Maxiedaxie

Cobra Commander Bug??

Sign in to follow this  

7 posts in this topic

good morning all, this morning I finally got the Cobra Commander golden trait upon testing it the damage is barely there also the tooltip say 6 secs the snake poison/DPS barely even lasted a full 2 secs is anyone else seeing this issue?

It's a terrible trait at the moment, accounts for anywhere between 0.5-2% of your overall dps. I was bitterly disappointed upon getting it, and hopefully they fix it in the future.

In terms of the damage not lasting for very long, submit a bug report to blizzard with that one.

I wished I'd seen this before yesterday.  I would have gladly spent my trait on Jaws of Thunder or something else...

8 hours ago, Eyeroll said:

I wished I'd seen this before yesterday.  I would have gladly spent my trait on Jaws of Thunder or something else...

I ended up going Cobra Commander, it's kind of hit and miss but last night I had a few pulls on mythic chrono helping out a friend's guild where it did like 7% of my dps. It works better on longer fights too, more chances to proc. I think the 6 second thing is decreased by haste, but I still don't feel it's correct.

The tooltip says that the snakes attack for 6 seconds (so the snakes are alive for 6 seconds), not that the poison they apply is a 6 second DoT. The tooltip also says nothing about their poison, if it's a 100% proc from their hit, or any other useful details. I believe they hit more than once before they disappear, but I haven't really tested it.

I do remember reading some complaints on the forums about the snakes taking damage from AoE and dying before hitting, but I don't know if that's related (and I haven't tested it myself).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Khallid said:

The tooltip says that the snakes attack for 6 seconds (so the snakes are alive for 6 seconds), not that the poison they apply is a 6 second DoT. The tooltip also says nothing about their poison, if it's a 100% proc from their hit, or any other useful details. I believe they hit more than once before they disappear, but I haven't really tested it.

Yeah that's true, they can stack multiple dots on them but the snakes do last for 6 seconds. It's the same as snake trap was where they'd continuously attack for ages but the poison they'd put up would only last a second or two.