FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Minho

Trinket question

I just got a warforged unstable arcanocrystal( i think it was ilvl 865) and heroic entwined elemental foci(890). I simmed both along with heroic wf draught of souls and the unstable arcanocrystal seems to do more dps. but the stats the foci gives are pretty good when they proc. idk, im just confused on which to use. what do you guys think?

Edited by Minho

As far as my sims have gone a stat stick like the unstable can be very good.  From the information I have seen and the sims again I have done the draoght is not a great trinket for ret pally's to use.  The foci can be good as you say and seems to sim well too.  I currently am using foci and convergance of fates which seem to give me my best numbers overall for sims.

If you use simcraft as you say just go with whatever sims best for you.  Each player is different with the gear they have.

Hope this helps a little

Can confirm Imryll's answer above. Sims are different for everyone as it takes YOUR gear in account. (And Artifact traits). 

@Imryll, for me too my Entwined + Convergence of Fates sims the highest single target dps.

What's funny though, is that I have a 905 Entwined and a 895 Faulty Countermeasure. Combined with Convergence of Fates, the Entwined sims more over the Faulty. While Icy-Veins (this website, duh) lists Faulty as the #2 BiS trinket and Entwined as the #10.   (#1 and #9 if you disregard the Legendary trinket). What's up with that? 8 ranks difference is pretty huge. Even if I take off the CoF trinket, Entwined beats Faulty by 7k dps (!) Latest Simcraft nightly build. Is my sim busted or is icy-veins listing an incorrect trinket prio list for single target dps?