'm a strange build at the moment. Currently I've ended up stacking the crap out of howling blast damage, that started out with relic drops and then getting Ebon Martyr just last week so now I'm just running with it. The only difference to rotation, I'll keep my Rime proc if Remorseless Winter comes up in the next 2 seconds, otherwise it's IT>Rime>KM and Obliteration etc.  Anyway here are my links, I'm eagerly anticipating the feedback. 

Krosus Log: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/YaB9rfyv4KNDwFkC#fight=28&comparesearchplayer=50&comparesearch=2.10.2.28&view=analytical&type=damage-done

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormrage/Dronkul/advanced

Edited by Dronkul

I would say the best way to bump up your potential and actual damage would be to swap over to BoS Spec.  Your helm and waist synergize well with those talents, especially when you also have the 4pc.  You are in a really good spot for it atm.  Other than that, I really never use sims much.  Mostly I mess with target dummies to see how different talents affect my dps with procs and so on.

40 minutes ago, Matster said:

I would say the best way to bump up your potential and actual damage would be to swap over to BoS Spec.  Your helm and waist synergize well with those talents, especially when you also have the 4pc.  You are in a really good spot for it atm.  Other than that, I really never use sims much.  Mostly I mess with target dummies to see how different talents affect my dps with procs and so on.

Honestly this ^. Even subpar usage of BOS yields better results than any combination of OBRA/machinegun rotations. 100% recommend switching to BOS.

@Dronkul As usual I agree with Demon. I would add that you are pretty much where you would expect for the performance of your build in that log... you may be able to get another 50-60k higher with your current gear on that length fight but not the +100 - 150k I would predict with BoS on a short(ish) single target encounter.

Also, go 'Freezing Fog' for tier 2.. if you have the helm. It's worth it ;) (when you get the Seal or Bindings, go back to HoW again as per the 7.2 guide)

Edited by Browed

On 10/4/2017 at 1:16 PM, Browed said:

@Dronkul As usual I agree with Demon. I would add that you are pretty much where you would expect for the performance of your build in that log... you may be able to get another 50-60k higher with your current gear on that length fight but not the +100 - 150k I would predict with BoS on a short(ish) single target encounter.

Also, go 'Freezing Fog' for tier 2.. if you have the helm. It's worth it ;) (when you get the Seal or Bindings, go back to HoW again as per the 7.2 guide)

Do NOT go back to HoW, it's way worse under any circumstances.