Stan

Patch 7.3: Tier 21 Armor Sets

12 posts in this topic

guXiS5p.jpg

First look at Tier 21 Sets dropping from Antorus the Burning Throne raid on Argus.

Please note that many sets are unfinished.

Mythic Tier 21 Sets

Death Knight

dk.jpgdk2.jpg

Demon Hunter

dh.jpgdh2.jpg

Druid

druid.jpgdruid2.jpg

Hunter

hunter.jpghunter2.jpg

Mage

mage.jpgmage2.jpg

Monk

monk.jpgmonk2.jpg

Paladin

WoWScrnShot_062917_063802.jpgWoWScrnShot_062917_063809.jpg

Priest

priest.jpgpriest2.jpg

Shaman

shaman.jpgshaman2.jpg

Warlock

warlock.jpgwarlock2.jpg

Warrior

warrior.jpgwarrior2.jpg

• Like 1

I like the warrior set shoulders if only because it's not textured. Reminds me of Nier Automata's style. And I'm just a big softie for Nier.

Me thinks they are running out of fresh ideas for armor. When in doubt add lots of spikes, and maybe a few skulls, seems to be the motto.

2 hours ago, Yridaa said:

I like the warrior set shoulders if only because it's not textured. Reminds me of Nier Automata's style. And I'm just a big softie for Nier.

did you said Nier Automata, 2B, right? not so similar i think :D.. 

1 hour ago, Megazia said:

did you said Nier Automata, 2B, right? not so similar i think :D.. 

Yes, I mean how light nier usually touches their objects with textures, just like the white shoulders. Like copied city and the last area (Don't want to spoil that too much), the minimap view and some desert areas are also light on textures.

Kind of gives a weird but cool vibe, the style.

Edit: And the bunker of course...

Edited by Yridaa

3 hours ago, ChaosDecides said:

Me thinks they are running out of fresh ideas for armor. When in doubt add lots of spikes, and maybe a few skulls, seems to be the motto.

I'm in big agreement with you here. Many of the sets just look like advanced re-hashes (again) of older sets or combinations of them. It would seem personally though if the class starts with the letter P they are getting good armor, I like the paladin set and the priest set quite abit here's hoping pdeathknight gets a better work over XD

They say Antorus will be similar to Isle of Thunder, then I see the gear. Striking similarity to the gear Hunter gear during Isle of Thunder.

On 6/29/2017 at 3:50 AM, demonardvark said:

I'm in big agreement with you here. Many of the sets just look like advanced re-hashes (again) of older sets or combinations of them. It would seem personally though if the class starts with the letter P they are getting good armor, I like the paladin set and the priest set quite abit here's hoping pdeathknight gets a better work over XD

They used to be somewhat thematic with the xpac, especially for hunters. You had sets based on certain species of creature you fought.

One class that needs work is the DH. It's like they haven't figured out how to give it a unique look. I'd love to see a helm piece like the fire and ice ones you can buy at the online store. A pure fel energy helm that turns into a demonic face, with fel crystal horns or something like that. It's like they currently want to have some kind of warrior/warlock hybrid, spikes and green demon energy. Not sure that's the best approach.

With the DK just expect shoulder pieces to have skulls of some kind on them. Otherwise you'll be disappointed.

Not a big fan of these.  The earlier sets, especially for hunter looked great.  The idea that they were based off what you were fighting was exceptional.  Now it looks like we are just putting whatever in place of something better.  Not a big fan of just re hashing old armor and chaning the color.  Come on armor designers, I know you can do better.