FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
demonardvark

So, how does everyone like the necomancer?

Topic, 

I fell in love almost immediately with corpse explosion, it remains my favorite ability and i basically giggle every time. In fact most of the abilities are both fun to use and look good (while many do feel lacking damage wise). The armor sets are all very stylish and well designed too. This basically feels to me like they took every thing that Death Knights in WoW ever wanted and put it into D3 as the necro, kind of like how when crusader dropped some said that WoW pally's looked on in jealousy, Necromancer = everything I wanted or loved from wow Death Knight.

Only downsides though for me is (and I'm only so far with mine) bosses and elites. Now it could be mostly because I am running a corpse sploding theme build but against bosses and elites I seem to struggle as Necro, just not a lot of damage going out. Also without bodies to splode it can feel really slow. I've played with builds for the other sets and it seems the class can just hit really bad slow down times where you are stripped of all resources and can't do much, all classes can hit that wall but necro seems to happen a lot more frequently for me.

All in all I'm thrilled with it with only a couple weird things that might just be solved with better gear. So how about all of you, how are you liking necromancer? 

17 minutes ago, demonardvark said:

Only downsides though for me is (and I'm only so far with mine) bosses and elites. Now it could be mostly because I am running a corpse sploding theme build but against bosses and elites I seem to struggle as Necro, just not a lot of damage going out. Also without bodies to splode it can feel really slow. I've played with builds for the other sets and it seems the class can just hit really bad slow down times where you are stripped of all resources and can't do much, all classes can hit that wall but necro seems to happen a lot more frequently for me.

Classic D2 artillery necro problems, spread out beyond love of CE.  Maybe read some D2 guide on it.

Like:  Initially no, but an odd sequence of events found me teaming with KR/TW playing necros, getting thru the camPain (sp) in order to get to the fun game.  I learned alot from the party, and now am happier that I spent 2x movie tickets for the DLC.  Combat necros are making a comeback, long forgotten from the early classic D2 daze, frost golems are great.  Guess I will read some builds...

One thought, OP, is Skeletal Mages.  Their first rune causes them to leave a corpse when they die after six seconds, and you can summon ten at once.  Since they only cost essence, this results in infinite corpses, if you're wanting to build in that direction.

I can agree that as champion - Necro is very fun to play but the sets and item look for them are horrible, comparing to other champs items. Figures doesn't even look like 3d when equipped ( I got max video settings ) and the variety of items u got on lvl 70 is like 7 different set looks together with blacksmith items. I hope they will improve that in future.
But this patch update is very good, new rooms, new rifts.

There are too many people to quote individually (cough im lazy cough) but yeah as I've leveled up more I've gotten more glyphs and such which allow me to generate bodies on my own. It has made artillery neco much more playable :D I'm not playing around with all the other builds although personally I find corpse explosion to be the highlight above all else of necro. I giggle everytime