FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
BlackMariah

Do I underperform? Arms

Hey fellow Warriors,

I feel like Iam underperforming. My spec is obviously arms and Iam running the rend build. My opener is usually CS -> Rend -> MS -> BC  and during the fight Iam trying to keep rend up and go for the CS-MS whenever I can while putting Slams in between. Iam very unsure of my opening rotation and also of how to use my Strom kar (just tried to copy the top dps i found on WCLOGS, since I have no clue). I also feel often times like Iam running out of rage. Do I slam too much?

Anyways, here is a Log from me with 893 ilvl. Iam happy for any advice and help.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/v6zPBGfXkQqRcmTK#fight=8&type=damage-done&source=17

Rend costs 30 rage, and it looks like you are trying to rend every single add, thats why you are running out of rage. On AOE fights even tho you play this spec try to keep rend on BOSS only (maybe one more add if it is going to live long enough). Havent seen single slam in entire fight :)

• Like 1

It's hard to tell what you're targeting with rend, but like Chargingbull said, you're rending way, way too often. Cast it once on the boss, maybe once more on a priority add, and then recast if it falls off or you have less than 2 seconds left on the bleed. In some instances it looks like you were casting rend back to back, which is a huge waste of rage especially if you're rending targets that aren't living the full 8 seconds.

You're running rend build with relics that are giving you whirlwind damage. You didn't cast slam, which is better damage per rage than whirlwind with the build you're running.

In execute phase, wait to cast mortal strike until you have 2 stacks of executioner's precision and shattered defenses. So basically keep spamming execute until you get a CS proc and then can hit CS -> MS. Don't cast a third execute if you can CS -> MS with 2x EP.

• Like 1

Hi, thanks for all the Feedback!!

Here is a newer Log.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/F4G3pNmWXbw6tChr#fight=1&type=damage-done&source=2&view=timeline

I have an average performance of  18 on Warcraftlogs, which seems to be veeeeery low. Does that come from me not having all the BiS stuff and running crappy  stuff? Or am I still doing any major mistakes? I have the feeling I should do close to 900k dmg, but hovering at  around 700k atm.... My dmg didn't increase signifiantly grom the log where I used 902ilvl, compared to my current 909ilvl.

Tbh, on the log where you're at 902 ilevel, the ilevel perf is at 80% for goroth (aka you're above 80% of the logs for your ilevel) which is pretty good, given you have no T20 and you run sephuz/aggramar, which is, let's face it, pretty nasty.

You died on Harjatan, so not much to see there, even though you really should go FoB on Harjatan. Rend falls quickly out of contention as soon as there are 3+ targets.

Also, as soon as you can cleave in a fight (aka any fight but maiden and goroth), you should pick sweeping strikes over dauntless.