FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Var

Who are the little blue guys and where did they come from?

I have had these little maniacs following me for years. They carry knives and interact with each other. They're hilarious to watch. What's their story? 

Maniacs.jpeg

Weird. They don't seem to be fallen lunatics... You don't happen to have had that ring in your cube for multiple years right?

WHAT IS THEIR STORY??! :O

8 hours ago, Skyewalker said:

Weird. They don't seem to be fallen lunatics... You don't happen to have had that ring in your cube for multiple years right?

WHAT IS THEIR STORY??! :O

My cubed items change with the season according to the class I run. This season I'm running a din and have OROTZ cubed.

it's a ring effect i believe (at least a legendary effect if not ring)

it something to the effect of every 10 seconds you summon a maniac to fight for you. The only thing at least playing on the console version where I have the effect they don't really fight, they just kinda run at the bad guys and splode. So just another fun little effect that gives you some weird monster thing to follow you around and keep you company :D

On 5/24/2017 at 4:05 AM, demonardvark said:

it's a ring effect i believe (at least a legendary effect if not ring)

it something to the effect of every 10 seconds you summon a maniac to fight for you. The only thing at least playing on the console version where I have the effect they don't really fight, they just kinda run at the bad guys and splode. So just another fun little effect that gives you some weird monster thing to follow you around and keep you company :D

Yeah, they're the same on PC. I love goofy stuff like this, though.

On 6/5/2017 at 1:37 AM, MisterPants said:

Yeah, they're the same on PC. I love goofy stuff like this, though.

It's the best :) why I love D3

On 5/24/2017 at 0:05 PM, demonardvark said:

So just another fun little effect that gives you some weird monster thing to follow you around and keep you company :D

Now I get why you play Death Knight :D

12 hours ago, Blainie said:

Now I get why you play Death Knight :D

Started as hunter vanilla and BC moved to Dk once available. No pet no play :)

On 6/8/2017 at 1:31 PM, demonardvark said:

Started as hunter vanilla and BC moved to Dk once available. No pet no play :)

I admire you, truly - no idea how you can play a pet class. I just can't get the playstyle down at all, it's never appealed to me :(

On 6/9/2017 at 3:21 PM, Blainie said:

I admire you, truly - no idea how you can play a pet class. I just can't get the playstyle down at all, it's never appealed to me :(

As far as wow goes no pet class was ever terribly involved. Unholy had a bit more work with timmy in the past. What was always fun was being frost or blood and using the raise dead death pact macro.

"pet appears" YAY MASTER I WILL FIGHT FOR YOU

"cast death pact near murdering timmy to heal yourself" Why Master.... why?!!?!

"timmy dies"

But mmo's have a bit of a mind numbing grind thing to them so having more complex rotations or things to do makes it more interesting to me. while yes you run into many times where you have to do a ton of work for subpar dps, it'd rather have to work harder for it than fall asleep while doing it. plus in other mmos pet classes have awesome things, like in guild wars 2 you can shoot unicorns XD

im not lying about that

the-dreamer-unicorn1.jpg

On 6/10/2017 at 11:38 PM, demonardvark said:

im not lying about that

why is this not a thing in Diablo? They need to make this a reward from a rare spawn in Whimsy for WD - rather than have a garg, you get a giant teddy bear. 

8 minutes ago, Blainie said:

why is this not a thing in Diablo? They need to make this a reward from a rare spawn in Whimsy for WD - rather than have a garg, you get a giant teddy bear. 

Idea, from whimsy you get a 4th follower. Basically a giant care bear, one ability it hugs an enemy stunning them, one it shoots out a rainbow heart beam OF DEATH. Then i guess the obligatory it hugs you for some heals. Actually that's basically the templar isn't it? Eh oh well, do it Evolve style then, new skin with slightly changed stats.

WTB care bear follower expansion pack post necromancer pack

• Like 1