FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Meltrump

The Empty Crown - not that shabby?

As the title states this is about Sin's "new" legendary headpiece... This legendary is actually very interesting. I've tried using this legendary with different kind of setups and I've found it very nice to smooth things out. In my opener it garantees that I can make everything happen in the 12 second crit window (with Mantle) - and this is without bloodlust... That's extremely powerful for encounters where you don't use Bloodlust on pulls. I know that the legendary wrist ofc. is also powerful if the Bloodlust is used around 30% of the boss hp. But still... Also this legendary headpiece has like the best stats possible (high mastery and decent crit) and provides the most agility of all legendaries. Furthermore it allows you to unequip that shitty T20 head that is overloaded with useless haste. This does require you to have a high ilvl of the back, chest, gloves and legs though as the shoulders and head are ruled out duo to legendaries.

Has anyone had good experience with this legendary? I use it sometimes along with Mantle (which ofc. is the mandatory pick). The legendary boots don't feel that slick anymore since the timing with abilities is just so off with the added Kingsbane CD reduction (and bad luck with MA relics). So it's either crown/mantle or wrist/mantle.

22 hours ago, Meltrump said:

As the title states this is about Sin's "new" legendary headpiece... This legendary is actually very interesting. I've tried using this legendary with different kind of setups and I've found it very nice to smooth things out. In my opener it garantees that I can make everything happen in the 12 second crit window (with Mantle) - and this is without bloodlust... That's extremely powerful for encounters where you don't use Bloodlust on pulls. I know that the legendary wrist ofc. is also powerful if the Bloodlust is used around 30% of the boss hp. But still... Also this legendary headpiece has like the best stats possible (high mastery and decent crit) and provides the most agility of all legendaries. Furthermore it allows you to unequip that shitty T20 head that is overloaded with useless haste. This does require you to have a high ilvl of the back, chest, gloves and legs though as the shoulders and head are ruled out duo to legendaries.

Has anyone had good experience with this legendary? I use it sometimes along with Mantle (which ofc. is the mandatory pick). The legendary boots don't feel that slick anymore since the timing with abilities is just so off with the added Kingsbane CD reduction (and bad luck with MA relics). So it's either crown/mantle or wrist/mantle.

If I had to rank them, I'd put it as a solid 4th - I think Mantle + Boots/Wrists are still the better combinations, but the Helmet isn't bad by any means.

Realistically the difference is probably pretty minor though, and playing what feels comfortable can result in better overall performance than trying to force yourself to do something you're less ok with