FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
NoDoze

Multi-spec Druids viable in Legion?

Curious in Legion Is it still viable to multi-spec a single Druid character for different raiding roles or if folk think it is better to just dedicate separate toons.

I am a returning player and not sure how Artifacts work and if they make multi-specing more difficult... I would likely want to end up with both a Druid Healer and Druid Tank options.

I may be getting multiple free Level 100 boosts and could do 1 for a dedicated Druid Tank & another for a dedicated druid Healer or I could just do 1 Druid and multi-spec it...

You can easely multi-spec not need to have multiple toons specially if you want to play only a druid, at the moment both tank and healing druid are really strong and for the artefact system there many catch up mecanics in place so don't worry about it in less than a week after you hit 110 you can be caught up decently.

• Like 1

AK 26 increases you Artifact Power gained from tokens by 100,000%, in 3 emissary quests you will almost unlock all you traits in your weapon before empowering it. If you still haven't gotten to AK 25 yet, you should farm Orderhall resources for the repeatable AK quest.

Currently people have an expectation that you will have your 4th golden trait by now, so having it on multiple of your specs should make it viable. When we get to AK 40 everyone should have their first Concordance rank unlocked.

• Like 1

You should multi spec !

Druids are a great assets for the raid. You can tank (it's easy, and tbh, quite overpowered). You can heal, and the best part is that you only need 2 gear sets as the healing gear is pretty much the same than the DPS balance gear (legendary and trinket put aside). Meaning you can also DPS if needed (falling stars is one of the best/easiest/largest ae in the game)

You should be able to level up the 3 weapons fairly quickly.

I would not advise to DPS in feral, the gameplay is demanding and the gear is also rather different.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for the replies.  I don't pretend to understand all the Artifact steps/lingo yet but I am getting more comfortable after reading these posts and I bookmarked this thread and plan to review it again once I make my first 100 and get my first artifact.

It is very cool that I don't necessarily have to burn more than one level 100 boost to be able to try both a Druid Tank and Druid Healer roles in the current end game and that it isn't a horrible grind to have multiple gear-sets & Artifact weapons...  Even better to learn that with 2 Gearsets (3 weapons/trinkets) I could end up with Tank, Healer, & ranged DPS options...

Historically I multiboxed 5+ WoW accounts (clearing my own dungeons) and my favorite classes were Druids and Hunters...  Concurrently with starting this thread and a similar thread in the Hunter forums I also did some researching at Dual-Boxing.com.  VERY EXCITED that currently in 7.2 one of the most successful/recommended multi-box 5man team complements just happens to be 2 Druids + 3 Hunters (Druid Tank, Druid Healer, + 3 BM Hunters DPS) which fits me perfectly... 

For now I plan to re-activate & add Legion on just 2 of my 5 accounts and use them as follows:

- Level 100 boost for a Druid that I plan to level with a RL buddy of mine;  Depending on what class/spec he goes with I may actually do Boomchicken for speed while leveling with him and maybe start raiding as DPS (then work/branch into healing &/or Tanking).

- Level 100 boost a BM Hunter for me for solo use for when my buddy is not on.  I don't want to outlevel/outgear him on my Druid so this Hunter should help me be able to still do stuff when he is not online...

Later, if I stay excited/enthused, I may activate my other 3 accounts and 100 boost and level 2 more Hunters and another Druid.  Even if I don't personally use them I may end up activating some of the other accounts anyway as I have 5 kids and some of them are asking me to anyway (among other things we used to collect pets from all over the game together)...

Edited by NoDoze

If I was multiboxing, I'd do it with a Vengeance DH and 4 Havoc Demon Hunters.. that would give you a lot more AoE burst and mobility compared with the Hunters. I have a level 98 Paladin that can solo clear Legion normal dungeons, so it's not exactly hard.